Race Selection (Final)

• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 63 comments
Small_Fryz
If thats the case you (alpine) and vexd can sort out 4 and 7 between you two and toffe can take 2?

Hows that?

Seeing how those are the 3 remaining races, a combo like that works for me.
However I am still waiting for the tv to be free so i can test out those races. Then i can give you my final answer tonight.

MR8 if your NTSC veilside has a great lap (1'00.4) of your combo, If your PAL i have an ok lap (1'01.6) let us know if you want one :D.

Wow didn't realize the round i submitted was so difficult lol :). Very difficult to manipulate the throttle on the civic to prevent wheelspin on corner exits.

With about 30 minutes on each round:
R4: 1'40.033
R7: 1'05.599

Since it looks like there's only 3 of us left that haven't chosen a race yet, how do those times compare with yours? (vexd and toffe) And more importantly, which one do you enjoy racing most?

Edit: Round 2 seems to be a real handful too. Definitely dont want to do that :)

Edit 2: If noone objects i think i've made up my mind on racing round 4, the type R @ opera.

Small_Fryz
MR8 if your NTSC veilside has a great lap (1'00.4) of your combo, If your PAL i have an ok lap (1'01.6) let us know if you want one :D.

in true 1'00.272. :sly:

Can surely be a 59, i would make a bet of 59.540. 👍

sorry for not being here these past few days, thanks for choosing the arcade rally one, i would have chosen that anyway, when does the racing start? i'll give this combo a go tonight

It starts now and deadline for you is 12:00PM GMT 22 September 2005

Good luck with your race mate 👍

After spending maybe a hour on race 4 tonight, i really like it! It's definitely the race i want to do unless vexd or toffe can easily blow my time out of the water with a preliminary run.

So far, i'm at 1'39.024.. and i think the winning time could possible eclipse into the 1'36. :scared:

the AI is so frustrating... lol

certain fields of the AI have the 5th place guy going sooooooooooo slow for the first corner
theres nothing i can do but rear end his slow asSS

hahaha! AI sucks! Mine is all over hell! ramming me from behind, coming from off track and punching me in the side, I will hate that Viper by the time I'm done. :grumpy:

God the caterham 7 is so cool to drive! Has anyone done a hotlap at InfineonST with it in testing? The specs are S3's, no aids, 0% hp, -10% weight. So far my best lap is 1'19.925. Still see at least 3-4 tenths in T1 alone, maybe more once I get used to it. I'm not gonna try the race till I get all comfy with hotlaps.

Here's my lap if anyone is interested.

Oh. I just heard a rumor that jump_ace is driving BC for GTTimes. True?

Attachments

• 19.925 s7@infineonst.max
    23.8 KB · Views: 3
yup probly

hes friends with alot of them over there~

i met some of them, when i went to the lan event at Bobkarts

Can anybody tune?, i need some one to give me some alternative settings for my combo!.

Small_Fryz

I'm NTSC, so looks like I'll have to chase veilside's 1'00.2. :ill: Thanks for the offer BTW. 👍

Got about 15-20 laps in earlier and had a best time somewhere between high 1'01 & low 1'02. I'll have a couple weeks to push for sub-1'00s though, if I can control the mad wheelspin coming out of hairpins & esses with those R4 rears that is. :mad:

It seems whe are gonna have a new driver 👍

Mr P is coming in to join us, and he likes the midfield race or the hyandi at alps.

now, i was thinking, Ron could race the RX7 @ midfield (he is great with cars at tis speed and he has won BC races before @ midfield) and vexd can double up with a combo of his choice (maybe with toffe on Round 2?), and who ever is faster gets their time submitted.

What do you guys think?

If vexd chooses to take round 2, he and toffe can work together and refine setups and such.

Ron is giving the Midfield ago and seeing what time he can come up with 👍

Edit
I was also thinking Daan and Famine can run combos of their choice and best time gets submitted. I think this will only strengthen team GTP's position and will also help with drivers as they have times to aim for and can share tips and settings etc.

Though that means 3 drivers will miss out :indiff:, thats why id like you guys opinions, i think its fair to do this, even if it means i dont get to submit because daan, vexd or famine beat my time. as their time is faster than mine and thus GTP will do better.

(Edit)
Ive been talking to Vexd and Ron and vexd is happy to let Ron race midfield, currently ron is at 1'05.2 on it.

OK, what we can do is add Ron to the roster for race 7, have Alpine on race 4, and have a vexd and Toffe team up on race 2 because it will be a tough one. They will both be PAL, so they can send replays back and forth and chase each other's ghosts down. Then whichever of them gets the best time, can submit it.

