107.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 190246503455-screenshotUrl.jpg
    190246503455-screenshotUrl.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1902465163969-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1902465163969-screenshotUrl.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You should be able to correlate nickname to psnid on the driver or grid list.😝;)

At the very least, I can handle the replay tasks.

I’d like to see if @Kgffy can join my lobbies. If it allows for everybody to participate, I can try to host this week.
But it would be my first time and I’d likely be a little nervous about screwing it up.

That was a very enjoyable night of racing last night!
Giving advanced notice that I'm fairly certain I won't be feeling up to racing Sunday night, but we will see.

Don't be sad @Dragonwhisky , I'll be back next week. Could get lucky and feel well enough by Sunday night!

Last edited:
I would like to see a test of the possible hosts D1 is suggesting to find out how bad lag is. I see some with out lag and some with, so it's not a good situation if a host is one of the lagging ones. The room could open early and have all on track to see how or who is lagging. I dont mind some jittery stuff, but some guys are all over the track, from my point over view. Thanks.

BTW, I would be willing to host is called for.

Last edited:
I would like to see a test of the possible hosts D1 is suggesting to find out how bad lag is. I see some with out lag and some with, so it's not a good situation if a host is one of the lagging ones. The room could open early and have all on track to see how or who is lagging. I dont mind some jittery stuff, but some guys are all over the track, from my point over view. Thanks.

BTW, I would be willing to host is called for.

How do we run this test? There are always 1 or 2 drivers consistently lagging on my screen every week to the point I keep a little extra distance back and others go flying by lol. I concerned it might ne my connection? Have no idea

How do we run this test? There are always 1 or 2 drivers consistently lagging on my screen every week to the point I keep a little extra distance back and others go flying by lol. I concerned it might ne my connection? Have no idea
Perhaps we've lost our way a bit as we use to place more emphasis on connection quality. Gathering in turn one to ensure drivers could see everyone. Frequent talk about NAT type 2, how to get it and using a wired connection. Last time I typed the driver count number in chat prior to the first race, I received all sorts of bogus replies, no one takes driver counts seriously anymore. Can only assume there are drivers using 5G hotspots thinking everything is fine when it is not.

Whilst getting gaps from the 1st race replay from last night, since I forgot to screenshot the results page in game, I noticed something interesting. I'm not sure if my conclusion after collecting this data is at all accurate, perhaps @Famine could confirm or refute, but it is one metric to work from.

Using Xrad as the example in the pic below, I paused the game just before each driver crosses the finish line and frame by frame the replay until the timer in the middle of the screen resets, subtract the 1st place finisher's time and that offset from the total race time of the sampled driver, at that moment in the replay, to get the gap.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240624185539.png

I gathered gaps for all 9 drivers, not finishing 1st, in this fashion and came up with this table.

Base finish time​
FinishOffsetGap
DUB-L-DEE​
Rasta_Senpai​
Xrad-11​
DRD_Niagara​
Dragonwhisky​
Kgffty​
Oshawa-Joe​
A_Mindful_Place​
Wareaglewar1968​

The conclusion I've drawn from this data is, those "offsets" are my "ping times" to each driver, in thousandths of a second, at that moment. I noticed when I was connecting to Niagara's room last night I had 5 bars of signal strength, we're on the same side of the continent, so my "ping" to him was sub 20/1000ths seconds. I'd bet Oshawa and Mindful are at or near the same side as myself and Niagara, hence their sub 20/1000ths.

In the peer to peer connection that GT has worked under since at least GT5, the host's connection isn't all that critical. Everyone is connected to everyone once you get in the lobby. Our data doesn't pass through the host once we are fully connected.

Every race I've managed to join with Kgffty he shows packet loss on my end. In other words, his car moves very erratically on my screen. I wonder if I show up on his end the same way. He is on the other side of the continent from me. I also wonder who else is noticing other cars behaving erratically. Wareagle was showing some of that last night as well. You can watch the erratic movements in the replays. Car does a kind of slide/skip/vanishing thing going down the track. When cars are doing that, it's packet loss. The PS5&4 didn't get one or more data packets, so it just drags/snaps the car where it has data defining its location. Everyone's PS is doing that kind of thing, every moment we are racing.

Xrad, if you wish to host, you're welcome to do it. Might be a good idea to get several bodies taking turns as host. Spread the load out some. Hosting and keeping up with scores will certainly take away brain cycles from driving. Yeah, I know, Worst was doing it on a regular basis but, he's an 👽. And from what I've read over in the time trial thread, some aliens operate with more than the one brain the rest of us hominids make do with.

As to Oshawa's wondering how to test, that would be a simple, if tedious task, and would require everyone save replays and get the offsets for comparison. Brutal honesty is usually painful.

At any rate, might be another time for @JamCar0ne to conveniently post a link to that fat post I did years ago on this subject. ;)

Perhaps we've lost our way a bit as we use to place more emphasis on connection quality. Gathering in turn one to ensure drivers could see everyone. Frequent talk about NAT type 2, how to get it and using a wired connection. Last time I typed the driver count number in chat prior to the first race, I received all sorts of bogus replies, no one takes driver counts seriously anymore. Can only assume there are drivers using 5G hotspots thinking everything is fine when it is not.
I take the count seriously but I haven’t raced in a few weeks.
Corral at the 1st turn. Done.

@Dragonwhisky you forgot to mention the sound of screeching tires from the lagging car.
And if we do this exercise to collect offsets...what then?

