SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), Season Champ: Sand_68, Congratulations on the Win and a Great Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 724 comments
Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, sounds like something fun and bragging rights.
IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_3054.JPEG

IMG_3606.JPG

Makes me miss my own Challenger that I sold to buy a house in 2021. I'm setting my sights on another one before I turn 40, a 392 or a Hellcat this time instead of a 5.7. It made for a good bike shuttle and daily driver year round. I bought another V8 car afterwards but much cheaper this time, a new edge mustang GT. It scratches my V8 itch but it's a bit a of dog. It will do the job for as a summer car for the next few years with my Mazda 6 as a logical rational daily car year round.

I don't know if Nova posted the poll but here goes, I don't remember seeing it in this thread.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah. Average lap 23’s. Duh. Lol I just glanced at it and misunderstood.

Last edited:
Not sure about, that so far best I have seen is a 22.8...22.4 to 22.5 by race day
Well, yeah, but you’re still pushing to get 22.0 ain’t ya? The race is a week away or more.

Last edited:
22.87 with a 22.83 opt is the best I’ve done. I’m at 721pp, Idk, I think someone could do it. I’ll go to the base PP and see if I can do it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nope, not tonight anyway. 22.55 was it. I was up .400 once, and it squirmed around through the cork.

I think it could be done. But who knows, the extra power don’t seem to mean a ton there. You have the power, but you give some back fighting it.

If someone had a good hold on that PP, and built the setup just for it, I could see it.

The last half a second is pretty tough. Still, just to gain .300 off of 5pp. Is kind of rough. A 22.50 might take it.

Last edited:
yeah well 24 flat all I can muster up
The first night of testing this one I was running 24’s and within an hour or two, and some fine tune adjustments, I was running consistent mid 23’s. Really wanting to be at mid 22’s or better by race night.
Hoping to get in some practice tonight after work, I’ll post here if I do open a room tonight.

The first night of testing this one I was running 24’s and within an hour or two, and some fine tune adjustments, I was running consistent mid 23’s. Really wanting to be at mid 22’s or better by race night.
Hoping to get in some practice tonight after work, I’ll post here if I do open a room tonight.
I wouldn't get to stressed if you cannot find consistent mid 22's. I ran some laps last night, and I thonk consistent low 23's/maybe hi 22's could be possible with fastest laps being in the mid 22 area. And to get there, you will really need to be tossing this cars around...which it does not really like at all. One thing is for certain, its going to be a very crowded and busy track with a ton of traffic fore and aft....can't wait. Get the painters tape out to tape off the rearview mirror...lol

I second this. Having the car under you is the way to go. The fast way around is a thirty second of an inch from a giant sand box.

Last night at the base 726PP it seemed the car was giving that hard tire all it wanted. I think that’s why I just gained .300.

If I had the choice,I think I’d run the RM here over the HP. That’s just me.

Last edited:
I second this. Having the car under you is the way to go. The fast way around is a thirty second of an inch from a giant sand box.

Last night at the base 726PP it seemed the car was giving that hard tire all it wanted. I think that’s why I just gained .300.

If I had the choice,I think I’d run the RM here over the HP. That’s just me.
For anyone on RM, be reminded, that if you are above 731.00 regulation, you are on mandatory RM tires...no choice...you must take the hp deficit since youre gaining the tire compound concession....this should be around 514hp on rm at 736pp. At 731pp on Rm, the hp would be at 498hp to meet the 731pp reg. So figure, if youre in the 732-736 range, your on rm with a hp between around 501hp-514hp.
For those between 727.00 to 731.00pp, you have option....higher hp on rh (at 731, youre at 543hp on rh), or you can take the tire compound help and lower the hp (at 731 its approx 498). For those in this category, a big decision must be made. Sacrifice the straightline hp/speed for the braking and cornering grip, or run the higher hp, sacrificing the braking and cornering grip. For a track like laguna seca, I'd be willing to bet most would drop faster lap times at 498hp on rm than they would at 543hp on rh...or be very close. Decisions, decisions?

good because I need to see some lines

Looks like a lot of fun! This is what the wife and I use for our weekend off-road adventures, and it is also a lot of fun!!
Even more fun now that we finally got some snow!!!
I should’ve never even mentioned the nice weather coming our way………..heater blower motor decided to give up the gusto in the Heep today!
Another couple hundred bucks into the money pit Lol

Last edited:
I wouldn't get to stressed if you cannot find consistent mid 22's. I ran some laps last night, and I thonk consistent low 23's/maybe hi 22's could be possible with fastest laps being in the mid 22 area. And to get there, you will really need to be tossing this cars around...which it does not really like at all. One thing is for certain, its going to be a very crowded and busy track with a ton of traffic fore and aft....can't wait. Get the painters tape out to tape off the rearview mirror...lol
22.8 flat tonight and starting feel that 1/32” at the edge. This will be entertaining for Qualy spreads.

