RCKakashi14's GT7 Fanfiction: Iniziare Act 19 - Alto Livello

Act 10 - Jacques and Alfonso (Part II)

Music: Initial D 4th Stage Sound Files - Unrest

Grand Valley - Highway 1_.jpeg

Giacomo's plan is executed as planned. Even De Luca got surprised the plan went well.

He then reminisces the exchange they had yesterday.

Giacomo: "Mr. De Luca, I plan to help Alphonse get points. Both of us are in 4th, and I know how we can rank up."

De Luca: "Okay... I will hear you out. But why do you intend to help him?"

Grand Valley - Highway 1__1.jpeg

Giacomo: "I want to make sure that Alphonse fulfills his promise. He and I must clash in the highest levels of motorsport. But don't worry, I also came up with a plan to WIN this round."

De Luca: "Hmmmm... okay. So how are you going to do it?"

Grand Valley - Highway 1__2.jpeg

Giacomo: "I will let Alphonse take the lead. I can use his speed. He is very good at getting away. I'll catch him. I have to distract Magnussen so that he can slow down enough for both of us to get away."

De Luca: "So both of you will be on a tow? Huh... reminds me of a certain strategy performed by two drivers in Singapore Grand Prix."

Giacomo: "It does look like that. But at the same time, I'm conserving tires and fuel."

De Luca: "The fuel is nothing to worry about, thanks to California's strict clean air act policies. The races here are shorter than the rest of the country."

Giacomo: "I'll pit in on the second half of the race, change to Softs. Make the charge, then... challenge Alphonse. He will then be behind me, and will try to do the same - to catch me as well."

De Luca: "So that both of you are far enough... but with Alphonse's tires wearing out. Clever."

Giacomo: "Distracting Magnussen will be the crucial part, for my plan to succeed. Rivals do not need to be hostile. True rivals uplift each other, pushing each other to the limits. And that's how I will help Alphonse."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__3.jpeg

De Luca: "I admire your personality. You think about others first before yourself. Racers nowadays only care about climbing up the ladder but they completely left their humility way down there. Okay. I will come up with a strategy."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__4.jpeg

Back in the action, Giacomo smirks knowing his plan pulled off. But of course, things can change in an instant. For one, Alphonse's pace has gotten stronger.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__5.jpeg

"I do intend to make Alfonso go faster, so that he can wear his tires out. But I also have to make sure he finishes 2nd."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__6.jpeg

"Hey, hey... let up, will ya? I'll treat you to a Provençal cuisine once the championship is over."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__7.jpeg

Music: Plasticines - Comment Faire

Alphonse is not aware of Giacomo's plan, so he just races as he should.

"I do not know what you did, Jacques, but thank you for me bringing me to the lead. I'll make sure you won't regret it." Alphonse thought.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__8.jpeg

"And by that, I mean I will go all out... that's how I appreciate rivals."
Alphonse added.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__9.jpeg

Giacomo doesn't seem to mind at all.

"Heh... as long as both of us are pushing each other to our limits, that's what matters the most. You inspired me during the World Touring Car Championship. And I am grateful for such privilege."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__10.jpeg

"So yes, keep on pushing! And so do I."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__11.jpeg

"Mr. De Luca, what's the gap between me and 3rd?" Giacomo asked.

"I'm checking... so... you are now 7 seconds away from Magnussen." De Luca replied.

"Perfect. Thank you." Giacomo responded.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__12.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__13.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__14.jpeg

The tow makes for a happy crowd. They cheer on for both.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__15.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__16.jpeg

"Thanks to you, Alfonso... I found my new motivation. You woke me up."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__17.jpeg

Now that it's halfway of the race, Giacomo now moves on to the next phase.

"Okay Giac, time to box." De Luca said.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__18.jpeg

Giacomo enters the pits as planned, which bewilders Alphonse.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__19.jpeg

"He boxed in?" Alphonse asked himself.

Since refueling is out of the question, the tire crew rapidly switches the tires thanks to center lock wheels.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__20.jpeg

He exits the pits on 9th place. With softer tire compounds, he has the grip advantage.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__21.jpeg

Giacomo quickly gains ground.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__22.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__23.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1__24.jpeg

"The others are struggling for grip now. Good."

He rejoins Alphonse, and it's once again time to play.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__25.jpeg

"Ciao, Alfonso!" Giacomo exclaimed on a happy note.

"Okay, enough friendly banter. Let's focus." De Luca said.

Music: Tekken 8 - Celebration on The Seine (Final Round)

Grand Valley - Highway 1__26.jpeg

De Luca notices Magnussen's sudden increase in speed.

"Giac, Magnussen is closing in." De Luca said.

"No problem." Giacomo replied.

And to take care of the problem, Giacomo once again slams on the anchors upon seeing Magnussen coming up from behind.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__27.jpeg

"Only I am allowed to defeat Alfonso. Permission denied."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__28.jpeg

This grants breathing room for Alphonse.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__29.jpeg

But with a fresh set of Soft tires, Giacomo resumes his charge.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__30.jpeg

"I'll go for a record run on this one." Giacomo said.

"Okay, go ahead." De Luca replied.

End of Act 10

Act 11 - Push For Points

It's the tail end of Round 3. Giacomo's plan seems to be perfectly executed.

Grand Valley - Highway 1_.jpeg

"The soft compounds truly helped me here. Though I mustn't go all out... yet."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__1.jpeg

"But I have to set the fastest lap too. Argh! I have to balance it out."

De Luca then instructs on the radio.

"I know you're aiming for the fastest lap, but remember, you are on Softs." De Luca said.

"Got it. I'll probably hold on for now, but we only have a few laps left." Giacomo replied.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__2.jpeg

Giacomo has to act. Chances of getting the lead are getting slim, as Alphonse is on full attack mode.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__3.jpeg

But the trailing opponents are starting to gain ground as well.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__4.jpeg

"Alfonso is now at his one hundred percent."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__5.jpeg

Music: Mega NRG Man - Legs on Fire

Alphonse now feels tension once more.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__12.jpeg

"It's WTCC once again. He's fired up." Alphonse thought.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__13.jpeg

Magnussen is lured in as well.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__14.jpeg

It's as if the two are in their own world...

Grand Valley - Highway 1__15.jpeg

Gaining on each other, paddle shifters being constantly abused... accelerator and brake pedals getting constant beatings.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__16.jpeg

"I don't mind if we run like this forever. Ha! You're the only worthy opponent I have!" Giacomo thought, with adrenaline pouring in nonstop.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__17.jpeg

"K-Mag is joining you." De Luca said.

Giacomo looks at the rear view mirror, seeing the white HAAS livery F8 inching towards the pair.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__18.jpeg

"Oh no he won't. He's not invited to my party." Giacomo replied.

