Saturday Night 1,600 Miles Classic Sports Car Series, Next Race 9/14/24, 2. 285 km of Brands Hatch , Open 7pm, Qualifying 8pm, Race 8:30pm Eastern USOpen 

By the mid 80's Corvettes and some of the WS6 Firebirds come from GM with Goodyear Gatorbacks, they were over $400 each way back then, I would hardly call that a sport hard tire, I had customers that would use them up in a day at a track day event. Just sayin
Okay but, what were grip levels and wear like for Circuit racing tires in 80s?

Okay but, what were grip levels and wear like for Circuit racing tires in 80s?
I'm not sure how you would translate real life to a game. I doubt a stock Corvette would wear out a soft slick yet they were able to wear out a set of street tires in a day. Gatorbacks were also available with half the tread shaved off for racing, you tell me, how does that translate to a game. The hard sports tire I would guess are what you might find on a higher than base model Mustang whereas I guess the GT350 & GT500 are equipped with what would be a soft sport tire, maybe a medium, but a GT3 911 would be soft sports tire. Once again, how that translates to a game don't ask me. Just trying to supply you with real world info

I'm not sure how you would translate real life to a game. I doubt a stock Corvette would wear out a soft slick yet they were able to wear out a set of street tires in a day. Gatorbacks were also available with half the tread shaved off for racing, you tell me, how does that translate to a game. The hard sports tire I would guess are what you might find on a higher than base model Mustang whereas I guess the GT350 & GT500 are equipped with what would be a soft sport tire, maybe a medium, but a GT3 911 would be soft sports tire. Once again, how that translates to a game don't ask me. Just trying to supply you with real world info
I know what we put high cars now. Some of these sports car tires are barely legal in terms of tread but, looking at least 80s grip levels. I've been doing research on it but, that's an overlooked detail that's difficult to find information on. Nor do I really know how to read tire performance on paper if do find something.

It's done guys I present

Saturday Night 1,600 Miles Classic Sports Car Series

This limited run league is my revival of the 1,000 Miles classic car series from Gran Turismo 4 European Hall. The original series consisted 4 long lap endurance races. With all 4 races collectively adding up to 1,000 miles. Cars were restricted to production cars only 1970 and older.

My revival of the series was extended to 8 races and a collective goal 1,600 miles. At the same time shorting the distance requirements of the individual races. The races have been balanced out by average speed should all about 2 hours in duration.

Unlike the original this revival will be also open to historic road cars, race cars, and concepts of yesterday up to 1989. With some reverse grandfathering for cars models that were in production before 1990 but, are represented by a car model year past the cutoff year. A list of reverse grandfathered cars is available is series regulations. Full tuning is allowed. With 580 PP limit and Sports Hard tires only. Working lights are required both Le Mans and Road Atlanta races will have a night portion. Oh yeah and no Gr.1 Group C will not be permitted either.

Lobby schedule will operate as usual. Lobby open by 7:00pm. GT Group Qualifying Begins 8:00pm. And then short break before the race begins 8:30pm Eastern US Time. The Nurburgring and Le Mans races may start late due to extended qualifying. Due to the length of these race. Extra time for late arrivals will be very limited. I intend to not run past 11pm if possible.

Simplified 8 Race Schedule
9/7, 1. 395 km of High Speed Ring (Reverse)
9/14, 2. 285 km of Brands Hatch
9/28, 3. 310 km of Nurburgring (Nordschleife)
10/12, 4. 400km of Le Mans (No Chicane)
10/19, 5. 350 km of Monza
11/2, 6. 300 km of Suzuka Circuit
11/16, 7. Willow Springs 205 (Big Willow)
11/23, 8. Road Atlanta 195

Special Regulations
*1989 or Older
*Car models that began production before 1990 may also be enter.
*Road Cars, Race Cars, and Dated Concepts Allowed
*No Non-dated Cars
*Car must have working lights.
*No Gr.1 Group C

Reverse Grandfathered Cars List

Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari Testarossa '91
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X '90
Mercedes 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91
Nissan Silvia S13 Ks Dia Selection '90
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R Nismo '90
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R V-Spec II '94
Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS '92
Volvo 240 SE Estate 1993

Regulations
*580pp
*No BOP
*Tuning Allowed
*Sports Hards Only
*No Nitrous
*No Engine Swaps
*Fuel x2
*Tires x4
*Driving Line Allowed
*ABS Allowed
*No Other Aids Allowed
*Rolling Starts

Last edited:
That's how it was written. stupid auto correct.
Oh you think that's funny. Well here's a thought I've had. I just reverse grandfathered or whatever the actually term would be. Anyways I reverse grandfathered an European station wagon into eligibility. Meaning this league could won by a station wagon. Which would be both a hilarious and yet sad day in the history of motorsports. Headlines priceless Ferrari beaten by a Volvo 240 station wagon.

