RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Nismo has no chance :D Amuse on the other hand…I feel a race coming on…

Apparently both of us spammed this page. :guilty:

Tested again on Fuji, the Z-tune lost yet again. Even with sports hard tires, the RKM R34 was able to school the NISMO R34. With a 6 second difference.

RKM - 2, NISMO - 0.

This will be the end of the battle until I know what kind of tires the Potenza RE-55S are. Congratulations.

Is the Z-tune modified in anyway?

From what I can look up from the internet, a stock R34 weights around 1540-1600kg. The RKM version weights in at 1264kg.

If the Z tune isn't modified in anyway, these tests only appear to me as a one sided comparison. Even with the same amount of HP, the car carrying about 270kg less weight is going to have an immense advantage over the other.

I'm not trying to say that the RKM tune doesn't improve the car's performance, but to me these test aren't done in a fair manner to both of the cars.

Is the Z-tune modified in anyway?

From what I can look up from the internet, a stock R34 weights around 1540-1600kg. The RKM version weights in at 1264kg.

If the Z tune isn't modified in anyway, these tests only appear to me as a one sided comparison. Even with the same amount of HP, the car carrying about 270kg less weight is going to have an immense advantage over the other.

I'm not trying to say that the RKM tune doesn't improve the car's performance, but to me these test aren't done in a fair manner to both of the cars.

Well, I ran the test before I noticed the weight difference. Still, one of my questions gets answered with this comparison.

The Z-tune has about 50 HP more than the RKM R34, and the RKM R34 lacks so much high-end torque, maybe that would cover stuff up.

I think I'll contribute to the Nismo vs RKM @ Fuji laptime with a lap in the R34 of 1:47.152.
Not too bad, but not my best, when I drove there in Prologue, I could lap it in 1:45.xxx-1:40.xxx…

Edit: Done some checking and it seems like the other set of tires are for 'sports driving on closed circuits' If we translate that into GT5 language, I'm guessing they're the sports tires range…possibly sports softs…

Well the Mine's GTR is running sports softs stock, so i don't know…sports mediums maybe?

Edit: Roj, I will never complain about you being too slow in releasing tunes when you don't have the motivation to do so again, cuz now I know how it feels like to lack motivation…ok, my lack of motivation might not be as important as yours, but still, I'll just be off spamming the thread until I've got my motivation back to make reviews…

Last edited:
Well the Mine's GTR is running sports softs stock, so i don't know…sports mediums maybe?

Edit: Roj, I will never complain about you being too slow in releasing tunes when you don't have the motivation to do so again, cuz now I know how it feels like to lack motivation…ok, my lack of motivation might not be as important as yours, but still, I'll just be off spamming the thread until I've got my motivation back to make reviews…

Most cars in GT5 come with either comfort mediums, comfort softs or sports hard unless it's a tuner car or a race car. I'd say sports hards would be a suitable tyre to represent the Bridgestone tyres.

Haha. :P I'll have something by the end of the month.

Hmmm…hopefully this 'final tune before the 1 month break' will be enough to stir my blood and get me typing up a review, but until then, I'll be off from reviewing for 2 or three days, so I won't be gone for that long…

Hmmm…hopefully this 'final tune before the 1 month break' will be enough to stir my blood and get me typing up a review, but until then, I'll be off from reviewing for 2 or three days, so I won't be gone for that long…

No I meant the end of May. So there's still June after then I'm off for the entire month of July until the beginning of August. So there's still a month before the 1 month break. :P

I tried out the RKM NGT last night (RUF RGT) so here is my somewhat cheesy, but creative review of it.

