Saturday Night 1,600 Miles Classic Sports Car Series, Starts 9/7/24, 1. 395 km of High Speed Ring R, Open 7pm, Qualifying 8pm, Race 8:30pm Eastern USOpen 

I just posted the completed details for Saturday race above. I managed to get a few laps before getting off for bed. Unfortunately that's all I'll get until Saturday.

Next Race

7/27, Eiger Nordwand Summer Special

Basic Event Details
Eiger Nordwand Short Track Forward, 90 Minutes Race, Afternoon Start, Time Change x1, Night Driving No, Weather Change Custom, Rain No, Gr.4, BOP Yes, Tuning Allowed, Race Start Type Grid Start, All Racing Tires Allowed, Tires Required All, Tires x5, Fuel x4, Fuel At Start 98%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty None, Realistic Settings

Lobby Schedule

*Lobby Open / Practice Start
EDT / EST 7:00pm
PDT / EST 4:00pm

*Qualifying
EDT / EST 8:30pm
PDT / PST 5:30pm

*Endurance Race Start

EDT / EST 9:00pm
PDT / PST 6:00pm

Note: Eastern Standard / Daylight Savings Time is the advertised time.

Note: I may open early if I have nothing else better to do.

Last edited:
I must warn that there is reported glitches with suspension tuning after the update. I feel I should make sure your all aware. Since I'm allowing tuning for our race Saturday. PDI likely won't patch it until sometime next week at the earliest. Since everyone has to deal the same problems. It's fair game to me. Also I'm not available next week. So the show will go on.

It's race day guys. Less than 24 hours until our race. Now I haven't been on for the last 2 days. But, I've been looking into via YouTube this entertaining but, kind of game breaking glitch from the update. I must ask if you guys think I should restrict suspension tuning for this race do to the glitches? I can restrict specific tuning settings in GT7. Anyways let me know what you guys think about this preferably before I open.

Last edited:
It's race day guys. Less than 24 hours until our race. Now I haven't been on for the last 2 days. But, I've been looking into via YouTube this entertaining but, kind of game breaking glitch from the update. I must ask if you guys think I should restrict suspension tuning for this race do to the glitches? I can restrict specific tuning settings in GT7. Anyways let me know what you guys think about this preferably before I open.
I have tried several GR4 cars without issue, I think this glitch applies mostly to engine swapped cars and the new BMW???

190f7e7497170-screenshotUrl.jpg

Results

Thank you to everyone who attended this weekend's race. I currently don't have anything else planned for the summer. I'm still looking into reviving the 1,000 Miles classic car endurance series from GT4. For a limited run fall league. Until then enjoy the rest of your summer.

Last edited:
Hey guys actually I would like hear thoughts on how to proceed with the 1000 Miles revival. For those of you haven't played Gran Turismo 4. Or don't remember this particular event. The original 1000 Miles was a unique series of races in the European hall for GT4.

The 1000 Miles series was 4 long lap endurance races with a combined total distance of 1000 miles. Race duration was between 1 hour 45 minutes to about 4 hours. Cars were restricted to production cars only 1970 or older. There was no restrictions on tuning but, the AI car were stock. I don't think GT4 had a built in a way to restrict tuning from the player. Since no events restricted tuning.

Since it's nearly 2 decades since the release of GT4. I already plan to move up the cutoff year, even out the duration between the races, and possibly extended the schedule.

Anyways the question is how authentic should I be with the tuning. Should I make this a stock series or should I allow tuning. If tuning is allowed I would have a PP limit and a standardized tire compound. I may open up series to allow more than just historic road cars. There's plenty of historic race cars collecting dust in our garages too.

How you prefer I go with this. Stock historic road cars only or PP limited tuning with historic road & race cars included?

Last edited:
Hey guys actually I would like hear thoughts on how to proceed with the 1000 Miles revival. For those of you haven't played Gran Turismo 4. Or don't remember this particular event. The original 1000 Miles was a unique series of races in the European hall for GT4.

