Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,595 comments
I've been doing model cars while sitting on conference calls
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

I've been doing model cars while sitting on conference calls because I need to keep occupied. I've mostly been doing cheap kits I get at Hobby Lobby since there's one in town and it makes it easier. However, those MPC and Revell kits aren't all that good most of the time. I figured I'd see what the fuss is all about with the Japanese kits so I bought these three:

View attachment 1386206

View attachment 1386207

View attachment 1386208
Every time I go onto Ebay to look for some kits, I get ridiculous prices for the Tamiya kits im interested in.

I bought some expensive airbrushes and paints to do the same, but keep getting hung up on buying actual kits.

Apologies for the double post.

I needed replacement lenses for my Oakley Flak 2.0 XL and didn't want to spend $80 for another set of Prizm lenses, since my last ones didn't do well. At all. Pictures later.

So I decided to give Fuse Lenses a try for $30.

1725390752398.png

Review spoilered.

First off, the offending lenses that needed to be replaced. Ignore the white spots. Since I didn't care about them anymore, I used them when I was painting and wasn't exactly careful.

Oakley Lens Front.jpg

The new Fuse lenses:

Fuse Lens Front.jpg

Clarity comparison - Camera in full manual mode so nothing would change between shots, lens held up in front of the camera barrel. No post processing done to any of the pictures.

No lens (naked eye-ish)

No Lens.jpg

My good Oakley lenses to use as a baseline:

Oakley Lens.jpg

Prizm lenses. Color-wise they don't look that bad in person, the fixed white balance isn't doing it any favors but they do have an amber hue:

Prism Lens.jpg

Fuse lenses. They appear to have a slight green tint to them but I didn't notice when I was wearing them:

Fues Lens.jpg

My only complaint - the Fuse Lenses must be just a little bit too big as they fit into the frames TIGHT and as a result spread the stems out too much and make them fit too loose.

Original lenses (left) with my other Flak 2.0 (right) as comparison:

Oakley Lenses.jpg

Fuse lenses (left) with my other Flak 2.0 (right) as comparison:

Fuse Lenses.jpg

I have an email in to them to see if they can be exchanged for slightly smaller lenses that fit better.

Aquarium upgrades:
IMG_0319.jpeg

I’m prepping to move to a larger volume tank in the near future so I can fill it with shrimp.

Damn my daughter’s teacher (and my coworker) for getting started on aqua-scaping. At least it’s a harmless hobby*.

*excluding all the fancy fish that died in my first attempt at set up.

I've been doing model cars while sitting on conference calls because I need to keep occupied. I've mostly been doing cheap kits I get at Hobby Lobby since there's one in town and it makes it easier. However, those MPC and Revell kits aren't all that good most of the time. I figured I'd see what the fuss is all about with the Japanese kits so I bought these three:

View attachment 1386206

View attachment 1386207

View attachment 1386208
I went the other way and started buying models years ago ,I think only one has been started. Most are hidden on lower shelves, several NASCAR mostly I bought unique models.

Attachments

• 20240904_144914.jpg
    20240904_144914.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240904_144902.jpg
    20240904_144902.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240904_144856.jpg
    20240904_144856.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 3
Went to a local parade today and found a tent selling video games and just my luck, he had this! :D
IMG_2564.jpeg

Although I already have this one on PS2 and PC, I had been wanting this for a while now because I heard it was one of the best-looking versions of the game there is and I even talked about it a bit in one of my own threads. While I paid a lot for it, I have had a lot of trouble finding it, so it was worth it. I haven't tested it yet, but I am going to sometime later today. Pretty happy to have found it because getting this version of the game locally is easier said than done.

Cellink Neo-8 battery pack
1725838233758.png

Viofo A229 Pro Dashcam.
1725838297464.png

Need to cover for my new car from any idiots on the road.

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the accronym SABLE (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)?
I am now fits with my NASCAR die cast ,Opels ,MG Midget ,and 68 Camaro that has been hidden in my basement for 40 years because I got tired of people knocking on door asking "Is it for sell".

So the American Racing wheels were trash, but thankfully Discount has a good return policy. I took them back and got these Method wheels instead:
1725910244264.png

This thing just turned up. I'm not sure if I bought it in anticipation of getting a PS or whether I was drunk and just ordered it.

WIN_20240914_00_55_10_Pro.jpg

Please excuse the crappy shot. My phone crapped out and I took this with an old webcam.

I don't even know where to put it.

download.jpeg

Recently went to see Korn, Gojira and Spiritbox in Tampa, and I ordered this Rohent Neck Fan ahead of time. Not the most powerful blast of air imaginable, but it still came in clutch fighting the godawful Florida heat and humidity. I can definitely see myself bringing this to car meets and other outdoor events.

On the stranger side of things:

20240913_191328.jpg

The baked beans are legit solid. The Coke does actually taste like Oreos, but it's still a strange flavor. Probably won't get it a second time. :boggled:

Back