Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
Digging the moat after moderation hours had ended was also part of the job, but it was safer than burying the mines.

As long as our accounts are not made public, there is no problem. :D

Last edited:
Not interesting or important enough to go to Site Support but...

When did premium users lose the ability to lock their own threads? It's something I casually noticed a few weeks ago when I was ending last season's football thread and starting this season's; I had closed the previous ones but was unable to do so this time.

When did premium users lose the ability to lock their own threads? It's something I casually noticed a few weeks ago when I was ending last season's football thread and starting this season's; I had closed the previous ones but was unable to do so this time.
In 2013, when we switched forum software. The new forum software only contains universal open/close thread privileges per user group. The "open/close own thread" permission is not an option so the feature had to be removed.

In 2013, when we switched forum software. The new forum software only contains universal open/close thread privileges per user group. The "open/close own thread" permission is not an option so the feature had to be removed.

Thank you, I appreciate the answer. 👍

GTP time slippage.

I've been here way too long.

TB
I'm almost positive you can't.
For the sake of being 100% sure, I'm going to try to put you on my to ignore list. :D

Not for long though. Only for a few years.

:P

EDIt: Well!

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 46
One thing I do wonder though is what would happen if I added a staff emeritus to my ignore list and then they decide to become a moderator again?

For the sake of being 100% sure, I'm going to try to put you on my to ignore list. :D

Not for long though. Only for a few years.

:P

EDIt: Well!
Interesting. I can't even setup a scenario to get that system message because "Ignore" isn't presented as an option alongside "Send Message" and "Follow" on the popup profile for moderators.

Interesting. I can't even setup a scenario to get that system message because "Ignore" isn't presented as an option alongside "Send Message" and "Follow" on the popup profile for moderators.
You can manually add names on the 'people you ignore' page on your own profile.

One thing I do wonder though is what would happen if I added a staff emeritus to my ignore list and then they decide to become a moderator again?
Don't worry, he hasn't logged in for ages.

You probably already know this but let's see if I can help you create the perfect scenario to start ignoring GTP staff. :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

You can manually add names on the 'people you ignore' page on your own profile.

Don't worry, he hasn't logged in for ages.
@Scaff hasnt been login since 30 June, so not really ages ago....

.... Oooh that "Most opinionated member".
It seems as though you’re both referring to the same member & I tried to add him to the Ignore List without success.

Fortunately, he seems to have done the job for us :D

Have the mods/writing staff seen the new Netflix show, Hyperdrive?

I think it's something worth looking at.

Have the mods/writing staff seen the new Netflix show, Hyperdrive?

I think it's something worth looking at.
I'm almost done with the season.

Some guys (the idiot who drifts on public streets and claims to have been arrested 12 times in a year for it) aren't doing the sport any favors. Others that do so professionally are pretty impressive to watch.

TB
I'm almost done with the season.

Some guys (the idiot who drifts on public streets and claims to have been arrested 12 times in a year for it) aren't doing the sport any favors. Others that do so professionally are pretty impressive to watch.
That rich dude with the AMG got what was coming to him, in all honesty. He tried to sidestep the targets and got knocked out of the qualifier.

Back