Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,662 comments
Since I switched to homemade cigars I’ve had nothing but health problems.

I’m going back to the pipe in a bid to reduce my tobacco consumption to reasonable levels.
I'm an avid cigar smoker - now I'm curious what problems you had that made you switch to the pipe?

I'm an avid cigar smoker - now I'm curious what problems you had that made you switch to the pipe?
I switched from cigs to pipe about 5 or 6 years ago. I grew to dislike cigarettes.

Recently I tried to quit tobacco and threw out my pipes. Not being able to quit, I started rolling cigars since I had no pipes to smoke.

For some reason I began chain smoking cigars and inhaling all the way. My lungs and heart were not please. So I’m going back to pipe smoking which reduces my consumption (it’s quite difficult to chain smoke a pipe) and I’m not inhaling the entire thing.

I switched from cigs to pipe about 5 or 6 years ago. I grew to dislike cigarettes.

Recently I tried to quit tobacco and threw out my pipes. Not being able to quit, I started rolling cigars since I had no pipes to smoke.

For some reason I began chain smoking cigars and inhaling all the way. My lungs and heart were not please. So I’m going back to pipe smoking which reduces my consumption (it’s quite difficult to chain smoke a pipe) and I’m not inhaling the entire thing.
Ohhh yeah, inhaling cigars is a big no-no. I'm quite amazed you could inhale cigars at all, I did that a couple times (accidentally) and it burned my lungs, it felt like I sucked on a chimney.

Ohhh yeah, inhaling cigars is a big no-no. I'm quite amazed you could inhale cigars at all, I did that a couple times (accidentally) and it burned my lungs, it felt like I sucked on a chimney.
Many years of cigarette smoking made it hard for me not to inhale. I’m sure you can imagine the trouble caused by smoking cigars like cigarettes.

DSC_1977.JPG

TB
I made it half way through the movie and was bored. Haven't gone back to finish it. :guilty:

I’ve read similar stories from others too.

I’m a fan of the Director (Loved “Monsters”)

The UHD is supposed to be a stunner so I think I’m more excited for the eye candy rather than story etc.

The shoes however make me regret that I have eyes.
Best combination to go from the summit of Haleakalā National Park and into the Pacific Ocean. My boots and water would be terrible and flip-flops and hiking don't get along.

How are the shoes I have RA arthritis and neuropathy, I used to be barefoot and have flip-flops if I went inside somewhere. Now my feet hurt all the way up to my knees, not sure footed .lf walking on a steep hill do your feet slide around. If I get out of bed I put on house shoes because afraid of toe injuries.
I've only warn them around the house a bit to break them in so I can't really say but they're sure to be more stable than flip-flops. Arch support seems pretty decent and the cushioning feels good. The rubber capped toe box should do a good job of protecting the toes if you kick anything.

TB
I've only warn them around the house a bit to break them in so I can't really say but they're sure to be more stable than flip-flops. Arch support seems pretty decent and the cushioning feels good. The rubber capped toe box should do a good job of protecting the toes if you kick anything.
Thanks read some good reviews on Amazon price didn't seem too bad, might try to get a pair before spring to break them in.

Thanks read some good reviews on Amazon price didn't seem too bad, might try to get a pair before spring to break them in.
Regarding the price, I couldn't turn these down with them being "used, like new" and half price. They look like they've never been touched.

So two more UHD Preorders

IMG_0201.jpeg

Had to order this from the US as the BFCC asked for the scene with the rat breathing liquid be cut from the film under animal cruelty laws.

It was originally cut from the DVD versions in the UK but James Cameron has refused to cut it this time around so the BFCC have banned the film from sale in the UK.

IMG_0202.jpeg

No animal cruelty issues here so this is getting a UHD release so put my order in the the UK for this one.

Well, it only took nearly 8 years, but I finally got myself a Switch.

20240126_004310.jpg

A friend got the Zelda Edition OLED pretty much the moment it was available, and offered me their old OLED Switch at a number I couldn't really say no to. Got NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered to go with it, alongside a physical copy of the new Forza, and Lethal Skies, because why the hell not.

In preparation, I also ordered a 2nd CableDeconn HDMI Switcher from Amazon. I already have one for my Series X and Xbox 360, so this one will be for my PS3 and the Switch.

HDMI switcher.jpg

The main things I still need to get for the Switch are a Pro Controller, and a Micro SD card for extra storage.

I went to IKEA today
Not sure if I should be ashamed or proud of myself but I've never set foot in an Ikea store nor purchased anything from them online.
No aversion to the company it's just I've never felt the need.

Back