7    SannKiTTiS    GTPlay        64.988    19      19
8    Mr. P         GTPlanet      65.015    18      18
9    capo          SoGT          65.112    17      17
10   Womble        Torc Talk     65.170    16      16
11   Sylvain44     GTChallenge   65.176    15      15
12   MADFORCE      GTRP          65.291    14      14
13   turbotom      GTN           65.346    13      13
14   Godson        Team GTX      65.609    12      12
I will try to get the round results posted up before I go to work in the mornings - on a good day I will just have time - but in general it might have to wait until my lunch break, which will be about 5 hours after the deadline.

Congratulations to all the participants of the first round!

[EDIT] Here are links to all the current replays as of 19 September 2005.

Edmar - 1'04.761
Wickerman - 1'04.778
chris - 1'04.909
TM1 - 1'04.928
Slowpoke - 1'04.945
siberg - 1'04.979
SannKiTTis - 1'04.988
MrP - 1'05.015
capo - 1'05.112
Womble - 1'05.170
Sylvain44 - 1'05.176
MADFORCE - 1'05.291
Turbtom - 1'05.346
Godson - 1'05.609

Last edited by a moderator:
Times in the lead! Fantastic job, Edmar! 👍 :sly:

Congrats to Crazy Chris and TM1 for their podium spots. 👍

Is GTIRN disqualified? Would be sad :indiff:

Results are very close with all those 1'04.9's. Sweet :)

Some amazing superfast times for sure! Congrats to all the fasties especially Edmar 👍

Now lets see all those replays and get it over with :)

Here's my crappy slow effort :yuck:

Attachments

• Mr P BC5 round1 1.05.015.max
    20.2 KB · Views: 34
WTF?? where's our team entry??? i happen to know for a fact that wickerman's time was no slower than 1'04.806. what the hell happened???

RICO!!!!!

Great Job Edmar!

I wonder if GTIRN maybe sent their times to the wrong address ... wasn't the email address changed rather recently from replay to admin?

Rico shared GTIRNs time with us well before the deadline, as we had both submitted already, and we can vouch for this time if necessary and applicable.

Max E.
WTF?? where's our team entry??? i happen to know for a fact that wickerman's time was no slower than 1'04.806. what the hell happened???

RICO!!!!!
Rico PMed me this morning (before deadline) asking if Wickerman had submitted, but not giving a time. He also posted in the race thread (before deadline) saying that a time had been submitted. As of present time I have not seen any submittal from GTIRN, except that Arwin seemed to have info on Wickerman's run in his unofficial results post in the race thread.

SoGT submitted a time but it was time stamped 27 minutes after the deadline.

Nice run Edmar! Congrats to all of u!

jump_ace

Arwin
I wonder if GTIRN maybe sent their times to the wrong address ... wasn't the email address changed rather recently from replay to admin?
No, the rules always indicated that times were to be sent to bc5admin@gmail.com. The 'change' was only a clarification about what was supposed to happen to the replays.

Rico shared GTIRNs time with us well before the deadline, as we had both submitted already, and we can vouch for this time if necessary and applicable.
I would be willing to accept this IF and ONLY IF all the other Team Managers approve, and it would only be for this first round. I would want to see the same courtesy extended to SoGT as well since this is the first round and glitches are possible.

If the Team Managers opt to accept the two irregular submittals this round, ALL remaining round deadlines will be final, with NO late submittals accepted.

Managers, please give your verdict.

Duke
No, the rules always indicated that times were to be sent to bc5admin@gmail.com. The 'change' was only a clarification about what was supposed to happen to the replays.

I would be willing to accept this IF and ONLY IF all the other Team Managers approve, and it would only be for this first round. I would want to see the same courtesy extended to SoGT as well since this is the first round and glitches are possible.

If the Team Managers opt to accept the two irregular submittals this round, ALL remaining round deadlines will be final, with NO late submittals accepted.

This shouldn't even be up for voting, what is the point in having rules if we are just going to ignore them? It's a damn shame for sure, but please.

Duke

You let it happen in round 1 and it will follow in every round as people **** up left right and centre

You're just making the job harder by allowing .... just my opinion .... other rounds will cling onto the leniency shown in round 1

just my 2 pence :)

I've had serious problems with my gmail account, sometimes I was receiving mail with a delay of over a week... Don't use that account that much anymore, I hope those problems are solved now!

It's the same story every year. People late, missing times. Don't think this will ever change :indiff: But don't want to kill the BC at the first round already..

Duke
Rico PMed me this morning (before deadline) asking if Wickerman had submitted, but not giving a time. He also posted in the race thread (before deadline) saying that a time had been submitted. As of present time I have not seen any submittal from GTIRN, except that Arwin seemed to have info on Wickerman's run in his unofficial results post in the race thread.

