RIP Cartoon Network

• Thread starter Earth
  • 52 comments
GTP_Royalton
Now they're showing live action movies and they've just renewed thier contract with live action Destroy, build, destroy for another season.

Fingers crossed for some sort of 24/7 anime channel to be picked up by DirecTV

The quality of the cartoons they showed has dropped dramatically over the past 10 years, now they have reality TV shows.

So Cartoon Network is dead to me

Yeah, they're being more like Nickelodeon now. Back when Nick was good, that is. I don't see this as necessarily bad. However, they need better cartoons with real geniuses on the level of Gendy Tartakovsky or beyond behind them. A lot of their cartoon producers/directors now are just wacked out dropouts. Seriously, I wouldn't want these guys making a show for my kids. All the good people are looking for shows on the [AS] block now, though. That's where the big bucks are. But it still baffles me how they eat up time with those fruitcakes behind Tom Goes and Tim and Eric.

Tom Goes to the Mayor and Tim and Eric are excellent shows, especially Tom Goes To The Mayor. Best adult swim show ever for me.

Shows that need the viewer to be on drugs are not good shows.

They died for me once they were done with Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd and Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Cow and Chicken and I am Weasel.

So...who else has seen the Ed, Edd & Eddy movie?

1235394148796.jpg

Pretty much every station has died to me.

Cartoon Network (Wtf is a cartoon reality show?)
G4
Speed Channel
TBS
TNT...

You get the point. 21st century, I'm telling you, so far boring as 🤬

Why G4 is focusing on everything else but games (primarily) is beyond me.
Why Cartoon Network is showing real life (note the irony already) series' which are basically ripped-off "light" versions of Mythbusters, Tosh.O, and Man vs. Cartoon is beyond me.

S'my rant for the day. :lol:

So... Two or so hours of live-action programming a week makes a network "dead" now? Hm. I'd tend to disagree. I'd say that the overall majority of the content on Cartoon Network is top-notch. Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Flapjack, Chowder, Stoked (my new favorite show on the network), 6teen, as well as the typical [Adult Swim] lineup... This is not an apocalyptic time at Time Warner.

Now that I've got most of my awesome cable channels back after the switch to AT&T, I'm more or less upset with how terrible things have gotten at VH1 and MTV by comparison to FUSE and the like. But, that's just me...

Top notch?

You are a mad man. :lol:

Joking aside, Cartoon Network has become the rough equivalent to what Speed has become. It's been ruined with these so-called cartoon series that just aren't entertaining, or at least funny unless you're doped up or something. The art styles are ridiculous. Perhaps I'm too (too) old school.

Who knows. I love my Boomerang, so that probably says it all.

Also, aside from CN what the hell is the hype and popularity with Reality TV? Who wants to sit in a couch and watch how other people go to the store, listen to music, eat, argue, and go to sleep? Walk outside and you can live in reality everyday. There's just no need for it.

Ventriloquist Cat = Win.

Meow...meow!!!

I'm going to watch that now. Thank you. 👍

Uh, I doubt everybody here knows who Tex Avery was, so here are some of my personal favorites...

*vids*

LOL, the mother in law one.Favorite of all time ;).

There was also this one cartoon. It was about a guy(1#) who died and went to heaven, and before he enterd the doors to heaven he need to speak with another guy(2#) and tell his story about how he died. And they couldnt understand what the guy(1#) was saying beacuse he was talking with alot of idioms.
It wasn't a show but a quick mini cartoon. cant find it though.:indiff:

LOL, the mother in law one.Favorite of all time ;).

There was also this one cartoon. It was about a guy(1#) who died and went to heaven, and before he enterd the doors to heaven he need to speak with another guy(2#) and tell his story about how he died. And they couldnt understand what the guy(1#) was saying beacuse he was talking with alot of idioms.
It wasn't a show but a quick mini cartoon. cant find it though.:indiff:

Symphony In Slang

[YouTube]zec1gtauPkI[/YouTube]

So... Two or so hours of live-action programming a week makes a network "dead" now? Hm. I'd tend to disagree. I'd say that the overall majority of the content on Cartoon Network is top-notch.
Cartoon Network has been failing ever since they killed off Toonami, personally, but the de-emphasis of the "Cartoon" part since then has been the death blow.
Of course, I consider the recently announced sterilization of Nick to be even worse.

First they killed the older cartoons like the Jetsons/Flintstones and then shortened toonami and degraded its shows until it got phased out. when they brought out this logo:

cartoonnetwork_0.jpg

It was all over. I watch boomerang now if anything, and I'm only 17, I grew up on cartoon network.

I'm still laughing at the prospect of live-action programming being shown on a channel that's specifically called Cartoon Network. :odd:

That's the equivalent of the Food Network showing, say, Terminator 2.

I grew up watching Cartoon Network, well, don't all kids do? At a point, it as all that I watched, but then, They cut Toonami down to size, Out Of Jimmy's Head, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Too much Ben 10(although Ben 10 was a decent show), Squirrel Boy, an many, MANY more. When they axed Ed,Edd, and Eddy, that did it, I grew up watching that show every day of my life when I was like 3. After it go too boring, I moved over to the Nickolodeon side permanently, with their good shows, like Spongebob, Avatar, Danny Phantom etc. and the sitcoms were the best part, Drake and Josh was my favourite show at the time when it still had new episodes. Up to this day, Nick is still number 1 in my books, they still have good cartoons and good sitcoms. The sitcoms on Nick tower over that of Disney on the comedy level and the cartoons tower over Cartoon Network, which I don't watch anymore. I might watch whatever bit of Tom and Jerry(not Tales) I see, but nothing else.

Last edited:
Back