Giacomo teases Magnussen by applying the brakes once more, then accelerate away at the tricky section.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__19.jpeg

"Sorry, K-Mag... you can't ruin this moment." Giacomo thought.

And to gain ground, Giacomo now puts the pedal to the medal, intending to use all the grip the Soft compounds have to offer.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__20.jpeg

And joins the tow once more... for the final push.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__21.jpeg

After exiting the hairpin, Giacomo's F8 lines up beside Alphonse's. The Italian racer would then look to his right, looking at his French rival. Alphonse would look to his left, and reciprocates.

He shows a thumbs up, then floors the throttle after that brief gesture.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__22.jpeg

"Final lap. Sorry, our playtime is over. I'm gunning for the record run."

Grand Valley - Highway 1__23.jpeg

Alphonse can do nothing but watch Giacomo fleeting away. His tires are about to give in.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__24.jpeg

"He's much faster. I bet he's using the full extent of his tires. Is he on Softs?" Alphonse wondered.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__25.jpeg

Giacomo takes the same racing line he used in yesterday's qualifying.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__26.jpeg

But with Soft tires, he can carry better cornering speeds for sure.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__27.jpeg

Giacomo would end the race with the fastest lap - at 1 minute, and 43 seconds.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__28.jpeg

"Grande! Excellent performance, Giac! We pulled this off!" De Luca said.

"Yeah. Grazie ragazzi." Giacomo replied.

Grand Valley - Highway 1__29.jpeg

Alphonse finishes 2nd, and he's jovial as well, having racked up huge points after that disappointing 2nd round.

"Merci beaucoup, Giacomo Marelli." Alphonse thought, having realized how his rival pushed him to this result.

Current Standings:

Magnussen (HAAS Ferrari) - 41

Marelli (Ferrari) - 41

Blanchard (BWT) - 39

Guidicelli (Ferrari) - 38

Vasquez (Red Bull Racing) - 34

Hamilton (Scuderia Ferrari) - 21

Tan (Privateer - GRAB) - 20

Garett (Privateer) - 20

Pianizzi (MAHLE Racing) - 18

Tsukamoto (Privateer - Racing Service Dino) - 18

Minagawa (Privateer - CORNES) - 15

Carillo (Sbinalla Tire) - 4

End of Act 11

Last edited:
Act 12 - Pride Goeth Before Destruction

Time:
12 pm, two days later

The 4th round shall take place back in Europe, specifically at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium. Giacomo takes this opportunity now that he's back in the continent.

He arranges a meeting with none other than Enzo Pianizzi in Emilia Romagna, Italy. Will it be a mere lunch meeting?

Via Emilia_.jpeg

Once he arrives, he sees Enzo sitting at one of the tables outside a local favorite restaurant. He can't bear the tourist crowd inside, so he chose to settle in Al Fresco style.

Giacomo joins Enzo, placing down the leather attache case on the table.

"Wow... will this be a long meeting?" Enzo asked.

"I'd prefer talking in the car, but since you still haven't finished your pasta, I'll wait." Giacomo replied.

"I have another order waiting, and it's actually for sharing. Fancy a truffle aglio olio?" Enzo asked.

"I'll get half, if you don't mind. I love a good aglio olio." Giacomo said with a smirk.

"Hey... no joke... don't be too hostile. You can let your guard down. I'm different." Enzo said.

"I just deal with people differently, that's all." Giacomo replied.

"I can even take you to my mother if you want. She'll tell you everything. She even wants to see you. Have a recorder ready." Enzo said.

Giacomo smirks once more.

"Are you sure you want to sell your father out? Let's be real." Giacomo asked.

"After what he did to my mother... and to your father, I feel that I can't just let this sit by. Plus, I don't want to earn something from dirty means. Everything I have right now, came from money that isn't ours. So yes, I will sell him out if it means setting everything right for everyone's peace, including yours. I want to close this dark chapter of our lives. No... LET'S close that." Enzo replied.

"Bold reply. But that doesn't mean we're friends." Giacomo said.

"We don't have to be. We just have to work together, that is all." Enzo said.

"Hmph.. As we speak, Unicorn Media is collating all the evidence gathered against your father. A podcast will be out soon. And I'm pretty sure, that he'll run away." Giacomo said.

"Then I will stop him, no matter what." Enzo replied.

The waiter arrives with a family size truffle aglio olio and places it down on the table. Giacomo gets the utensils, and helps himself with the pasta.

After consuming some, he smirks.

"I'm hungry. And you know what I mean." Giacomo said.

After that brief lunch, the two men head back inside Giacomo's Giulia. Giacomo opens up the attache case, releasing all the papers for Enzo to see.

"There. Screenshot conversations on how he set up my father... and Formaggio di Pianizzi's financial reports showing how much your father siphoned from your own family company. Unicorn Media has copies of these as well. A well-known Japanese racer even took his own life out of guilt for associating himself with him, hence those group chat screenshots." Giacomo explained.

Enzo shakes his head in disbelief.

"This is too much. But... these are all I need. It's hard to take in, but thanks." Enzo replied, then proceeds to return the papers in the case.

Giacomo starts up the car, and departs.

"Okay, let us visit my mother. You deserve to know why my father did those." Enzo said.

He then opens up the Giulia's navigation system on the screen, then inputs the address where his mother lives. Directions are then plotted out.

"I know apologies aren't enough, but let's hope that we finally put this behind us." Enzo added.

Via dei Neri_.jpeg

After almost an hour of traveling, they arrived at a home in the outskirts of Emilia Romagna.

He parks at an alleyway wide enough for a car and pedestrians. Then the men head out, and Enzo rings the doorbell at an apartment unit adjacent to the car.

Dorsoduro_.jpeg

The door opens, revealing a middle-aged lady with a moderate height, slightly shorter than Enzo. It's his mother, named Glorietta.

She strokes her maple colored hair. And then she hugs her son.

"Enzo!" she greets.

"Mamà. Oh... Uh... Benito's son is here. Here's Giacomo Marelli." Enzo replied.

The woman crosses her arms, takes a look at Giacomo. She smirks.

"So you are Benito's son. Oh you don't look anywhere near my children. Come in." Glorietta remarked.

The three settle in. The interior is simple, but well-kept. There are photos of some Italian celebrities on the wall, and of course some advertisements of Pianizzi's conglomerate.

"I finally got to see Benito's son in the flesh. And finally...

...teach my husband a lesson." Glorietta said.

The three sit down in the living room, with Enzo taking the attache case, presenting its contents to his mother.

"No need to present me with all of those. The man reeks the stench of defeat, desperation, and depression. You can smell it even a million kilometers away. That's how guilty he is." Glorietta said.

"Unicorn Media is doing an exposé about Papà." Enzo said.

"You are living here all by yourself, madam?" Giacomo asked.

