GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,036 comments
The most interesting part of that to me is Race C being x1/x1, no required pit.

That would normally imply weather to me, but these normally leak the wet tyres when weather is involved. I'm interested to see if this is PD patching that leak, or if it's just a zero strategy race for some reason.

Ive really been enjoying the racing I've gotten the last few weeks. After only getting to do a couple hours of racing sunday night the past two weeks and having great racing, has made me go for a bit everyday after work this week.

Over the course of all that i went from a high/mid B to a low A which has generally had me racing mid to rear of the pack most races. Which is fine cuse I've had some really good and clean competition in each one. Yeah some stuff has also happened that put me at the back, but it honestly felt like honest mistakes and racing incidents. Here is an example of the grids I've been getting, top ten are only .5 apart.....

1929f63832844-screenshotUrl.jpg

I hope to do more racing through the weekend. Say hello if ya see me. And feel free to send friend requests

This was the line up for my first race after moving from DR B to A yesterday. Talk about a getting chucked in the deep end.

IMG_2261.png

Didn’t make a single overtake and tried to hang on to the slipstream of the drivers ahead and stay out of trouble. Thankfully 6 drivers crashed and only one overtook me. Which I didn’t fight at all.

IMG_2262.png

Have done two races since and there was no A+ drivers thank god

It's maybe 600 percent doing well but you loose 600 percent if you don't do well which I think is totally wrong and unfairly because the fact you work so hard to get a DR rating high when no bonuses are there also the miss match of cars you use but if something happens while in a race you are unable to catch up and of course ppl doing bad things like taking you out.
Frustration is strong with this one...what's going on?

Chasing DR can be an aggravating affair. If this is just a vent moment, that's cool, we've all been there...if not daily. In the end, though, you are much better off just kinda letting that part 'happen' while you try to enjoy the ride and maintain your SR rating.

That said, I/we've no idea where you're at on this journey (Dr/Sr rank, how long playing, etc.) so a bit of context could be hugely helpful.😁

Welcome aboard!:cheers:

I don't think any other streamer production values as good as SparksTheory

@GOTMAXPOWER you are the star of this one 🤣

I don't think any other streamer has the energy levels of that man! That was our 3rd race, the first one I braked too late and hit him, the second one I missed the same corner and rage quit from the penalty. He made them into shorts so I could never forget 🤣

Frustration is strong with this one...what's going on?

Chasing DR can be an aggravating affair. If this is just a vent moment, that's cool, we've all been there...if not daily. In the end, though, you are much better off just kinda letting that part 'happen' while you try to enjoy the ride and maintain your SR rating.

That said, I/we've no idea where you're at on this journey (Dr/Sr rank, how long playing, etc.) so a bit of context could be hugely helpful.😁

Welcome aboard!:cheers:
@mellofello9 username checks out

Chasing DR can be an aggravating affair
DR is a necessity and evil. I must admit I got into the chasing aspect. My old account which is mid A, stressed me out that I wasn't that good so hours would be spent on practice for races only to then feel that I wasn't ready so wouldn't race for fear of losing the DR, so I started to race less...

My current VR account I am high B. Now I'm not racing much in sport at the moment as, in VR, I have more fun in a variety of regular cars so I am doing the TTs, the non-sport weekly races and working through all the single-play content. But, I did notice that as I approached DR A on this account, my stress level started to increase again. The feeling that I need to practice more and more to be competitive in a race starts to rear its ugly head....

I liked race A this week (to a point). No stress, regular car, but I only did a few. Weirdly for no stress, it needs DR... I can easily lead from the front and win, which gets boring. With no DR, there is no progression against harder races so the race becomes dull.

I don't know what the solution is, but I do wish for more non Gr.4 and Gr.3 sport races. Give me a one make, tuned race that is DR enabled for a change, or select from a group of cars that you can tune up to a certain pp.. Give me some variety. I must start frequenting the user lobbies and was interested in leagues but the time never works out for those.

Back