Islam - What's your view on it?

• Thread starter SalmanBH
  • 5,805 comments
So... you don't know the extent of the problem, but you know it's big enough to be outlawed?

Frankly, if a fifth of the world is in areas prone to cousin marriage it doesn't matter how "culturally sensitive" a matter it is. If it was a major problem it would be immediately and catastrophically obvious. The reality is that it's not ideal, but on the scale of damaging things that humans do to themselves and their children it barely even registers.
We know it's a problem:

Just like we know Tay-Sachs disease is a problem in certain Jewish communities:

There it is. It's not about cousin marriage or anything related to it. It's about trying to find a sneaky way to define a specific group of people so that you can have an excuse to exert control on their behaviour.
It's about putting in policies to encourage integration.
Yet everyone else are the authoritarian cultists. Huh.
Exhibiting weird, cult-like behaviours.
If you want people to integrate, maybe demonstrate to them that they'll be accepted for who they are instead of coming up with laws to demonise them for things that don't matter. Attempting to strongarm people to marry into another culture to force "integration" is some colonialist cultural erasure bollocks. They're not the problem with integration, you are. And they're right to be scared of you.
Tried that since the 1940s. Hasn't worked.

Only looking at employment statistics you get:

1729234196684.png

1729234341180.png

Obviously, you have other markers of integration, and I'd encourage you to read about Bradford's history and current problems.
The irony of using an image of an episode of South Park that was directly critical of certain aspects of Islam appears to be lost on you.
Were they allowed to show Muhammad?
Was the ending speech allowed to be broadcast?
Are those episodes available now?
1729234505642.png

Like I said, you guys are a bit like the dinosaurs of the internet, which is depressing to see.

Last edited:
@HenrySwanson - You’ve spent 10,987 words here and have spectacularly failed to clearly articulate your point. As far as I can tell, your talking points are:
  • People should criticize entire religions, not individuals
  • No one ever criticizes Islam as a religion, ever
  • No one should criticize Christianity as a religion, just individuals
  • Or something
You’re like a singer who repeats the chorus of your song a hundred times, but never manages to do it coherently even once.

You need to add in 'you can only judge a religion by its founder, not its history (that this favours Christianity is of course a total coincidence).

Allowed? Yes.

Did the companies that supply these programmes chose not to show them? Yes, and in the US that's a 1st Amendment right. For someone who wants the UK to adopt it, you sure have a poor understanding of it.

Which is consistent (either by ignorance or design) of your posting on religion. You held up, in an earlier post, Christianity modernisation via the example of gay/lesbian Bishops. What you failed to mention is that one entire branch (and a sizable one at that) denounced this and refuses to do the same (or anything close). Nor did you mention that within the Anglican church, a full half of the church refused to agree with this and to this day refuses to acknowledge it. So at best around 25% of Christianity accepts this. It's a step in the right direction, but a long way from the gotcha you presented it as.

Last edited:
You need to add in 'you can only judge a religion by its founder, not its history (that this favours Christianity is of course a total coincidence).
Didn't say that.
Allowed? Yes.

Did the companies that supply these programmes chose not to show them? Yes, and in the US that's a 1st Amendment right. For someone who wants the UK to adopt it, you sure have a poor understanding of it.
Matt and Trey were allowed by Comedy Central? News to me.

Didn't say that.
Oh you did, and got into quite the huff about it.
Matt and Trey were allowed by Comedy Central? News to me.
And you have once again failed to understand how the very ammendment you want to make law in England works.

You never specified allowed by who, so I went for the fullest answer, covering both the law and the businesses.

Last edited:
Hello, First of all, I want to say this. I am 42 years old and I am Muslim. And Islam is not something as everyone knows.

Priority means Islam: humanity and cooperation. It prioritizes the way people get along and live together with other people. If there are 5 families in a neighbourhood, if 4 families have food and 1 family does not have food, all meals are shared equally among 5 families. This is Islam.

When a person or animal falls to the ground, instead of looking at it, picking it up and helping it is Islam.

Respecting every language and religion is Islam. I am Muslim, but I have been to church many times. because they believe in God there. And it doesn't matter, it is Islam to respect people who do not believe in God or religion. Because even if he doesn't know it, it is Allah who created that person.

For example, I am married and I have children, we play games together. I am a healthcare character even in games. When I'm racing GT7, if someone is coming faster than me, I step aside. If that racer is faster than me, he is the one who has the right. Even preventing it is prohibited in Islam.

