* Round 1 results! * ATTACH REPLAYS HERE *

• Thread starter Duke
  • 106 comments
Wouldn't PM's be sufficient for time submission? GTP Admins & Mods have unlimited storage space, no? ;)

Maalcari
Just to say that for a Team "not competitive" a podium start :) is something...

Congratulations to all.

Who was it that said your team would not be competitive? I pity the fool... :)

madbesl
I do not understand. When I looked to the website of GMT it was about 11.30 GMT. After that I sent the replay at once.

A big sorry to my team. I´m totally confused.

Congrats to the top 3. Great runs. 👍
For the record, your message here was posted at 07:34 (my local time) while the Gmail submittal was posted at 07:27 (my local time).

You're actually correct - I did the math backwards. SoGT's time was submitted by the deadline for GMT. I offset the 1-hour difference for US Daylight Savings Time in the wrong direction (and came up with a -6 hour offset, rather than the correct -4 hour offset from GMT). This means that your time was submitted by 11:30 GMT, well before the deadline. My sincere apologies for the confusion - the mistake was all mine and none theirs.

SoGT's time IS legitimate and will be included. I will update the results shortly.

Can anyone from GTIRN explain what happened and where their submittal went? SoGT has been cleared and I would like to be able to do so with GTIRN's time so we get a complete field for the first round. I'd rather not update the results more than once, so please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks, and sorry again for the confusion with SoGT.

Prior to today, something seemed "missing" from this Board Challenge. Good to see the chaos restored. :)
Also good to see a full field of results. 👍

Duke
Can anyone from GTIRN explain what happened and where their submittal went?
PROBLEM SOLVED - for reasons unknown, GTIRN was filtered by my spam filter.

The submittal was there with the appropriate pre-deadline time stamp, but I had to go digging to find it. I'll update the results soon to include both times.

No DNFs and no bending of the rules are required. ALL TIMES ARE LEGITIMATE PENDING REPLAY REVIEW. I'm sorry for the confusion, everybody. Thanks for your patience.

GTIRN case : That is fine to me. I don't see any problem to include their submittals in the leaderboard.

SoGT (S..? of? Gran Turismo?) : [deleted: Mail sent 27 minutes off the deadline, it's late. I'd accept it but with a little penalty for being late. Half-point.]

EDIT : But the question stays. What does SoGT means? :dunce:

Mistral
GTIRN case : That is fine to me. I don't see any problem to include their submittals in the leaderboard.

SoGT (S..? of? Gran Turismo?) : Mail sent 27 minutes off the deadline, it's late. I'd accept it but with a little penalty for being late. Half-point.
Read above - all time submittals are good and received BEFORE deadline.
👍

hehe...just some patience...and now I know who I should help and who I shouldn't in next times...
thanks Arwin and Hugo for backing us ;)

I'm all enforcing for the Rules.. But I'm with Max on this one. I believe that teams sailing too close to the deadline are playing russian roulette and are asking for trouble. But the rules and proceedures for this one have been a little complicated. and this is the first time we've had to put them into practice. It wasn't as if the two teams in question were like an epoch over the deadline, it was a matter of timezones local clocks etc... Sure it's down to the teams to check the zones, but I wouldn't fire a guy for being ten minutes late on his first day in a new job who got caught in traffic on a new route.

The key word for me in Dukes proposal was For this round only. I Don't think that this neccesarily sets a dangerous precident.. if it happens later in the competition you can say.. well you saw what happened in round one, you were warned.. this time the axe falls.

Of course you can clamp down with a fist of iron if it's the majority oppinion. But both teams have contributed a lot over the past 4 months before many of the other boards got thier acts together. and like the rest of us have put a lot of work into getting a team together, submitting races, etc. If we slam-dunk them on the start line it doesn't say a lot for the so called GT online "community" imho.

eggmann
Duke stated above that he was wrong about the time of SOGT's submittal. It arrived on time. Have a beer everyone, if you're into that stuff. :D
Yeah. I also did a mistake by not reading this thread's page 2. ;) I edited my post right after I saw it. :)

Ricolamb
hehe...just some patience...and now I know who I should help and who I shouldn't in next times...
thanks Arwin and Hugo for backing us ;)

If you want to judge people that easily then so be it. :scared:

ah! ... stuff em Jerry we get em next time :lol:

lets see some replays please .... or are they being sent by Gmail also :dopey: hopefully the tinsel is already attached :sly:

Now that we got all the times in everyone get out your magnifying glasses and your slow-mo vid and your measuring sticks. :)

and after the fuss....
congrats to Edmar for a gr8 win, to my man Wick..top result mate...and to the chris for filling the podium...
btw, congrats to all who didn't want the times in ;)

Wity
The Points system is a farce imo Those two should get zero points not be penalised 13.

Theres what 14 teams? Make it simple and fair 14 points for 1st 13 for 2nd etc and 0 for disqualifications and non submitted times. Those two teams it could be argued are out of the running now. Besides who ever heard of getting 12 points for finishing last it's ridiculous.
The points system is modelled on the Speed World Challenge Touring Car and GT series in real racing. It's the way the series is run.

This was up for discussion - and was discussed, and approved by consensus - several months ago. I asked for input on the subject not once but twice. I also don't recall you saying anything about it after you did become involved, well before the final rules were published, during August.

So it's a little late to start getting soggy and hard to light now.

Back