Sardegna Leaderboard: Grind Times for 45 Cars, Strategies, Tunes & FAQ's (post 1.31)

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 593 comments
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Pizza Yes GIF

This is the day my friends!
Long time lurker of this thread here, but finally some meaningful content to add.
I've been credit grinding since May and from the start I raced Sardegna with R92CP.
I always wanted to break the magic barrier of 23 minutes and after over 8000 kilometers I finally did it:
Sardegna-race22-55.jpg

This kind of result is pretty common for most of you, but for me it's something special.
I'm just an average driver, I use controller with directional buttons as steering and X/Square as gas/brake - so the bluntest of possible inputs, moreover automatic transmission. To get this kind of result I needed an inch perfect race and I usually struggle with inconsistency.

I used some iteration of @Turbodatsun's tune, which I'm grateful for. As I'm AT driver I couldn't do any shortshifting magic to save fuel and constant fuel maps switching breaks my concentration so I chose the one fuel map that with my driving style let me run 8 laps from the start, so it was FM4 all the race.
The race wasn't fully inch perfect I made small miscalculation in braking point for turn 1 in lap 10 and I landed with right side tires in the gravel, but sectors 2 and 3 were perfect enough to salvage the laptime to very low 1:30. I wasn't sure if this is THE race because of it, but catching the AI in slightly different places than usual made me hopeful for that. And in the last lap after the sharp left hander before start/finish straight I switched back to FM1 for extra acceleration to the finish line and I did my fastest lap (actually my ever fastest lap in Sardegna).

My lap chart for reference:
Sardegna-race22-55-laps1.jpgSardegna-race22-55-laps2.jpg

Ok, thanks for reading and back to the grind!

Pizza Yes GIF

Long time lurker of this thread here, but finally some meaningful content to add.
I've been credit grinding since May and from the start I raced Sardegna with R92CP.
I always wanted to break the magic barrier of 23 minutes and after over 8000 kilometers I finally did it:
View attachment 1270605

This kind of result is pretty common for most of you, but for me it's something special.
I'm just an average driver, I use controller with directional buttons as steering and X/Square as gas/brake - so the bluntest of possible inputs, moreover automatic transmission. To get this kind of result I needed an inch perfect race and I usually struggle with inconsistency.

I used some iteration of @Turbodatsun's tune, which I'm grateful for. As I'm AT driver I couldn't do any shortshifting magic to save fuel and constant fuel maps switching breaks my concentration so I chose the one fuel map that with my driving style let me run 8 laps from the start, so it was FM4 all the race.
The race wasn't fully inch perfect I made small miscalculation in braking point for turn 1 in lap 10 and I landed with right side tires in the gravel, but sectors 2 and 3 were perfect enough to salvage the laptime to very low 1:30. I wasn't sure if this is THE race because of it, but catching the AI in slightly different places than usual made me hopeful for that. And in the last lap after the sharp left hander before start/finish straight I switched back to FM1 for extra acceleration to the finish line and I did my fastest lap (actually my ever fastest lap in Sardegna).

View attachment 1270610View attachment 1270611

You broke the 23 minute mark with automatic and FM4?!?! That’s incredible to say the least, I was happy to break the 24 minute barrier with the 787b and I use manual and the PS5 controller with the triggers with haptic feedback…

Attachments

• IMG_3807.jpeg
    IMG_3807.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 19
Pizza Yes GIF

View attachment 1270605

View attachment 1270610View attachment 1270611

Great job man! Breaking 23 is particularly impressive with the list of conditions you describe. I just added you to the 22 club in the 1st post. I’d bet you could get that time even lower in Manual, it offers more control over shifting weight to the front or back of the car. Aside from ‘Short shifting’ for fuel map , there are other benefits such as:

• Assistance while turning: dropping gears help the car “turn in”, while maintaining a higher gear or upshifting can facilitate a straighter line
  • Prevent/hault slippage: quickly raising a gear can help immediately gain traction and control of your car. This will also help reduce unnecessary tire wear.
  • Saving gas: in a pinch, upshifting early to lower revs.* In six speed cars sometimes I’ll allocate the top gear as an overdrive to use on straightaways after reaching the necessary speed when fuel is a problem.
  • Other ‘Short Shifting’: aside from saving gas, some cars have a steep falloff of the power curve and shifting at the top rpm is slower, particularly when the mechanical advantage from the gear ratio is unable to make up for it. It also allows you to take advantage of power lower in the rpm range. Aston Martin’s DP-100 is an ideal example of those.
  • Starting with the best gear after a turn: sometimes its better to start off in a higher gear after a turn, particularly when your speed leaves you with very little left in a particular gear and time is lost shifting. This allows you to best take advantage of gears set for a particular course.

