READ THE OP! GTP Cool Wall Nomination Thread [Always accepting more cars!]

• Thread starter Snikle
  • 3,560 comments
From the responses I received in the results thread, I've taken the decision to block all non-production car nominations from this point. Even if they're based on an existing drivetrain. No more concepts, please.

In part. But as with race cars, there are people either unwilling to vote on concepts that can never be available to the public or not yet available, or go down the SUBCC route since coolness can't be determined alongside production vehicles that are more than just fantasy given form as an exercise in design or technology.
So it's seems that my GR-1 and @ThrasherDBS ' Scighera nomination will be the last concept cars that will be polled. Oh well I wonder which of the two will be better but that is reserved until both cars are now polled.

My Nomination wasn't put in the queue, it should be behind @tarnheld nomination.

1994 - 2012 Mitsubishi Pajero Mini

Mitsubishi_Pajero_Mini_109.JPG

001_o.jpg

Mitsubishi_Pajero_Mini_Skipper_rear.jpg

Body Style: 3 Door SUV
Engine: 660cc(Kei car regulations with Turbo and non Turbo)
Power Output: 52hp - 63hp
Torque: 46 lb-ft - 72lb-ft
Weight: 850kg - 990kg
Transmission: 5 speed Manual, 3 speed Automatic, 4 Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: Front Engine Rear Wheel drive/All wheel drive
Additional Information: A Mitsubishi Pajero in Kei car form, Every model that came out resembled the face lift of the Bigger Original Pajero of the time. It's significantly shorter Wheelbase and Lighter weight made this just as usable offroad as the Original Pajero despite being restricted by the Kei car regulations, Also came in a more Road Friendly RWD version in the Base model XR.

1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am
Pontiac_Grand_Am_SE_sedan_--_12-23-2011.jpg

Body Style:
two-door coupe, four-door sedan
Engine: 2.2L L61 Ecotec four cylinder, 2.4L LD9 twin-cam four-cylinder, 3.4L LA1 3400 V6
Power Output: 140-175 horsepower
Torque: 155-205 lb-ft
Weight: 1391-1413 kilograms
Transmission: four speed automatic, five speed manual
Drivetrain: front engine, front wheel drive
pontiac_grand_am_se_coupe-pic-244538395825053064.jpg
pontiac_grand_am_se-pic-6847319149405053052.jpg
pontiac ga.jpg
pontiac gta.jpg

2009-2012 Mazda RX-8
Mazda_RX-8_SPIRIT_R_%28SE3P%29_front.JPG

Body Style:
2-door coupé
Engine: 1.3 liter 2-rotor Wankel
Power: 212 HP (automatic transmission models), 232 HP (manual transmission models)
Torque: 159 ft-lb
Weight: 1,350 - 1,410 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Mazda introduced a major update for their RX-8 for the 2009 model year. Among the improvements over the 2003-2008 RX-8 were improved body rigidity through the addition of structural reinforcements, revised rear suspension for better handling, shortened final drive gear ratio (1.444 to 1.477) to make the car faster off the line, a revised Renesis engine adding a third oil injection port in each rotor housing to feed oil to the middle of the rotor facing, which improved many of the engine issues found in earlier models of the RX-8, and an updated look to freshen the appearance of the car. There were four model trims sold from 2009 to 2012: Sport, Grand Touring, R3, and Spirit R. The R3 trim was introduced for the 2009 model year, with a slightly improved suspension by adding Bilstein shock absorbers, a foam filled front crossmember to improve rigidity, a lower front end bumper sporting a splitter, lower side sills, and a standard rear spoiler, and special Recaro seats. The Spirit R was introduced for the 2012 model year for the Japanese market built as a celebration for the end of RX-8 production. RX-8 production ended on June 22, 2012, one day after Mazda rotary engine production ended.

I'm a bit more concerned with the fact that he decided to add additional pictures without putting them in a Spoiler tag, quite frankly. There's no need to have four or five pictures in one post causing loading issues...
Spoilers don't help with loading, it mainly helps with managing space on the page.

Spoilers don't help with loading, it mainly helps with managing space on the page.

Fair enough, point taken. But nevertheless, even just for the sake of organization, it would be wiser to keep all bonus pictures within a spoiler tag. One picture showing is enough to present the car, the rest can come in a spoiler tag.

Porsche 944 Turbo (Produced 1985-1991)
Porsche-944-Turbo-front.jpg

Body Style: 2 door coupé
Engine: M44/52: 8 valve SHOC inline 4
Power Output: 247 HP @ 6000 RPM
Torque: 258 ft-lb @ 4000 RPM
Weight: 1360 kg
Transmission: 5 speed manual stick shift
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive

Can I nominate the Mclaren F1 LM? I actually debating if I can nominate the F1 LM despite being a road version of the F1 GTR.