Excuse me, Duke.

But do you now, we have in Germany "Summertime", thats GMT + 2 hours.
Please, look at the Worldtime
or look at this

Regardless of local time variances, GMT is always the same, so 12 noon GMT is never earlier or later than it is on another day.

Duke

I also agree with this as i stand behind my driver 100% and i know for a fact he made his run and was done with time to spare. since it is the first round and more than one team appears to be suffering from miscommunication due to it being the first submission, it should be allowed to pass for BOTH teams THIS ROUND ONLY. do we really want the boards challenge to be cold and heartless this time?? let's not let the lessons of the last few go unlearned. this is a gentleman's challenge and on my word as a gentleman, my driver made his run and the missed submission had to have just been a matter of confusion. going forward, no exceptions should be allowed but i can 100% assure the admin here that GTIRN will not have another submission problem, i'll see to that personally. our guys have worked their fingers to the bone here and to see it all go for naught on the first day of the comp would simply be catastrophic for all 12 of us. allowing the submissions of both teams will allow all of our respedctive team's members to continue enjoying this competition. with all due respect, i do not believe that something like this should cast 20+ men into bitter dispair. thanks for your consideration.

Congrats all finisher :)

here the GTRP Replay [PAL]

Attachments

• GTRP_MADFORCE_ROUND_1.max
    20.7 KB · Views: 25
The Rules state GMT as the deadline so there's no question about it they both get a DNF unless they can prove the email was sent in time.

When you submit a time get a confirmation it's been recieved. PM the guy whatever it takes but dont just rely on one email.

BUT

The Points system is a farce imo Those two should get zero points not be penalised 13.

Theres what 14 teams? Make it simple and fair 14 points for 1st 13 for 2nd etc and 0 for disqualifications and non submitted times. Those two teams it could be argued are out of the running now. Besides who ever heard of getting 12 points for finishing last it's ridiculous.

Duke

I do not understand. When I looked to the website of GMT it was about 11.30 GMT. After that I sent the replay at once.

A big sorry to my team. I´m totally confused.

Congrats to the top 3. Great runs. 👍

OLK
Excuse me, Duke.

But do you now, we have in Germany "Summertime", thats GMT + 2 hours.
Please, look at the Worldtime
or look at this
Yes, I do - that's why I specified noon GMT. That's 5 hours ahead of my local time, but that's irrelevant. GMT is a time standard for just this reason; it should always be possible to know what your local time is according to GMT offset. Then it's just a matter of planning accordingly in order to make the deadlines.

Sphinx
This shouldn't even be up for voting, what is the point in having rules if we are just going to ignore them? It's a damn shame for sure, but please.
This happens every time. If its late, too bad. There are ways to make sure your race is in on time. Submit an hour or 2 before the due time and post that you submitted a time in your race thread. That can be a time stamp. If you allow late entries in round 1 then you will have to in all rounds.
Congrats to all the drivers in round 1!

I have no intention to laugh eh...
I sent the time to the mail specified...and here's the proof, if Arwin's word's not enough ;)

the time is Italy's time...12.33, wich means 10.33 AM GMT
back with our points please :D

Rico

GT3mich
Submit an hour or 2 before the due time and post that you submitted a time in your race thread. That can be a time stamp.

Rico did this, but his time still hasn't reached Duke. So you say his team's time should count but SOGT's shouldn't because madbesl didn't post in the thread when he emailed?

Ricolamb
I have no intention to laugh eh...
I sent the time to the mail specified...and here's the proof, if Arwin's word's not enough ;)

the time is Italy's time...12.33, wich means 11.33 AM GMT
back with our points please :D

Rico

Actually, that is 10:33 AM GMT even.

eggmann and I have sent emails back and forth for years and sometimes mine take hours to get to him. We confirmed this when we were in a chat room so I switched to a different email addy when he needed something right away. Rico's email looks good to me.

there's nothing to discuss anymore about gtirn...
I sent the time to the right mail, and there's the proof I did it 2 hours earlier...
I just expect to see the points coming now, nothing else...
about Sogt...for me it's the same...
thank god I save my sent mails...and btw...change that gmail to something else, if mails don't arrive in time...

Ricolamb
there's nothing to discuss anymore about gtirn...
I sent the time to the right mail, and there's the proof I did it 2 hours earlier...
I just expect to see the points coming now, nothing else...
about Sogt...for me it's the same...
thank god I save my sent mails...and btw...change that gmail to something else, if mails don't arrive in time...

I recommend using PMs next time as a backup.

Back