If you see a rich person and the money he earns is in the right ways, you should say, "May God give him more money, how well he deserves it." But if he is making money through bad ways, it still means may God show him the right way. This is Islam.

What is the place of Islam in the world now? It is a very, very, very misunderstood subject. Islam is not politics. Islam is not violence. Islam is not this visible event. Currently, violence and chaos are being used in the world under the name of Islam. This is so wrong. The whole world sees Islam as violence and conflict.

In Islam, violence only happens in war and only when enemy soldiers fight. Surrendered soldiers are welcomed as guests, not slaves. exists on this date. But that history no longer exists.

In Islam, women are held in high esteem. is not a slave. In Islam, women are shown as slaves who submit to men. But in true Islam, he is the source of joy and the real owner of the house. Women are very valuable in Islam. Animals are very valuable in Islam.

This is the real Islam. Islam is not a state or country. Islam is not a flag. Islam is the way of life. Everything that is said not to do in Islam is either unhealthy or bad. But 90% of the Islamic world does not live this way. It's such a shame and so sad.

**There may be a translation error in my article, I apologize.

Oh you did, and got into quite the huff about it.
Show me where I said you can "only" judge it by that. Are you referring to the picture I posted?
And you have once again failed to understand how the very ammendment you want to make law in England works.

You never specified allowed by who, so I went for the fullest answer, covering both the law and the businesses.
To be fair, that's not on me. If you wanted clarification, you could have asked for it.

That's the thing; they actually already did. "Super Best Friends" depicts Muhammad long before the controversial episodes, "200" & "201".
Exactly. Things have gotten worse.

Super Best Friends is banned now too.
Women are very valuable in Islam. Animals are very valuable in Islam.
giphy.webp

=======

Guys, I'm gently trying to wake you up to what's happening in the Western World outside of here.

The highest-rated response to this story

on that well-known Farage supporting forum that is Reddit Europe is:

1729251036382.png

Evolve or let the right/far-right takeover. Your choice.

Last edited:
Pretty sure people are offensive even with the laws, except we are more hamstrung than America. See the woman in Austria case we talked about earlier.
Why do you want to focus on Austria when they have blasphemy laws we don't? We live in the UK... you're afraid of what's happening in London. If you want to be more like America, that's one thing, but we're already not like Austria.

What is wrong with this:
At this point it's just a waste of electrons. You either think it's a real scenario or you don't, if you don't why mention it?

We don't have a massive integration problem with women over 36 and their offspring.
That wasn't the problem the suggestion was intended to solve.

Peaceful protest against Muhammad and the lunacy of a lot of Islam.
Fair enough. I think you'd be protesting the wrong thing, but say hello to Tommy ten names if you see him.

Would you want to live in that alternate 2024?
M'eh. From my point of view it wouldn't be that different. I don't go out of my way to offend people over their religion, but I don't want any legal protection for religion, I don't want it in any part of the state or the branches of government, and I don't want it in schools.

M'eh. From my point of view it wouldn't be that different. I don't go out of my way to offend people over their religion, but I don't want any legal protection for religion, I don't want it in any part of the state or the branches of government, and I don't want it in schools.
Then is there any point responding? I would hate to live in that 2024 timeline.

It's no wonder we are seeing this:

Last edited:
Show me where I said you can "only" judge it by that. Are you referring to the picture I posted?

Was this not you...

And now religions that were founded by a single person, like Islam.

How many other founders preached as much violence and themselves took part in violence?

... now your were asked for clarification and all we got was memes and avoidance.

To be fair, that's not on me. If you wanted clarification, you could have asked for it

First is on you to be clear in your posts, not the reader.

Secondly you have a track record of avoidance when clarification is requested, so no, its on you. As I notice that again you've failed to actually address the point.

Last edited:
Was this not you...

... now your were asked for clarification and all we got was memes and avoidance.
That doesn't equal it being the "only" thing it can be judged by. If by "asked for clarification", I responded with:

First is on you to be clear in your posts, not the reader.

Secondly you have a track record of avoidance when clarification is requested, so no, its on you. As I notice that again you've failed to actually address the point.
The point is Comedy Central didn't allow it (they censored it), and they have not allowed it to be broadcast at all now.

I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. I would have thought allowance in this context was clearly not talking about the state if I'm advocating for less restriction of speech. You have to remember that I've posted about this saga in multiple threads and what Matt and Trey's original version was.

