Sardegna Leaderboard: Grind Times for 45 Cars, Strategies, Tunes & FAQ's (post 1.31)

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 593 comments
You guys are true monsters. Hats off to all of you. :cheers:

I can only dream to do a 25min and something run. I'm just too slow.

That make us two , i almost hate this track , narrow with traffic but the worst part i always missing the brake points 🤬😡🤐🥵
Trying to brake at the a certain point but the outcome is different each time.

That make us two , i almost hate this track , narrow with traffic but the worst part i always missing the brake points 🤬😡🤐🥵
Trying to brake at the a certain point but the outcome is different each time.
I feel you bro. I did not use to be that slow, but the jump from GT6 to GT7 simply killed me. I don't know what happened.

I feel you bro. I did not use to be that slow, but the jump from GT6 to GT7 simply killed me. I don't know what happened.
If i get it right,you also skip gt sport as i did?
For me are too many new tracks and car behaviour in general and i can't adapt yet ,its all brand new for me .

hmm you can use the P1 GTR to win this but the hybrid only lasts for the first 3 laps and then you're 2-2.5seconds a lap slower, about 10mph slower at the end of the straights

FweuSDxWcAMpTJS.jpg

Last edited:
This is a tune i have been testing out trying to use a bit of ballast to improve the cornering a bit more, not sure it its faster then my other setup

Attachments

• 9ABDAAA2-6AD4-451A-876F-ECFFD790D59E.jpeg
    9ABDAAA2-6AD4-451A-876F-ECFFD790D59E.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 46
  • DACF3F42-592E-4D88-A63B-7D1E3A9DC9F8.jpeg
    DACF3F42-592E-4D88-A63B-7D1E3A9DC9F8.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 44
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98
Race time: 24:24.964
Fastest lap: 1:33.006
Tune: Praianos with added power to meet pp limit and made gearing little by adjusting final gear.
Race strategy: Fuel map 1. RM tires. 2 stops (first fuel+tires, second only fuel). First stop after lap 6, second stop depending for traffic ahead of you (mine was lap 12).

Attachments

• gt7_sardegna_800pp.jpeg
    gt7_sardegna_800pp.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 28
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98
Race time: 24:17.888

One stop race with tire change. I was on 24:13 pace without tire change strategy but AI ruined it. Couldn't replicate it after.

Attachments

• 1883f0b827017-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1883f0b827017-screenshotUrl.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 20
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
Race time: 24:20.623
Strategy: RM, 1 stop, FM1 saving fuel by shifting early and coasting before brakes.
Tune: Praiano's

Attachments

• 1883ff41c3195-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1883ff41c3195-screenshotUrl.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Been using a different fuel saving strategy lately, instead of using fm2 to save fuel i have been leaving it on fm1 but short shifting for 8 laps so only revving to about half way along the rev counter it seams to give a bit more pace but save enough fuel for 8 laps

Forgot I have a couple to add.

The CLK is pretty quick. I think times we can get down under 24; it’s a very similar pace to the 787B before update 1.31
I had two unfortunate things with this race:

1. I forgot to use Hard difficulty, so got a few slow, congested spots and unnecessarily ended up double lapping 16 cars
2. On the final lap a car swiped me off the track and ended up hitting the wall before the finish after the last turn cost ~6 seconds; blah, that was super obnoxious

IMG_3997.png

The R92CP… Close, but missed making the club, needed 2/3 of a second faster
This was from a while ago and I figured I’d break it soon after but the next couple tries didn’t so put that one down for a bit to revisit at a later time.

IMG_3710.png

Having seen the clk pop up a few times now i want to give it ago
Yeah man, I think it’s a fun, from what I remember it’s a pretty good drive and doesn’t have the under steer issues of the group C.. I haven’t really spent time fine tuning it to coax out as much speed as possible but it did pretty well right off the bat.

I’m eager to see more of your times as a benchmark/goal to understand what some of the limits are for different cars. The R92CP has proved you are quite the monster

The McLaren F1 GTR Gr.2 is also quick but the extreme torque makes it guzzle gas much more than the CLK and needs to be remedied some way. I haven’t done the newer Gr.2’s yet but will probably give a go with them soon.

The McLaren VGT Gr.1 and Hyundai N 2025 Gr.1 might be? a bit quicker that the CLK and are interesting in there own way too; they’re a very different drive though. I believe the N 2025 was ~ 24 flat pretty easily

In a completely different direction, Plonker got some pretty good times with the GT’s F1500T-A and the Red Bull X2019

I have a feeling you’ll be in the 23:40’s (with CLK) pretty quick although I’m sure with the way you can continuously shave time could get even lower 👍.