"Ever since your father got disgraced a decade ago, yes." Glorietta replied.

"But we all know, you left Papà because you can't stand him." Enzo said.

"I can't stand him thinking nothing but himself. To think he left both of you to the care of some random stranger in a supermarket while I'm getting medicine from a pharmacy when you were kids. For what? Because his eyes were wandering? He can't even bother to zip up his pants." Glorietta said.

"If uncle Francisco makes a move, and won the case... Papà will be in prison." Enzo said.

"Then I don't mind. Our family is broken the moment your father set your eyes into the family company he clearly didn't deserve. He was too focused on fighting for the throne. The paid actress was just the icing on the cake. But I must apologize to Giacomo, for getting involved into this. Send my regards to your father. I'm even jealous your mother chose to stick with him." Glorietta said.

"Because she knows the truth, and it only made her bond with my father stronger. She stands by him until this day. We are fighting to exonerate my father, and I won't stop." Giacomo replied.

"Good. Molto bene. I wish I have the same fighting spirit as yours." Glorietta said.

"I believe you still have a chance to fix your family... even if your husband goes behind bars. It's not too late." Giacomo said.

Glorietta smiles.

"I like you already. You don't wish ill toward others, even to those who wronged you. There should be more people like you." Glorietta said.

Suddenly, Giacomo's phone rings. It's a notification from Spotify. He checks it out, and Mila's Unicorn Podcast has been released, the episode is all about Guillermo Pianizzi's schemes coming to light.

"It's out." Giacomo said.

"What's out?" Glorietta asked.

"The Unicorn Media's podcast about your husband's schemes. Please take a listen..." Giacomo said.

"Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to our listeners. Welcome again to our Unicorn Podcast brought to you by Unicorn Media. I am your host, Mila Janson, and for our first-time listeners, this podcast is all about various issues being brought out to light not covered by mainstream media.

Today's issue is all about cheese.

No, seriously, it's about cheese. To be specific, an Italian cheese conglomerate running for more than 200 years and counting, being run by just one family.

It's the Formaggio di Pianizzi. You can see them anywhere, from your mom-and-pop store to those giant supermarket chains in Europe. They even export these to Middle East and Central Asia with further expansions being eyed.

But we're not talking about cheese tasting and how each one has their own distinct taste. We're talking a figurative cheese. One pulled by a man driven by power.

With me today, is none other than the CEO and owner of the Formaggio di Pianizzi, Mr. Francisco Pianizzi.
"

"Thank you, young lady. And thank you for allowing me this privilege to air out this... dirty laundry my family has. It even involves a scandal. A Formula One scandal. It's time for everyone to know.

Where to begin? Ah yes... well, for one let's not delve into the full, 200-year history of the company, but let's just get into the meat of the topic - my brother." Francisco said.

"Your brother? Guillermo Pianizzi?" Mila asked.

"Correct. He's a driven man. Honestly, I was the brother who would be favored over him. And you know where this is going." Francisco said.

"It all led to this." Mila replied.

"Believe me, when he said he will do everything in his power to usurp my seat, he means EVERYTHING. Embezzlement was just the tip of the iceberg." Francisco said.

However, just as the podcast continues on playing, Enzo's phone rings. It's his brother Antonio on the other end.

"Hello?" Enzo said.

"Papà just vanished. Like, I was doing some shopping and when I returned, he's gone. This is your fault." Antonio said.

"Wait, he just left? And he didn't leave any note? What about the housekeeper? Did she tell everything?" Enzo asked.

"No. She did her usual grocery run and was the first to report. Didn't you even think that this will happen? You are breaking our family apart!" Antonio exclaimed.

"Our family is already broken to begin with. WAKE UP. Remember that time we were left alone in the grocery when Papà was just supposed to watch over us while Mamà was getting medicine? Of course you weren't aware, we were just too young until it hit me." Enzo replied.

"You are getting too close with that Marelli guy!" Antonio exclaimed.

"There are both sides in a story, Antonio! It was too late until I realized what our father was truly up to." Enzo said.

"Whatever. You created this mess. I can't believe this." Antonio replied, and then the call cuts off.

"What happened?" Giacomo asked.

"Papà is missing. I must go." Enzo replied as he stands up.

"Pride comes before the fall, they say." Glorietta said.

"I'll now put up a word on the authorities. I hope he doesn't.... you know." Enzo said.

"Don't think of that." Giacomo said.

"Focus on your race, Marelli. I can't involve you further into this." Enzo replied.

********************************************************************************************************​

Time: 1 pm, five days later.

The week went by, but Giacomo has a hint of anxiety now that Guillermo Pianizzi is at large.

However, he has a race to win.

The anxiety itself caused Giacomo to fumble a bit in yesterday's qualifying. He shall start in 4th. The rain would add up to his list of problems, though it's not as severe as in the 2nd round.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_.jpeg

De Luca would chime in.

"Giac, just... focus. Let the others do the rest. Guillermo Pianizzi will be found." De Luca said.

"Copy. And thanks." Giacomo replied.

"Let's just work together on this one, and we will win. We got this." De Luca said.

The countdown starts.

And it's lights out and away they go. The cars' launch control systems ensure that they get off safely even under wet conditions.

Music: Michael Da Brain - Brain 21 Something For Your Mind

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__1.jpeg

Giacomo manages to slip by Vasquez at the first turn, and Pietro is able to do the same.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__2.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__3.jpeg

The fog also spices up the predicament the racers are in. But it's a well-known trait that Spa has, which racing fans and locals alike happily accept.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__4.jpeg

Giacomo then slips past by Hamilton's understeering F8.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__5.jpeg

And once again, he has to deal with his rival taking the lead.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__6.jpeg

Keeping over 700 horsepower under control is no easy feat especially on slippery surfaces.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__7.jpeg

Save for Formula machines, modern racing cars have traction control systems fitted to suit clienteles of all racing skills. The F8 Challenge is no different, but Giacomo has elected to turn it off every after launching from start.

"To get maximum speed out of corner exits, traction control must be deactivated. Papà once told me that no computer can match the throttle control skill of an F1 driver."

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__8.jpeg

"But it's obvious that even Alfonso is using it. His cornering exit speeds are faster. Technology has gone a long way, I guess."

Music: Anyway, Anymore - Cherry

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__9.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__10.jpeg

Even De Luca notices the predicament that Giacomo is in.

"Giac, Traction Control is permitted for the entire duration of the championship. You might want to use it." De Luca said.