The Car:
I walk into my virtual GT garage and flick on the light, the lights buzz and reveals all my beautiful virtual rides, some for show, some for fun, and others to kick major butt on the track. Sitting in the front row are my Corvette ZR1, Ford GT, Nissan GT-R, and Camaro SS, looking around the garage reveals a mass array of over 400 cars, including a Bugatti Veyron and Red Bull X2010. As I continue to glance around the garage, I notice my bright orange Ruf RGT sitting in the back corner behind a pair of Vipers, I walk over to the car, and just stare, the front bumper is dented badly and the front two tires are flat. The last time I drove this car was at the Nurburgring, it was completley stock and has a used set of tires on it, after coming off the back straight, the back wheels caught the edge of the grass and the car went spinning wildly before finally hitting the wall, luckily I was okay, but I couldn't say the same for the RUF.. the car was loaded onto a tow truck and sent back to my garage where it would sleep silently for the next 3 months. After the flash back I thought, "Why don't I bring it back from the dead?" I scanned the interwebz for a good RGT tune and eventually came across RKM's tune, called the RKM NGT, I looked over it and thought, "this sounds great" I ordered all the part required, although I opted for Semi-Racing exhaust instead of full racing exhaust and took it to my local GT Auto. Me and the guys at GT Auto worked hard for quite a long time, first fixing the dents, washing the car, changing the oil, and rebuilding the flat six engine. After all that, we began fitting all the parts and setting the car up to RKM specs and after many hours of blood, sweat, and tears, the car was ready! I unlocked the doors, sat in the seat, closed the door, and bucked into the racing harness. I inserted the key into the ignition and started the car, the flat six engine roared to life and it sounded amazing, especially with the semi-racing exhaust equipped. I put the car into first gear and edged out of the garage toward the edge of the road, I made sure the way was clear and I gunned it onto the road and continued until I reached 150 mph. I continued for about 30 miles until a entered the town of Nurburg, Germany, home of.. well I think we all know what this is the home of...

The Drive:

I pulled onto the track, and noticed I was alone today, so I took advantage of the opportunity to really test the car and push it to its limits. I came into the first corner, and took it much faster than I did when the car was stock, and continued around the course, the car felt excellent, it was a perfect balance of grip and speed, but it still had that mild hint of wild to it, which to me is perfect. I managed 201 mph down the back stretch and never lost control once, although I came close once our twice. If you're looking for a tune to make you're RGT manageable, fast, but with a little bit of a wild side, then I 100% recommend RKM's tune for the RUF RGT, The RKM NGT!

I'd like to request a tune now if thats alright..

GTP Name: Mac K
PSN Name: macospet1
Your Car: Corvette C6 Z06(Non RM)
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: Work your magic, come up with something you think will be good.
Link To Review: RKM NGT: In This Post:P

Forget all that, scrap all that rubbish! I've not lost my motivation, I just couldn't find the right car to review to get it going…

Car: Nissan R34 RKM Edition
Stats: 461hp/8300rpm
421ft-lb/5300rpm
1264kg

Test Track: Fuji Speedway F
Laptime: 1:47.007
1:44.872 (w/draft in Super GT race)
The stereotypical GTR, what springs to mind? Big exhaust, 800+hp, awful handling, incapable of cornering, no interior and an idiot behind the wheel. Well, not this one. This may have a very big exhaust, and it might have only got 461hp, but it drives so much better that you’d expect. Understeer is there, but only to be vanquished by what was once the most advanced 4WD system in the world. Once the computers have done their job though, you’re left to play with the refined chassis of this legendary machine. It grips, but just tap on the brakes, not slam on them, just a tap, and the back end will loosen up, gracefully drifting its nose into the turn. It’s always a joy to do that, and on a track like Fuji, where most of the turns are tight and sharp, it means that I’ll enjoy my reunion with this track all the more.

----------------------------------------------- 5 races later ------------------------------------------------------

