R.S.01 Trophy. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. 90 minutes.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 574 comments

Do you want multiple tyre compounds available?

• Yes. Soft/Medium/Hard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Mediums only.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wales
Anglesey
El_Beardo_Grande
Renault_Sport_Trophy_logo.png

R.S.01 ‘16 one make (Gr.X)

Saturday, 23rd of November.
12:00PST - 15:00EST - 20:00GMT

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Conditions - Noon - 12:00 - Fine Weather.

This is open to all levels of ability. I don't take this very seriously, and neither should you. The main aim is to have a good, fun race.

Drivers DR:B, and lower will also be competing amongst themselves for an AM class win.

• Qualifying: 25 Minutes
    • Race: 90 Minutes
    • Start: Rolling
    • Grid Order: Fastest First
    • Boost: Off
    • Slipstream Strength: Real
    • Visible Damage: On
    • Mech Damage: Light
    • Tyre Wear: 1x
    • Fuel Depletion: 1x (Quali x8)
    • Initial Fuel: 75L
    • Grip Reduction: Real
    • Race Finish Delay: 120 Seconds
    • BOP: 102% power. 100% weight (553bhp/1144kg)
    • Tyres: Racing Medium only.
    • Tuning: Prohibited
    • Ghost: Off
    • Penalties: Weak
    • Side Contact Penalty: On

Note; Livery rules are only in place here so that any post race replays/photos look cool.
  • Stock/default livery prohibited. (Mistah’s exception noted)
  • Default window banner to be used.
  • Car number to placed on left and right intakes (as pictured below)
  • Michelin logos must be used. Placement is up to you.
  • Other than that, go mental.

5NHRqtc.jpg

• Play fair.
    • Race hard.
    • No intentional shenanigans.
    • Have fun.
    • If being lapped, DO NOT yield position, or move off line. The faster driver is to make a safe pass, when safe to do so.

Please a pick a car number, and let me know if you want to join.

Race start procedure
We'll start with a standard grid start. No false start check. Pole sitter will lead an outlap at a leisurely pace (approx 100kph/62mph) until Stavelot. From Stavelot, it's the leaders discretion as to when they go full throttle. During this first lap, there's no need to form into two rows. Just don't overtake anyone.

This is to minimise/eliminate rolling start glitches and spread the pack slightly for the bus stop.

Last edited:
Hmmm I wonder where you got the idea for this...

Originally, I was going to run a one make series. 8 races. 8 one make sprints from around the world. As it is, I can't guarantee when I'll be able to host consistently, until after Xmas. So, I'll host this in the meantime.

S'all good, I'm (hopefully) catering to a very different mindset than your series.

I'm interested anyway, it's just there are so many things that are exactly the same and forgive me, but I can't help but notice these things.

That's fair enough, mate :) I've just checked all your settings, and there is a lot in common. If it works, it works, I guess. I was contemplating higher tyre/fuel wear. But, given that the 90 mins at Spa actually happened, I figured x1 would work well.

More than happy to have you, if you're not running an event on the 23rd.

That's fair enough, mate :) I've just checked all your settings, and there is a lot in common. If it works, it works, I guess. I was contemplating higher tyre/fuel wear. But, given that the 90 mins at Spa actually happened, I figured x1 would work well.

More than happy to have you, if you're not running an event on the 23rd.
We're gonna wrap up our series on the 16th so yea I'll be there. Same tires too. A little while ago I started using RM as my default tire for Gr.3 and faster race cars. Tires x1 will last roughly 60 minutes if you're nice to them, but Spa has a short pit lane so you might as well change tires when you pit for fuel. I start at 90L and it lasts 30 minutes, 35 or so with fuel saving so 75L might be too little to start. This car has a small tank and burns it fast. Let's have so fun

I'll bite. But, we might want to do some kind of practice beforehand. If the server won't let me participate like this past weekend, that will allow someone else to jump in. For now, I'll take #17.

For sure. I'll be running one or two practice sessions as I need to learn Spa/the car. I'll keep you updated.

We're gonna wrap up our series on the 16th so yea I'll be there. Same tires too. A little while ago I started using RM as my default tire for Gr.3 and faster race cars. Tires x1 will last roughly 60 minutes if you're nice to them, but Spa has a short pit lane so you might as well change tires when you pit for fuel. I start at 90L and it lasts 30 minutes, 35 or so with fuel saving so 75L might be too little to start. This car has a small tank and burns it fast. Let's have so fun

Aye, I did think that 75 might be a bit short. But, from my VERY limited testing, it doesn't seem too bad. Mediums are swiftly becoming my favourite tyre, with reasonable wear multipliers.

Sure I'll join. I should be better at Spa by then :lol:

You and me both :lol:

Qyn
TPC_QYN73 - #73 Hopefully real life won't get in the way this time :P

Fingers crossed, buddy.

Sure I'll join. I should be better at Spa by then :lol:
I'll check out the car!

I've got the car on my main account (thanks prize wheel). Now to learn a new car while learning a new track. What could go wrong?

giphy.gif

The last one was good fun so I'll put my name down here, I need to learn how to properly use the livery editor but I'm sure I will show up in something tastefully decorated in lime green and fluorescent pink with a number 83 on the side.

Once you open Pandora's livery editor, you'll never get your time back. :lol:

I’m in, Thanks for the invite! I’ll go with #11 if available. :cheers:

I'm interested, put me down for #7

The last one was good fun so I'll put my name down here, I need to learn how to properly use the livery editor but I'm sure I will show up in something tastefully decorated in lime green and fluorescent pink with a number 83 on the side.

Count me in tentatively. I'll have to confirm with work that I can get that day off, shouldn't be a problem I hope. I'll take #3 please. I have a livery in mind that I've been wanting to put on this car, but never did. This is a good excuse to finally do it.

I'd love to give it a go, but I don't know how I will go with a 5am start :crazy:.

If I can make it, I'll take 13 :P.

Cheers guys :)

Invisigoth, you'll be happy to know this one is more casual with aids. All driving aids will be allowed.

Back