Racers Reunited. Supercar Handicap Championship, JAMMY IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 414 comments
This is a must buy.

It's nice to know that it can be so good to impress that much with such a limited tryout BB. You've got me revved up!

Actually if it is the T300 (and I think it is) that's what Zo uses. I think he upgraded his pedals to those in your photo as well.

It definitely looks the same as the wheel/ pedal setup I have Paul, and I can say that I find them to be superb. Having read a few reviews, I had some concerns about the noise of the wheel fan and the feel of the rubber wheel rim before I got them, but I don't find either to be an issue at all in practice. Overall, they are much better than my old G25, and million miles ahead of the two G29s I bought and returned before settling on the T300.

Beat Patrick Dempseys 44.6 apparently!

Isn't he a boxer?

Cheers, Zo. (By the way, I'm still quite confident that we won't be seeing the release of GTS before 2018.)

Isn't he a boxer?
It's not a bad time then, it must have been awkward holding the wheel with those gloves on.

and million miles ahead of the two G29s I bought and returned
Ahem, I bought a G29! :dopey:
Mind you I can't say what it's really like since it's still in the box. My G27 is still going strong, when I get a chance to use it.

GTS - my guess, since it's now in beta, around about 6 months time. If it's much longer than that they might as well wait for the PS5.

Ahem, I bought a G29! :dopey:
Mind you I can't say what it's really like since it's still in the box. My G27 is still going strong, when I get a chance to use it.

Ooops :embarrassed:

I bought mine because of the fact that I loved my G25 so much. It had given me years and tens of thousands of miles of faultless service, but I felt that I needed something that was PS4 compatible. However, the first G29 stopped changing up gear after a few minutes of use, and the second one made a horrible grinding noise while it calibrated itself. When the third one arrived and its packaging had obviously been opened and re-sealed I didn't even bother opening it. That's why I decided on the T300.

I really hope that those were not typical of the breed, and that yours is as good as our previous Logitech wheels have been :)

Cheers, Zo.

@jammy21 I did run the Boss once before, at Grand Valley. It was unpleasant, even without being involved in a race-crippling first lap incident. Granted, it will likely do better on tracks not so speed-dependent (like Autumn Ring).

But, unfortunately I may not be able to race at all, due to a meeting that has come up close to the event time. I'll see what I can do, and it may get cancelled. In any case, have a fun chaps.

Last edited:
But, unfortunately I may not be able to race at all, due to a meeting that has come up close to the event time. I'll see what I can do, and it may get cancelled. In any case, have a fun chaps.

It's a huge pity that you weren't able to compete throughout Longbow, it would have made things very interesting indeed at the top. I hope you can make it, but if not, that you'll join us for the finale at Sierra. It's a belting track once it has been learned, and anything could happen there, with full damage in play :nervous:

Are we allowed to add Improve Body Rigidity?

Since the game allows it, then I don't see why not Harsk. Mind you, it doesn't always make a car quicker in my experience.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Well that was a bit better.

Tom_Ascar was brilliant. He was fastest and used the pit stop undercut really well. It's easier to chase but then incredibly difficult to pass clean unless someone makes a really bad mistake.

Harsk- I couldn't get rid of you in that green corvette. If you'd been in the Ferrari you would have lapped me easily as would have everyone else!

I was hoping you would hold up tom and yourself but once tom got past I knew tom would get me. And Harsk I really thought you'd pass me later on.

Great to see everyone had a close hard fought race.

Surprised myself I held the lead until the pit stop and somehow kept Harsk behind me!!

I did have claw hand by the end of the race. DS3 user!!

:cheers:

Tom_Ascar was brilliant. He was fastest and used the pit stop undercut really well. It's easier to chase but then incredibly difficult to pass clean unless someone makes a really bad mistake.

Harsk- I couldn't get rid of you in that green corvette. If you'd been in the Ferrari you would have lapped me easily as would have everyone else!

I was hoping you would hold up tom and yourself but once tom got past I knew tom would get me. And Harsk I really thought you'd pass me later on.

Great to see everyone had a close hard fought race.

Surprised myself I held the lead until the pit stop and somehow kept Harsk behind me!!

I did have claw hand by the end of the race. DS3 user!!

Absolutely, despite of me not being able to overtake you (as a result of you defending from my overtakes all the time), it was a good race.

