ROUND2PIC.jpg

----------------------------------------
Circuit de la Sarthe 1 ( 2 lap Race )
Arcade Subaru Impreza Rally Car 03
+20 power 414bhp
and -10 weight 1107kg

Go into race with R2 (hard tyres)
Set AI difficulty at +10
When in race screen change tyres to R4 (soft tyres)
Any top speed setting
Set laps at 2 laps
No assists!

Save your best 'CLEAN' replay
2 Wheels on ( Tar / concrete / rumble strips ) at all times!
100% No wall contacts at all or restart!

Feel free to discuss all sectors
'Do not discuss total laptimes'
Please PM your final race time to me before the deadline
Deadline = 12:00 noon GMT Saturday 15th April

update ...

AI contacts are allowed to a maximum of tiny taps ( common sense will decide if the advantage was gained aggresively ) ... apart from using them for side impact overtaking in the corners / bends which is not allowable!! .... if they hit you up the ass then that is no problem as they can draught you on the straights and overtake with ease.

All rumbles are in play anyway and the red area behind the rumbles is valid also ... anything that isn't tar or rumbles is out of bounds along with wall contacts
👍

----------------------------------------
round2totalsCustom.jpg

-SCHEDULE-
ARCSchedule.jpg

AI contacts are allowed to a maximum of tiny taps ( common sense will decide if the advantage was gained aggresively ) ... apart from using them for side impact overtaking in the corners / bends which is not allowable!! .... if they hit you up the ass then that is no problem as they can draught you on the straights and overtake with ease.

All rumbles are in play anyway and the red area behind the rumbles is valid also ... anything that isn't tar or rumbles is out of bounds along with wall contacts
👍

Mr P

The red marked rumbles are part of the track and 100% in play
👍

??? :confused:

My rumbles are blue and yellow. :dopey: Do you mean the red paved ares outside of the rumbles? :dopey:

And please repeat... are all paved areas outside of the rumbles part of the track. :dopey:

Sorry for being a dopehead, but it's pretty important to get it right at this track. :dopey:

Just drove a couple of hotlaps btw. Great fun. 👍

Sorry about that Niels ... I was answering a question from another forum and thought best to paste it here also, All rumbles are in play anyway and the red area behind the rumbles is valid also ... anything that isn't tar or rumbles is out of bounds along with wall contacts ... the 2 wheel ruling is still in play anyway 👍

i understand niels's question since we had a wrs race on le mans I recently and there was quite some confusion/discussion about tarmac behind rumble.
arc rules are a bit easier and that's ok by me. i think flatty was a bit schoolmastery about where not to drive then, but it's his party and that's ok.
ok, let's get the subaru to work and kick some ai ass.

StevenDeRuig
i think flatty was a bit schoolmastery about where not to drive then, but it's his party and that's ok.
I can be fastidious, I know, my wife tells me pretty often :D
Is it what pernickety means ? I have that word in mind but not sure about it's exact meaning.

this gt4 fool gave it a first try and came up with following t-times in an almost clean race (last ai ahead pushed me off track in the 1butlast chicane)

---lap one----lap two
t1-42.654------38.091
t2-1.25.545--1.21.228
t3-1.58.971--1.55.146
t4-2.27.326--2.23.397
t5-3.02.877--2.59.595 EDIT SO SORRY ABOUT POSTING LAPTIMES IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN
t6-3.39.155--3.36.725

top speed was set to 330 and all other as dictated.
good luck and happy hunt/racing 👍 👍 👍

ps to cyril: dictionary.com tells me pernickety means picky (kieskeurig in dutch) so you much not be happy too quick about your choices.

I had a couple of hours running this last night and I am starting to like le sarthe :dopey: The annoying part about this race is the exaggerated time it takes for the cars to get to the start line .... I can roll a smoke and make a brew and still have the DS2 in my hands before they set off :sly:

Also this race can be done 100% clean pretty easily! I added the allowable love taps with AI and use of the red marked areas to cut down the amount of restarts as the AI can go off in the first section and take over the whole road.

I will post some sectors from my best race later .... enjoy the race guys 👍

edit: I found top speed at 300 was perfect for me .... I bet this race rules with a wheel again though :P

Mr P
The annoying part about this race is the exaggerated time it takes for the cars to get to the start line .... I can roll a smoke and make a brew and still have the DS2 in my hands before they set off :sly:

La Sarthe is a great "Brew" track, as you say before the start line and down the Mulsanne, you can drink your tea before it goes cold:tup:

Sorry I missed the 1st round Mr P, I did complete some laps but completely forgot to see about submitting:dunce: , Ive done 2 or 3 goes at this and will be back with some splits for this one after I finish work this afternoon:)

regards

Dave

*EDIT*
Love this race - and this car. Had a couple of clean races, the splits below are from a race where I got 1 minor tap to the rear by the Mitsi FTO at the chicane but Im sure it falls within the rules...Hopefully a bit more to come as this car has great grip and braking..