Couple questions for you:

1) Do you have any specific flag you identify with? Customarily I add them next to the names of everyone that makes it to either club. I didn’t see any attached to your profile or I may have overlooked it. If not, that’s ok too. I can put something else in its place

2) Would you mind sharing the tune you used (after adjusting Turbodatsun’s)? Variations of an already posted tune are always welcome. The fact you’re on a controller may be particularly helpful for those who are also not using a wheel and are working with a restricted steering angle

3) Would you mind sharing a video of the race or just the 1:28.159 fast lap? I’ve been highly encouraging others to do this as I believe they can be very instructive; the more diversity, the better. Again, like the tune, your situation is very unique not only with controller but doing so also with an auto trans. I’d be happy to post the video/clip if you don’t have a Youtube you are comfortable sharing publicly. PM me if thats the case, In have no problem facilitating that.

Congrats again 👏

——————————————————
Everyone:

Videos in general- Clips are welcome from both races and Time Trials. If submitting TT the event setting should be turned on to replicate the race conditions, so 12x tire wear & 8x fuel 👍

———————————————

@Larzi- Great times lately. You’ve been destroying the race with SO many cars it’s crazy . Btw, I keep forgetting to ask you how you managed the time with the 962C??? Any special power or ballast setup different for this one? Strategy for fuel? Tires? I think we were all surprised by this one; it was miles ahead of what we were seeing before .

@Grimm6Jack Welcome back man, great progress with the new time, super fast

@kowalski__1 Also great time, congrats on the 22 club !!

@pikachuyann So close man, you’re about as close to breaking the 23 barrier as possible. I’m sure it will happen soon

Last edited:
As this is at the moment the most viewed Sardegna-Thread, i want to ask my question here:

I am starting to drive and note down every Gr.3 car on the grind-race. I will apply the medium Turbo (i use automatic transmission) and RM tires and try to stay at a 2pit strategy to have a base comparison. If i see that the optimal strategy for a given car is far from it i will go a second time.

First i wrote down every Group 3 car from kudosprime - Wow, there are 49 of them! (don't know if i want to afford the McLaren F1)

Do you guys know which cars will be hard or impossible to win with on hard difficulty? Like the Suzuki VGT or the Mazda Atenza for example? I still will try all of them on hard, just wanted to know.

Edit: i now ask myself if i should go with the stock suspension and LSD tune or do anything about it. I could dial back the camber vom 3.5 on most cars to a bit less or look for tunes here in the forum as i have no knowledge of and interest in tuning. I think i will go with full stock tunes without touching anything.

Last edited:
Great job man! Breaking 23 is particularly impressive with the list of conditions you describe. I just added you to the 22 club in the 1st post. I’d bet you could get that time even lower in Manual, it offers more control over shifting weight to the front or back of the car. Aside from ‘Short shifting’ for fuel map , there are other benefits such as:
Thank you.
I know that manual transmission would improve almost everything about my drive, but really I can't wrap my head around this using the controller. With thumbs working hard on steering and gas/brake inputs I can't imagine operating L2/R2 for example to upshift downshift. Things just happen too fast, maybe if we raced the original beetles ;)
Don't think I never tried, I did and failed - miserably.
Maybe someday with a wheel it would be more natural for me to operate the pads behind it.

Couple questions for you:

1) Do you have any specific flag you identify with? Customarily I add them next to the names of everyone that makes it to either club. I didn’t see any attached to your profile or I may have overlooked it. If not, that’s ok too. I can put something else in its place
Naah, I'm not a flag type. Maybe the fictional United Federation of Planets would be universal enough for me :lol:

2) Would you mind sharing the tune you used (after adjusting Turbodatsun’s)? Variations of an already posted tune are always welcome. The fact you’re on a controller may be particularly helpful for those who are also not using a wheel and are working with a restricted steering angle
This is @Turbodatsun's tune in its entirety. I don't feel competent enough to touch anything about it, so it's original. Not sure if it's the latest iteration or something more dated. Here are the screens:
Sardegna-tune.jpgSardegna-tune2.jpg

3) Would you mind sharing a video of the race or just the 1:28.159 fast lap? I’ve been highly encouraging others to do this as I believe they can be very instructive; the more diversity, the better. Again, like the tune, your situation is very unique not only with controller but doing so also with an auto trans. I’d be happy to post the video/clip if you don’t
While I was very ecstatic about the race I completely missed the oportunity to save the replay, only thing I have are those screenshots I made on the way. If I ever get around this kind of laptime I'll remember to save it.