"I'm aware of that. But I want my right foot to do the work. Thanks." Giacomo replied.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__11.jpeg

"Benito once told Giac that traction control systems are pretty much useless on high level racing such Formula 1. But let's be real here, Giacomo is not yet on that level." De Luca mused.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__12.jpeg

"With today's technology, TCS is even helpful. Formula 1 in the 90s and early 2000s were raw and Benito got used to the environment of eschewing driver aids during his career. Giac is in the digital era, and has grown to the notion of convenience and ease of use. We have to admit that cars are much faster today than the ones decades ago, all thanks to progress." De Luca added.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__13.jpeg

"Giac, sometimes pride can just keep you from coming out of your shell." De Luca thought.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__14.jpeg

Giacomo has impeccable control over braking even on wet, having learned the basics of braking without ABS when he was starting out, allowing him to inch closer to Alphonse on corner entry.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__15.jpeg

But it's obvious that technology has its advantages. Giacomo's F8 has higher risk of oversteer on corner exits thanks to its TCS switched off.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__16.jpeg

He feathers the throttle, putting it down by increments.

And it's made clear that it doesn't work.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__17.jpeg

"I gotta work on my accelerator control. Am I that lead-footed? Or is it because Alfonso is pushing me? Could be my thinking. Calm down, Giac. Calm down."

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__18.jpeg

However, there is another saying: Fortune favors the bold. The fortune is made known by the precipitation coming to a halt.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__19.jpeg

Giacomo notices no droplets falling over the windshield.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__20.jpeg

"All right. Surface starts to dry up! I'll just have to be careful, still."

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__21.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__22.jpeg

"Let's play again, Alfonso. ANDIAMO!" Giacomo exclaimed.

End of Act 12

Act 13 - Overcut Training

With the rain out of the way, Giacomo can push a little bit further.

Portions of the track are still heavily wet, however. Giacomo still has some traction issues.

With the drying up surfaces, everyone gets more confident in increasing their paces.

Giacomo notices Alphonse's improvement in speed.

"Of course he can push it harder." Giacomo thought.

Then De Luca chimes in.

"Giac, drop the pace a bit. Conserve your tires." De Luca instructed.

"Huh? Why?" Giacomo asked.

"We'll do an overcut." De Luca replied.

"But I'm gaining on Alfonso." Giacomo said.

"Just trust me on this. This is also an exercise." De Luca replied.

Giacomo relents with a sigh.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

And De Luca's strategy commences. Giacomo notices Alphonse using the right indicator, a sign that he will enter the pit lane.

Music: Prince Of The Night - Leo River

As instructed, Giacomo soldiers on.

As the rest box in.

"All right... let's see how much you have learned from your father about this accelerator work. Intermediate tires don't last long either." De Luca said.

"Oh... so a training during a race?" Giacomo asked.

"I've been doing that in my heyday. Thought it would benefit you too." De Luca replied.

"You've been stubborn on keeping the TCS off, now let's see how you manage the tires and see if your father is right." De Luca added.

"There are still wet portions in the track. I believe sticking to Inters for now is the best strategy." Giacomo said.

"The rest are probably fitting Softs as we speak. They will slow down... you have enough breathing room for this exercise." De Luca replied.

Giacomo feathers the accelerator in increments once the car touches the wet portions of the corners.

But this also has another benefit...

....as the water cools down the tires due to the lack of friction, reducing degradation.

De Luca, however, delivers a different news.

"They are starting to keep up. They obviously have better grip." De Luca said.

"Copy, understood." Giacomo replied.

Giacomo feels a heavy feedback from the steering wheel, a sign that the Intermediates are about to give in.

"I guess I can only overcut for 2 laps. Still have a long way to go." Giacomo mused.

And just around the corner, Alphonse is closing in.

"I'll hold on for another lap. You can do this, Giac. ANDIAMO!" Giacomo said to himself.

Despite his renewed vigor, Alphonse has significantly closed the gap after three laps.

Giac's F8 now experiences a mix of under and over steer.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__23.jpeg

"I'll box!" Giacomo said.

"Copy. You did well. We will have Softs ready." De Luca replied.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__24.jpeg

And at the Bus Stop chicane, Alphonse is just right on his tail.

Giacomo finally boxes in.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__25.jpeg

The pit crew rapidly changes the tires to Soft compounds as requested by De Luca. The car's fuel is also being replenished.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240623073620.jpg

"Well done on the exercise. This is one of the many techniques that F1 drivers do. You simply have to brush up on it." De Luca said.

"That was difficult, to be honest." Giacomo replied.

And then he finally rejoins the fray.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__26.jpeg

"But thanks. Now I see that I still have a long way to go." Giacomo added.

End of Act 13

Last edited:
Act 14 - Purple Sector

With a new set of Soft compounds, Giacomo is back on the fray. Three-fourths of the race is already completed, so he has to act...

"Giac, you only have five laps left. Make sure those Softs are truly worth it. There are still wet portions, so watch yourself." De Luca said.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__1.jpeg

"Good news is, you've pulled up enough gap a while ago during the overcut. That means, they aren't that far away after you boxed in." De Luca added.

"Alfonso is my only problem." Giacomo replied.

Music: Mission Impossible - Nick Mansell

"Ciao, Pietro." Giacomo greeted as he overtakes his teammate.

Then finally, he is back to playing with Alphonse.

"Bonjour, mon ami. Hope you weren't lonely." Giacomo said.

The rivalry now sets on full throttle. The two have been among the most talked-about rookies of the year, considering their breakout performances in the WTCC.

Spectators begin to cheer loudly as they see the two rivals going on each others' throats once more. Now on the closing stages of the race, they are being treated with an intense battle like no other.

"Jeez, this is even more exciting than the current F1. Those two are crazy!"

"Are you sure they are really rookies?!"

Giacomo now takes pole.

"All right. Heh, watch me, Alfonso." Giacomo said to himself.

"The road is getting dry. Let's dance again, Alfonso!"

Taking advantage of fresh rubber, Giacomo hits full throttle on corner exits. No more worries about traction loss, then.

Alphonso gasps at this newfound speed.

"He wants to dance again, huh? Well then.... ALLONS-Y!" Alphonse thought.

As if responding to a provocation, Alphonse brakes late at the Bus Stop chicane and overtakes at the outside.

Giacomo smirks.

"Yes... that's it. Hehehehe."

Music: Fly to Me To The Moon & Back - The Spiders From Mars

The growing fanbases of Giacomo and Alphonse cheer loud... louder than the other... as if they share the same level of rivalry as their idols.

"I won't let you go, Alfonso. Keep shredding your tires." Giacomo said.

He now enters into slipstream.

However, Alphonse looks at the rear view mirror, and anticipating what Giacomo could do next at the end of Kemmel Straight, he moves to the right.

"Nice move." Giacomo said.

Alphonse manages to guard his lead.

"But my tires are still fine." Giacomo said with a smirk.

And he is proven right. Alphonse's F8 is flailing on the turns.

"Keep up with the pressure. You're entering the final lap." De Luca said.

Even Pietro is at awe watching how the two go at each other.

