Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,505 comments
Got even more CDs yesterday! :dopey: Started out as a search for the Country Music Classics CD pictured here, but the seller had a sale so if I bought 2, I get one free, so I took advantage of it.

Country Music Classics Volume V 1975-1980. Got this one because I had a low-quality mp3 of it I was looking to replace. For a long time, it didn't matter if I wanted to buy the CD or resort to some non-AUP-friendly means, I could NEVER find it with decent sound quality. That was until I saw it for cheap while browsing and as you can imagine, I was eager to get ahold of it. Not only did it mean I would get that song in decent sound quality, but it also meant I'd be able to make a high-quality scan of the cover since none exists yet that I can find. Of course, theirs some other familiar faces on there I know and like, so theirs even more to like! :)
Montgomery Gentry - You Do Your Thing. Been a fan of Montgomery Gentry almost as long as I've been into country music and this is one that's been on my list of CD's to buy for a while and now it's finally mine! The songs "Something to be Proud of", "If You Ever Stop Loving Me" and "Gone" are all childhood favorites of mine, all of which are on here so you can easily imagine why I wanted it. Glad to finally have it! :D
Dixie Chicks - Fly. The Dixie Chicks (known as "The Chicks" now) are a group I have listened to some and had a few songs I really liked, but I never paid much attention to them before and that was something I really wanted to change. With that sale going on and this being an eligible item, I decided now was the time to finally commit to it and I am glad I did!
IMG_2101.JPEG

Really glad to finally have that compilation CD on hand, I was surprised to see it and the others are also a welcome addition to my collection as well. 😎

Last edited:
8165UZWP+AL._SY522_.jpg

With his days in the Underdark far behind him, drow ranger Drizzt Do’Urden sets down roots in the windswept Ten-Towns of Icewind Dale. A cold and unforgiving place, Ten-Towns sits on the brink of a catastrophic war, threatened by the barbarian tribes of the north.

It’s in the midst of battle that a young barbarian named Wulfgar is captured and made the ward of Bruenor, a grizzled dwarf leader and a companion to Drizzt. With Drizzt’s help, Wulfgar will grow from a feral child to a man with the heart of a dwarf, the instincts of a savage, and the soul of a hero. But it will take even more than that to defeat the corrupt wizard who wields the demonic power of Crenshininbon—the fabled Crystal Shard.

Last edited:
View attachment 1317853

With his days in the Underdark far behind him, drow ranger Drizzt Do’Urden sets down roots in the windswept Ten-Towns of Icewind Dale. A cold and unforgiving place, Ten-Towns sits on the brink of a catastrophic war, threatened by the barbarian tribes of the north.

It’s in the midst of battle that a young barbarian named Wulfgar is captured and made the ward of Bruenor, a grizzled dwarf leader and a companion to Drizzt. With Drizzt’s help, Wulfgar will grow from a feral child to a man with the heart of a dwarf, the instincts of a savage, and the soul of a hero. But it will take even more than that to defeat the corrupt wizard who wields the demonic power of Crenshininbon—the fabled Crystal Shard.
I’ve played in Icewind Dale. It’s a pretty inhospitable place.

Late Birthday/Christmas present arrived at last!! 😁... Got these two on Amazon for about $53 (+ shipping since Amazon isn't available in Latin America but we have at least an inbetweener called tiendamia.com).

I know from a previous experience generic Amazon controllers can be a pain on PS4 and a bit crappy, but these two had great reviews and, for the elite one (top), there even review videos on YouTube praising it for being a bang-for-buck! And I was lucky to get those awesome looking custom plates I've swap from the boring black stock ones! 😁

IMG_20240109_141256.jpg

Also, for a backup, I've found as well this cool looking fake dualsense (doesn't work for PS5, but I don't care since I'm yet to have one, pointing now to the upcoming PS5 Pro) which, for the bargain it was, at first touch it didn't feel that cheap, and also has a turbo button and two reprogrammable buttons on the back as well, it even came with those well-current season-fitting summer themed joystick covers! 😁 (Those look cool, but I don't like them too much, so I swapped them to ones the elite one came with)

IMG_20240109_143601.jpg

Gotta say, for 53 bucks, and considering I bought them past christmas, it was a great deal!! 😁

Last edited:
I’ve played in Icewind Dale. It’s a pretty inhospitable place.
Kuldahar though!

Icewind Dale / ten towns is probably my favorite fantasy region ever, played both games (+ heart of winter) by Bioware and Black Isle Studios and they were just beyond amazing.

Last edited:
Kuldahar though!

Icewind Dale / ten towns is probably my favorite fantasy region ever, played both games (+ heart of winter) by Bioware and Black Isle Studios and they were just beyond amazing.
My former DM ran a 4 part one-shot and it was the most tense, desperate and exciting game.
The setting lends itself so well to fantasy gaming.

IMG_9352.jpeg

Since I switched to homemade cigars I’ve had nothing but health problems.