Last edited:
Oh you think that's funny. Well he's a thought I've had. I just reverse grandfathered or whatever the actually term would be. Anyways I reverse grandfathered an European station wagon into eligibility. Meaning this league could won by a station wagon. Which would be both a hilarious and yet sad day in the history of motorsports. Headlines priceless Ferrari beaten by a Volvo 240 station wagon.
A minivan kicking your butt would be even worse, apparently you forget the minivan in GT2 or GT3, the Renault Espace F1??😆

A minivan kicking your butt would be even worse, apparently you forget the minivan in GT2 or GT3, the Renault Espace F1??😆
Yes it was in GT2 only sadly so far. There were a lot cars in GT2 that we never seen again in the series. That mini was the result of someone in Renault wanting to put a F1 in engine into a minivan. It's currently in the Matra museum in Romorantin-Lanthenay, France. Supposedly in working condition though it's was driven only a few times. Has a claimed top speed of 197 mph. It's handling is reportedly not great do to it's high center of gravity.

Last edited:
Hey guys yesterday this Saturday was 3 week the start of upcoming 1,600 Miles series. I'm posting the individual race details for the 1st 2 races. The details for races 3 through 8 are available in the race schedule on GT Planet league forum Post 4.

Next Race

Race Details
High-Speed Ring Reverse, 91 Laps Race, 245.7 miles (395.4 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain Maybe, Fuel At Start 97%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On

Following Race

Race Details
Brand Hatch Grand Prix, 73 Laps Race, 178.8 miles (287.8 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Fuel At Start 98%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On

Hey guys yesterday this Saturday was 3 week the start of upcoming 1,600 Miles series. I'm posting the individual race details for the 1st 2 races. The details for races 3 through 8 are available in the race schedule on GT Planet league forum Post 4.

Next Race

Race Details
High-Speed Ring Reverse, 91 Laps Race, 245.7 miles (395.4 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain Maybe, Fuel At Start 97%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On

Following Race

Race Details
Brand Hatch Grand Prix, 73 Laps Race, 178.8 miles (287.8 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Fuel At Start 98%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualif ying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On
So what's the deal with SH and rain? I'm assuming we can't run rain tires so we just leave SH on if it rains, correct??

So what's the deal with SH and rain? I'm assuming we can't run rain tires so we just leave SH on if it rains, correct??
They have groves unlike full racing slicks. Plus the 80s era is still before driver safety was taken seriously in racing even in Europe. They didn't start taking it seriously until the death of Senna. And we didn't start caring until the death of Earnhardt.

If you have picked a car for this season what have you picked. Kind of stuck on deciding which 1 I should pick. So many options now. Hoping someone’s pick inspires me some how to get one picked because then I need to make a livery for it.

If you have picked a car for this season what have you picked. Kind of stuck on deciding which 1 I should pick. So many options now. Hoping someone’s pick inspires me some how to get one picked because then I need to make a livery for it.
I think the late 80s early 90s will be the way to go. Do to the better aero options but, that's just a guess. I only used 1 car for testing with the same basic set for every track I tested on. I tried my best minimize advantage gained during testing. Along with being consistent at each track. Testing with the same car prevented me comparing against it's competitors. Now that series details have been released. I've tuned or found about 2 handfuls of cars to try out next time I'm on. Oh I recommend using Sainte-Croix C for overall performance testing. Despite the walls that layout has just about everything you need to know about your car.

They have groves unlike full racing slicks. Plus the 80s era is still before driver safety was taken seriously in racing even in Europe. They didn't start taking it seriously until the death of Senna. And we didn't start caring until the death of Earnhardt.
NASCAR was only recommending the HANS when Dale died, wasn't mandatory yet. NASCAR was very concerned about safety already before Dale's accident, it was only a year earlier when Adam Petty was killed. Tony Roper too.

NASCAR was only recommending the HANS when Dale died, wasn't mandatory yet. NASCAR was very concerned about safety already before Dale's accident, it was only a year earlier when Adam Petty was killed. Tony Roper too.
Even in all Dale Earnhardt tributes. NASCAR admits they didn't take driver safety seriously enough until after his death.

All sanctioning bodies say that after the death of a driver.
True but, I think before those deaths. People somehow thought that the more talented the drivers were immortal. Reality hit NASCAR at their biggest event of the season in front of everyone.

Damn looks like I’ll probably miss the first week, because I think I’ll be staying over in VA for work that weekend. I do like that track too. 😢
Sorry little I can do about that. I kind of packed the schedule more than I probably should of as is. I prefer to keep the few postponement dates available for surprises. Good news is you get extra week to choose a ride. And you know you won't be running High-Speed Ring Reverse. As suggestion you could trying calling out with Covid or something like that. I don't recommend going through with this irresponsible choice for employment security.

Last edited:
Sorry little I can do about that. I kind of packed the schedule more than I probably should of as is. I prefer to keep the few postponement dates available for surprises. Good news is you get extra week to choose a ride. And you know you won't be running High-Speed Ring Reverse. As suggestion you could trying calling out with Covid or something like that. I don't recommend going through with this irresponsible choice for employment security.