"Look at those two go! It's like... watching Formula 1." Pietro remarked.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__23.jpeg

While Alphonse manages to defend himself in Eau Rouge...

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__24.jpeg

....Giacomo has better exit speed coming out of Raidillon. This opens up his one final opportunity.

"ANDIAMO!!!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__25.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__26.jpeg

Giacomo makes a clean overtake.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__27.jpeg

"Okay. Go all out now, Giac. Get that fastest lap." De Luca said.

"Gladly!" Giacomo replied.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__28.jpeg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__29.jpeg

De Luca is reading the race data. Giacomo gets purple colored sectors. He smiles and applauds.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__30.jpeg

Finally, Giac takes the chequered flag, setting the fastest lap time of 2 minutes and 12.8 seconds, half a second faster than Alphonse's.

"You did it, Giac. Bellissimo!" De Luca exclaimed.

"Forza! Everyone did a wonderful job. Grazie ragazzi. Grazie ragazzi!" Giacomo replied.

4th round result and current standings:

Marelli (Ferrari) - 61

Blanchard (BWT) - 57

Guidicelli (Ferrari) - 52

Magnussen (HAAS Ferrari) - 51

Vasquez (Red Bull Racing) - 46

Garett (Privateer) - 28

Hamilton (Scuderia Ferrari) - 24

Pianizzi (MAHLE Racing) - 24

Tan (Privateer - GRAB) - 21

Tsukamoto (Privateer - Racing Service Dino) - 21

Minagawa (Privateer - CORNES) - 20

Carillo (Sbinalla Tire) - 6

End of Act 14

Last edited:
Act 15 - Avanti

Time: 1 pm, the next day

Giacomo brings his recently awarded trophy, from his win in Spa yesterday, in the living room. He looks at the display cabinet filled with medals and trophies. His mother, Adrianna, arrives, smiling when she sees another trophy.

"I think we need to move to a bigger house with all of these trophies." Allegra said.

Giacomo chuckles.

"Well, I'm sure there's space for this somewhere... right?" Giacomo said in a jest.

And finally, Benito arrives, coming from the supermarket placing down the groceries on the floor.

"Oh dear, always placing them there?" Allegra asked
"Well, they're heavy. Gotta rest my arms." Benito replied.

"Don't tell me you bought a lot of tomatoes again." Giacomo said.

"You always guess right." Benito replied.

And then, Benito takes something out of his small sling bag. It's a white envelope with "FIA" printed on its back. He hands it over to Giacomo.

"What's this?" Giacomo asked.

"Open it. It's for you." Benito replied.

Giacomo opens up the said envelope. In it is a shiny card, and a folded piece of paper. Upon unfolding it, his eyes widened.

"The Super License!" Giacomo said.

"Well, you earned it. Congratulations." Benito said.

The son would hug his father with glee. This is something he is working so hard for. The world of Formula 1 is within his grasp.

"But of course, you're not yet done. You have to prove yourself further. You need a certain amount of points to get into Formula 1." Benito explained.

"I can't believe this. I thought this would only be a dream. But..." Giacomo can no longer finish his sentence to his excitement.

"I believe that your French best friend would have one too. I look forward for your further escapades." Benito said.

Giacomo breathes out a sigh. His moment of happiness is brief, however, as he places them down on the table.

"There's still the pressing matter. Guillermo is still on the run." Giacomo said.

"Let the authorities handle the matter. Besides, what happened back then was nothing compared to what he did to his own family." Benito replied.

"That's not NOTHING, Papà! He ruined your life! You could have been still racing in F1 right now. Your name deserves to be cleansed. The truth must come out." Giacomo said.

"Giacomo... I have already reached that level and sat on it briefly. Now that I have you both, I no longer ask for glory. All I want is peace." Benito replied.

"But we can't let that cloud our lives. It's time for us to have closure. That's what real peace is. We can't move on until we put this behind us." Giacomo said.

"We just want what's best for you. Getting involved will risk you losing that license, or worse... you." Allegra said.

"I'm not running away..." Giacomo said. Then he takes the card and certificate along with him upstairs.

**********************************************************************************************

Time: 8 am, the next day

While the sun rose giving light and happiness to the denizens...

...it's chaos for the Pianizzis. Now that Guillermo is on the run, Enzo rushes quickly to his mother's home.

Dorsoduro_.jpeg

Enzo would then ask his mother to pack as much as she can.

"I... no longer want to know what your father is capable of doing." Glorietta said.

"He might hunt us down. Especially that we provided the evidence to the authorities. Let's go. We're about to meet someone who can help." Enzo said.

Glorietta secures the entrance, carrying her suitcase and putting it in the trunk of Enzo's Ferrari. They leave in haste.

Via dei Neri_.jpeg

"Where are we going?" Glorietta asked.

"We are meeting up with someone from Unicorn Media. She needs more information, and she can provide us a safe haven in exchange." Enzo replied.

Not too far away, they arrive at the rendezvous point. It's Mila who awaits them. Enzo steps out of the car, and approaches Mila.

Ducal Palace of Modena_.jpeg

"We're here. Let's go." Enzo said.

"Glad you made it. Let's over to Switzerland. One of our satellite branches is there. We can conduct an interview there and then a home is ready for you." Mila said.

"Got it." Enzo said.

Without further distractions, the two cars leave.

Trient_.jpeg

It will be a long trip, but Enzo doesn't mind in the slightest.

By evening, they arrive in Geneva. Mila suggested a hotel they'll settle in for the night.

Izumiotsu Parking Area_.jpeg

The next day, the three would make their way in Unicorn Media's building. A studio is ready for the interview. Mila straightens up her blazer as she readies herself to inquire more. Glorietta is prepared too.

The lights have turned on, the cameras are ready. The director then gives the cue... and start.

"Good morning, Ms. Glorietta Pianizzi. Thank you for joining us today." Mila said.

"Good morning too, Ms. Janson. I am actually excited to drop this... bombshell." Glorietta said.

"A bombshell, you say?" Mila asked.

"It just involves a former Formula 1 driver, whose life was completely ruined by a loser of a husband." Glorietta replied.

"I'll keep this short. I am not that woman in the video. I do not stoop that low. Right now, she is with the authorities cooperating, because, you might guess, she hasn't gotten her full payment. For more than a decade? My husband... oh dear. He simply cannot beat Benito Marelli, and do you think a true winner would arrange for some cheap, washed out actress to do a job to get what he wants? I don't think so. He didn't have the world he wanted, so he decided that no one gets it." Glorietta added.

"Any words you can say to Benito Marelli, if he's listening to us right now?" Mila asked.

"Benito, you can relax. You are clearly innocent. I'm even jealous, your family keeps holding on. I wish my family is that strong. Your son will go places. Let's put this trouble behind us. I am speaking on behalf of my family, except for my husband." Glorietta said.

