Rate the vehicle above you (READ THE OP)

• Thread starter Sage Ages
  • 17,289 comments
9/10

Early El Camino's are the best. It's the same for Chevy every time though, always playing catchup with Ford who released this about 2 years earlier:

1957-Ford-Ranchero-front-right-side-view.jpg

Ranchero? Still cool. I just don't know my old American cars very well. At least anything that isn't a muscle/pony car.
Yup, tis a Ranchero. Actually, the Ranchero was the first car of it's kind. The El Camino was Chevy's response much in the same way the Camaro came out after the Mustang. I actually almost bought a 1976 Ranchero, which is what I posted.

Yup, tis a Ranchero. Actually, the Ranchero was the first car of it's kind. The El Camino was Chevy's response much in the same way the Camaro came out after the Mustang. I actually almost bought a 1976 Ranchero, which is what I posted.
My grandpa was a big El Camino fan. Over the years, he ended up owning at least one from each generation.
If it weren't for someone sniping me, I would've bought a beautiful '76 one that was on sale on my street, to carry on his legacy. I might still, one day. The El Camino is one of the few American cars I can actually say I like, and the only thing with a bed that I'd ever be willing to drive.

My grandpa was a big El Camino fan. Over the years, he ended up owning at least one from each generation.
If it weren't for someone sniping me, I would've bought a beautiful '76 one that was on sale on my street, to carry on his legacy. I might still, one day. The El Camino is one of the few American cars I can actually say I like, and the only thing with a bed that I'd ever be willing to drive.
My great uncle who recently passed had a '72 with a built 350 in it that I could have had but they ended up selling it to a guy who wanted it for years. They could have gotten a lot more out of it but they sold it for way too cheap.

Wanted his SS 396 Chevelle too.

6/10 Not a big Valiant fan. IMO it was just a Plymouth people hauler with little collector appeal. All in all a good car, and a bit of a sleeper just really boring.

Sunbeam Tiger (302ci V8)
sunbeam-tiger-05.jpg

^^^Those use 260 and 289 Windsor V8's, not 302's (though they are the same engine with differents crankshafts.) Also paired with a 4 speed manual supplied by Ford.

That said, 10/10 because that would be one hell of a fun Sunday car.

1979 Dodge Aspen R/T 360ci V8

Aspen-rt-01F.jpg

^^^Those use 260 and 289 Windsor V8's, not 302's (though they are the same engine with differents crankshafts.) Also paired with a 4 speed manual supplied by Ford.

That said, 10/10 because that would be one hell of a fun Sunday car.
Yes that's true, but that's no ordinary Tiger ;). That's the Shelby & Rootes L.A.T. 1 Tiger. The Shelby hood scoop is the giveaway. Shelby and Rootes sold tuning kits for the Tiger, a part of which was a 302 crank, among other goodies. Ironically the Shelby kits turned Tigers into Cobra killers.

XS
Yes that's true, but that's no ordinary Tiger ;). That's the Shelby & Rootes L.A.T. 1 Tiger. The Shelby hood scoop is the giveaway. Shelby and Rootes sold tuning kits for the Tiger, a part of which was a 302 crank, among other goodies. Ironically the Shelby kits turned Tigers into Cobra killers.
Interesting.

8/10- Looks great and is coming to Britain in right-hand drive next year.

Morgan 3-Wheeler
morgan-3-wheeler-14%202.jpg

7/10 Ugly yet menacing Lamborghini brute reliving the tractor days. Brings out the Tonka kid back in you.

1976 Mazda Cosmo
6130323969_fc614b5c3d_b.jpg

6/10 - Mostly for being a 180SX, don't care much for the bodykit.

Now, the car famous for being your forced first car in GT6.
2010_Honda_Fit_RS.jpg

Last edited:
4/10

The fastback body style is cool, but the car overall is UGLY. Chang ether rims and color and I've probably be able to drive it though.
79-ta-455-1.jpg

8.75/10- I have two small issues with this car. First, these are my second-third favorite Firebird, 77-78's being first. Second is that if it's a T/A, no markings. Maybe gaudy, but I am a fan of all the excess.

I'm not sure if this one's been done, soooooo....

1994_mercury_cougar_2_dr_xr7_coupe-pic-4992631988335344675.jpeg

Not a great car, but I remember the three my mom drove quite fondly. I want one still.

Back