Last edited:
@Dragonwhisky you forgot to mention the sound of screeching tires from the lagging car.
And if we do this exercise to collect offsets...what then?
We might be able to correlate where the issue exists. Then again, any false data will corrupt that correlation. Those offsets may not correlate to ping times at all. Might just be a video frame rate delay. Beats me which it is.

Last edited:
We should all be aware of the lag behavior as seen by the replay uploaded, as long as it's someone else's replay. Go to showcase and find them. View that replay to see how others view any lag from your own car. A replay save from your own console will always look correct. So that not helping to learn what others see.

Sorry, but I am seeing such spotty lag from some cars as if they are on a shared connection. If possible, please inform others using your router to wait there turn (wife, kids and family pets watching YT animal shorts). LOL. SIM racing across thousands of miles of network connections is asking a lot. This subject can be quite educational to how we all share data. Help by finding the best connection you're in control of. Thanks. Nerd out!

We should all be aware of the lag behavior as seen by the replay uploaded, as long as it's someone else's replay. Go to showcase and find them. View that replay to see how others view any lag from your own car. A replay save from your own console will always look correct. So that not helping to learn what others see.

Sorry, but I am seeing such spotty lag from some cars as if they are on a shared connection. If possible, please inform others using your router to wait there turn (wife, kids and family pets watching YT animal shorts). LOL. SIM racing across thousands of miles of network connections is asking a lot. This subject can be quite educational to how we all share data. Help by finding the best connection you're in control of. Thanks. Nerd out!
Since the wife and I both race in Snail we are always sharing the network, however, we are both running hard wired setups and as far as I know, neither of us have had issues and no one has brought up lag from either of us.
We also have the best internet available in our city so that likely helps, although seriously thinking of downgrading as it is pricey

Last edited:
I am saying Goodbye. I have to say the league racing has been fun. My issue is with the network and that lag thing. I feel it was the cause for many IR this week and others. Just try watching yourself on a replay from the up loaded replay. Not pretty. Anyway, have fun and see if you can hind a stable host for this lag issue. Best fishes! Steve out!

Last edited:
Are the uploads from you and your perspective? I'm guessing something happened.

I found out a few years ago that 2 replays can show 2 very different things.

Last edited:
I am saying Goodbye. I have to say the league racing has been fun. My issue is with the network and that lag thing. I feel it was the cause for many IR this week and others. Just try watching yourself on a replay from the up loaded replay. Not pretty. Anyway, have fun and see if you can hind a stable host for this lag issue. Best fishes! Steve out!
@Xradkins Hang on a sec...
You've been racing a lot recently in @Worst_Driver 's lobby, in your opinion, was the lag issue in my lobby worse than in recent weeks?

I open this up to other responses as well. Let's have the chat.

From my perspective recently, there's a few drivers that seem to be bouncing around a little bit. Sometimes I get a bit nervous when driving side-by-side as I can't be 100% sure where they truly are. But we've got a pretty good, clean group so I've just learned to live with it.

While I have the floor...does anybody have any issues with my connection? Nova is pretty strict with internet connections and since I've hardwired myself for his Porsche series, he's given me the green light so I've assumed that my connection is not an issue.

Last edited:
@Xradkins Hang on a sec...
You've been racing a lot recently in @Worst_Driver 's lobby, in your opinion, was the lag issue in my lobby worse than in recent weeks?

I open this up to other responses as well. Let's have the chat.

From my perspective recently, there's a few drivers that seem to be bouncing around a little bit. Sometimes I get a bit nervous when driving side-by-side as I can't be 100% sure where they truly are. But we've got a pretty good, clean group so I've just learned to live with it.

While I have the floor...does anybody have any issues with my connection? Nova is pretty strict with internet connections and since I've hardwired myself for this Porsche series, he's given me the green light so I've assumed that my connection is not an issue.
I love racing. So that is not the issue. I can challenge myself with my own AI custom races when ever I feel the need. And as for online racing I like the challenge there and have enjoyed years of it with SNAIL. I am tired and close to retiring, so I feel I must fine time for other Sunday activities and reduce stress. It has been taking to much out of me lately, and having network issues that make the cars move around on track like bees in flight is just to much for enjoyment. Not gonna throw any more money at my ISP to see what they can't promise. Maybe a PS5 in the future could help. Just not there yet. I am happy for the time spent hanging out with all of you. Keep it going strong!

Wow @Xradkins this is a bit of a shock! I know we had some ups and downs over the years, but you’ve always been one the well respected members imo, and I’ve always enjoyed trying to compete against you. I think you’ve always been a tad quicker than myself, but I always enjoyed trying to catch you on the track.
I truly hope you reconsider but also understand where you’re coming from. It takes a lot more out of us older guys.

I love racing. So that is not the issue. I can challenge myself with my own AI custom races when ever I feel the need. And as for online racing I like the challenge there and have enjoyed years of it with SNAIL. I am tired and close to retiring, so I feel I must fine time for other Sunday activities and reduce stress. It has been taking to much out of me lately, and having network issues that make the cars move around on track like bees in flight is just to much for enjoyment. Not gonna throw any more money at my ISP to see what they can't promise. Maybe a PS5 in the future could help. Just not there yet. I am happy for the time spent hanging out with all of you. Keep it going strong!
Sad to hear this but its always been a pleasure to race against you. You’ll always be welcome if you get a PS5 and want to have a go at it again. Until then take care !

Back