It is a road version, so I see nothing wrong with it.
Alright. Heres my next nomination:

1995 Mclaren F1 LM
F1LM%20Front.jpg

Body style:
2-door Coupe
Engine: 6.1L S70/2 BMW V12
Power Output: 680hp @ 7,800rpm
Torque: 705.0 nm / 520.0 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm
Weight: 1062 kg
Transmission: Transverse 6-speed Manual
Drivetrain: Middle Engine- Rear Drive

Additional information:
Twenty years ago this month McLaren scored a famous victory at the 1995 24 Hours of Le Mans. Not only was the McLaren F1 GTR essentially a converted road car competing against purpose-built sports prototype racers, but it was also the first entry by McLaren in the world-famous endurance race. Yet we finished 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 13th, and remain the only manufacturer to win Le Mans at their first attempt.

How did we celebrate? We sprayed champagne on the podium – as every winner does – and we held a party for all the customer teams that raced an F1 GTR at Le Mans, but we also built a road-legal version of the victorious McLaren. A barely sanitised version of the 24-hour race machines, it was lighter and more focused than the road-going McLaren F1, actually even more powerful than its competition compatriot from the track, and rarer than both. It was the McLaren F1 LM.

‘After Le Mans, and the win, and after the euphoria had died down, I started thinking we should do something to celebrate,’ remembers former McLaren Cars Technical Director Gordon Murray. ‘And as the road car had gone to Le Mans and won, what about making a road version with the kit from Le Mans? We’ve got the kit, made the wing, made the bodywork, got the engine that revs higher, so why not put it into a limited edition?’

From the outset it was clear that this was not going to be a cosmetic exercise, a Le Mans edition in name only. ‘It was a very hardcore road car,’ says Barry Lett, Chief Designer on the McLaren F1 GTR, and now Chief Designer of McLaren Future Vehicle Platforms. ’It had to be homologated to go on the road, but we tried to keep the essence of what had been achieved at Le Mans. It was lightweight, and featured lots of the racing parts that could be fitted onto the road car.’

Those parts included a ground-effects underbody, unique front bodywork, a rear diffuser and a carbon fibre rear wing engraved with the legend ‘GTR-24 Heures du Mans Winners 1995’. The wheels grew in width, and from 17in to 18in in diameter, while the gearbox contained racing-style straight-cut gears.

Inside the pared-down cabin, a carbon fibre race seat for the driver was flanked by two passenger seats moulded into the car’s carbon fibre monocoque. ‘We thought about only having the single central seat, but quickly realised that owners would want to share the experience with friends,’ explains McLaren Design Operations Manager, Mark Roberts. ‘So we added Alcantara pads to the monocoque, but maintained the visual focus on the central seat by contrasting that in orange. And rather than have the complete F1 GTR fuse box fill the right-hand-side passenger footwell, we designed a new smaller switch panel to allow for more legroom. There was a wider titanium throttle pedal too, each car came supplied with helicopter-style headsets with the F1 LM’s chassis number on them, and even the handbrake had lightening pockets mimicking the “fifth bridge” suspension cross-member in the engine bay.’ All in, with weight savings inside and out, at 1062kg the F1 LM was some 78kg less than that of a conventional F1 road car.'

Perhaps the F1 LM’s most striking feature, though, was an engine built to the specification of the GTR race cars, but without the power-sapping air restrictors that racing regulations required them to run. While the road-going F1 produced 627bhp and the F1 GTR racer 600bhp, the F1 LM’s unfettered 6.1-litre V12 produced an incredible 680bhp at 7800rpm.

‘If you do the sums, a McLaren F1 LM has the same power to weight ratio as a McLaren P1™,’ explains Gordon Murray, ‘so it was a really quick motor car. You think you’ll never feel the difference. I mean the F1 was so quick anyway, you’re never going to feel 50bhp and 80kg, but the first time I took it out I went up to about 150mph and just couldn’t believe how much quicker it was than the standard road car.’

The F1 LM established exactly how quick it was in the summer of 1999 when Andy Wallace, who had finished third at Le Mans in 1995 and previously been at the wheel for the standard F1’s 240.1mph top speed run at Ehra-Lessien, took one from rest to 100mph and back again in a record-breaking 11.5 seconds.

That record was set in the original ‘XP1 LM’ prototype, built in 1995 and on display today at the McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) in Woking, England, while a further five F1 LMs were built for customers. ‘The problem I had with the McLaren F1 LM,’ remembers Gordon Murray, ‘was to decide how many to build. We had no idea who would be interested – because it was at a premium over the road version – so eventually I picked five cars because five cars finished the race at Le Mans.