One thing I forgot to write up about the race is that the opening lap was substandard for me. I clocked it 1:32-1:33 on quite a few previous occasions, so there's always the margin to make it better...

As this is at the moment the most viewed Sardegna-Thread, i want to ask my question here:

I am starting to drive and note down every Gr.3 car on the grind-race. I will apply the medium Turbo (i use automatic transmission) and RM tires and try to stay at a 2pit strategy to have a base comparison. If i see that the optimal strategy for a given car is far from it i will go a second time.

First i wrote down every Group 3 car from kudosprime - Wow, there are 49 of them! (don't know if i want to afford the McLaren F1)

Do you guys know which cars will be hard or impossible to win with on hard difficulty? Like the Suzuki VGT or the Mazda Atenza for example? I still will try all of them on hard, just wanted to know.

Edit: i now ask myself if i should go with the stock suspension and LSD tune or do anything about it. I could dial back the camber vom 3.5 on most cars to a bit less or look for tunes here in the forum as i have no knowledge of and interest in tuning. I think i will go with full stock tunes without touching anything.
Wow! First try to fullfill my list over the next 2 month or so: Took the Mustang Gr.3 and due to some minor mistakes i got second place, half a second behind Fraga in 25:56 minutes. A fun race and fun car to drive.

A bit loose when accelerating out of a corner and stable but a bit understeering braking into a corner. As a complete tuning moron i would say a bit more front downforce againt the understeering and a bit more back downforce against loosing it on acceleration. What else are standard tips for this behaviour regarding Suspension and LSD (i know, thats a bit of topic here)?

Unfortunately we don’t have much race data on the Gr.3 cars here as generally that haven’t been particularly popular for the grind. The numbers are a bit more subjective if its not the same person driving them. ie. there are a number of people on here that may smoke the race on hard with one of the Gr.3’s that generally perform poorly but without them racing the others there’s not a good comparison.

If you don’t want to invest an entire race into checking each ones performance, go to time trials and turn “on” event settings, set tire wear to 12x and fuel to 8x. This should give you feedback pretty quick on how each will fare in the race

It would be interesting if you raced all of them (same racer/ same course) which could provide valuable feedback.

If you’re just looking for a challenge… There are plenty of options.

Someone may correct me if this isn’t up to date but I believe on “hard” difficulty the leader finishes the race almost exactly at 26 minutes (sometimes may vary) using 2 pit stops with high 1:37’s for their fast lap. With that in mind, looking at the leaderboard we can see that the cars below were raced by very good drivers finishing 25 seconds or less from the 26 minute mark

@AlexWilmot
@TUSMBOX
@RealPlonker
Ferarri FXX K '14
Corvette C8 '20
Porsche 917L '70
Jeep Willy’s MB (Swap)
McLaren P1 GTR ‘16
Ferrari 330 p4 ‘67
Lancer Evo Final '15 (Swap)
There was an Audi Sport Quattro S1 '97 done a little bit faster but it was raced by @Larzi- so depending on your level that could be a challenge on “hard” as well

I think “Easy” difficulty is ~28.5 - 29 min with laps ~10 seconds or so slower. I’m not sure the pace or finish time for “normal” off hand.

Switching to a different difficulty may open up additional cars that could make a fun challenge

—————

So, outside the Gr.3 cars, to win at a similar pace (without destroying them), there are choices to do either:

1) much faster laps that could make up for additional pit stop(s)
2) slightly slower laps with gas & tires for only one pit stop
3) slightly slower laps with one stop for gas & tires and a second stop for only tires
4) much slower laps with no pit stops
5) win straight up with slightly faster laps and the same pit stops as the rest of the racers.

Sorry can’t answer what you’re looking for but figured would give some options until someone else chimes in.

BTW, if you click the link in my “signature” at the bottom of this post it will direct you to a compilation of information I’ve organized, including a plethora of info on every car in the game. I’m still organizing and adding more info to that thread, its a work in progress.

