Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,119 comments
I think it's also the current "Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept" car

Edit: no its doors don't seem to move like that, probably the Redbull car X2019 in the Chilean livery

Last edited:
Honestly, its not about amount of races, but it's structure and progression.

Many modern racing games, like GT7 and Forza failed at it. The only good thing about GT7's career is these multiple chilli-pepper races, they're so good...I would even question why we need Sophy in the first place, but apparently it's much better to get dripfeed of 3 events per month and of course FOMO weekly races...well one of five of them could be something new...yay.
PGR4 had a really good career mode, great variety of races and the progression felt authentic.

I think I wrote it in the wrong place, it was deleted so I'll write it here. Imagine this kind of control race. like hiring a pilot.

1720096644485.png

Question:
I'm not very good with remembering track-layouts. Is there maybe a list of layouts that are not part of any world circuit events. I have the feeling that PD delivered a lot of layouts but many are not really used a lot. I am thinking about creating a custom championship of underappreciated layouts.

Thank you!
I was curious about this too, and I need to know it for my next review, so I checked:

Unused Variants (as of June 2024)
BMB Infield B
BMB Infield B Reverse
Streets of Willow Springs Reverse
Horse Thief Mile Reverse
Lake Louise Tri-Oval
Lake Louise Long Track Reverse
Colorado Springs Lake –Reverse
Fisherman's Ranch Reverse :embarrassed:
(Norther Isle only has one Sunday Cup, begging for endurance)
Le Mans No Chicane
Circuit de Croissant A Reverse, B Reverse, C Reverse
Alsace Test
Nürburgring 24h (used only in two championship races)
Lago Maggiore GP Reverse, Centre Reverse, East Reverse, West Reverse, East End, WestEnd, West End Reverse
Sardegna Road C, C Reverse, B Reverse, A Reverse
Monza No Chicane
Red Bull Ring Short
BB Raceway Reverse(forward variant again only used once, I've had longer custom raceshere in 86s, it's fun.)
Kyoto Driving Park Miyabi
Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa Reverse
Yamagiwa+Miyabi Reverse
Tokyo Xpway Central Counterclockwise (used only in one championship race)
Tokyo Xpway East Counterclockwise
Fuji “short” course

Total of 33 unused layouts.

I was curious about this too, and I need to know it for my next review, so I checked:

Unused Variants (as of June 2024)
BMB Infield B
BMB Infield B Reverse
Streets of Willow Springs Reverse
Horse Thief Mile Reverse
Lake Louise Tri-Oval
Lake Louise Long Track Reverse
Colorado Springs Lake –Reverse
Fisherman's Ranch Reverse :embarrassed:
(Norther Isle only has one Sunday Cup, begging for endurance)
Le Mans No Chicane
Circuit de Croissant A Reverse, B Reverse, C Reverse
Alsace Test
Nürburgring 24h (used only in two championship races)
Lago Maggiore GP Reverse, Centre Reverse, East Reverse, West Reverse, East End, WestEnd, West End Reverse
Sardegna Road C, C Reverse, B Reverse, A Reverse
Monza No Chicane
Red Bull Ring Short
BB Raceway Reverse(forward variant again only used once, I've had longer custom raceshere in 86s, it's fun.)
Kyoto Driving Park Miyabi
Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa Reverse
Yamagiwa+Miyabi Reverse
Tokyo Xpway Central Counterclockwise (used only in one championship race)
Tokyo Xpway East Counterclockwise
Fuji “short” course

Total of 33 unused layouts.
I seem to recall Autopolis Short didn't have an event until recently, when they added a "Japanese FF Challenge 450" race to go along with the Honda Civic EG.
So that would've been on your list not long ago.

Last edited:
Opening it out to the whole game, both Blue Moon Bay Infield B layouts have been completely unused in the game. No races, no special events, no championships, no circuit experience, no missions, no licenses, no daily races, no online time trials. The standard version was scheduled for the 2022 GTWS but was changed due to wallriding and hasn't been seen since.

The counterclockwise versions of Tokyo Central and Tokyo East only have their circuit experiences, and are otherwise similarly unused.

The only reason why any of us go back to GT4 is the career mode. Take that away and it's rubbish compared to GT7. The core driving mechanics, the sounds and the graphics do not hold up, even if the presentation does. How can any of you sit here and complain about the game structure when everything else has improved? GT4 was a great game for the time but I can't bare going back to it now because it's OLD.
I go back for the tracks and to drive cars that are not in 7. I do agree that everything else is better in 7, just wish we had more of those tracks

Sometimes I wonder if it'd really make sense to have historic layouts for certain venues, especially for venues like Monza and Fuji, but then I realize that I'd really prefer new venues altogether, at least as far as GT7's real-world circuits go. Or at least maybe some returning ones, like Indianapolis' oval and its road course, Monaco, or Sonoma.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if it'd really make sense to have historic layouts for certain venues, especially for venues like Monza and Fuji, but then I realize that I'd really prefer new venues altogether, at least as far as GT7's real-world circuits go. Or at least maybe some returning ones, like Indianapolis' oval and its road course, Monaco, or Sonoma.
Why not both or all of them.

A simulation or virtual reality is just that .. the ability to do the Same stuff as in real life but so much more...
Why limit to what real life is offering.
It is great to do that virtually, but we also should be enjoying the past track configurations, future ones, dreamed up ones and everything in between...

That's why I still yearn for Seattle circuit, especially since it no longer exist in real life...

Last edited:
It'll be so funny if they don't add the CGV, with that photo being used and what the camera would be looking at turned a bit to the left.

Last edited:
I would like to see some classic layouts in GT8. It would be a great fit for classic cars races and championships.
80's and '90's Fuji was great in GT4. There is also an older 70's layout with first fast right corner like in the old Monza. On top of that some old versions (from 1960-70's) of the La Sarthe, Spa and maybe Nordschleife.

I would like to see some classic layouts in GT8. It would be a great fit for classic cars races and championships.
80's and '90's Fuji was great in GT4. There is also an older 70's layout with first fast right corner like in the old Monza. On top of that some old versions (from 1960-70's) of the La Sarthe, Spa and maybe Nordschleife.
Absolutely, plus Monza with no chicanes and the banked oval.

I definitely want the old Spa layout, I remember driving that layout in Grand Prix Legends, I think it was at least. Then later in real life driving those roads to reach the back entrance to access the kart circuit inside the main track. Bizarrely the locals there must be the slowest drivers I've ever encountered, I almost always got held up behind someone pootling along at a ridiculously low speed.

I got to experience classic Le Man and Spa in pcars 2 and there are 2 of the most beautiful classic tracks I have ever raced in I put so many miles on just those 2 tracks. :)

I 100% hope pd includes them in future gt games.

If there even is a circuit in the upcoming update, I'd imagine that it would have to be something that isn't suitable for use in the live event, otherwise they would have used it surely.

That's why I think even though everything else seemed to align perfectly, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is probably off the table.
Not that it won't show up at some point though.

Last edited:
Back