The 1000 Miles series was 4 long lap endurance races with a combined total distance of 1000 miles. Race duration was between 1 hour 45 minutes to about 4 hours. Cars were restricted to production cars only 1970 or older. There was no restrictions on tuning but, the AI car were stock. I don't think GT4 had a built in a way to restrict tuning from the player. Since no events restricted tuning.

Since it's nearly 2 decades since the release of GT4. I already plan to move up the cutoff year, even out the duration between the races, and possibly extended the schedule.

Anyways the question is how authentic should I be with the tuning. Should I make this a stock series or should I allow tuning. If tuning is allowed I would have a PP limit and a standardized tire compound. I may open up series to allow more than just historic road cars. There's plenty of historic race cars collecting dust in our garages too.

How you prefer I go with this. Stock historic road cars only or PP limited tuning with historic road & race cars included?
Anything longer than 2 hours race time I wouldn't be able to partake in unless the medical field has new magic for my knee. It's bad enough after 2 hours, 4 would be unbearable, but don't make any decisions based on me.

Anything longer than 2 hours race time I wouldn't be able to partake in unless the medical field has new magic for my knee. It's bad enough after 2 hours, 4 would be unbearable, but don't make any decisions based on me.
That’s about the focus limit for me.
The race length for the original series varied kind of extremely. I will even out the duration the races so they end close to the same length.

You could do a fixed mileage race. 200 miles regardless of track length rounded up. Just an idea.
This was part of the discussion of my interest in reviving the "1,000 Miles" classic car series from GT4 for my Fall League. I'm probably going extend series from 4 to 6 races and up the collective mileage goal to 1,500 miles. This would require an average 250 miles per race. To prevent races at slower tracks from being too long. I plan to even out race duration. Tracks with higher average speeds will have long races and slower tracks will short races. I have a 2 websites bookmarked that make figuring out average speeds easy.

This was part of the discussion of my interest in reviving the "1,000 Miles" classic car series from GT4 for my Fall League. I'm probably going extend series from 4 to 6 races and up the collective mileage goal to 1,500 miles. This would require an average 250 miles per race. To prevent races at slower tracks from being too long. I plan to even out race duration. Tracks with higher average speeds will have long races and slower tracks will short races. I have a 2 websites bookmarked that make figuring out average speeds easy.
In order to do the 30 min races I take the fastest lap time then use a sheet I have to calculate based on the length of the track how many laps it will take to run 30 min. Works like a charm. You could use the same sheet to keep your races the same length of time regardless how fast the cars are.

Last edited:
In order to do the 30 min races I take the fastest lap time then use a sheet I have to calculate based on the length of the track how many laps it will take to run 30 min. Works like a charm. You could use the same sheet to keep your races the same length of time regardless how fast the cars are.
I know how to figure out race distances. The 3 Rs were my subjects in school. Which is why all paperwork for this league is digital and I avoid doing my own math as much as possible. Plus it reduces human error.

Reading, righting, and rithmatic????
Yeah something like that but, not exactly in that order. Reading, arithmetic, and writing in order from worst to best. I'm bad at writing in terms of legible but, I write slow and can't spell. Never quite got the whole silent letters thing. Why am I writing letters that don't make a sound? Then there's all the rule exceptions. Some sounds have different spellings. Others sounds do not. Screw whoever can up the English language. As of for math. I can do basic math if I have too but, I actively avoid when possible. Anything more advanced than is a no. I'm convinced so of that advanced stuff was just busy working. After asking my one math teacher what this type of math is used for. And they had no idea. Then why was I required to learn it? Wasn't going into anything that required it. I'm now 34 and have yet to make use of it in life.

The written word would be confusing without silent letters, "how do I know" becomes "how do I now", "write" becomes "rite", "knee" would be "nee" etc.

As far as the math thing I regret not knowing as much math as I should, especially geometry, it would be invaluable for me virtually everyday. Thing is when you are young and in school you don't know what "skills" you may need in the future, even having more English class would have been nice just to write more eloquently.