If I really could race the Ferrari (which I couldn't in this case), I probably would have won.

Anyways, now the title is now to be attributed at Sierra...

I could have done better, but if I would win this race, Jammy and Zolon would have still be on fight for the title anyway, so, I guess that I have to prepare my Mustang...

Don't worry Harsk, it's not like that. Read on...

@mgo Well done fella. Brilliant drive. It's such a pity it could be your last in the championship :grumpy:

I'll say! In the week I was watching an old replay where you were right on the pace, and I was really mystified why you're struggling with these motors. And then up you pop! You've pushed the 365 out of reach for Sierra though, but the Stingray is there. What a motor that is...

Okay fellas, it's not quite Hill/Schumacher or Lauda/Hunt, but it is going down to the wire at Sierra, after around twelve hours of racing, in various motors, with damage full on. Woohoo.

I've put the corrected scores in brackets in the standings, with the dropped score taken into account. There are three points between our new Championship leader, Harsk, and Jammy, who is in second. I'm one point further back. If there is a tie, then the racer who has had the strongest handicap takes the decision.

Since Longbow couldn't make it to Autumn Ring, he remains in the Boss; Harsk and Jammy will, I suspect, both be in the Corvette, although Jammy qualifies for the DB9. Will it's extra grunt make it preferable to the joker of the pack at the very high speed Sierra? I'm not sure (but I guess it won't to be honest, I'm just trying to inject drama).

I guess that I'll be rolling out the 8C again. It's slippery body makes it just a tiny, tiny bit faster at the top end than the Corvette, I think. And, well, I love it anyway.

It's not just the Championship lead that is tight... BB, Jocke and Rich are stacked close together, with BB suffering from my questionable handicapping policy for the final race. Can he overcome that and hold Jocke/Rich off against the odds? Can Rich close the five points to Jocke? Will Tom be able to make it, and continue his battle with Suts, in their top-end motors; they are just three points apart.

It's all so very exciting, I'm nearly weeing myself :dopey:. One thing is for sure, Sierra is one hell of a track; it really does feel like going for a blast through the Spanish (sorry Harsk ;)) countryside. I can't wait.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Wow that was a great race! Another one that did not feel like an hour.

Got up to 3rd somehow on lap 1, managed to hold off Tom for a couple of laps then he breezed by.

Had an amazing tussle with jocke for the remainder of the first stint. He was playing with me really, but it was great all the same.

Spent the second stint trying to keep up with zolon, I'd get within a few car lengths, then he'd be away again for another few laps.

Jammy was closing in big time lap after lap having pitted again to fix damage. Finished with him on my bumper after a nervous last few laps.

That was a really good race. I'm in sunny Spain for real next week lads, so enjoy yourselves and watch those armco barriers at Sierra!

Just realised I haven't said what a pleasure it was to meet you and your lovely wife the other week zo. Hope we didn't bore her too much with game chat.

Good to put a face to the voice.

@mgo Well done fella. Brilliant drive. It's such a pity it could be your last in the championship :grumpy:

I'll do every thinks to make it but I'm afraid I'll fail sleep I'm in morning shift that day so wake up early

Wow that was a great race! Another one that did not feel like an hour.

Yes it was and you did old me well

After that I had to get back on @Harsk100 and @Sutsagrd then manage to pass them. At one point I figure out I should not fight more it was slowing me down so I pit and run fast as I can to pass the guys when they pit. Thought I have to stay front but @Sutsagrd wasn't ready to give up that easy. I had to work my ass of to stay first nice done 👍 suts.

That was a really good race. I'm in sunny Spain for real next week lads, so enjoy yourselves and watch those armco barriers at Sierra!

Gutted BB! But I imagine that those rays will make up for missing the race. It was great to meet you too fella, and I think the Mrs really enjoyed it too 👍

By the way, when you're in Spain you'll find that the air feels a bit different. This is because it's not raining. Not raining is a climatic condition that occurs quite frequently outside Scotland, Wales, Manchester etc. I think you'll love it.

I'm planing to race at Sierra

Welcome back John. I imagine that you could walk away with a win if you fancied, given how quick you are and your handicap giving you access to the top motors. However, you could always decide to make a race of it and go for something from further down the list :mischievous:

mgo
I'll do every thinks to make it but I'm afraid I'll fail sleep I'm in morning shift that day so wake up early

It will be good to see you if you can make it Tom. Happy snoring if you can't :)

I´d like to join the ultimate race at Sierra if there is a space for me.

