SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), Season Champ: Sand_68, Congratulations on the Win and a Great Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 724 comments
I got lucky on that one, the confirmations came quick which is a good sign for participation. Next time I'll confirm earlier. Its a shame we can't have 20-24 player lobbies. Maybe with GT8 as a PS5 exclusive without the PS4 requirement dragging down the game.

From my brief watch of replays this looked like the closest finish of the night. 0.008 seconds! @JDMKING13 @Noob01_lmdead

IMG_2693.jpeg

Great shots sir. Appreciate the efforts. I know Daytona was a battle with your hands tied behind your back, but I do expect to see you towards the front in the next few rounds. Already looking forward to it.
Thanks ! But even without a power handicap, I struggle with Daytona, especially at the bus stop. I’m glad that round is behind us now I’m looking forward to Watkins Glen though, its one of my favorite tracks because it has a good flow to it.

Last edited:
1703016118839.png

(in order of Championship Final Season Standings after Event #1)
Award Recognition
Checkered Flag = Single Race Wins
Track Map Outline = Overall Event Wins

Post Race Report and Scoring
Event #1 at Daytona Road Course

Our opener at Daytona delivered with some great on track action across the field in both races, with 3 races to the finish line in Race 2. For me, Race 1 was survival...I had a decent start after the caution regroup and settled into 5th place. Constant pressure from Raul early, and the @Phlano099 towards the 2nd half of Race 1. He closed the gap with a few mistakes on my end while trying to catch @JDMKING13 . With a few laps to go, I decided the chase on JDMKing13 was not worth the risk and decided to just hit my marks and avoid the mistakes, and ended up walking away from Phlano to hold down 5th.
Race 2 was a patient crawl up to 5th place again where I kind of stalled for awhile....unable to run away from those attacking, but not able to close the gap to War and Duc. Until the final 2 laps. War and Duc started to engage through the final two laps, allowing me to close a few tenths at a time until I was on top of them going onto the back stretch. We were all stuck nose to tail through the bus stop where I caught a good exit and started to close on Duc for a dash to the finish line. In trying to time the breaking of his draft, I bounced out a tick too late, slightly bumping him and out of reach to close a pass. War, Duc , and myself passed through the finish line just over 2 tenths from the War's nose in third to my tail in 5th. Was a great race...however, JDM and Raul took the photo finish of the night with a .001 margin of victory. Nice race fellas!!
Overall a great night of racing. Many other battles were witnessed during the replay broadcast, so be sure to have a look, and as usual, I'd ask all drivers to feel free to share their battles from Daytona, via post, video, pics...however you prefer.

Minimal lag/jittering was present across the field, and was overall very predictable.

Now for Scoring:
Congratulations to @socalnatv / Sand_68 on the Overall and dominant Win on the night...Well Done :cheers:

Also, Congratulations to our Top 3 Overall:
1st: Sand_68 / @socalnatv
2nd: @Roman_GT23
3rd: @Noob01_lmdead / Rauljimenez76

Screenshot_20231219_144018_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20231219_144132_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20231219_144149_Sheets.jpg

Below is the PP Regulation changes after Event #1. Drivers with changes noted, please adjust and tune accordingly.
Race Lobby PP Max Regulation for Event #2 remains set to 741.00 PP
(Please be sure to set Max PP correctly, as noted above, for practice lobbies to allow those drivers with concessions to enter)

Next Event (#2) Driver Regulations is noted in the far right column.
Screenshot_20231219_144046_Sheets.jpg

Race 1 and 2 Replay Broadcasts << Link

Next Event:
Date: January 12th, 2024 at 9pm est
Track: Watkins Glen Long Course
Conditions: Late Morning, S11, Sunny with Alpine Mist
Laps: 18 laps per race
Target Lap Times: 1:46(?)
(See Section 1, Tab 1.3 for Lobby Settings)
Additional details in the next post

Great racing everyone. Looking forward to our next event. We already have 17 drivers confirmed for Event #2. Be sure to confirm your attendance to secure reserve priority for our next event. See you guys for some practice over the coming weeks.
NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#6)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78)
14. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
15. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
16. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
17. Arethosetacos / @arethosetacos (#44)
18. Valex997 / @Valex (#46)
19. MDaddio79 / @Mdaddio79 (#79)
20. GentlemanRacing / @Clean Racer (#19)
21. Datdad14 / @datdad14 (#666)
22. theharieffect / @theharieffect (??)