LAP 1)
T1 1'41.882
T2 1'23.560
T3 1'55.823
T4 2'23.160
T5 2'57.972

LAP2)
T1 36.431
T2 1'17.311
T3 1'50.578
T4 MISSED IT
T5 2'53.102

Dave_George

Sorry I missed the 1st round Mr P, I did complete some laps but completely forgot to see about submitting:dunce: , Ive done 2 or 3 goes at this and will be back with some splits for this one after I finish work this afternoon:)

No probs Dave 👍 .... Enjoy the race mate :cheers:

Dave_George

*EDIT*
Love this race - and this car. Had a couple of clean races, the splits below are from a race where I got 1 minor tap to the rear by the Mitsi FTO at the chicane but Im sure it falls within the rules...Hopefully a bit more to come as this car has great grip and braking..

I agree this car has brilliant grip and its such a great drive here that doesn't seem to bore me ... which is a rarity for me :P
I do recommend 300 autoset though! ... as it works perfectly with the back straight whereas 290 redlines just before the end of the back straight ... 300 is perfect :cool:

Just wondering, are people cutting the last chicane before the start/finish line?

Seem legal to be in the red area but somehow against the "Spirit" of the racing to me..

Dave

Probably a stupid question, but I'd rather ask it than race on the wrong track. Post #1 says we use La Sarthe 1, which is the version with two chicanes on Mulsanne straight.
Yet, the track map next to the ARC logo shows the unchicaned version.

I just want to make sure that we are supposed to use the chicaned course.:dopey:

First clean race. I was pretty conservative and had some mistakes, so there's lots left in it. I have to say, I wasn't sure at first, but this is really a fun combo. Lots of grip, very little understeer, great brakes. Well chosen, Ron 👍

LAP 1:
0'41.611
1'21.185
1'53.5xx
2'20.212
2'54.184
3'29.069

LAP 2:
0'35.026
1'15.531
1'48.438
2'15.142
2'49.435
3'24.386

Top speed was between T1 and the first chicane. With a draft on lap 1, I'm hitting 290-300kph. Without the draft on lap 2, 286kph. My top speed setting is 380kph.

I'm cutting the last chicane (i.e. as close to the dirt as possible), since that's my understanding of the rules this week. I'm assuming if it's not dirt or grass, I can drive on it.

@Dave_George ... if you keep to the right after you pass the lead car until just before the braking point, you'll lose him and won't get raped into the first chicane 👍

Damn man!!!! .... looks like my autoset suggestion of 300 is not worth squat :crazy:
I'll be trying 380+ on my next session :sly: Great sectors Luxy 👍

@Dave .... all tar is legal! ... make good use of it mate ;)

@Cyril .... Yes! .. its the track with both chicanes! ... sorry about the confusing track pic :dunce:

Have fun guys :cheers:

I was kinda curious about 300, but I couldn't tell from the split you'd posted earlier ...

Have a look at the power curve in GT mode ;)

My first clean save
LAP 2
1'22.9
1'56.2
2'23.8
2'58.7
3'34.6

LAP 2
1'17.5
1'50.5
2'18.0
2'53.6
3'29.5

It's hard for me to stay focused here as I have the attention span of a goldfish
44005b62.gif

Yep Luxy was right and I took almost 6 secs off my best save within a couple more attempts :dunce:

Cheers mate 👍

Here's some of my sectors ...

------ L1 ---/ -- L2 ----
T1 - 40.738 / XXXXXX
T2 - XXXXX / 1'15.096
T3 -1'52.438 / XXXXXX
T4 - XXXXX / 2'14.069
T5 -2'53.195 / XXXXXX

Still some left for me it seems as I had some crap slidey parts that lost speed for sure :ouch:

Might try 420 next time :P

;)

Had another go with 380 gearing, works well, especially when you work out theres no point taking the Scooby past 6000 rpm between changes...

lap 1

T1 41.615
T2 1'21.128
T3 1'54.480
T4 2'21.922
T5 2'56.709
T6 3'31.878

lap 2

T1 36.154
T2 1'17.170
T3 1'50.250
T4 2'17.567
T5 2'52.032
T6 3'27.372

-6s overall:tup:

Also discovered how photogenic this car/track combination is, still early days with my photo's but heres one on the "Mulsanne".....

regards:tup:

Dave

First clean race:

Lap 1:

1'22.9
1'54.8
2'21.9
2'56.7
3'32.1

Lap 2:

1'17.5
1'50.7
2'18.1
2'53.0
3'28.9

Great combo. 👍 The Subaru is a real pleasure to drive AND it's damn nice to have some AI's, that's actually pretty easy to deal with. :D
Not very familiar with the track though, but that probably goes for a lot of us. And that hopefully gives huge improvements over the week. :dopey:

First race. Using 400 gearing and shifting right at 6k. That's what worked for me in WRS week 34 at Trial Mountain. :) I will have to check the replay on this one, because I slightly love tapped the Nissan, but otherwise it's clean. 👍

Lap1.....................Lap2
t1: 40.668..........34.412
t2: 1'20.141........1'14.319
t3: 1'51.946........1'46.404
t4: 2'18.439........2'13.090
t5: 2'52.408........2'47.043
t6: 3'27.163........3'22.079

Still some time to get. Especially in the chicanes, and Porsche curves. I'm curious what AI lineup you are getting NielsG? I kept getting the Lancia S4 rally in P1 and then it spins out right at the first chicane. I had to do a lot of restarts because it takes the Alfa with it and causes all sorts of havoc! :lol:

Thats the line up I look for also with the Delta in P1 👍 also there is a line up where he takes out 2 other cars with him and as long as you can weave through the 3 cars that lose it you need only chase 2 cars after bend 3 👍

Sweet sectors Minorshunt :)

I tried this earlier today...

Man this is different.. So used to racing 800+bhp LeMans cars round Sarthe.

My first attempt I did a head on into a ceilca than spun it turn three:ouch:

I'll post sector times later (when I get a chance to look at the replay)

have fun
Waynz

Very, very nice splits MinorShunt! 👍

L1
0'41.595
1'20.951
1'53.259
2'20.0xx
2'54.3xx
3'29.251

L2
0'34.917
1'15.040
1'47.146
2'13.999
2'48.228
3'22.916

Clean as a whistle, but lost almost 2 seconds on lap 1 :yuck: Still took 2.5secs off my previous save, but lots more to find. I think I might need a better AI setup. I've got the Delta in 3rd place. He doesn't collect anyone, and the 2nd and 3rd place cars are really in the way in the left-right before T1. I'll have to give 400 topspeed a go, too 👍

MinorShunt
I'm curious what AI lineup you are getting NielsG? I kept getting the Lancia S4 rally in P1 and then it spins out right at the first chicane. I had to do a lot of restarts because it takes the Alfa with it and causes all sorts of havoc! :lol:

:lol: I'm getting the same line up, but I'm in no hurry, so all of this happens faaaarr away and gives me enough time to go easy around them. :lol:

Furthermore is La Sarthe is so wide, so all in all I feel very happy with the AI in this race. :D

i'm battling for clean laps - bothered more by ending tarmac than havocing ai - and shaving off seconds: 8 lower in total laptime but still not being too clean.
any consensus yet on top speed setting? strange thing is that a-spec points increase when changing top speed eg from 330 to 380.
also i wonder if anyone uses harder rear tires to induce oversteer.
your input please :)
finally, i am curious how generous mr p will be in letting us touch ai and still stay clean.

EDIT a clean lap at last !!! here are the t-times of which i'm sort of proud but will make you giggle ...

------lap 1 ------lap 2
t1---41.796-----38.225
t2--1.23.815---1.20.966
t3--1.57.372---1.54.699
t4--2.24.263---2.22.539
t5--2.59.668---2.58.414
t6--3.35.953---3.34.954

i'm loosing lots of time in the final sector of the track, mainly because i didn't want to make mistakes and making a clean lap. so i see a possible 10 second improvement until saturday. sub 8 minutes total, i'm afraid, is for the real cracks only.
i max out the topspeed setting, not because of higher end speed but because it makes the care behave a bit smoother, sort of like turning on the tcs.

StevenDeRuig
also i wonder if anyone uses harder rear tires to induce oversteer.

i max out the topspeed setting, not because of higher end speed but because it makes the care behave a bit smoother, sort of like turning on the tcs.

A big part of being fast this week for me is making sure the car doesn't slide at all. Slow in, fast out applies in spades here because almost ever corner leads onto a long straight. Just brake early 👍 There's a lot of places where it *feels* slow, but you gain a lot more by being able to get on the gas early (plus it makes keeping it clean a hell of a lot easier).

I think 390 or 400 top speed is about right, as it keeps you in the powerband all the way along the long straight. Just make sure you're shifting at 6000rpm, and not at redline ;)

Back