Oh, the race is over? Right, um, what else can I say about this? Well, it handles fantastically, as I said before. And it’s remarkably quick for a ‘moderately tuned‘ R34. I topped 172mph coming down the straight. The brakes are a bit soft, but after a few laps, you’ll get used to it. And…it’s absolutely addicting to drive. In fact, this will be my…1,2,3,4,5,6…7th race on Fuji with this car. Still not bored. Still feels fantastic. And that means I’ll be off for another race. But you know what? This car is different from any other I’ve driven. Not because of the grip, not because of the power, but because it speaks to me, it tells me that I could keep going. I thought I was done with Fuji when I finished my last race (in first, the default position) in Prologue. And I was right, my main weapon, the Ford GT, had turned into a tail happy pig, the NSX was far too pricey and ignorable, and Fuji was overshadowed by the massive amounts of tracks in GT5. And as such, my skills here have diminished. But this car gave me the confidence to drive here, again and again, giving me a chance to relearn Fuji without the fear of an ego destroying crash. And as a bonus, it can put up quite a good fight against JGTC cars. This road legal R34 on sports softs could very easily keep up with a JGTC NSX on racing hards through the tight turns of Fuji, but although the GTR will be left in the dust on the straights, with such a power and weight disadvantage, what do you expect? I love this car though, more than I ever could. Now, just one more race before I start preparing for my next review.

My motivation is back.

I do believe your R34 told the same words as mine too.

Well, they do share the same tune, so it's only right that they speak with the same voice.

If you're interested, mine is painted white with titanium gray wheels, so not as ricey as a GTR should be 👍

M3 CSL Review:

WOW! Is all I can say! This car is very controllable and grips like a charm as long as you don't gun it to early. I managed a 6:46 around the ring. I'm no ring king by any means but this car is so easy to predict that the time seems to come naturally!

This car is quite honestly one of the best for 600pp and less. I was getting kicked out of many rooms for constantly winning. It's an absolute beast around it's pp! Like I said earlier though, Too much too early gives you a high risk of spinning out. This effect is highlighted when you dare to go with 0 TCS. Once you start finding the perfect balances of speed at the apex of the turn, you tend to remember that this is an FR car and no matter what you do to it, the understeer will always be there once you accelerate out of the turn. After a while it becomes curable through habit and through getting used to.

I had a lot of fun using this car to beat my old records and it seemed to like me a lot in return. I find that it isn't really that nimble through quick turns but maybe that's just me. Once you put it on a straight, it doesn't want to slow down at all!

To those now worrying about what I wrote so far, stop worrying. Get the car, tune it by RKM and have the time of your life! These are merely my thoughts to the matter.

I give this car 9.65/10
It's an awesome car and everytime I drive it I can't get over the fact that I'm having this much fun in a BMW! :sly:

Car: Nissan R34 RKM Edition
Thanks for the review! Although I think your R34 is malfunctioning. When mine talks, it screams DORIYAA and SORIYAA and then oggles the pit girls. :lol: I'm a lot happier with my R34 after it's revision though so yeah. :D
Roj, I dedicated my latest gallery images to you with 2 of your tuned cars.

Onboy123, check it out if you want to see how my RKM R34 looks like. I got a surprise for you there. ;)
Ah. :dopey: How very nice. :D
M3 CSL Review:

Well BMW do make the ultimate driving machines so it's only right we stick to that idea when tuning. :D Glad you liked it! Were you testing online? Offline it just wont spin at all, just grips and goes like a mad man. :lol: Thanks for the review!

What about me? :P

Oh sorry, thought RJ spoke to you already. I leave RJ to reply to his own tune reviews you see. :P As for the request, sure can do, but you'll have to wait I'm afraid. I'm going on holiday for 5 weeks beginning in July so I cant take anything more until August. I'm trying to get my current mountain of requests out the door before I leave. RJ's PS3 is dead so he cant take anything full stop.

So unless RJ gets a PS3 before my return, sorry but it'll have to be in August. 👍

Well BMW do make the ultimate driving machines so it's only right we stick to that idea when tuning. :D Glad you liked it! Were you testing online? Offline it just wont spin at all, just grips and goes like a mad man. :lol: Thanks for the review!
No problem for the review!

I was testing online.

Could I request a tune for the '07 Skyline Coupe 370GT? In the Nissan Dealership? With Racing softs :sly:

No problem for the review!

I was testing online.

Could I request a tune for the '07 Skyline Coupe 370GT? In the Nissan Dealership? With Racing softs :sly:
Oh sorry, thought RJ spoke to you already. I leave RJ to reply to his own tune reviews you see. :P As for the request, sure can do, but you'll have to wait I'm afraid. I'm going on holiday for 5 weeks beginning in July so I cant take anything more until August. I'm trying to get my current mountain of requests out the door before I leave. RJ's PS3 is dead so he cant take anything full stop.