All six cars constructed (five for customers, plus XP1 LM) came painted in the orange with which the F1 LM is most closely associated. ‘I had picked the colour scheme for all the F1 GTR prototypes,’ says Gordon, ‘so in ’95, I introduced orange from the old McLaren Orange from Bruce McLaren’s days, so that was orange and silver. Then we went bright red with a great big yellow “GTR” for the ’96 car. And with the 1997 Longtail we went completely bananas with the squiggly stuff. So with the F1 LM, I thought it would just be a fitting tribute to Bruce to go back to McLaren Orange.’

Today, those orange F1 LMs are among the most recognisable of all McLaren F1s, the car itself revered as among the purest of all translations of a racing car for road use – the irony being, of course, that the F1 had never been planned as anything other than a road car. ‘I drove all the cars, the road cars, the GTR, and the F1 LM,’ says Gordon. ‘The F1 LM was the most memorable.’

Additional images:
F1LM%20rear.jpg

F1%20LM%204%20pic.jpg

F1LM%20profile.jpg

Last edited:
2016- BMW M140i
2015-bmw-m135i-design-images-10-750x500.jpg

Body style: 3-door or 5-door hatchback
Engine: 3.0L B58 turbocharged BMW I6
Power output: 340hp @ 5800 rpm
Torque: 369 lb-ft @ 1500-4500 rpm
Weight: 1500-1595 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual or 8-speed ZF automatic
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel or All Wheel Drive (auto only)
Additional information: This is the only hatchback on the market available in Rear Wheel Drive. It does 0-60 in 4.8s (4.6 with xDrive AWD). Top speed is 250km/h (155mph).
2015-BMW-M135i-Estoril-Blau-F21-LCI-UK-02-750x500.jpg

bmw-1-series-3-door-sports-hatch-3-0-m135i-605460084-2.jpg

bmw-m140i-2016-340-ps-0te.jpg

bmw-m140i-2016-340-ps-05.jpg

bmw-m135i-sapphire-black-images-04.jpg

2015-bmw-m135i-interior-images-02.jpg

Last edited:
1995-1999 Buick Riviera
pictures-of-buick-riviera-1996-286282.jpg

Body style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 3.8L naturally aspirated L36 Buick V6 or 3.8L supercharged L67 Buick V6
Power output: 205-240 HP
Torque: 230-280 lb-ft
Weight: 1,718 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
My Thoughts: This car is one of the ugliest cars of all time in my opinion. The front looks overdone, and the rear is just disguistingly awful. Also, FWD NEVER works in a sports coupe, something that Buick failed to realize when making this car. Mix it with a 4-speed auto and an extremely heavy curb weight, you've got a recipe for a car in hell.​

1987-1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

022.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 2.3 L Lima I4
Power Output: 190 HP
Torque: 200 ft-lb
Weight: 1,549 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Additional information: For the 1987 model year, the exterior of the Thunderbird was updated to further improve its aerodynamic performance. The headlights were changed from sealed-beam units to flush-mounted composite units and the rear quarter glass was also flush-mounted. Thunderbird Turbo Coupes were distinguished by their own front bodywork, which did away with a traditional front grille, featuring functional hood scoops directed to the intercooler. In sharp contrast to the Thunderbirds of a decade before, chrome trim was used only sparingly; on Turbo Coupes, the only chrome trim on the entire car was the Thunderbird emblems and lettering.

Make an exception to the very first rule in the thread which would inevitably incite other members to request a second nomination before their first one is polled? Yeah... nope.

What's wrong with waiting one more week?
I didn't even see rule 1. Sorry! I'll wait.

1997-2003 Toyota Prius (XW10)
280px-1st_Toyota_Prius_--_07-28-2011.jpg

Body Style:
4-door sedan
Engine: 1.5L 1NZ-NXE I4 + 288 volt battery (NHW10), with VVT-i + 273.6 volt battery (NHW11)
Power: 98 hp (NHW10), 114 hp (NHW11) (both when combining gas and electric motors)
Torque: 300 lb-ft (NHW10), 340 lb-ft (NHW11) (both when combining gas and electric motors)
Weight: 2,765 lbs.
Transmission: 1-speed planetary gear
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
Additional Information: This Prius was the first mass-produced hybrid vehicle. It was initially only sold in Japan, but starting in 2000 models were exported to other areas. The NHW10 was the domestic model, and the NHW11 was the imported model.

2008-2015 Cadillac CTS-V
1920px-2nd_Cadillac_CTS-V_--_04-10-2011.jpg

Body Style:
4-door sedan, 5-door wagon, 2-door coupe
Engine: 6.2 litre supercharged V8
Power: 556hp
Torque: 551 ft lbs
Weight: 1,928kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6 speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: The second generation CTS-V shares a detuned version of it's powerplant with the C6 Corvette ZR1 and Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. The sedan held the fastest Nurburging lap time for a production 4-door from 2008 to 2009. Production of the sedan and wagon ended in 2014 whilst the coupe continued until 2015.

Last edited:
Back