That doesn't equal it being the "only" thing it can be judged by. If by "asked for clarification", I responded with:

You replied with a single line and then edited the rest in, not that it actually clarified a great deal.
The point is Comedy Central didn't allow it (they censored it), and they have not allowed it to be broadcast at all now.

I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. I would have thought allowance in this context was clearly not talking about the state if I'm advocating for less restriction of speech. You have to remember that I've posted about this saga in multiple threads and what Matt and Trey's original version was.
Are you of the opinion that Comedy Central don't have the right to do this?

As you still don't seem to understand how free speech works, as free speech is individuals and companies being able to chose what they do and don't say. You seem to be implying that CC should be compelled to show something, which is the exact opposite of free speech.

Last edited:
Just like we know Tay-Sachs disease is a problem in certain Jewish communities:

Cool. I haven't seen you advocating for banning Jews from intermarrying though, so I'm going to take this as more evidence that the "health benefits" are not even slightly the point of what you're trying to do. They're an excuse that falls apart under the slightest scrutiny.

You could be advocating for genetic testing for children born of unions that are within a certain level of familial closeness (as it what happens for many Ashkenazi couples), but you're not. Because you don't care about health, you care about breaking up communities that you see as "threatening" and forcing them to become like you.

I'm surprised you're not going all the way and advocating for arranged marriages for these migrants with suitable partners chosen for them by the state. In the name of integration, of course. If you want an integrated society, surely it's for the best that you make it happen as quickly and efficiently as possible. No?

You know, there was once a set of policies in Australia that I think you'd really like. It's colloquially referred to as the Stolen Generations, and the policies in place during that period really hit on a lot of the concerns that you have. Some might say that it showed that trying to separate people from their culture and history in order to make them more "white" was at best foolish. But you're a strong, independent thinker with a demonstrated ability to reason clearly, so I have no doubt that you'll understand how effective those policies were.
View attachment 1398368
Like I said, you guys are a bit like the dinosaurs of the internet, which is depressing to see.
The point you made was that no one ever criticises Islam to a degree that you find suitable. Despite whatever restrictions and/or threats they may or may not have faced, the show was unquestionably critical of Islam. It continues to be so, regardless of how easy it is to access.

Arguably, the point that the show was trying to make is made substantially stronger by the meta-narrative of what went on around it. Which to my understanding was mostly about the network having concern around physical safety because there were people directly threatening violence, rather than any greater systemic policy of soft-balling Islamic criticism.

I think you can't distinguish between when you're arguing for religious critique and when you're arguing for ignoring threats of violence from extremists. It's all just one big muddled mess to you, which doesn't really give much of a sense that you've got a strong and well reasoned opinion on the matter.

You're just throwing it all at the wall to see what sticks in order to support an "opinion" which you made your mind up on long, long before anything resembling facts entered the picture.
Guys, I'm gently trying to wake you up to what's happening in the Western World outside of here.
Stuff is happening to the Western World, just not what you think it is.

Do you want to warn us all about the Great Replacement too, just to round things out? Tell us all about how much better things were when the UK was a dominant colonial power and all the darkies knew to keep their heads down, do as they were told and be thankful for the privilege of existing?

Last edited:
This is most definitely wrong, I'm not sure where I implied that. Everyone should be able to criticise every religion, Christianity included.
Then why do you get so bent when people in this thread bring up Christianity in comparison to Islam?

Last edited:
Is there any point responding? I would hate to live in that 2024 timeline.

It's no wonder we are seeing this:

• Thread about Islam
  • Guy tells you his view, as a Muslim, of Islam
  • Ignore critiquing that, let's go against the Westerner concerned about Islam and wonder why there's a massive pushback against the Left/Centre-Left happening all over the world.

:cheers:

Last edited:
  • Thread about Islam
  • Guy tells you his view, as a Muslim, of Islam
  • Ignore critiquing that, let's go against the Westerner concerned about Islam and wonder why there's a massive pushback against the Left/Centre-Left happening all over the world.

:cheers:
So now your telling us who we should and shouldn't reply to, would you like to provide us with the required narrative as well?

I don't recall you replying either, well aside from the quote-mined sarcastic dig.

Besides. I can spot a 'drive-by' post a mile off.

Oh, and if you think I'm somehow frightened to reply to such posts, then you have no idea of my posting history here.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back