So unless RJ gets a PS3 before my return, sorry but it'll have to be in August.
👍

Refering you to the previous post I made so I dont have to repeat myself. :P

RJ has done a 370GT tune though, but on sports soft tyres. I'm sure it'll work with racing soft tyres.

Just curious, do you think this tune would work on an 03 M3 GTR? I think the GTR will have a bit more power fully tuned

RKM Motorsport’s M3 CSL

M3CSL.jpg

M3CSL_Big.jpg

Based on: BMW M3 CSL ‘03
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 500 BHP (@ 18,195.8 miles)
Torque:---- 47 kgfm
Weight:---- 1153 kg
PP:-------- 566

PARTS
GT Auto

Type C Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.303
2nd:-- 2.247
3rd:-- 1.678
4th:-- 1.313
5th:-- 1.095
6th:-- 0.954
Final: 3.550
Max Speed: 211 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/13
Accel:-- 0/25
Braking: 0/10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 12.0/11.9
Extension:-- 8/8
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 4/5
Camber:----- 2.5/1.8
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
ImprezaAddict wanted us to tune a maxed out M3 CSL on racing soft tyres. Usually, we wouldnt publically release such a tune, but when you drive this M3 CSL, you'll soon see why we consider it to be one of our best so far.

Please do not feed the CSL. It will eat anything, even an Enzo.

I would appreciate if I could have a drag tune for a civic siR eg 95 thanks
I dont have a clue how to tune for drag I'm afraid. Could try the drag garage that just opened up. Clicky.
Just curious, do you think this tune would work on an 03 M3 GTR? I think the GTR will have a bit more power fully tuned

GTR road car? Should do. The gearbox wont fit but if you get as close as possible then use a 3.400 or lower final gear to suit the power, it'll be fine.

Refering you to the previous post I made so I dont have to repeat myself. :P

RJ has done a 370GT tune though, but on sports soft tyres. I'm sure it'll work with racing soft tyres.

Oopsies! :dunce:

Thought that was the G37 Tune when I scrolled through it earlier. LOL

I'll think of something to request. :sly:

Thanks for the review! Although I think your R34 is malfunctioning. When mine talks, it screams DORIYAA and SORIYAA and then oggles the pit girls. :lol: I'm a lot happier with my R34 after it's revision though so yeah. :D

And is your R34 painted beige and does the driver look like a bloated balloon?

Nope and nope. Just watched too much Initial D, that's all. :P

On the subject of Initial D, has the fifth stage come out yet?? It's been ****ing forever since 4th came out! Anyways, what to review next………something here from RJ or to try something new from a different tune shop……any suggestions?

On the subject of Initial D, has the fifth stage come out yet?? It's been ****ing forever since 4th came out! Anyways, what to review next………something here from RJ or to try something new from a different tune shop……any suggestions?

The anime, no. The manga is still going though, so once that's gotten far enough, they'll make the anime series to catch up.

Review RJ's stuff. Infact I'm banning you from reviewing my tunes until you've reviewed all of RJ's tunes. At least all his road car tunes. :P Kidding about banning you, by the way.

:sly:

The anime, no. The manga is still going though, so once that's gotten far enough, they'll make the anime series to catch up.

Review RJ's stuff. Infact I'm banning you from reviewing my tunes until you've reviewed all of RJ's tunes. At least all his road car tunes. :P Kidding about banning you, by the way.

:sly:

Yes I know you were kidding…but I'll review what I can, because I think I'm out of cash though…and what happens if I finish review all of RJ's (road) cars before you release a tune? Do I get a reward? :D

Yes I know you were kidding…but I'll review what I can, because I think I'm out of cash though…and what happens if I finish review all of RJ's (road) cars before you release a tune? Do I get a reward? :D

Yes. Yes you do. Quickly now, before I release something. :P

Back