Which car and what color?
I´d choose the BMW M4 and No. 11 brown matte if possible.

Hi Andreas. Those without a handicap are limited to the V12 Vantage, or any car below that in the list. A bit like John, I know you're quick, and would probably get a closer race if you choose the 8C, DB9, or 04 Corvette. With the Vantage I recon you'll be off in the distance, but it really is your decision. I've tried the 8C and DB9. The Aston is very slightly slower, but sooo much easier to drive; and it is really easy to pick up damage at Sierra, ridiculously easy, really ridiculously easy. I can't wait!

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
I saw the standings and I found out that I still can use the Corvette. :sly:

By the way, how many laps are for Sierra Track?

By the way, how many laps are for Sierra Track?

Thanks for the prompt Harsk, I'd forgotten about that. Seven. The laps will be about ten minutes long, with the fastest chaps/cars probably knocking a few seconds off that. So, we are left with the final possibly being under one hour long, if we go for six laps. So, it's seven, with the slight possibility of running past 75 minutes. C'est la vie, as they say in Newcastle.

Cheers, Zo.

Thanks for the prompt Harsk, I'd forgotten about that. Seven. The laps will be about ten minutes long, with the fastest chaps/cars probably knocking a few seconds off that. So, we are left with the final possibly being under one hour long, if we go for six laps. So, it's seven, with the slight possibility of running past 75 minutes. C'est la vie, as they say in Newcastle.

Cheers, Zo.
Well, I'm not very good at Sierra, but I will get some practice at this weekend, since I have nothing planned.

I just can't wait to race for the title, since this could be my second title of the year after I had gotten "back to back titles" for very first time in my career on Shelby v Chevy Season 2. :D

Regarding about the length, I thought that the race was set to be 75 minutes and not 60 minutes. :indiff:

By the way, when you're in Spain you'll find that the air feels a bit different. This is because it's not raining.
The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain racetrack?

Are you still going for a 10 minute qualifying time as well Zo?

I'm going to try my damnedest to make it to (at least some of) the final race. Even if it is just to potter around and look at the scenery.
Because I liked Aqua Marina I'll probably use the Stingray. You have to be of a certain age (and nationality) to get that.

Zo. For the final race you need to fix the weather by setting the weather and surface water and then putting weather changabiity to 0. Then the surface water and weather will stay the same throughout entire race.

Well, I'm not very good at Sierra, but I will get some practice at this weekend, since I have nothing planned.

I already started to practice and chose the car that feat my hand :scared:
Tomorrow 08:30 GTM to 10:30 I'll be in lobby for practice all welcome :cheers:

Hi Andreas. Those without a handicap are limited to the V12 Vantage, or any car below that in the list. A bit like John, I know you're quick, and would probably get a closer race if you choose the 8C, DB9, or 04 Corvette. With the Vantage I recon you'll be off in the distance, but it really is your decision. I've tried the 8C and DB9. The Aston is very slightly slower, but sooo much easier to drive; and it is really easy to pick up damage at Sierra, ridiculously easy, really ridiculously easy. I can't wait!

Cheers, Zo.

I´ll take the DB9 then, No. 11 and merlot red (if I drink wine it could be a merlot)

Cheers

El Scorchio all week!

You get that factor twelve thousand on Colin!

Are you still going for a 10 minute qualifying time as well Zo?

What would I do without my admin support? You're right Paul, I've set it at eleven minutes, but I think I'll put another minute on that, just to make sure that everyone gets a full lap in. Twelve then.

Aqua Marina

I still fantasise about her...

Zo. For the final race you need to fix the weather by setting the weather and surface water and then putting weather changabiity to 0. Then the surface water and weather will stay the same throughout entire race.

There'll be no problem with weather Suts. The track dries out like it's on fire, and I've not seen a drop of rain yet, despite running enough laps to pick up damage about twenty times, literally.

mgo
Tomorrow 08:30 GTM to 10:30 I'll be in lobby for practice all welcome :cheers:

I'd love to join you Tom, but I have mucho dog walking duties this morning :grumpy:
I´ll take the DB9 then

Hoki koki. You don't have to stick with that choice Andreas. If you fancy something else after a bit of practice, just bring it along 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Back