Rate the vehicle above you (READ THE OP)

• Thread starter Sage Ages
  • 17,289 comments
1/10, Donk car.

2013 Mazda Mazda2
2013-mazda-22013-mazda2-front-left-side-photo--362601---motor-trend-wot-laondc6w.jpg

8/10 for the Mazda 2 & 7.5/10 for the Impala SS.
The Mazda 2 is a great little hatchback and the Impala SS was the last Chevrolet RWD Performance Sedan until now.
--------------

Mercury Marauder
Mercury-Marauder_2003_1600x1200_wallpaper_04.jpg

6/10 based on looks alone. 7/10 Because it's a Crown Vic

1980 Chevy Monza 5.7L

chevrolet-monza-12.jpg

Looks cool, but the configuration pictured screams "high school girl's graduation gift."
5/10

2001 Mazda Protege MP3
mazda_mp3_x_01.jpg

CTS-V Coupe.. looks good, but 1910kg/4214lbs? no thanks.. 4/10

R8 concept: Typical modest facelift in understated German manner.. 7/10

Peugeot 907 concept

Peugeot-907-013.jpg

7.5/10; I want one of those.

---------
Saleen S121 Focus

I have an unhealthy love for Ford hatchbacks.
Saleen-Ford_Focus_S121_N2O_2005_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Last edited:
11/10 I love cars being used for unorthodox purposes. Also it's an AE86 Rally Car :drool:

attachment.php

^8/10

Anyway, the Saleen Focus is legal on the street, I've seen them on the road before and for sale. It also wasn't that bad as a hatchback; it made 150hp and had upgrades in the handling over the normal focus.
-------

Ford_Focus_RS_front.jpg

Last edited:
3/10, all points are for performance because the car is indeed very fast. But there's nothing more uncool than an automotive titan spending more money on engine research alone than Lamborghini or Ferrari make in an entire year, then calling their product a "giant killer".... Unfair play.

Dax Rush
car2004.jpg

5/10 I prefer a Caterham. Given how cheap the Vette is, I can still consider it a giant killer.

01-nissan-deltawing.jpg

Yeah, to rate a ZR1 3/10 is totally biased and short sighted no matter how you phrase it. That car is a beast and whatever reasons someone might have for disliking it still aren't enough to put it down into the range of car far less awesome. I mean really, the R&D budget is a reason to take a $120k 200mph limited production Vette down to a level most people wouldn't even throw at a sub 200hp FWD econo-box? :lol:
If there was a dislike button I would have used it on the post for the ZR1 rating. :rolleyes:

As for that Abarth 207, what year is that from?
Nice little roadster though. Since I don't know the history I'll leave the rating to someone else. 👍

The Abarth is a 1955 IIRC. I defninetly see where you're coming from Kent, but it was a bit of a sarcastic rating, I definitely hold the Vette higher than many cars. If we're comparing apples to apples then yes I could realistically give the vette a higher rating, say 6/10 you're correct. But if we're comparing the Vette to a fwd econo-box, I'd give it a 10/10. I apologize, I guess in my mind I wasn't even factoring fwd econoboxes into the comparison, I was holding the Vette to a somewhat higher base rating. However, as long as we're debating, I could say the very same points about your rating for the Mustang. Limited production, intensely awesome, sings like a bird on the race track. I feel it deserves a better rating than 2/10. Yes it isn't street legal, but it serves it's purpose beautifully, just like the Vette.

Last edited:
The Falcon is dead. Ford Australia kept making a car that was basically a dinosaur compared to the hatchbacks like the Mazda 3 and the Toyota Corolla bought instead. It is a very good car and because it's a large car people autmatically thought it would have a large thirst. It's alright, it's not the best but its not impossible to run but the market moved elsewhere. As for why they didn't export it I don't understand. They exported a few in '71 or '72 to South Africa but that was it as far as I know. The car has been around for 50 years and for majority of that time its been a successful car so I'm surprised they didn't. Bearing in mind that Holden have exported their Commodore to America and Asia in the '90's.

The real reason why the Falcon is dead today is because the Ford Australia bosses are dinosaurs and didn't move with the times and that has killed undoubtabley an Aussie icon. Bye Falcon, i'll miss you greatly.

Anyways. I have loved every model of Corvette, 7.5/10.

Last edited:
Back