RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Ok, post the pic up here if you could and see if I'll swear at it. If I do, and chances are I will, then it passes as a crap colour scheme…

Well, it really isn't crap if the colours complement I could just do normal blue and normal orange, but that isn't as good looking and too bland. (Plus, I'm too lazy to put my PS3 to 1080i to use capture card)

Oh well, I guess I'm not one to speak seeing as I was the person who painted his NSX-R in AMG imola gray. It looks good (to me), but can be quite a boring colour scheme…

Yea, like an all blue car, but matte pink on an Evo IX RM with it's black wheels is really.... lets say... Awkwardly coloured.

Oh well, I guess I'm not one to speak seeing as I was the person who painted his NSX-R in AMG imola gray. It looks good (to me), but can be quite a boring colour scheme…

I remember the NSX you used in our shootout. The rims matches the body's color pretty well. 👍

After a bit of digging, I added 2 more goals to my operation. I'll keep the stuff here as a reference.

Car to use: RKM Skyline GT-R R34

Fuji
Car to beat: Nismo Skyline GT-R R34 Z-tune
TARGET TIME - 1:58.04X
TARGET TOP SPEED - 276 km/h (171 mph)
Video of target's lap:

Tsukuba
TARGET TIME - 1:01.15 in RE55S's (Sport softs?), 1:03.54 in RE-10R's (Comfort Softs?)
TARGET TOP SPEED - ??
Video of target's lap:

Skip at 9:40 for the Tsukuba hot lap.

Car to beat: Ferrari 360 Challenge
TARGET TIME - 1:02.44 in P-ZERO Corsa's (Sport softs?)
TARGET TOP SPEED - ??
Video of target's lap: Same with above

Last edited:
I remember the NSX you used in our shootout. The rims matches the body's color pretty well. 👍

Car to use: RKM Skyline GT-R R34

Fuji
TARGET TIME - 1:58.04X
TARGET TOP SPEED - 276 km/h (171 mph)

Thanks, I just changed and resprayed the wheels on that day, the wheels were matte black before that and the car was white…

And it'll easily beat that time if Roj's NSX on sports softs could lap Fuji in 1:43.xxx, still, if you have that car in GT5, we could always find out with a proper race :D It's been ages since I've had a race on Fuji…

Thanks, I just changed and resprayed the wheels on that day, the wheels were matte black before that and the car was white…

And it'll easily beat that time if Roj's NSX on sports softs could lap Fuji in 1:43.xxx, still, if you have that car in GT5, we could always find out with a proper race :D It's been ages since I've had a race on Fuji…

I didn't throw away the cars that I used in our shootout, so when PSN's back, we can have more 1-on-1's. 👍

About Fuji, I have to get its feel and rhythm before anything else though...

I didn't throw away the cars that I used in our shootout, so when PSN's back, we can have more 1-on-1's. 👍

About Fuji, I have to get its feel and rhythm before anything else though...

Good, good, good 👍 I guess we could finish what we planned for RJ's arguement and post it here as reviews for the cars we used against the 22.

And good luck with that, cuz all I need to do is get reunited with my old friend Fuji…can't wait :D

RJ, if I reverse the ride height settings on the STI S400 so that it's -5 (front) and -15 (rear) instead of +15 (front) and +5 (rear), would it affect the handling or should it perform roughly the same?

Or it must be in the blood. :P

Say, I've replaced the RE-MG's of my orange R34 with that other BBS rims that's also on the 380RS, dunno what's the name though. Can I paint it blue to match that Prius and to make Onboy123 puke even moar? :P

BBS LM-R. :) And yes, you can. :P

Also about beating the Z-Tune's times. I gave my R34 1 lap around Fuji. Really no contest to be honest. Z-Tune is over 10 seconds slower. :lol:

Also guys, keep the banter to a minimum please, dont want to get too spammy in here. :)

BBS LM-R. :) And yes, you can. :P

Also about beating the Z-Tune's times. I gave my R34 1 lap around Fuji. Really no contest to be honest. Z-Tune is over 10 seconds slower. :lol:

Also guys, keep the banter to a minimum please, dont want to get too spammy in here. :)

NO HE CANNOT PAINT HIS R34 IN PUKE ORANGE!!! Not when I'm going to race it -.-

And we've changed the challenge, haven't we? I'll be driving the Z-tune and uMadson? will drive the R34 in another online race.

