Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,588 comments
IMG_2622.jpeg

Got my MC license this morning and went straight to the dealer afterwards and picked this up. 2023 model, but brand new.

Got these in the mail today!
IMG_2496.JPEG

Saw a listing of these 3 games in a lot on eBay and decided to jump on it since 2 of them were ones I had been wanting and the price was reasonable. Toy Story was one of the games I considered getting at Player's Choice back in 2022, but didn't and have regretted it ever since, so you can imagine how happy I was to finally get this. Star Wars was one I saw this year from the same place and I wanted it, but it was $25 and I thought that was too much, so I waited and it's a good thing I did! Navy Seals, I know nothing about, but I am curious to know what it is.

Haven't played either of these, but I tested them and they do work. However, I had to clean the pins because two of them were a bit stubborn about playing, but once I did, they worked great afterward! I am pretty happy to have them, especially since I wanted 2 of them. I am glad I waited on buying that Star Wars game because I got it and the other 2 for the same price I would have paid for just the Star Wars game alone at Player's Choice.

Last edited:
Been a spending kind of a few weeks.

On the Fourth of July, Costco had a sale on a few things.

A new stand up paddle board for 50% off.

1721350921537.png

A new gel mattress topper.

1721351470564.png

Yesterday walking through Costco, they had the stand up paddle board on sale for almost 50% off so I figured why not?

1721351038523.png

And a Rachio 3 12 zone smart sprinkler controller

1721351566199.png

20240726_180154.jpg

I finally found the elusive purple Radox to (almost) complete my collection... this is what happens to you when you turn 49 😅

I believe there are two others, a green/yellow one, and a blue/green one - but I've never seen either of these on sale.

Last edited:
Well this was unexpected.

We were going to leave for Minneapolis on Sunday for the Foo Fighters concert but tonight my wife asked what I thought about leaving on Saturday, instead. We started looking around for things to do Saturday night - comedy shows, a dinner theater we've been to several times before, nothing really jumped out.

Then I came across this. And she said yes. :lol:

1722046718837.png

20240730_105700.jpg

Finally got myself a PS1 neGcon controller. I've been eyeing these controllers for a little while, and my local game store finally got one in in pretty decent shape overall. So far it's been a fun, if not occasionally challenging time using it with GT1 and 2. Snagged a NTSC-J copy of Ridge Race Type 4 to go with it, alongside the Longbox version of Air Combat, which finishes out my home-console Ace Combat collection.

The Wangan Midnight was definitely more of an impulse buy, if I'm honest.

Last edited:
Is this just the DVD set of the entire anime?

If so, I need it badly.
Indeed, alongside the soundtrack.

I will say, it's not in a proper DVD case, but rather a nice box with a cool sticker, with the discs themselves being in branded disc sleeves.

Last edited:
Picked up some new UHDs

IMG_0515.jpeg

Point Break arriving today.

IMG_0516.jpeg

Rambo First Blood, I picked this up the other week for £10 at CEX.

IMG_0517.jpeg

Affinity Photo 2 for the iPad. I have Deigner 2 for the iPad and with the backlash over image use to train AI on Adobe, I decided to got with this rather than a subscription. £9 forever or £10 per month for just Photoshop. No brainer.

Last edited:
I find Designer better than Photo for most things. Designer still has the Photo persona. But, for the price, you may as well get all 3 Affinity apps anyway.

Is that a prebuilt? I was considering looking for a prebuilt PC for gaming.
It is.

I built my previous computer about 11 years ago and it's held up surprising well. Until it didn't. I was planning on replacing it in the next year anyway as Windows 10 is getting end of lifed it can't be upgraded to run Windows 11.

Just over a year ago my son built a computer (i7-12700KF, 32GB memory, 2TB SSD, RTX 3060 12GB) so yesterday I replicated his build as close as I could and it came out to $978 but that didn't include Windows 11.

I looked at Costco and they had this one for $999. Didn't take much thinking to decide with to go with.

TB
Two tickets to see these guys in Winnipeg.

5c98e4_08781480b07d4a0b88aaf4c8a8f8c3f9~mv2.jpg

Now I need to figure out the rest of our itinerary.
Apparently this is our thing now.

We saw Brit Floyd at the Burton Cummings Theater in Winnipeg last year.

Next month we're seeing Floydium at the Burton Cummings Theater.

1723077858240.png

I had some leftover components from my last PC build, and I wanted to change up the case to something less fingerprint-prone. So I gutted my PC and reinstalled everything in a Fractal Design North Mesh case. I'll eventually install my old components into the case I gutted and sell it to a friend.
20240810_181937.jpg

The thing that it's suspended from is my other purchase, Secret Lab Magnus Pro XL:
20240810_182212.jpg
20240810_181554.jpg

This thing is sturdy as hell, but it was an absolute bastard to haul it up three flights of stairs even in separate boxes. The assembly was pretty easy as far as complexity, but the desk alone is 150~lbs so it was a bit of a bear solo. I just put the finishing touches on it with the little stick on storage bins on the underside and got all of my stuff put back on the shelf in the back.

And now I'm done with big purchases for the foreseeable future. Except for the 13th gen i9 that I nervously glance at every time my PC hitches a bit; it might only be a matter of time before it eats itself.

Last edited:
Woah, I love that case, it's gorgeous. What chair is that? I keep thinking about selling my Herman Miller Aaron because I dislike it more than I thought and then getting something else.

I wanted a PC so badly after trying the Steam Deck and now wanting something more stationary as I won't need a portable device as much as I thought.

So I picked up this (it's back-ordered but hoping it's fulfilled and I'll get it within 2 weeks):

Last edited:
Back