Saturday Night 1,600 Miles Classic Sports Car Series, Next Race 9/28/24, 3. 310 km of Nurburgring N, Open 7pm, Qualifying 8pm, Race 8:30pm Eastern USOpen 

What do you mean by fuel mapping, where you can change fuel map on board 1-6 while driving? If so I am guessing you didn't think it thru very hard, I never use the fuel map to save fuel yet I save fuel all the time, you saw me do it at Daytona to beat that extremely fast Nissan. You will be handcuffing the A/T user's though.
I rarely used Fuel Mapping because it's too distracting for me. Besides maybe F1 cars would have the technology of Fuel Mapping. So I'm fully prohibiting it use for Manual Drivers. Automatic Drivers are restricted only up 3.

Wait you can remote play the PS5 through the app? I know you can buy and download games through the app. I didn't know you can play games. Judging by how rare female video game racers are. I'm going to guess your wife doesn't play GT7? Since I started racing online against other players in GT5. I've only met 1 confirmed female GT player years ago during GT6 era.

No she can’t play GT7 very well but she got in my rig last weekend and didn’t do too bad. I race with a group that’s got 2-6 ladies racing at any one time. And they all are fast as hell.

Yes you can use the remote play app to play on the ps5 but it requires a fast connection and to be on WiFi or a wired Internet connection. I used to use remote play on my phone to take pictures of liveries and stuff but I learned how to get your screenshots from the normal ps app.

No she can’t play GT7 very well but she got in my rig last weekend and didn’t do too bad. I race with a group that’s got 2-6 ladies racing at any one time. And they all are fast as hell.

Yes you can use the remote play app to play on the ps5 but it requires a fast connection and to be on WiFi or a wired Internet connection. I used to use remote play on my phone to take pictures of liveries and stuff but I learned how to get your screenshots from the normal ps app.
Yeah I just learned there is 2 PS Apps. What happened to combining all the apps into 1 thing a few years ago.

I rarely used Fuel Mapping because it's too distracting for me. Besides maybe F1 cars would have the technology of Fuel Mapping. So I'm fully prohibiting it use for Manual Drivers. Automatic Drivers are restricted only up 3.
What does F1 and fuel mapping have to do with this race series? I guess that you don't get the fact that fuel mapping is unneeded for manual cars to save fuel and why restrict its use for automatic users?? If "realism" is the goal with this series and tires are limited and specific transmissions are illegal why are automatics allowed, has anyone ever used anything but a manual in a real road race car??

No only 1 can play at a time. If my wife is playing and I log in it is just like if someone is sitting next to you and pushes the PS button on the second controller.
Well if you log into that person's account at a different location it will kick them. I learned that by having my brother log in to my account at home while I was visiting my weird friend. And then I logged into my account at my friend's house to see what happens. To my surprise it kicked the account at home off with anyway warning.
After learning I to password protected my login at my friends house. Because of even by accident my friend log me out while I'm in the middle playing.

What does F1 and fuel mapping have to do with this race series? I guess that you don't get the fact that fuel mapping is unneeded for manual cars to save fuel and why restrict its use for automatic users?? If "realism" is the goal with this series and tires are limited and specific transmissions are illegal why are automatics allowed, has anyone ever used anything but a manual in a real road race car??
P.S. Customizable transmissions are not banned. Just the more modern Fully Customizable: Racing Transmission. You can still use the Fully Customizable: Manual Transmission available next to the Full LSD. It saves like 10 PP and some credits.

And yeah it is for realism cars won't have fuel mapping yet. Except I realize automated drivers are at disadvantage. That's why I'm only restricting it for automatic instead of a full ban. Unless your going to tell the race cars you worked on in the 80s had active fuel mapping technology. The ones that might a early from would be maybe F1. And I not even positive on that.

P.S. Customizable transmissions are not banned. Just the more modern Fully Customizable: Racing Transmission. You can still use the Fully Customizable: Manual Transmission available next to the Full LSD. It saves like 10 PP and some credits.