I’m going back to the pipe in a bid to reduce my tobacco consumption to reasonable levels.

I’ve always loved a church warden (this is my third) because they deliver a cooler smoke.

On order from Poland. I hope it doesn’t take too long. I really need the change of habit.

View attachment 1318881

Since I switched to homemade cigars I’ve had nothing but health problems.

I’m going back to the pipe in a bid to reduce my tobacco consumption to reasonable levels.

I’ve always loved a church warden (this is my third) because they deliver a cooler smoke.

On order from Poland. I hope it doesn’t take too long. I really need the change of habit.
Tweed suit next? 🥺

I went to the bike shop and got some ‘fancy’ gloves, cloth bar tape and some chain lubricant - the lubricant is so much better than what I had before.

IMG_8968.jpeg

I decided to do a decent cleaning of the bike, removing crank, chain, etc, then re-wrapped the handlebars neatly.

I’m thinking of getting some leather bar tape soon, but the cloth should do for now. The gloves are honestly a game changer for the weather.

So I got $25 Walmart gift card from college recently and I spent it on more music last week and they came today! :)
So what got is:
Cledus T. Judd - Bipolar and Proud. Been partial to Cledus for nearly 20 years now ever since "I love NASCAR" came out. I used to get excited for it every time it came on CMT and in recent years, I've listened to his music even more than ever before. So now, I finally decided to grab one of his albums because not only do I need a lossless rip of the aforementioned song, but I wanted to give him a proper look now since he's got some pretty funny stuff worth checking out. 👍
Totally Country Vol. 4. Gosh, this one is a childhood throwback for me. Quick backstory, when I was around the age of 9 or 10, my grandma got satellite one day and my family used to tape CMT and we would watch that tape at home since we didn't have it at the time. Let's just say I used to love doing that and if you have to ask me when I realized what my preference for music was, that was it and that's honestly where it all started for me. That said, this CD has a number of songs from that time period I can remember hearing and it's easily the most exciting one of the 4 for me. I was only after 1 of them, but lord knows I found more than just that.
Sugarland - Love On The Inside (Deluxe Fan Edition). Love Sugarland and theirs quite a few on that one I really like, some I already have and need to replace with better audio and others I don't have yet. Sugarland is a group I honestly want to give more proper attention to and I guess now is the time!
Totally Country Vol. 2. Like the others, I bought it for the sake of getting lossless rips of some songs I already have, but it has some songs I know and like on it as well, which was just enough to convince me to buy it.
IMG_2116.JPEG

Normally this is where I'd end it on a pleasant note, but that's not quite what happened this time, unfortunately. :boggled: So what's the problem here?
1. I don't know what they were doing, but on the Cledus T. Judd album and Totally Country Vol. 2, it looks like someone took a flipping rotary tool and drilled through a portion of the CD case. Fortunately, it's only cosmetic and the CD's are fine, but why?! :indiff:
IMG_2117.JPEG
2. The cover for Totally Country Vol. 4 is torn and this bothers me because I was going to make a good-quality scan of it.
3. Worst of all, Totally Country Vol. 4 has some marks that are just bad enough to prevent me from listening to it and ripping it to my computer and this was the one I was the most excited for! :banghead: Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be too far removed from being playable so chances are some decent cleaning methods could fix it, but I have yet to try any of them myself.

And they're all from the same seller! Am I happy? Yes, most of them work, so that's good, but man it upsets me that 2nd one did not and I'd be happier if those other 2 problems weren't there as well. Hopefully, I can fix that someday.

A large reclining sofa bed for my guest room. Got no pics just yet. Should be delivered on Wednesday.

The CDs with holes in them are probably promo copies sent to record stores or radio stations. I used to see them a lot when I worked in a record store in the early ‘90s.
I wondered about that. I got a promotional copy of Brad Paisley's Mud on the Tires in recent years and it had the barcode hole punched, but only on the insert, not on the case.

Why do they do this anyways? (namely with the 2 I got yesterday) Genuinely curious.

Attachments

• 20240114_110540.jpg
    20240114_110540.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240114_110534.jpg
    20240114_110534.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240114_111755.jpg
    20240114_111755.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240114_111750.jpg
    20240114_111750.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Why do they do this anyways? (namely with the 2 I got yesterday) Genuinely curious.
Technically they aren’t supposed to be sold at all since they’re promo copies, but marking them with holes at least ensures they can’t be sold as new.

Last edited:
Technically they aren’t supposed to be sold at all since they’re promo copies, but marking them with holes at least ensures they can’t be sold as new.
Back in my younger days my grandfather had a family restaurant that sold comic books if they didn’t sell all of them the salesman would tear off half the cover page and my grandfather would give them to us grandkids. I remember back about 1962-63 my father hauled off I don't know how many truck loads of comics, at least enough to fill a tractor trailer full. Wish I had them now as they were in New shape except for the cover page.

Back