Look forward to seeing how it goes, have fun!

Last edited:
I found another fun, sub 24 minute car; I know it’s already on list but new for me.

Peugeot’s 750R Gr.1 is a good handling on RH’s and sports a regenerative hybrid system that recovers on braking.

*Like a number of cars, tuning is randomly “glitchy” in the ballast/power balance allowing you to trade off points from the ‘150MPH Rotational G’ for pp that can bring the weight down. There are lots of combinations to stumble across. It’s fast either way though

For whatever reason I forgot again to change the difficulty again after doing something else. However, this time it was down all the way to easy so the last 4-5 cars were lapped 3 times.

IMG_4036.png

Last edited:
Ok, just a quick update on the 750R; I remembered to use Hard Difficulty this time,

I believe the first sector of my fast lap clocked in at +.328 so there should be room to get in the 1:31’s

IMG_4052.png

Someone has to put GR010 on the board. Also sub 24 Audi.

Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21
Race time: 24:24.082
Best lap: 1:34.031
Hybrid will last about 10 laps, then you lose ~3s of pace per lap.

Audi R18 TDI '11
Race time: 23:58.217
Best lap: 1:32.615

Attachments

• gt7_sardegna_800pp_gr010.jpeg
    gt7_sardegna_800pp_gr010.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 20
  • gt7_sardegna_800pp_r18_tdi.jpeg
    gt7_sardegna_800pp_r18_tdi.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 19
Someone has to put GR010 on the board. Also sub 24 Audi.

Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21
Race time: 24:24.082
Best lap: 1:34.031
Hybrid will last about 10 laps, then you lose ~3s of pace per lap.

Audi R18 TDI '11
Race time: 23:58.217
Best lap: 1:32.615
Can you share or dm me your tunes for these two and Mclaren mp4/4 please?

Last edited:
Can you share or dm me your tunes for these two and Mclaren mp4/4 please?
McLaren strategy:
  • Tune on attachment, no other upgrades.
  • FM1 whole race.
  • RS tires, no tire change, only refuel. I recommend pitting in on lap 7, because that is the point when you start lapping bigger group of cars.
  • Gear Strategy: Use stock gearbox. Change gear on mid of the rev bar (bumber cam).
* Turn 1: Accelerate out on gear 3, double shift to 5.
* Turn 5: Accelerate out on gear 3, upshift to 4.
* Turn 6: Accelerate out on gear 3, double shift to 5, upshift to 6 if needed (in slipstream and strong tail wind) usually not.
* Turn 9: Accelerate out on gear 2, double shift to 4, upshift to 5 and keep it on 5 until turn 14.
* Turn 14: Accelerate out on gear 2, double shift to 4, double shift to 6.

Audi strategy:
  • Tune on attachment, buy medium-rpm turbo.
  • FM1 whole race, but use FM6 on main straight when you reach speed 260 kph (~161 mph) and but it back to FM1 on 200 braking mark.
  • RS tires, no tire change, only refuel. I recommend pitting in on lap 7, because that is the point when you start lapping bigger group of cars.
  • Gear Strategy: Use stock gearbox. Change gear after 4,5k rpm. Do not rev over 5k or you will run trouble with fuel.
* Turn 1: Accelerate out on gear 4
* Turn 5: Accelerate out on gear 4
* Turn 6: Accelerate out on gear 4
* Turn 9: Accelerate out on gear 3
* Turn 14: Accelerate out on gear 3

Toyota strategy:
  • Tune on attachment, buy medium-rpm turbo.
  • FM1 whole race, You will have no issues with fuel.
  • RM tires, no tire change, only refuel. I recommend pitting in on lap 7, because that is the point when you start lapping bigger group of cars.
  • Gear Strategy: Buy racing gearbox. I just put final gear to 3.400 and left other settings like they were, there is definitely room for improvement. U can rev high as you like, but i recommend upshifting after 7k because engine is so detuned and there isn't too much power on high revs.
* Turn 1: Accelerate out on gear 3
* Turn 5: Accelerate out on gear 3
* Turn 6: Accelerate out on gear 3
* Turn 9: Accelerate out on gear 2
* Turn 14: Accelerate out on gear 2

sardegna.JPG

Attachments

• audi_tune.jpeg
    audi_tune.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 49
  • mclaren_tune.jpeg
    mclaren_tune.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 49
  • toyota_tune.jpeg
    toyota_tune.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 45
  • toyota_gears.jpeg
    toyota_gears.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Not sure of patch number but it was sometime between June 22nd/2022 and July 19th,2022.
That's a really good time, but I think it shouldn't be counted, because the major physics changes and most importantly PD have pumped up tyre wear and fuel consumtion multipliers at least once after that.

