Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,446 comments
1718324007491.png

Indoor/outdoor speakers with a Bluetooth amplifier.

I'm not expecting them to sound amazing but as long as they're decent, they'll work for the patio.

Pending trying them out after they show up, I'll need an exterior enclosure for the amplifier and some outdoor rated speaker wire.

TB
View attachment 1364656

Indoor/outdoor speakers with a Bluetooth amplifier.

I'm not expecting them to sound amazing but as long as they're decent, they'll work for the patio.

Pending trying them out after they show up, I'll need an exterior enclosure for the amplifier and some outdoor rated speaker wire.
Now that they've shown up, a bit of a "first thoughts" review.

Connections are simple enough - left and right speakers +/- and, not my favorite part but I knew this when I bought it, a jack on the front of the faceplate for power. There is an option to hardwire internally but it doesn't come with the parts to do so. A female/female power adapter will remedy that.

One of the speaker posts isn't fastened in place particularly well (made all the more ironic since it's right next to the quality control sticker :lol: ) but I think a dab of glue will fix that.

As for the sound quality, I'm comparing it to my phone.

Songs tested:
Chris Cornell - Nothing Compares 2 U
Dave Brubeck - Take Five.

My phone with the volume all the way up can't reproduce the cello in Nothing Compares 2 U or the upright bass in Take Five and registered 70dB. And it sounds like a phone turned up way too loud.

The speakers are rated to have a low end of 77Hz so I wasn't expecting much but the cello and bass in those two songs come through surprisingly well. With the volume at approximately 40% they hit 80dB. That is more than enough to irritate the neighbors if I crank them up.

I have to say, for $50 they surprised me.

Only question now is how long will they last?

Just ordered

IMG_0450.jpeg

Magnetic paper-like screen protector for the 13” iPad Pro. Really so I can remove it when consuming media so it doesn’t dull the insane OLED on the new iPad.

IMG_0452.jpeg

Some nibs for the Apple Pencil.

IMG_0453.jpeg

Grip for the Apple Pencil. I just hope this works with the squeeze function on the Pro version.

IMG_0454.jpeg
IMG_0451.jpeg

Two 2lb loaf tins for baking cakes and bread. Plus the liners to make life easier.

New Comic Book Day

Captain Marvel V11 9
Catwoman V5 66
DC Pride: Love and Justice (2021)
Doom Patrol V2 28-31
Helen of Wyndhorn 1
Marvel Voices: Heritage (2020)
Sensational She-Hulk V2 10
Spider-Woman V2 8
Wonder Woman V6 10

IMG_5908.jpeg

IMG_5909.jpeg

Last edited:
Haven't been around these parts in a while so let's change that. Really needed some new sneakers and that's exactly what I picked up.

96069_pair_feed1000.jpg

As an aside, since when did Puma's look so cool? I almost snagged a pair of the Rebound Layup high tops but they were only available in red, black and white for my size. I just might go back and snag those just to have a second pair.

The latest additions to my two collections, piss-poor lighting and all!

20240623_214749.jpg

The copy of Option Tuning Car Battle Spec-R came in a couple weeks ago, after finding a copy being sold a decent bit below normal value. It's a much more simple game compared to the first one, but imo also much more enjoyable, as it's a lot easier to dive into. Also, a surprising amount of it is in English!

The Sega Rally 2006 is the Big Box 2006 + Sega Rally Championship Bundle for PS2, making it the only other way to play SRC outside of having a Sega Saturn. Admittedly, I've barley touched 2006, but the original game is very fun and more challenging than I was anticipating. Mildly annoyed that this bundle was only officially released in Japan.

And last but most certainly not least is the Silent Hill 3 OST vinyl set. Never really put time into the original games (which I now regret after seeing what they currently go for), but I started listening to the soundtracks in earnest and I've enjoyed pretty much everything I've heard so far. Unfortunately, it looks like the vinyls have some warping to them, so I'll need to rectify that, but they otherwise play very well and are a joy to listen to.

The Sega Rally 2006 is the Big Box 2006 + Sega Rally Championship Bundle for PS2, making it the only other way to play SRC outside of having a Sega Saturn. Admittedly, I've barley touched 2006, but the original game is very fun and more challenging than I was anticipating. Mildly annoyed that this bundle was only officially released in Japan.
I love 2006; the only real disappointment is the intricate looking career mode being fully in Japanese meaning I don’t even know how to get it started. Easily had my moneys worth just from arcade mode and the original Sega Rally being included though.

My wheels are trashed on the 4Runner and they don't bead properly so the tires are constantly losing air very slowly. So I figured I'd just solve the problem by getting some new wheels:
1719340751410.png

Went for the classic American Racing Outlaw IIs, but instead of polished metal, I got the black ones. As a bonus, they're a 0 offset instead of the +15 the ones I have on there right now are.

A couple weeks back, I bought a bunch of demo discs, the first 2 Playstation Underground discs were from Ebay, but the rest were at a retro game shop in a town over. Oh and Namco Museum for PS2.
20240615_181524.jpg20240615_181511.jpg20240615_181539.jpg20240615_181546.jpg20240615_181554.jpg20240615_181601.jpg20240615_181606.jpg20240615_181630.jpg

Today though, I went on GOG for the first time and bought these. I originally went in for the RE trilogy as today they announced re-releasing them. But I happen to see Doom 1 & 2 plus Rayman 2 on sale, so I grabbed those as well. I already started playing RE1 and enjoying myself a bit.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 224205.png

New Comic Book Day

Black Widow and Hawkeye 4
DC Pride: The New Generation
Harley Quinn V4 41
Jackpot and Black Cat 4
Laugh V2 22
Marvel Voices Legacy 1
Pep 404
Primer 4
Power Girl V3 10
Red Sonja V7 11
Spider-Gwen: The Ghost Spider 2
Zatanna: Bring Down the House 1

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

Bought Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 cuz it was on sale and figured it would be some good fun nostalgia. Played for a bit and then realized that I sucked at Tony Hawk and it was only fun because I played it together with my friends and with my cousin.

I miss having friends around.

I literally fell in love, these are very expensive in our country.
I guess I don’t really consider electronic prices in other countries, I didn’t know they were that expensive in other places.

To be fair, I feel like this may have been a bit overkill for my needs, but it’s fun. The frustrating thing is that still have things to get if I want it to function together with the Playseat Challenge… which isn’t the best of rigs.

Admittedly, more of an impulse purchase.

Back