——————————————

@tmtk

My mistake, I must have read it wrong before. I thought you started with his and tailored it for your setup. btw, I think I found that United Federation of Planets Flag and put it by your name on the leaderboard 👍

wow, controller setup you’re using sounds tough. I would probably have an issue with manual like that too.

I use:
IMG_5736.png

With:
-right trigger for gas (Index finger R)
-left trigger for brake (Index finger L)
- My thumb hovers atop over both ‘x’ and ‘square’ to change gears. Due to their orientation its easier to see/feel that square upshifts and x downshifts

*To each their own though, i’m not trying to suggest you change anything. You’re obviously doing very well but if you ever decide to try manual again something like this may be an easier option.

———————————

@Chikane_GTR Nice breaking into the 23’s, great time man !

————————

@KAlex122 I haven’t seen any specific tunes for the Gr.3’s on here. Can check what Praiano has setup for it or….

In general, for this course many cars are set with a very stiff suspension. To combat understeer, a number of the suspension sliders for the front tires (left hand side) are brought down far below their rear counterparts.

There’s a good example of that idea 2 posts above yours.

Maybe someone will chime in with something more specific

Last edited:
@Larzi- Great times lately. You’ve been destroying the race with SO many cars it’s crazy . Btw, I keep forgetting to ask you how you managed the time with the 962C??? Any special power or ballast setup different for this one? Strategy for fuel? Tires? I think we were all surprised by this one; it was miles ahead of what we were seeing before .
Thanks, I actually have a 22:41 time with the Porsche, but I haven't posted it yet because I lost almost 2 seconds in the second last lap due to an AI incident and I was too annoyed to post it :lol:. After that I did another 22:41 in other day but it was slightly slower. I will post the time and tune later today.

Btw. There are a few errors in your result lists.

Fastest Drivers:
Grimm6Jack is the new #1 holder!

Top 30 fastest cars:
Grimm6Jack is the new fastest R92CP driver! Check also other R92CP sheets.
RealPlonker's Escudo time (#6) is faster than mine Sauber C9 time (#5)
919 hybrid time (#10) is faster than TS050 hybrid time (#9)

This TurboDatsun's swapped Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R time is missing https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sardegna-leaderboard-grind-times-for-45-cars-strategies-tunes-faq’s-post-1-31.418227/post-14032445

Last edited:
Thanks, I actually have a 22:41 time with the Porsche, but I haven't posted it yet because I lost almost 2 seconds in the second last lap due to an AI incident and I was too annoyed to post it :lol:. After that I did another 22:41 in other day but it was slightly slower. I will post the time and tune later today.

Btw. There are a few errors in your result lists.

Fastest Drivers:
Grimm6Jack is the new #1 holder!

Top 30 fastest cars:
Grimm6Jack is the new fastest R92CP driver! Check also other R92CP sheets.
RealPlonker's Escudo time (#6) is faster than mine Sauber C9 time (#5)
919 hybrid time (#10) is faster than TS050 hybrid time (#9)

This TurboDatsun's swapped Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R time is missing https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sardegna-leaderboard-grind-times-for-45-cars-strategies-tunes-faq’s-post-1-31.418227/post-14032445
Wow, that was all sorts of messed up on my end. Thank you for pointing that out! Much appreciated, should be corrected now 👍

I haven’t a clue why I didn’t build any formulas or filters into these spreadsheets from the get go; kind of a ridiculous omission. I’ve been manually changing the order after typing them in by dragging columns and copy/pasting other info to correct things.
I just added a simple filter to the “top 50” list that will auto sort them after I add them. At some point I’ll likely redo the other lists and
create a circular dependency between them to populate each other some way. That should make them better organized and help minimize the human error on my end.
———-
🤯 That’s crazy about the Porsche, you’re a Monster. Look forward to seeing the results when everything goes your way.
———————————-

@Grimm6Jack

Dude…
I saw you got an amazing time but overlooked that it’s now not only the fastest time with the R92CP, but the top of the leaderboard for ANY car… Congratulations! Extremely impressive

—————————————

Everyone,

I’ve mentioned before I update the lists and leaderboards at different times, depending on what i’m doing. Sometimes it’s right after I see a post and other times I may wait a bit to see if others post later in the day.

Anyway, If you ever notice I’ve updated/edited the board after your post and have missed something or there’s incorrect info let me know 👍 and I’ll take care of it.

Keep up the great racing!