********************************************************************************************************

Time: 9 am, three days later.

The final round takes place on a hybrid street circuit in the island of Sardegna (or Sardinia in the English language). Today is qualifying day.

Benito is in attendance, looking after the entire Ferrari team preparing and setting up the cars for the event.

Enzo Pianizzi now makes a bold move, approaching Benito.

"Mr. Benito Marelli. It's an honor to have finally met you." Enzo said.

"Oh, Enzo Pianizzi. And do not worry, I don't bite." Benito said.

"Your son is doing incredibly well. I wish I was like him too, with enough motivation to be the best." Enzo replied.

"I am far from being the best father in the world, but all I want is for my son to be happy. I'm sure deep down your father wanted that too." Benito said.

All of a sudden, they hear loud, hastily approaching footsteps...

....it's Guillermo Pianizzi, taking out a pistol out of his pocket. Benito's eyes widen, and when Enzo sees that, he turns around.

"BENITO!" Guillermo shouts, and he pulls the trigger.

Enzo pushes Benito away, taking the bullet... piercing through his chest.

In panic, the mechanics scram away, with Giacomo and Pietro hearing the commotion and rush into the scene.

Guillermo realizes what he has done, having seen his first-born son take the bullet, dropping the pistol. Benito delivers a punch on to Guillermo's cheek.

Benito rushes to Enzo's side. Enzo is clutching his chest, flowing with blood.

"Hang in there. Help is on the way." Benito said.

Benito faces his son, who is taken by shock.

"GIAC! CALL THE AMBULANCE! NOW!" Benito exclaimed.

Giacomo, shaking in shock, calls the emergency services. The track's security force take Guillermo away, and call the police as well.

As the result of the confrontation, the qualifying and the entire round are postponed until further notice. An investigation immediately goes underway.

********************************************************************************************************

The next day, Giacomo and Benito pay a visit in the Sardinia General Hospital. They go inside Enzo's room, and upon getting in, they see Enzo fully conscious watching the television showing news about his father's arrest.

"Hey, Enzo. Glad to see you awake." Giacomo said.

"Oh hello, good morning to you two." Enzo replied.

"How are you feeling?" Benito asked.

"Saddened. Crushed. I'm fine on the outside, but I'm dead inside." Enzo replied.

"You have the right to feel that way." Benito said.

"You saved my father's life. I will forever be grateful for that. I'll find a way to repay you." Giacomo said.

"I just have to do the right thing. I have to stop my father, and in the process, almost lose my life. But it's all worth it. As long as we have closure, I don't mind how many bullets I take." Enzo said.

"You think you would be able to recover fast enough to be in the race?" Benito asked.

"No, but that's fine. Mahle Racing contacted me earlier, and they found a substitute driver for me. The race will push through next week." Enzo replied.

"I see. Well, we will pray for your speedy recovery. But of course, the issue about your father..." Benito said.

"It'll take a much longer time. But as long as I keep on racing, it'll heal... eventually." Enzo replied.

The three men smile. A truce has finally been made. Benito's name has been cleansed as well, all thanks to the testimonies of the paid actress whom he unknowingly entangled with.

One week later, the fifth round finally commences. The qualifying went smoothly as well.

Sardegna - Road Track - A_.jpeg

Giacomo qualified in P6.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__1.jpeg

With everything now settled, it's time for Giacomo to face forward, both literally and figuratively.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__2.jpeg

"All I need to do is look forward. The past is now completely behind us. I can fully focus. I have the Super License. I must fill it with points." Giacomo thought.

And then...

...it's lights out and away they go.

Music: ACM - Elements of Trance (DJ Kim's Reload Mix)

Sardegna - Road Track - A__3.jpeg

The excitement already ramps up, as Alphonse makes a bold move in the first corner.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__4.jpeg

Jumping immediately to the first place, Alphonse's fans cheer wildly.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__5.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__6.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__7.jpeg

Giacomo sees the top three fleeting away. His right foot is hard on the accelerator.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__8.jpeg

Alphonse is making strides as well, intent on challenging Giacomo.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__9.jpeg

De Luca chimes in.

"Okay, Alphonse is three seconds ahead of you." De Luca said.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

And with that, he firms his hold on the steering wheel.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__10.jpeg

"ANDIAMO! Andrò avanti!" Giacomo exclaimed.

End of Act 15

Last edited:
Act 16 - A Little Bit of A Miracle

A few laps have passed, and no one seems to budge.

"The gap is increasing. Hamilton and Magnussen are showing their true selves, it seems."

"I think we made the wrong decision to start on Hards. Can't grip properly." Giacomo said.

"Hold out for now. No use to box." De Luca replied.

"Okay, then." Giacomo said.

Giacomo feels a little bit more yaw from the car.

"I can a turn a bit. The tires are warmed up." Giacomo said.

"Copy, understood." De Luca replied.

Sixth lap commences.

"Giac, I'm happy to report that you set the fastest lap. 1 minute and 38.5. I repeat, 38.5." De Luca said.

This is clearly motivating for Giacomo.

"Okay, thanks!" Giacomo replied.

Giacomo closes in.

However, in one left-hand kink...

....the F8's brakes lock up. This is something not expected from a car with an anti-lock braking system. Glitches can happen after all.

"Brake lock! Brake lock!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Which sends the F8 plowing through the outside.

And on to the guardrail.

He fights off the wheel shaking, wrestling back the car in control and in the course.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__11.jpeg

"Giac, are you okay?" De Luca asked.

"Yeah. It's a bit of a miracle. I can feel vibration from the steering wheel. But I can manage." Giacomo replied.

The predicament results in Giacomo falling back, but still maintaining his position.

Upon turning left, he feels more vibration from the steering wheel.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__12.jpeg

"There's definitely less yaw when turning left. I can turn, but..." Giacomo said.

"We'll check the front right suspension. Can you still run?" De Luca asked.

With the top three far from his reach, and being in the final round considering the overall points he has...

...Giacomo firms his grip on the steering wheel and bury the throttle.

"Yes. I can." Giacomo replied.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__13.jpeg

"Let's patch it up later when I box." Giacomo added.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__14.jpeg

Despite the worried look, De Luca would smile. He knows that this is all or nothing for Giacomo for the championship title.

"Okay. I trust you, Giac. We will pull through. But just take care when you turn left." De Luca said.

"Thank you. Can you be my race engineer and strategist forever? Hehe." Giacomo said, just to release some tension.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__15.jpeg

"I would be honored, Signore Marellil." De Luca replied.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__16.jpeg

End of Act 16

Last edited:
Act 17 - Esplosione

Having moved up to third despite the miraculously light limp, Giacomo's motivation increases tenfold.