That's a really good time, but I think it shouldn't be counted, because the major physics changes and most importantly PD have pumped up tyre wear and fuel consumtion multipliers at least once after that.
Ya,i don't know if i could do it again,i did it with 670 HP,and i can only get the car to 663 HP currently and stay under 800PP.
I also did a 24:03 with the CLK but that was way before the GR010.
I quit grinding after the Toyko Tomahawk died,rode that 100 million a long time but with upgrading costs now,i think i'll be doing some grinding for a while.

gt7_sport_quattro.jpg

I decided to try something new after gr.1 cars. If the Escudo can do it, so why not the Sport Quattro?

Well, the maximum pp you can get out of the car is somewhere about 715 pp depending to your setup. Getting the car stable was difficult, and Praiano's Tokyo setup didn't work at all on racing softs, but when I realized to copy Escudo setup from this thread, the car became somewhat drivable. I even added 90 kg ballast to get same weight distribution. I mainly used FM5 and pitted once for tire and fuel. Not the fastest car by any means, but a fun challenge at least.

Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87
Race time: 25:31.709 25:09.570
Best lap: 1:38.294 1:35.320

Edit. Realized that I used fully customisable manual gearbox instead of fully customizable racing. I also tweaked my setup and changed to FM1 2-stop strategy. Updated my time to this post.

Attachments

• Sport_quattro.jpg
    Sport_quattro.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hey Guys, few things..

I have added a new section to the leaderboards for more diversity in vehicles and players…

A “23 club” for those who break the 24 minute mark with any cars except the following 6 as they’re all capable of sub 23:

Group C

1. Mazda 787B
2. Nissan R92CP
3. Mercedes Sauber C9
4. Jaguar XJR-9
5. Porsche 962C
or
6. Suzuki Escudo

*I haven’t added the times to it yet. Figured I’d wait until after posting this for little bit
————————————————————

** Also, I thought it would be fun to include another category reflecting our new access to engine swaps. I’m not sure how to go about it yet until we start seeing how many are suited for Sardegna and what type of times they can achieve. I’m all ears to suggestions and ideas along the way so please share any thoughts.

——————————————————————

Leaderboards:

I don’t always have quick access to updating them and some posted times take longer than others to update depending on whether there’s rearranging that needs to be done. I haven’t forgot about any of you but there are a number of spreadsheets I take care of in other threads as well. Sometimes I will wait to see if other’s post later in the day so I can take care of things in one shot. eg. I may notice your time the next day but wait to see if others post later on (which may be an additional day for you) Other times it may go up right away if I’m not busy

If for some reason any of your times don’t get up after couple days or others posted after yours go up (and appears I overlooked you) either edit and tag me in the post to get my attention or send a message

——————————————————————
@kowalski__1 , Glad to have you here,

Unfortunately there’s no way to compare that time period to now. The system to calculate performance back then was influenced by suspension and lsd setting allowing heavy pp reductions for things like raising car height allowing for more power with less weight and better aero. Additionally, two otherwise identical tunes from then and now would have completely different fuel usage, tire modeling/grip/wear and handling.

There have been a few overhauls since then BUT the last significant changes that affect handling, physics and the pp system came with update 1.31 which was released March 30 ‘23, ideally the earliest to get our times from.

I hear you about building up the stock of credits again, hopefully the thread will help with keeping the grind varied and interesting. I’m sure you will still have great times to post along the way 👍

——————————————————————
@Larzi- Nice times & thanks for sharing the tunes & strategies; I’m sure a number of people will find that very useful and it’s a function I find important to this thread👍

Last edited:
r92cp.jpg

Today I decided to give R92CP to go. I copied Turbodatsun setup and first I was like 😮 "holy understeer". I did 6 runs, 3rd and 4th was the 22:48's. The last two I was too tired to improve. I accindentally pitted one lap early on my best attempt and that throw me off a little bit. But that is the 3rd spot of the leaderboard :dopey:.

Nissan R92CP '92
Race time: 22:48.256
Best lap: 1:27.526

Latest Posts

Back