Wow @Larzi- 22:41 in the 962c is really impressive, im lucky if i manage a 22:55, if you could do a video one day that would be great, for me it just doesnt have the same speed down the straight and through the corners as the nissan

962c_time.jpg

Here is 962c time and tune. It is still same Turbodatsun tune. I just like to add some toe out to front because in my head zero toe angle in front doesn't make any sense. Even I don't notice any difference. Save fuel by shifting at 1/4 revbar on 8 lap stint and at 1/2 revbar on 7 lap stint.

Porsche 962 C '88
22:41.185
1:27.790

Attachments

• 962c_gears.jpg
    962c_gears.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 962c_tune1.jpg
    962c_tune1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 962c_tune2.jpg
    962c_tune2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 38
IMG_1267.jpeg

Well all the fast times recently have made me try again with the nissan but with the more favourable strategy of 8 laps then 7
THEN THIS HAPPENED
Race time 22:35:770
Fastest lap 1:26:811
The crazy thing is there is more time to find as my first lap was a 1:32:4 i caught the two toyotas in the fast chicane on some starts i have managed a 1:31 first lap

Last edited:
Nice alex, im keen to try more of the engine swap cars, just got to build up some cash as they can get expensive
Good thing you need to grind I feel like my current tune needs refinement before I can share it, the Cappucino can get to 200mph quickly but! Needs to early braking like 220m into T1

Last edited:
Hi guys, what's the best car for a newbie to the Sardegna 800? I need some money :D
Tried my LaFerrari but felt not right and aborted after a couple of laps, I'm trying it at Hard, never done it before

Hi guys, what's the best car for a newbie to the Sardegna 800? I need some money :D
Tried my LaFerrari but felt not right and aborted after a couple of laps, I'm trying it at Hard, never done it before
Yeah road cars are going to be slower because how fast they burn fuel and tires; the other cars in the race are all gr.3 and take 2 pit stops. Gr.1 & Gr.2 cars will be the fastest overall, lapping the other cars 1-2 times, most can finish with a single pit stop after lap 7 or 8.

If you click back to the first post on page 1 of this thread there’s a list of the finishing times for a ton of different cars. see link below

Thread 'Sardegna Leaderboard: Grind Times for 45 Cars, Strategies, Tunes & FAQ’s (post 1.31)'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...cars-strategies-tunes-faq’s-post-1-31.418227/

If whatever you’re driving is going to be cutting close to 26 minutes may be safer to drop the difficulty to not lose out on the credits for 1st place 👍

Yeah road cars are going to be slower because how fast they burn fuel and tires; the other cars in the race are all gr.3 and take 2 pit stops. Gr.1 & Gr.2 cars will be the fastest overall, lapping the other cars 1-2 times, most can finish with a single pit stop after lap 7 or 8.

If you click back to the first post on page 1 of this thread there’s a list of the finishing times for a ton of different cars. see link below

Thread 'Sardegna Leaderboard: Grind Times for 45 Cars, Strategies, Tunes & FAQ’s (post 1.31)'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sardegna-leaderboard-grind-times-for-45-cars-strategies-tunes-faq’s-post-1-31.418227/

If whatever you’re driving is going to be cutting close to 26 minutes may be safer to drop the difficulty to not lose out on the credits for 1st place 👍
Thanks, I didn't see the list, sorry.
Ya after a couple of laps it warned about the pit-stop and I was like "what??" :odd:
Thanks again I'm gonna try tomorrow :bowdown:

Thanks, I didn't see the list, sorry.
Ya after a couple of laps it warned about the pit-stop and I was like "what??" :odd:
Thanks again I'm gonna try tomorrow :bowdown:
Most cars will require you to you use a higher fuel map than the default (FM1) in order to make a one stop (8 laps on one tank) or two stop (5 laps on one tank) race; my modified LaFerrari needs to be on FM6 and a little short shifting just to get 5 laps so it’s probably not the best choice especially if you’re not playing on Easy. The Gr. 1 and 2 cars are pretty much all capable of 1-stop race. The ‘08 Lexus SC430 GT500 can win easily totally stock and is not too expensive.

Car: 1998 Mercedes Benz CLK-LM

With Aero for max pp (so down one in front and quite a bit in out of the back) and FM1 for both:

Stock transmission fast laps in the 1:39s however, two pit stops.

With the gears for a street Dodge Viper (leaving the final at 3.500) fast laps in the 1:40s but only one stop with room to spare.