But De Luca ensures that they have to be in check, in order to not open up the wound further.

"Just reminding you, the track direction is counter clockwise. This will actually make our situation worse." De Luca said.

"Copy. I'll manage as much as I can." Giacomo replied.

The only compromise Giacomo can only do is to ease up more on the left hand turns. Seems to work in his favor so far, as it allows him to rocket out of the turns, known as the old-fashioned yet effective "Slow-in, Fast-out" method.

And now Alphonse is within his easy reach.

"You're mine now. Miss me, mon ami?" Giacomo teased.

Alphonse notices that Giacomo is on his tail.

"Alphonse, your best friend has come to play." Louis said over the radio.

"Copy. I'm always ready to play. Heh." Alphonse replied.

Music: Take Me To The Top - D-Essex

Giacomo applies the "slow-in, fast-out" method once more on the left hand turn.

And to the next...

"Seems to have worked. Alfonso may have gotten away from the hairpin, but I don't feel the damage has gotten worse..."

He would then make up ground on the final, high speed turn.

Lap 14 begins with Giacomo now on the attack, pressuring the Frenchman.

Which works, as evidenced by Alphonse understeering on the next turn.

"Ha, fell for it!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Taking advantage of his method on left turns, Giacomo moves to the outer side...

...then buries his foot on the accelerator at the exit.

And now... Giacomo applies full power on the final section.

Finally taking the lead on the start of Lap 15.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__17.jpeg

"FORZA!" Giacomo exclaimed.

However, as he applies the brakes for the first turn...

Sardegna - Road Track - A__18.jpeg

...the car veers to the outside, as if reminding Giacomo that it is limping.

"Argh! Damn!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__19.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__20.jpeg

This hampers its braking, sending the car plowing outside.

"Turn! Turn! Turn! Turn!" Giacomo repeatedly exclaims.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__21.jpeg

The gravel trap did all of the stopping, which renders the car being dropped back into 2nd.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__22.jpeg

Giacomo slams his fist on the wheel as he accelerates out of the predicament.

Alphonse breathes out a sigh.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__23.jpeg

Giacomo scowls.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__24.jpeg

"Giac, are you alright?" De Luca asked.

"I'm pissed. Really pissed." Giacomo replied in a rather calm tone.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__25.jpeg

"Don't overdo it. We can patch it up. You can box. Parts are ready." De Luca said.

"No, I'm still running." Giacomo replied.

Nothing can stop Giacomo now....

Sardegna - Road Track - A__26.jpeg

...as he is back with a vengeance. He once again overwhelms Alphonse with a faster cornering speed at the final turn.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__27.jpeg

Even going slightly off-course to squeeze past.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__28.jpeg

"Sorry Alfonso, I won't be nice for now." Giacomo said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__29.jpeg

End of Act 17

Act 18 - Forza!

Giacomo now leads the pack.

And Alphonse is taken aback at the speed of Giacomo's limping F8.

"Incredible. He makes it seem that there's no problem at all." Alphonse mused.

At the beginning of the 17th lap, De Luca reports.

"Pietro Guidicelli set the fastest lap. 1 minute 38 flat. 38.0." De Luca said.

But a response is absent from Giacomo...

"Okay... just letting you know." De Luca said.

He takes off his headset, looks at Benito.

"Giac's not amused. He's silent." De Luca said.

"Him being quiet is actually the best thing you can expect from him. It means he means serious business." Benito replied.

"But of course, his car is limping. Being careful is something you'd actually prefer in this situation." De Luca said.

"I know my son. I trained him to be a racer. He may not be as excellent in karting as Alphonse is, but he's a technical genius when his fighting spirit is set ablaze." Benito replied.

De Luca looks at the telemetry, especially the movement of the front right suspension. His eyes widen.

"Impressive. He took my advice. The front right suspension is experiencing less load." De Luca said.

"He won't be setting record times right now, but he is taking care of the car." De Luca added.

"Heh. What have I told you?" Benito said.

Lap 20. Just five laps left. Giacomo's pace still astounds Alphonse.

De Luca would then return to the radio communication.

"Okay, Giac. Box box. Box box." De Luca said.

"Copy." Giacomo replied.

De Luca breathes a sigh of relief.

"We will patch the front right suspension. You know the car has quick exchange part system, right? Ferrari implemented that in their other race cars." De Luca said.

"I think I wasn't paying attention back then." Giacomo replied.

Upon arriving, the pit crew move as if they're machines when activated at a press of a button. The front right suspension parts are swapped. Of course it takes time.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240630194315.jpg

Since the other cars were far away when he pit in, the crew is able to attach the replacement parts just in time when the others have finished changing tires, evening the odds for all of the racers.

And then they all exit at the same time. Giacomo tightens his grip on the steering wheel.

"Let's go." Giacomo said.

Music: F1 Theme - Brian Tyler

With the new parts and as well as fresh set of Racing Soft tires, Giacomo can perform no holds-barred racing.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__17.jpeg

Even Magnussen's defensive maneuver is rendered useless.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__18.jpeg

"Not today, K-Mag." Giacomo said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__19.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__20.jpeg

Everything is now even at this point. With only four laps left, Giac only has a small window of opportunity to take the lead.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__21.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__22.jpeg

Make it three...

Sardegna - Road Track - A__23.jpeg

And the other opponents are giving everything they got as well.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__24.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__25.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__26.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__27.jpeg

Giacomo builds up pressure on Alphonse.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__28.jpeg

Which results for the French racer to overshoot.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__29.jpeg

"Merde! I went in too fast!" Alphonse exclaimed.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__30.jpeg

This also presents an opportunity for Pietro to steal the spot from Alphonse as well.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__31.jpeg

"Don't leave me, Giac! Let's have a 1-2 at the final!" Pietro said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__32.jpeg

Benito hears the crowd cheering wildly as they see Giacomo blazing by the main straight.

"Formula 1 deserves someone like you, my son. You have even surpassed me. I'm proud of you... and also, thank you for what you've done for me." Benito thought as he sheds a single tear.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__33.jpeg

De Luca is also delighted to see purple marks on Giacomo's sector times.

"Come on, Giac! Push it further. You are purple on all sectors!" De Luca said.

"All right. ANDIAMO!" Giacomo exclaimed.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__34.jpeg

As Giacomo starts Lap 24, De Luca reports the lap time.

"Okay, you are the fastest. The lap time is now at 1 minute 36.934. 36.9. 1.1 seconds faster than Guidicelli." De Luca said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__35.jpeg

However....

...Alphonse notices an alarming spike on engine temperatures, forcing him to retire.