And yeah it is for realism cars won't have fuel mapping yet. Except I realize automated drivers are at disadvantage. That's why I'm only restricting it for automatic instead of a full ban. Unless your going to tell the race cars you worked on in the 80s had active fuel mapping technology. The ones that might a early from would be maybe F1. And I not even positive on that.
But for the sake of realism why are autos allowed? They never raced with automatic transmissions that kinda sticks a pin in the realism thing, dont you think. I know about the semi-racing trans.
Non of this affects me at all but just curious why some things you worry about realism then completely abandon it at other times.

But for the sake of realism why are autos allowed? They never raced with automatic transmissions that kinda sticks a pin in the realism thing, dont you think. I know about the semi-racing trans.
Non of this affects me at all but just curious why some things you worry about realism then completely abandon it at other times.
I'm not banning automatic shifting because not a lot run manual shifting. Out of our usual group. You and I are they only ones who run manual. Unless you really want 8 races with just the 2 of us. I'm also not banning ABS for a similar reason. Plus road cars did start getting ABS in the late 70s.

Automatic transmissions were used in racing back when experimenting was allowed. Did you ever wonder why Chaparral 2J and 2D from previous games are only has 3 gears. They ran automatic transmissions.

Hey guys do to the special regulations for this I feel a testing day is needed. So I booked a 2 Hours 30 Minutes Practice next week Saturday 8/31. Along with a non scoring half distance practice race at St Croix C. This is a great track to test out most of the need to know of your car. It also doesn't give an advantage to those who can't make it. Light damage will be on for practice. Will be switched to heavy for the race. You will not be locked in your ride if enter the race. No qualifying the race is shotgun start.

8/31, 0. Prologue 160 km of St Croix C
Race Details
Circuit de Sainte-Croix C Forward, 15 Laps Race, 100.9 miles (162.4 km), Afternoon Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Fuel At Start 93%, No Qualifying Shotgun Start, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On, Extended 2 Hrs 30 Mins Practice, Light Damage for Practice Only, Practice Race 9:30pm EDT, No Points Scoring

Last edited:
Hey guys do to the special regulations for this I feel a testing day is needed. So I booked a 2 Hours 30 Minutes Practice next week Saturday 8/31. Along with a non scoring half distance practice race at St Croix C. This is a great track to test out most of the need to know your car. It also doesn't give an advantage to those who can't make it. Light damage will be on for practice. Will be switched to heavy for the race. You will not be locked in your ride if enter the race. No qualifying the race is shotgun start.

Race Details
Circuit de Sainte-Croix C Forward, 15 Laps Race, 100.9 miles (162.4 km), Afternoon Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Fuel At Start 93%, No Qualifying Shotgun Start, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On, Extended 2 Hrs 30 Mins Practice, Light Damage In Practice Only, Practice Race 9:30pm EDT, No Points Scoring
What is shotgun start? Standing start??

Hey guys I noticed I decided remind myself of my amazing math skills by posting the incorrect time change setting for all events for the 1,600 Miles Series. All races are supposed to x3 not x6 for time change. I've now done all unnecessary extra work to correct this mistake for the permanently posted schedule in GT Planet league forum post #4.

I'm not banning automatic shifting because not a lot run manual shifting. Out of our usual group. You and I are they only ones who run manual. Unless you really want 8 races with just the 2 of us. I'm also not banning ABS for a similar reason. Plus road cars did start getting ABS in the late 70s.

Automatic transmissions were used in racing back when experimenting was allowed. Did you ever wonder why Chaparral 2J and 2D from previous games are only has 3 gears. They ran automatic transmissions.
I’m manual as well. League racing kind of pushed me there. Plus I gained like 3/5 a second a lap on virtually every track.