Both got wins but, the Viper transmission tune gave me more gap to second place at the finish. And, I can live with a slightly longer over race time for not having to worry about fuel or tires.

Last edited:
Most cars will require you to you use a higher fuel map than the default (FM1) in order to make a one stop (8 laps on one tank) or two stop (5 laps on one tank) race; my modified LaFerrari needs to be on FM6 and a little short shifting just to get 5 laps so it’s probably not the best choice especially if you’re not playing on Easy. The Gr. 1 and 2 cars are pretty much all capable of 1-stop race. The ‘08 Lexus SC430 GT500 can win easily totally stock and is not too expensive.
Thanks, I wasn't expecting at all a fuel problem, I'm new at the 800 Sardegna :P
With the heatwave here in Italy I think I'm going to spend my off-work saturday evening trying to achieve a first step in this, but in the near future I'll be back with LaFerrari cause it's a charming car to drive in GT (in real life would be astounding :bowdown:

Thanks, I wasn't expecting at all a fuel problem, I'm new at the 800 Sardegna :P
With the heatwave here in Italy I think I'm going to spend my off-work saturday evening trying to achieve a first step in this, but in the near future I'll be back with LaFerrari cause it's a charming car to drive in GT (in real life would be astounding :bowdown:
oh, hearing that you didn’t anticipate the fuel usage helps explain things a little more about where you’re at. Here’s a bit of general information you may/or may not find helpful. If you’re already familiar with much of this then just disregard.

*Quick Tips for Making Lots of Credits ASAP

1) Do as many of the circuit experiences as you can. Don’t dwell on them too long; a handful of retries is fine but there’s nothing wrong with revisiting some later with more experience (which should happen quickly).

2) In “Sport Mode”, do all the available Time Trials (usually 2). You can try them as much as you want until entry time closes and the payout is big.

3) Sargdegna, Spa & Le Mans are not only the races with the highest payouts but all of them award the +50% Clean Race Bonus even if you crash or get a shortcut penalty. Don’t pass cars if there’s a flag out for a crashed car with that instruction. I’m not 100% sure but others have said it’s the only way you can lose the bonus.

For Spa and Le Mans, set the difficulty to easy, they are timed races at 30 & 60 minutes respectively and would suck to lose last moment because of a terrible crash or two that send you off the course. They are really for grinding, there’s no way to complete them quicker and if the goal is to earn credits faster, missing 1st place will set you back.

For grinding at Sardegna, setting the difficulty to “high” helps deal with less traffic because the other cars are faster. This is only useful when driving the fastest cars

After you select a race you’re interested in (before selecting “enter”) at the top there’s important info about the race
IMG_5819.png

In the photo above there’s a multiplier with tire wear & fuel usage, displaying how much faster than normal you go through them. Anytime you see this, the race will have pit stops and you need to take that into consideration with the choice of car, tires, the fuel map and sometimes “short-shifting” as @DextroCat mentioned above. In addition to the gas tank indicator, when you select “fuel map” on your hud it will estimate the number of laps remaining in tank based on how you are driving. All of the highest paying races are of this type. You will get used to it really quickly. Also it lets you know that cannot equip or use NOS in these races.

IMG_5820.png

Farther down you will see info about damage that will slow down your car and change how it drives (it’s temporary and fixes itself) The penalty will cause you to be forced to slow down at the “penalty” line and wait for a specific amount of time. As mentioned above neither will affect whether you receive the bonus in those 3 races.

* You can test different cars for this race or get quick practice by selecting “time trial” option below the list of events at a track. Go into event settings and turn on tire wear to x15 and fuel to x8, this will give you the most realistic feedback.

* If you click the top link in my “signature” at the bottom of my posts there’s a compilation of info about All the Circuit Experiences (including payout), Menu Books, Cars & Events/Races in the game (including earnings per minute/hour, which races have pit stops, allow NOS etc…)

Hope that useful in some way.
If you have any other questions ask. There’s a lot of helpful people on here

Came back again, this time with the Sauber C9 and I think I got a new record for it with the overall time of: 22:47.840
I believe the optimal time for this car is probably just below 22:45 and the fastest lap is definitely in the 1:27s, mid to high 1:27s. My best lap was a 1:28.034 in the last lap but it could've been a 1:27 on some earlier laps if I didn't get 2 Subarus side by side on turns 12 and 13 (lap 13 I think it would've been).