"No... overheat! I will have to retire. I'm sorry, monsieur." Alphonse said.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__36.jpeg

"No worries, you'll still earn a point for finishing more than 90% of the race. You did well today." Louis replied.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__37.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - A__38.jpeg

And finally.... Giacomo takes the win at the final round of the Ferrari F8 Challenge championship. Giacomo's fans cheer as wild as they can possibly be.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__39.jpeg

"FORZA FERRARI!" Giacomo exclaimed.

"Forza, Giacomo. Forza! Very well done. You won the championship." De Luca said.

"Grazie ragazzi. And I know my father is watching, please tell him I did it." Giacomo said.

"Of course he knows. He's very proud of you." De Luca replied.

Sardegna - Road Track - A__40.jpeg

And so do Pietro's fans. The pair achieved a 1-2 finish. This will send wonderful news to Maranello.

5th round result and overall standings:

Giacomo Marelli (Ferrari) - 71

Pietro Guidicelli (Ferrari) - 70

Alphonse Blanchard (BWT) - 59

Kevin Magnussen (HAAS Ferrari) - 56

Cesar Vasquez (Red Bull Racing) - 50

Lewis Hamilton (Scuderia Ferrari) - 39

Michael Garrett (Privateer) - 34

Jo Minagawa (Privateer - CORNES) - 32

Hiroki Tsukamoto (Privateer - Racing Service Dino) - 31

SUBSTITUTE DRIVER - Barry Ragdall (MAHLE Racing) - 30

Andrew Tan (Privateer - GRAB) - 24

Sebastian Carillo (Sbinalla Tire) - 7

At the podium ceremony, Giacomo looks at Pietro on his right, and Alphonse on his left. The overall winners are showered with confetti having the colors of the Italian flag. A champagne blasting ensues after, with Giacomo dousing everyone with glee.

Benito and De Luca proudly look at Giacomo above them.

"You raised one hell of a son, Benito. Congratulations. He'll go places." De Luca said.

"Words cannot describe how proud am I of him." Benito replied.

They look on Giacomo now being doused with champagne by both Pietro and Alphonse.

End of Act 18

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Yep, that's a double entry for today.

- The F1 Theme by Brian Tyler also gives me this final push vibes, like it's very suitable when you are at the tail end of the race, winning.

- And yes, this is now Barry R.'s official debut in this fanfiction universe. Sophy and Bob are coming soon. :lol:

Last edited:
Act 19 - Alto Livello

Time: 1 pm, one week later

After that championship, Giacomo's routines seemingly return to normal. After all, he is one of Ferrari's chosen drivers in their Young Driver program.

Anselmo De Rossi is pleased with the results, and now offers both Giacomo and Pietro a new challenge, now that both drivers have secured their FIA Superlicences.

And with that, Giacomo has never been this hectic ever since...

The torrential rain doesn't bother him in the slightest. And what's he driving?

Nürburgring Nordschleife_.jpeg

A Ferrari FXX-K. But isn't that a customer track day car only allowed outside on Ferrari's official race events?

Nürburgring Nordschleife__1.jpeg

As it turns out, it serves an entirely different purpose...

Nürburgring Nordschleife__2.jpeg

"Geez, a thousand horsepower on the wet? And keeping it in check for twenty four hours?" Giacomo mused as he feathers the throttle, attempting to reign in the car's massive power output only with his right foot.

As what Giacomo said, the FXX-K is modified extensively for the upcoming VLN 24 Hour race. It has entirely different components that would ensure longevity for that grueling competition. The FIA decided to add another class, now reserved for experimental vehicles with little restrictions dubbed the "Hyper Endurance" class.

In the midst of his concentration, Giacomo hears a static coming from the radio. It's his father, Benito.

"Giac, head back to the pit lane. Someone wants to meet you." Benito said.

"Okay, got it." Giacomo replied.

"And you need a little recuperation too. You've been driving all day." Benito added.

Nürburgring Nordschleife__3.jpeg

Nürburgring Nordschleife__4.jpeg

And yes, Giacomo is extracting as much as he possibly can from the hypercar.

Nürburgring Nordschleife__5.jpeg

"I wonder if Alfonso will come to play in the VLN? It would be boring if he wouldn't." Giacomo wondered as he wrestles control of the car.

Nürburgring Nordschleife__6.jpeg

Nürburgring Nordschleife__7.jpeg

He drops the pace and then enters the pit lane.

Nürburgring Nordschleife__8.jpeg

He parks the car under the tent, and he alights from it while being inspected by the crew. He sees Benito, alongside De Luca and De Rossi speaking to a certain driver...

The driver in question has a brown mullet tied into a bun with a full beard.

Giacomo joins them, and smiles the moment he sees their guest.

"Giac, he will be joining the VLN as well. Meet Antonio Giovinazzi." Benito said.

"A pleasure and an honor to meet you, sir." Giacomo said as he shakes hands with Giovinazzi.

"I have heard wonderful stories about you. And you're in Super Formula too? Nice work." Giovinazzi said.

"You have raced with the stalwarts of Formula 1, and conquered Le Mans. The list will go on and on." Giacomo said.

"I am just as young and eager as you are. Let's win together." Giovinazzi replied and extends a bro fist, which Giacomo reciprocates.

**********************************************************************************************

Time: 3 pm, one week later

Testing cars is now part of Giacomo's routine. He doesn't mind the chaos at all, as long as he gets to drive a diverse array of Prancing Horses in the stable.

But he returns to the helm of the La Super Formula, as Ferrari wants to get valuable data before the season begins.

He has been on the track since morning, doing more than a hundred laps.

And then, as he runs with a fresh set of tires...

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course_.jpeg

...an unexpected guest enters the circuit.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__1.jpeg

De Luca, seeing this sudden entrance, quickly opens up the communications.

"Giac, uhhh... someone has entered the circuit. Just let him pass." De Luca said.

"Huh? Who?" Giacomo asked.

"No idea. Never noticed there even was another crew until now." De Luca replied.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__2.jpeg

"Okay... I'll make way. But now you have gotten me curious." Giacomo said.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__3.jpeg

Giacomo keeps his pace, unaware that the said intruder is approaching rapidly.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__4.jpeg

Upon returning the main straight, De Luca recognizes who the other driver is.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__5.jpeg

"Giac... I'm pretty sure you recognize the other driver..." De Luca said.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__6.jpeg

"Huh? Who?" Giacomo asked.

As if having heard his query, that other driver lines up beside Giacomo.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__7.jpeg

Giacomo looks at his right, and then sees the number.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__8.jpeg

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__10.jpeg

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__9.jpeg

Upon recognizing the driver, Giacomo feels this sudden surge of adrenaline... he has suddenly become jolted with excitement.

He then smirks as he sees the driver right in front.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course__11.jpeg

Giacomo would then utter....

"No...

...you will not have the win."

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I have actually saved the replay of that last bit. I can post the entire race by request as a Bonus Entry.

- The next arc shall start this weekend. Or Friday the earliest.

Back