Well if you log into that person's account at a different location it will kick them. I learned that by having my brother log in to my account at home while I was visiting my weird friend. And then I logged into my account at my friend's house to see what happens. To my surprise it kicked the account at home off with anyway warning.
After learning I to password protected my login at my friends house. Because of even by accident my friend log me out while I'm in the middle playing.

My wife and I have different accounts so it doesn’t log her off if she is playing it tells me to push PS button to take control though.

I’m manual as well. League racing kind of pushed me there. Plus I gained like 3/5 a second a lap on virtually every track.
Oh when did you start learning? And how comfortable are you with it yet. I honestly didn't feel gained much in lap times when I switched to manual shifting. I'm a slow learner for just about everything it took over year to get fully comfortable with manual. The biggest benefit I feel is fuel mileage. I can't believe how much fuel you can save over automatic when your not even trying too.

And yeah it is for realism cars won't have fuel mapping yet. Except I realize automated drivers are at disadvantage. That's why I'm only restricting it for automatic instead of a full ban.
The main problem I would see would be that using fuel mapping to make it over distance is already putting you at a disadvantage vs a manual transmission driver who is running FM1.
Manual shifting + FM1 is both faster and saves more than having the game do automatic shifting and selecting any leaner fuel mix.
For long races it is more of a comfort option than it is useful or requires constantly changing it by demand of the track, in which case it is more complex than learning doing manual shifting.

Oh when did you start learning? And how comfortable are you with it yet. I honestly didn't feel gained much in lap times when I switched to manual shifting. I'm a slow learner for just about everything it took over year to get fully comfortable with manual. The biggest benefit I feel is fuel mileage. I can't believe how much fuel you can save over automatic when your not even trying too.

I quit auto cold turkey. I switched it off and didn’t go back. I think it was February when I did that. I think the first 1 or 2 substitute drives I did I was still auto.

I’m not great with gas mileage normally but if I try I can save quite a bit, but I do sacrifice more speed than others I think.

I gained the speed mostly from eliminating unnecessary shifts. Sometimes in auto it shifts 100-200 feet before the end of a straight and you actually lose 1-2mph and don’t make it up, if you keep in that lower gear you can gain 2-3 mph. I also noticed others on dailies that some corners they’d go to 2nd but auto kept me in 3rd. Then other corners they would be in 2nd to not wheel spin and auto would put you in 1st and I’d just light up the tires. I’m pretty good with it sometimes I go down 1 too many gears or not down enough.

The saving without trying happens sometimes when you have a car that the ideal shift point is like 500-1000 rpm before redline. It actually saves you fuel and makes you faster.

That first 2-3 weeks I forgot that I had to shift till it bounced off the limiter for a longer time than I’d like to admit.

Hey guys I reminder this Saturday of test session and half distance Prologue race. The lobby will open by the usual time of 7pm a 2 hour 30 minutes test. Time and weather change will be active and sped up so you can experience the track at different temperatures. Though it can not rain at the St Croix tracks. The Prologue race will start about 9:30pm. The race will be 1st lap past 160km which will be about a 1 hour race. This is non points race so there no penalty if you can't make it. And you don't have to keep the car you enter.

Race Details
Circuit de Sainte-Croix C Forward, 15 Laps Race, 100.9 miles (162.4 km), Afternoon Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving Maybe, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Fuel At Start 93%, No Qualifying Random Starting Position, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On, Extended 2 Hrs 30 Mins Practice, Light Damage for Practice Only, Practice Race 9:30pm EDT, No Points Scoring

1600 Miles Car Regulations

Current of 8/23/24.
Special Regulations
*1989 or Older
*Reverse Grandfathering for car models that began production before 1990. List of eligible grandfathered cars provide below.
*Road Cars, Race Cars, and Dated Concepts Allowed
*No Non-dated Cars
*Car must have working lights
*No Gr.1 Group C
*Fully Customizable: Racing Transmission Cannot Be Used
*Fuel Mapping (AT) Automatic Drivers may use only up to Fuel Map Setting 3 without penalty.
*Fuel Mapping (MT) Use of Fuel Mapping is Fully Prohibited for Manual Drivers.