I did two runs and one thing I definitely notice that makes a ton of difference is the wind. I had on my first run a wind of 6-7 m/s and my braking points on the back straight had to be a bit before the 150m mark while on my best run I could brake right on the 150m, the wind was at 3-4 m/s sometimes even below 3. And it was visible on the laptimes as well, since I was driving in the exact same way and pretty much mistake free.

Here's the time and also the setup I used which is basically what @Turbodatsun used for the R92CP, but with the Sauber, I have to compromise on weight and horsepower to get to 800pp, the car does become better on the corners though since I can do the last corner flatout with the C9. But I also have to bring the horsepower down because of it's massive fuel consumption. I basically have to rev up to about 20% of the rev bar (dash cam view) on the 8 lap stint and then at about 60-70% on the 7 lap stint.

PS: Congrats @Turbodatsun on your R92CP time. over 2 seconds faster than mine. I'll probably come back at you though ;) Let me just find a run with low-wind and ... some good behaving AI.

I'll be doing the Jaguar XJR-9 next. The new controller sensivity after this last patch has also improved things quite noticeably.

20230708_130243.jpg

20230708_130406.jpg

20230708_130354.jpg

20230708_130334.jpg

oh, hearing that you didn’t anticipate the fuel usage helps explain things a little more about where you’re at. Here’s a bit of general information you may/or may not find helpful. If you’re already familiar with much of this then just disregard.

*Quick Tips for Making Lots of Credits ASAP

1) Do as many of the circuit experiences as you can. Don’t dwell on them too long; a handful of retries is fine but there’s nothing wrong with revisiting some later with more experience (which should happen quickly).

2) In “Sport Mode”, do all the available Time Trials (usually 2). You can try them as much as you want until entry time closes and the payout is big.

3) Sargdegna, Spa & Le Mans are not only the races with the highest payouts but all of them award the +50% Clean Race Bonus even if you crash or get a shortcut penalty. Don’t pass cars if there’s a flag out for a crashed car with that instruction. I’m not 100% sure but others have said it’s the only way you can lose the bonus.

For Spa and Le Mans, set the difficulty to easy, they are timed races at 30 & 60 minutes respectively and would suck to lose last moment because of a terrible crash or two that send you off the course. They are really for grinding, there’s no way to complete them quicker and if the goal is to earn credits faster, missing 1st place will set you back.

For grinding at Sardegna, setting the difficulty to “high” helps deal with less traffic because the other cars are faster. This is only useful when driving the fastest cars

After you select a race you’re interested in (before selecting “enter”) at the top there’s important info about the race
View attachment 1271410

In the photo above there’s a multiplier with tire wear & fuel usage, displaying how much faster than normal you go through them. Anytime you see this, the race will have pit stops and you need to take that into consideration with the choice of car, tires, the fuel map and sometimes “short-shifting” as @DextroCat mentioned above. In addition to the gas tank indicator, when you select “fuel map” on your hud it will estimate the number of laps remaining in tank based on how you are driving. All of the highest paying races are of this type. You will get used to it really quickly. Also it lets you know that cannot equip or use NOS in these races.

View attachment 1271409
Farther down you will see info about damage that will slow down your car and change how it drives (it’s temporary and fixes itself) The penalty will cause you to be forced to slow down at the “penalty” line and wait for a specific amount of time. As mentioned above neither will affect whether you receive the bonus in those 3 races.

* You can test different cars for this race or get quick practice by selecting “time trial” option below the list of events at a track. Go into event settings and turn on tire wear to x15 and fuel to x8, this will give you the most realistic feedback.

* If you click the top link in my “signature” at the bottom of my posts there’s a compilation of info about All the Circuit Experiences (including payout), Menu Books, Cars & Events/Races in the game (including earnings per minute/hour, which races have pit stops, allow NOS etc…)

Hope that useful in some way.
If you have any other questions ask. There’s a lot of helpful people on here
Oh my, thank you sooooo much for this, I’ve just bookmarked this post and the link in your signature.
Yes I’m fairly new to this, I’ve played GT for years, literally since the first, but always with a relaxed mood, since I bought the Ps5 and the current GT7…I switched mentality, bought a wheel and I’m in love.
A question: the time trial in sport mode…the payout is good even just to try? Cause I’m bad at that, not going to achieve a great result.
Later I’m going to try Sardegna, I still don’t know what car to use, I’ve got a gr3 458 Italia but it’s not so fast, have to buy something.
I’ll also take a look at circuit experience cause I probably never tried them :)