The written word would be confusing without silent letters, "how do I know" becomes "how do I now", "write" becomes "rite", "knee" would be "nee" etc.

As far as the math thing I regret not knowing as much math as I should, especially geometry, it would be invaluable for me virtually everyday. Thing is when you are young and in school you don't know what "skills" you may need in the future, even having more English class would have been nice just to write more eloquently.
Yes an others languages just use symbols above the letters to change the sound of vowels. Instead of lengthening the word by putting in letters that don't need to be there. Mean of a word could can be learned by the context around it. Am I not write. We don't need all these different spellings "right, rite, and write." Especially when we have other words in the language we the same spelling for different means. For sound changes then yeah. Know and now are different sounding words. The reason knee looks wrong without the K is because you were thought it is. All the K does is change were you find knee in dictionaries and med books. Why are the stand alone words A and I exist but, the word "you" requires extra letters.

As for math you pointed out a complaint I forgot about. How many people actually retain advanced math and English without going into something they need it for right after high school. Most people still have no clue what they are going to do with their lives yet. I'm now 34 and still have done anything constructive to benefit society. I've spent my time outside of school dealing with family issues or health problems or sometimes both.

Last edited:
Yes an others languages just use symbols above the letters to change the sound of vowels. Instead of lengthening the word by putting in letters that don't need to be there. Mean of a word could can be learned by the context around it. Am I not write. We don't need all these different spellings "right, rite, and write." Especially when we have other words in the language we the same spelling for different means. For sound changes then yeah. Know and now are different sounding words. The reason knee looks wrong without the K is because you were thought it is. All the K does is change were you find knee in dictionaries and med books. Why are the stand alone words A and I exist but, the word "you" requires extra letters.

As for math you pointed out a complaint I forgot about. How many people actually retain advanced math and English without going into something they need it for right after high school. Most people still have no clue what they are going to do with their lives yet. I'm now 34 and still have done anything constructive to benefit society. I've spent my time outside of school dealing with family issues or health problems or sometimes both.
I don't find the English language even with the silent letters and weird spelling to be that difficult, it's easily learned by rote or is it wrote?
The "nee" thing is used in obits all the time to reference maiden names of married females.

I don't find the English language even with the silent letters and weird spelling to be that difficult, it's easily learned by rote or is it wrote?
The "nee" thing is used in obits all the time to reference maiden names of married females.
Tell this to people first learning the language. English is high on the list of difficult to learn languages. Especially for those who are not native to it. Though the biggest difficult is not the silent letters but, how much the language use idioms and other sayings that don't mean their face value.

Tell this to people first learning the language. English is high on the list of difficult to learn languages. Especially for those who are not native to it. Though the biggest difficult is not the silent letters but, how much the language use idioms and other sayings that don't mean their face value.
Are you bilingual? I would imagine learning any second language (other than Pig Latin) is difficult for an adult.

Hey guys I got some news. I'm happy to report that race schedule for the 1000 Miles classic car series revival is set. Consist of 7 historical world circuits and 1 original track for a total of 8 races. I will start working on GT Planet forum post #4. Where this series will be presented from.

I've also decided to fully allow tuning with the Historic Masters PP limit of 580pp and Sports Hards as a standard tire to simulate the grip levels of the past. I'm using Historic Masters upper age limit 1989 with special conditions.

Hey guys I got some news. I'm happy to report that race schedule for the 1000 Miles classic car series revival is set. Consist of 7 historical world circuits and 1 original track for a total of 8 races. I will start working on GT Planet forum post #4. Where this series will be presented from.

I've also decided to fully allow tuning with the Historic Masters PP limit of 580pp and Sports Hards as a standard tire to simulate the grip levels of the past. I'm using Historic Masters upper age limit 1989 with special conditions.
By the mid 80's Corvettes and some of the WS6 Firebirds come from GM with Goodyear Gatorbacks, they were over $400 each way back then, I would hardly call that a sport hard tire, I had customers that would use them up in a day at a track day event. Just sayin

Back