Second school shooting plan foiled

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 36 comments
This is true in Washington too.

Same question.

Yes, it is legal to open carry a firearm in Washington without any license needed. The state law also has a preemption clause that prevents local cities and municipalities from enacting stricter restrictions on open carry, along with on many other gun related laws.

Though as Keef said, it's one of those, legal, but not socially accepted things.

Does the State constitution protect the right? If it does, how can cities prohibit them? Cities have to work within their state's constitution, eh?

Sorry for the late response, but this is where I got my info awhile back:
KGW
Also, state statutes do allow cities and counties to impose ordinances that prohibit or restrict the possession of loaded firearms in public places. About a half-dozen cities have done that, including Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem and Independence, according to opencarry.org.

link

There is a small town I have to drive though on my way to some pretty sweet quail hunting. They have a no gun ordinance for everyone, not sure if it includes in home or not. I Always feel like a cool villain as I drive though lol.

I should look up the law and see what the penalty is, I'm guessing it's a misdemeanor though, I think they placed the law because the area is thick with pheasant and farmers, probably got sick of poachers.

:lol: :D

I just found the law, basically the whole town is considered the same as a no gun zone you would find in a big city, not a big deal really.

Back