Oh my, thank you sooooo much for this, I’ve just bookmarked this post and the link in your signature.
Yes I’m fairly new to this, I’ve played GT for years, literally since the first, but always with a relaxed mood, since I bought the Ps5 and the current GT7…I switched mentality, bought a wheel and I’m in love.
A question: the time trial in sport mode…the payout is good even just to try? Cause I’m bad at that, not going to achieve a great result.
Later I’m going to try Sardegna, I still don’t know what car to use, I’ve got a gr3 458 Italia but it’s not so fast, have to buy something.
I’ll also take a look at circuit experience cause I probably never tried them :)
Dude, do the TT's...great way to earn some coin,no one's gonna rag on for trying,seriously.
Join the TT thread, great advice there.

Dude, do the TT's...great way to earn some coin,no one's gonna rag on for trying,seriously.
Join the TT thread, great advice there.

I'll try that, I didn't know about the cash price :D

23:50 with the Hyundai N2025 Fastest lap time of 1:32.698.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230708235023.jpg

My setup for this car if anyone else what's to try it.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230708185548.jpgGran Turismo® 7_20230708185559.jpg
Pit stop at 8/9 laps only for Fuel no tire change.
FM 1 all the way with some short shifting.

Last edited:
(I wrote this yesterday, for whatever reason it didn’t post)

Absolutely 👍

+1 on @kowalski__1 advice.

As I was saying before, “Lap Time Challenges” in time trials have a big payout, for simply completing a single lap without the pressure from other cars on the road. The car for the challenges can be provided for free, you dont have to buy it. They are usually only one or two minutes laps but can go up higher. Essentially you race around a course as much or little as you want and upon exit it automatically uses you best lap for your current time. While the events are still ongoing/open, you can go back as much as you like to try again without the risk of losing any previous times. They are only overwritten when you exit with a better lap time.

The day each event ends, your time will be compared to the current fastest driver (all times get better over the course of the event). If your best time is within 3%, 5% or 10% of the best (when its over/closed) you will be rewarded 2 million, 1 million or 250k credits respectively. If you were close to a cutoff, its a good idea to check back the day it ends to see if your time got bumped back as it may have changed last time you saw it.

Btw, before entering the challenge, If you check the current leaderboard many of the top spots have videos of their race you can watch to learn all the braking points, throttle gear changes etc... You can even load a ghost for that car to drive alongside while you drive for feedback.

Regarding the circuit experiences:
They are almost the same thing, with the differences being that the times to achieve rewards are preset and the lap is done twice; once broken down into small sections to help you learn the track and once in its entirety. You can do them whenever, in part or full and do as many as you want. Unlike the TT, there’s no limited number available each day. However there’s a flag at the end of the lap so you have to “retry” to go for better times. Again, retrying doesn’t overwrite or jeopardize any already achieved, like before they’re only switched out if they are better.

Circuit Experiences, the lap times and payout listed below from that link we talked about:
IMG_5842.jpeg

Lastly, on Sardegna:

The WTC800 at Sardegna is for the most part solely a grind for making money. It’s currently the highest earning event in the game, rewarding at a rate of 1.5 - 2 million credits every 60 minutes (25k-32k every 60 seconds) depending on how fast you finish.

With the ability to “de-tune”, we can bring cars to the race that are not even slightly a challenge. It’s not really a big deal which car you pick or if its expensive because you’ll earn it back very quickly. The gr.1 (group c) cars and the Escudo in sold at legendary dealer are the fastest for the coarse but only the the Escudo is available at the moment. As fast as it is, Its a love/hate car though and a lot of people don’t like it.

I’ve found the Peugeot L750R Hyrbid to be the next fastest. Its also a gr.1 and available at brands central for 1 mil. I posted a tune for it few pages back

Click for Peugeot L750R Tune

Edit:
You can also give the Hyundai N 2025 VGT Gr.1 a try that @Chikane_GTR just posted about with a great time, tune included in the post above this

Again you’ll be making so much money you can keep trying others whenever you want.

Doing the same race in the same car can get a bit boring after a while. I made this thread to help break up the monotony of grinding the same course over and over for credits and try for all of us to come up with new options and/or time goals to try to keep things interesting.

—————————-

@Chikane_GTR Smokin Time with the N 2025, Great Job. Will definitely have to check out the new tune.
Welcome to the 23 Club !!

Last edited:
Back