Would Ford purists rage on me for fully tuning a Ford GT '02 Prototype?

No…but I think you would, considering how bad it'll drive after full power (which is 800+ I think) So if you want to keep your wallet (and your sanity, for that matter), I wouldn't…Still, your choice, I haven't actually got one though…

No…but I think you would, considering how bad it'll drive after full power (which is 800+ I think) So if you want to keep your wallet (and your sanity, for that matter), I wouldn't…Still, your choice, I haven't actually got one though…

872hp, actually. It's for drag racing anyway, it doesn't need to corner.

NO HE CANNOT PAINT HIS R34 IN PUKE ORANGE!!! Not when I'm going to race it -.-

And we've changed the challenge, haven't we? I'll be driving the Z-tune and uMadson? will drive the R34 in another online race.
:lol:!

There's no Z-Tune in GT5 though. :boggled:
Would Ford purists rage on me for fully tuning a Ford GT '02 Prototype?

Yes, but don't worry, we'll sick the Chevy and Dodge guys on them. :lol:

Hey, uMadson?, quick question, is the R34 really that good? If it really is as good as you say it is, I might give it a proper review rather than the side roles it played.

Hey, uMadson?, quick question, is the R34 really that good? If it really is as good as you say it is, I might give it a proper review rather than the side roles it played.

Of course it's good. Try to either release the accelerator or just modulate it, depending on the corner, whenever the natural 4WD understeer kicks in. After all, it's a 4WD.

Oh ok then, and do you have a Nismo R34 R-Tune? If you do, then we have all the cars we need for the shootout at Fuji…

Nah, I don't. Or a Mine's R34 at default settings?

Well, the target was the Z-tune, wasn't it? So since GT5 doesn't have that car, we'll use the R-tune instead…
If needs be, I'll give you some cars for you to trade for it…

Well, the target was the Z-tune, wasn't it? So since GT5 doesn't have that car, we'll use the R-tune instead…
If needs be, I'll give you some cars for you to trade for it…

Uhh yeah, either the R-tune or the Mine's R34 are the closest to teh Z-tune, but it's more on the R-tune for now.

Wait, you have the R-tune too?

Uhh yeah, either the R-tune or the Mine's R34 are the closest to teh Z-tune, but it's more on the R-tune for now.

Wait, you have the R-tune too?

No, but if you don't want to part with your cars (and rightly so, it was my idea to do an online race in the first place), I can donate a few cars for you to trade with someone who has an R-tune…

Apparently Roj, there's one factor that should be considered - tires. The Z-tune runs on either the Potenza RE-01R or the Potenza RE-55S. After a bit of researching, the Potenza RE-01R is more of a performance-oriented street tire, or Comfort Softs. I dunno with the RE-55S though, anyone care to tell?

Anyways, after a bit of testing...

First up, with comfort softs. The Z-tune lapped around Tsukuba with RE-01R's in 1:03.54.

The RKM R34, strangely, was quite easy to drive in Comfort Softs, but all the understeer kicked in during braking. The car skidded a few times, but I loved it does some powersliding. It scored... 1:03.828. :grumpy:

Don't get mad at me, because that's just the first run to get used to the car. When I went all-out, it clocked in at 1:02.485. Boo-yah. :sly:

Ain't sure about the RE-55S so I'll call it off until I know what its compound is. For now, all that matters is this:

RKM - 1, NISMO - 0

But this is just part 1 though. Stay tuned.

Back