Registration for the finals now open - the real deal

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 51 comments
Last year it lasted like a bazzilion weeks, with restart after restart, tracks changed, rounds cancelled. I think its a blessing that it doesn't last any longer. Hopefully they'll use lots of cones to limit cutting so there aren't any restarts.

Last edited:
Registered for the heck of it....free cars...add to the number of participants...etc.

Best of luck to all those who are putting their hearts into going to the finals. It's a wild ride! :cheers:

Didn't see this earlier. As mentioned in the other thread, I'm registered.

@R1600, why would you wait for anything like this contest w/ the talent you have. Haven't you read or heard stories of broke dick highly talented drivers who sacrafice everything to go to where there are any chances of getting the ear of the power brokers who are dieing to find talented drivers to push their iron? I hope you don't wait and let life pass you by, going for the easy stuff. I couldn't start racing until I was 16 and I was already 10 years in the rears against guys who had started much earlier.

Last edited:
If anyones read the rules put forward this took my eye straight away

7.7.Six (6) winners from UK and Ireland will be selected from Qualifying Entrants participating in the Territory final.

Very interesting that!!

If anyones read the rules put forward this took my eye straight away

7.7.Six (6) winners from UK and Ireland will be selected from Qualifying Entrants participating in the Territory final.

Very interesting that!!

I noticed that to, they obviously think the talent is to great so have increased the amount of winners of the nationals (I believe there were only 2 winners last year). This could also tie in with Nissan offering some of the national winners the chance to race for them at a national level :)

@R1600, why would you wait for anything like this contest w/ the talent you have. Haven't you read or heard stories of broke dick highly talented drivers who sacrafice everything to go to where there are any chances of getting the ear of the power brokers who are dieing to find talented drivers to push their iron? I hope you don't wait and let life pass you by, going for the easy stuff. I couldn't start racing until I was 16 and I was already 10 years in the rears against guys who had started much earlier.

It's all about who you know....which is nobody in my case. No money, no people in the business, no ride.

Life has already passed me by.

Go Tidgney 👍

hehe well this is my best chance, especially when compared to last year when I was a wheel novice compared to the pad, and this year im far more fit! I exercise 12 times a week, so hopefully this will all pay off :)!

I noticed that to, they obviously think the talent is to great so have increased the amount of winners of the nationals (I believe there were only 2 winners last year). This could also tie in with Nissan offering some of the national winners the chance to race for them at a national level :)

Ye all previous years it's been 2, not sure about the 2 previous years but last year they also picked a reserve driver (3rd place) which was announced on the day to!

True. Although chances of us making it again with 3x the participants was very slim. Would have been nice to have a chance though.

You keep saying this but you gotta remember thay you've also had a whole year to improve your skills. I think the ruling is fair.

You keep saying this but you gotta remember thay you've also had a whole year to improve your skills. I think the ruling is fair.

I hardly think I've improved, in fact I think I'm worse at time trials now. :lol:

My skills have moved away from fast laps and more towards tire saving/consistency. We'll find out where I end up in a couple weeks. They'll just have to skip over me.

It's all about who you know....which is nobody in my case. No money, no people in the business, no ride.

Don't feel too bad I've been in the same boat as you for my life. Granted I'm only about to turn 24 but I've been trying to break into racing since the Red Bull Driver Search in 2005. I actually qualified but my dad wouldn't sign to release form because I would have missed school.

Last year I had a chance to make the finals for GTA but had to stop turning laps because the Orlando date would have forced me to drop out of college with 3 weeks left. Then I went to work for Skip Barber and mechanics are not even given any track time.

You and I should form a fund for poor talented drivers, then race all the endurance events that the Academy drivers are and take the fight to them :sly:

Although, since I removed myself last year before the finals I am eligible this year.

Why I cannot register? I live in Belgium, Im participating in GT Academy 2012 and currently lapping 8-5 in the 1.32.9xx

So i went to the ps network and i got this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/dieguezzz/Naamloos.jpg

(Your PSN does not belong to a valid country or area)

Has anyone got this kind of problems also? And what can i do to actually register?
Thank u in advance ;) my PSN is dieguezzz02 if anyone wants a clean and fair buddy on their drivers list

Back