Come race, if you’re in first and not driving in your mirrors, happy sailing. For everyone else, with traffic and threatening sausages, imho it is appropriate to quote Bill the Cat when thinking about 22s and 23s,

1706685144158.jpeg

as long as people are doing this sort of thing. Sorry @Chris Kelley for lack of space going into the corkscrew. A bit like Stoner and Rossi. I won the lap with a 26.2.

I'm in for the Laguna Seca Race

Just did a few practice laps , I definitely need help with my setup
The car is very snappy. Understeery out of corners but oversteery into corners. Struggling to tame her 🙆🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
For anyone on RM, be reminded, that if you are above 731.00 regulation, you are on mandatory RM tires...no choice...you must take the hp deficit since youre gaining the tire compound concession....this should be around 514hp on rm at 736pp. At 731pp on Rm, the hp would be at 498hp to meet the 731pp reg. So figure, if youre in the 732-736 range, your on rm with a hp between around 501hp-514hp.
For those between 727.00 to 731.00pp, you have option....higher hp on rh (at 731, youre at 543hp on rh), or you can take the tire compound help and lower the hp (at 731 its approx 498). For those in this category, a big decision must be made. Sacrifice the straightline hp/speed for the braking and cornering grip, or run the higher hp, sacrificing the braking and cornering grip. For a track like laguna seca, I'd be willing to bet most would drop faster lap times at 498hp on rm than they would at 543hp on rh...or be very close. Decisions, decisions?
22.8 flat tonight and starting feel that 1/32” at the edge. This will be entertaining for Qualy spreads.

Come race, if you’re in first and not driving in your mirrors, happy sailing. For everyone else, with traffic and threatening sausages, imho it is appropriate to quote Bill the Cat when thinking about 22s and 23s,

View attachment 1324088

as long as people are doing this sort of thing. Sorry @Chris Kelley for lack of space going into the corkscrew. A bit like Stoner and Rossi. I won the lap with a 26.2.

No apology needed. I actually pushed hard up the hill just to see if we could go 2 wide through there. You were just doing what you had to do. You go wide over that crest, I’ll turn you head first into the wall over there. Had that been the race I would’ve filed back in behind you approaching the crest.

Had some really good practice laps last night and although I’m nowhere near the top of the field, speed wise, I am pretty happy with my pace.
Now I just need to work on consistency!!!
Some of you guys were really fast last night…..just waiting for someone to hit a high 21….unlikely but possible I think.

Had some really good practice laps last night and although I’m nowhere near the top of the field, speed wise, I am pretty happy with my pace.
Now I just need to work on consistency!!!
Some of you guys were really fast last night…..just waiting for someone to hit a high 21….unlikely but possible I think.

Someone put down a 22.0 last night. Can’t imagine it’s going to be possible to go that low in qualifying. Also saw some 22.4 and 22.5 last night. That might happen in qualifying.

Seemed to me like each room I ran in was so different in terms of grip. Really threw me off with where my setup is at the moment. Seemed so much different than the other night. Felt real stable, even in traffic. Looks like I’m going back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Someone put down a 22.0 last night. Can’t imagine it’s going to be possible to go that low in qualifying. Also saw some 22.4 and 22.5 last night. That might happen in qualifying.

Seemed to me like each room I ran in was so different in terms of grip. Really threw me off with where my setup is at the moment. Seemed so much different than the other night. Felt real stable, even in traffic. Looks like I’m going back to the drawing board.
Ok well now I know I’m not losing my mind….i wasn’t going to mention it because I thought it was just me not finding consistency, but I found exactly the same thing, different rooms seemed to change the handling characteristics of the car with the same setup. Not only that, the settings on my room were saved from @Bologna_Duc room so everything was exactly the same, but much different results.
I ran a 1:22.7xx in his room but couldn’t beat a 1:23.300 in my room.

Last edited:
It’ll be whoever hits it right. Or who can make that last second change to get it right. I knew when we had a bunch stack up around 22.5 that there would be a few push beyond that. I’d say anything more than a 22.0, you’ll just be chasing your tail.

Last edited:
Ok well now I know I’m not losing my mind….i wasn’t going to mention it because I thought it was just me not finding consistency, but I found exactly the same thing, different rooms seemed to change the handling characteristics of the car with the same setup. Not only that, the settings on my room were saved from @Bologna_Duc room so everything was exactly the same, but much different results.
so did I

Dosen't this just add to the immersion though? I mean IRL if you go to a track on different days you will have different air temperature, track temperature, humidity, wind speed, all making you car feel slightly different. Setup may be good one day, but track conditions on a different day will make if feel a little off. I dunno...Just a thought.

yes
Dosen't this just add to the immersion though? I mean IRL if you go to a track on different days you will have different air temperature, track temperature, humidity, wind speed, all making you car feel slightly different. Setup may be good one day, but track conditions on a different day will make if feel a little off. I dunno...Just a thought.
but all the setting should be the same per the rules but does make it more realistic

Back