I know, but I would have enjoyed that track. I will most likely be off work but will still be in a hotel. Wish hotels gave you really fast internet then I’d join.

I know, but I would have enjoyed that track. I will most likely be off work but will still be in a hotel. Wish hotels gave you really fast internet then I’d join.
I thought your a wheel driver. I think setting it up in a hotel room would be annoying. Plus who knows if the hotel TV would be up to date enough to run a PS5.

I thought your a wheel driver. I think setting it up in a hotel room would be annoying. Plus who knows if the hotel TV would be up to date enough to run a PS5.

No, I’ve been on a controller. Sprained my ankle right before time off when I was going to try to switch. I leave the PS5 at home, need to leave it for the wife to play. I use my laptop and the remote play app.

I can play custom races with a bit of lag but even the online time trials are too laggy to do.

No, I’ve been on a controller. Sprained my ankle right before time off when I was going to try to switch. I leave the PS5 at home, need to leave it for the wife to play. I use my laptop and the remote play app.

I can play custom races with a bit of lag but even the online time trials are too laggy to do.
Wait you can remote play the PS5 through the app? I know you can buy and download games through the app. I didn't know you can play games. Judging by how rare female video game racers are. I'm going to guess your wife doesn't play GT7? Since I started racing online against other players in GT5. I've only met 1 confirmed female GT player years ago during GT6 era.

Last edited:
I decided to ban use of Fully Customizable: Racing Transmission. This transmission is essential you installing a sequential or flappy Transmission into the car. This kind of transmission didn't start being used in some cars until the mid 90s at earliest. So It's a bit too sophisticated us. You may use Fully Customizable: Manual Transmission for custom gearing. This transmission is a H-Pattern Transmission. The difference is longer gear changes. And yes it still works for automatic players.

Oh and I'm sad to report that Volvo 240 comes of up about 20 PP short of 580pp. I won't stop anyone from using if you wish to race the wagon but, you'll be at a performance handicap.

Last edited:
Hey guys this Saturday is 2 weeks until the open race of the 1,600 Miles Series. I am posting updated car regulations. Some changes have been made. Do to details I've forgotten about. Notably the ban use of the sequential Fully Customizable Racing Transmission. The Full Ban of Fuel Mapping for Manual (MT) Drivers and Restricted use of Fuel Mapping for Automatic (AT) Drivers.

Car Regulations

Current of 8/23/24.
Special Regulations
*1989 or Older
*Reverse Grandfathering for car models that began production before 1990. List of eligible grandfathered cars provide below.
*Road *Road Cars, Race Cars, and Dated Concepts Allowed
*No Non-dated Cars
*Car must have working lights
*No Gr.1 Group C
*Fully Customizable: Racing Transmission Prohibited
*Fuel Mapping (AT) Automatic Drivers may use only up to Fuel Map Setting 3 without penalty.
*Fuel Mapping (MT) Use of Fuel Mapping is Prohibited for Manual Drivers.

Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari Testarossa '91
Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X '90
Volvo 240 SE Estate 1993

Regulations
*580 pp
*No BOP
*Tuning Allowed
*Sports Hards Tires Only
*No Nitrous
*No Engine Swaps
*Tires x4
*Fuel x2
*Only ABS and Driving Line Allowed

Last edited:
I know you can buy and download games through the app.
There are 2 different apps:
1724416471454.png

some games also have additional apps, either optional or required to work.

Hey guys this Saturday is 2 weeks until the open race of the 1,600 Miles Series. I am posting updated car regulations. Some changes have been made. Do to details I've forgotten about. Notably the ban use of the sequential Fully Customizable Racing Transmission. The Full Ban of Fuel Mapping for Manual (MT) Drivers and Restricted use of Fuel Mapping for Automatic (AT) Drivers.

Car Regulations

Current of 8/23/24.
Special Regulations
*1989 or Older
*Reverse Grandfathering for car models that began production before 1990. List of eligible grandfathered cars provide below.
*Road *Road Cars, Race Cars, and Dated Concepts Allowed
*No Non-dated Cars
*Car must have working lights
*No Gr.1 Group C
*Fully Customizable: Racing Transmission Prohibited
*Fuel Mapping (AT) Automatic Drivers may use only up to Fuel Map Setting 3 without penalty.
*Fuel Mapping (MT) Use of Fuel Mapping is Prohibited for Manual Drivers.

Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari Testarossa '91
Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X '90
Volvo 240 SE Estate 1993

Regulations
*580 pp
*No BOP
*Tuning Allowed
*Sports Hards Tires Only
*No Nitrous
*No Engine Swaps
*Tires x4
*Fuel x2
*Only ABS and Driving Line Allowed
What do you mean by fuel mapping, where you can change fuel map on board 1-6 while driving? If so I am guessing you didn't think it thru very hard, I never use the fuel map to save fuel yet I save fuel all the time, you saw me do it at Daytona to beat that extremely fast Nissan. You will be handcuffing the A/T user's though.

Back