I'm also bringing in Androoos in as a support driver/test. He can help with tuning and such for anyone having trouble. If any of you have any suggestions on someone we can bring in to help with tuning, let me know and I'll get them access to the team forum.

I'll be back with an update tomorrow after work, but it looks like everyone should have a race now, if there are any problems, let me know ASAP.

fasj wants in also, he wants to help with race 1.

If its ok id love to have him help me, even though his ntsc.

Hey guys,

I'm here as a development driver to try to help you guys figure out anything that needs figuring out. As I explained to CFM, I am getting married in October, which is why I initially denied an offer to race in the BC5. But I will devote as much time as I can to running these races.

My personal preference leans heavily toward race cars, so immediately the A4 at the 'Ring and the 787B races jump out at me as a place to start. I have actually run a number of laps with the A4 touring car on the 'Ring in the past, so it should be like riding a bike for me. Also the BMW touring car at Cote D'Azur should be a good one, as Monaco is one of my all-time favorite tracks, and one of my best. I remember having a lot of fun with the WRS combo at Cote D'Azur and the S2000 race car.

So, good luck to all of you. Please feel free to PM me with any questions and especially if there is something specific that you'd like me to try out.

Anyone help me with the colour of the wing on my Clio then?

Toffe? Any preference?

:irked:

Ron mate your round has swaped with mine, that means your 1st up!

With Ron running round one now, we're sure to have the lead in the competition after the first day! Right Ron old boy?:D

Well I am not as confident but I reckon I can get a possible podium if I push all week .... ran for 2 hours earlier and no better than 1.05.015 so far :indiff: I hope to get about 1.04.8 but its tough to crack into the 1.04's so far ..... God only knows what the french guys will run on this? Manu and co are pretty damn fast on midfield

must get into 1.04's soon :scared: I may have to run it on the DFP :(

Thanks for pressure of being 1st round to all dem captains :dopey: ye bastards!!

MR8
I'm NTSC, so looks like I'll have to chase veilside's 1'00.2. :ill: Thanks for the offer BTW. 👍

Got about 15-20 laps in earlier and had a best time somewhere between high 1'01 & low 1'02. I'll have a couple weeks to push for sub-1'00s though, if I can control the mad wheelspin coming out of hairpins & esses with those R4 rears that is. :mad:

Here´s my lap, maybe this could help you. :)

Altough a 59 is totally possible, since i´ve just played 30 mins on that.

Attachments

• GT4 - VeilSidebr - BC5 787b at SSR5.max
    22.7 KB · Views: 6
Androoos
Hey guys,

I'm here as a development driver to try to help you guys figure out anything that needs figuring out. As I explained to CFM, I am getting married in October, which is why I initially denied an offer to race in the BC5. But I will devote as much time as I can to running these races.

My personal preference leans heavily toward race cars, so immediately the A4 at the 'Ring and the 787B races jump out at me as a place to start. I have actually run a number of laps with the A4 touring car on the 'Ring in the past, so it should be like riding a bike for me. Also the BMW touring car at Cote D'Azur should be a good one, as Monaco is one of my all-time favorite tracks, and one of my best. I remember having a lot of fun with the WRS combo at Cote D'Azur and the S2000 race car.

So, good luck to all of you. Please feel free to PM me with any questions and especially if there is something specific that you'd like me to try out.

Thanx for the help anyway in helping me at nurburgring. 👍

Just read the revised rules post regarding track definition for race 8. Inside the lines. Got it. 👍 That's the way it should be anyway IMO. AI is no big deal. Found the inside line around him at turn 4 tonight. Works every time. So now it's a 2 lap hotlap. :)

Thanks for clearing it up captain! :cool:

Thanks to the rules of my combo, my lap is now illegal, 1'02.8 down the drain.

Oh well, back to the drawing board 👍

You think you've got problems?

Try driving a forklift truck with front as well as rear wheel steering round an octagon.

Thats what im trying to do.

And i havent even begun to try driving "fast".

Has everyone's rules changed?

Where do i look chips?

Hm well, look in race 1.4.1 thread in the BC5 section and you see that some areas that WRS allowed at autumn ring arnt allowed in BC.

Is there any boundry rules on the Midfield hotlap? or is it just the usual 2 wheels on track at all times .... I'm wondering about the pavements beyond the road markings in both tunnels ? Thanks in advance 👍

Back