Reverse Grandfathered Cars List

Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari Testarossa '91
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X '90
Mercedes 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91
Nissan Silvia S13 Ks Dia Selection '90
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R Nismo '90
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R V-Spec II '94
Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS '92
Volvo 240 SE Estate 1993

Regulations

*580 pp
*No BOP
*Tuning Allowed
*Sports Hards Tires Only
*No Nitrous
*No Engine Swaps
*Tires x4
*Fuel x2
*Only ABS and Driving Line Allowed

Last edited:
Hey guys I reminder this Saturday of test session and half distance Prologue race. The lobby will open by the usual time of 7pm a 2 hour 30 minutes test. Time and weather change will be active and sped up so you can experience the track at different temperatures. Though it can not rain at the St Croix tracks. The Prologue race will start about 9:30pm. The race will be 1st lap past 160km which will be about a 1 hour race. This is non points race so there no penalty if you can't make it. And you have to keep the car you enter.

Race Details
Circuit de Sainte-Croix C Forward, 15 Laps Race, 100.9 miles (162.4 km), Afternoon Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving Maybe, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Fuel At Start 93%, No Qualifying Random Starting Position, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On, Extended 2 Hrs 30 Mins Practice, Light Damage for Practice Only, Practice Race 9:30pm EDT, No Points Scoring

1600 Miles Car Regulations

Current of 8/23/24.
Special Regulations
*1989 or Older
*Reverse Grandfathering for car models that began production before 1990. List of eligible grandfathered cars provide below.
*Road Cars, Race Cars, and Dated Concepts Allowed
*No Non-dated Cars
*Car must have working lights
*No Gr.1 Group C
*Fully Customizable: Racing Transmission Cannot Be Used
*Fuel Mapping (AT) Automatic Drivers may use only up to Fuel Map Setting 3 without penalty.
*Fuel Mapping (MT) Use of Fuel Mapping is Fully Prohibited for Manual Drivers.

Reverse Grandfathered Cars List

Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari Testarossa '91
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X '90
Mercedes 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91
Nissan Silvia S13 Ks Dia Selection '90
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R Nismo '90
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R V-Spec II '94
Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS '92
Volvo 240 SE Estate 1993

Regulations

*580 pp
*No BOP
*Tuning Allowed
*Sports Hards Tires Only
*No Nitrous
*No Engine Swaps
*Tires x4
*Fuel x2
*Only ABS and Driving Line Allowed
So we must use the car we race with at St Croix? I thought we were not locked into a car until the first real race.

191a4663de248-screenshotUrl.jpg

After over 3 hours of 2 lap time trials. I'm being nice and sharing my results. This is the top 13 of the cars I tested. Please note car ran later on had the advantage of me being more in practice with the track. They are also not fine tuned for the track. Some cars may improve greatly they were.

P.S. Don't dismiss the F40. This car gets the best downforce package of anything I've tested So far. It is also only lightly tuned because I only have 1 F40 currently.

1 lap on a general Stratos "tuning" to your rules puts it up to 2nd place of your above time table (I dont know that track).
I have a feeling in a "uses fuel race" it will greatly outrun its competition.

1 lap on a general Stratos "tuning" to your rules puts it up to 2nd place of your above time table (I dont know that track).
I have a feeling in a "uses fuel race" it will greatly outrun its competition.
I only have 1 Stratos. I like to keep a stock version of road cars so choose not to tune it.

Oh, so you'll be joining us? The will be lobby is friends only. So you'll need to send a friend request. Unless you already are a friend. Then in that case I don't know what you're PSN ID is yet.

Last edited:
It's test / prologue day guys. Reminder you don't have to keep your car enter. That was a mistake. Lobby opens for an extended practice by the usual 7pm Eastern US Time. And the 160km prologue race will start about 9:30pm. Race duration about 1 hour. See you'll in few hours.

Back