PS4 Reserve Driver Roster
(no priority order)
1.) fruitloop31 / @fruitloop31 (#77)
2.) Xrad-11 / @Xradkins (#11)
3.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
4.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#6)
5.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)

Last edited:
Alright fellas, I have a thought that I wanted to put out there. There was certainly more interest than I expected on the PS4 front so I'm asking you guys how committed you are to make most of the next 5 events. We have nearly a month until the next event at Watkins Glen. If the interest and commitment is strong enough with the drivers list here, and we can secure at least 6 more drivers to commit to the series na dget tine trialed, I would be willing to organize and direct a parallel PS4 series along side the PS5 races. You guys would run on the same nights, same cars, same tracks. I would need a dedicated host for the PS4 race nights who would run the race room, collect the scoring screenshots, and share the replays. Obviously, you guys would run the next 5 events for your own championship poit series among yourselves. Let me know, and if so, I will need some help in actively recruiting PS4 drivers to your grid. Let me know what you guys think and who might be willing to step up.

6.) L-L-B_1993 / @Louis3986 (#777)

Alright fellas, I have a thought that I wanted to put out there. There was certainly more interest than I expected on the PS4 front so I'm asking you guys how committed you are to make most of the next 5 events. We have nearly a month until the next event at Watkins Glen. If the interest and commitment is strong enough with the drivers list here, and we can secure at least 6 more drivers to commit to the series na dget tine trialed, I would be willing to organize and direct a parallel PS4 series along side the PS5 races. You guys would run on the same nights, same cars, same tracks. I would need a dedicated host for the PS4 race nights who would run the race room, collect the scoring screenshots, and share the replays. Obviously, you guys would run the next 5 events for your own championship poit series among yourselves. Let me know, and if so, I will need some help in actively recruiting PS4 drivers to your grid. Let me know what you guys think and who might be willing to step up.

I wouldn’t mind having this as it does allow ps4 users to race all the same.

Also I will post in a couple discords to see if there are drivers out there
Please do. We have 4 weeks to the next race night, 3 weeks-ish to get the roster built up enough to make a stabd alone ps4 series worthwhile. Thanks for any efforts you can spare.:cheers:

Event #2 Race Details
January 12th, 2024, 9pm est
Watkins Glen Long Course
Late Morning,
S11, Sunny with Alpine Mist

18 Laps per Race

Below are the details for Event #2 at Watkins Glen on Friday, January 12th, 2024.
Drivers are encouraged and reminded to confirm their attendance status as soon as possible to secure their spot on the grid for race night or Reserve Priority. Be reminded, this series runs on a "first to confirm" priority. First 16 drivers to confirm are guaranteed a grid spot. All additional drivers that confirm thereafter will be marked as Reserve drivers with priority based on order confirmed. Be sure to confirm your attendance as early as possible. We are currently sitting at 17 drivers confirmed for Event #2. All additional drivers to confirm will be on Reserve status for this event.

I will be hosting practice sessions in the afternoons periodically over the next few weeks between 4pm-5pm est, and am sure there will be other rooms open during the evening prime-time. Get those laps in and be ready.

Date: January 12th, 2024 at 9pm est
Track: Watkins Glen Long Course
Conditions: Late Morning, Sunny with Alpine Mist
Laps: 18
Target Lap Times: 1:46's
(See Section 1, Tab 1.3 for Lobby Settings)

Track Map and Boundaries
1703076899641.png

Keep 2 wheels on or within the white line where curbing is not present, or on the curbs where they are present at all times, except where it is specifically noted otherwise. The white line and curbing is considered legal track surface. Failure to comply to track boundaries could result in penalties if infractions are witnessed and reported.

Exceptions and Specified areas:
1.) At Turn 1 (The 90), Turn 8 (Heel), and Turn 10: These corners have paved run off areas. ALL drivers are to make their best efforts to keep at least 2 wheels on the curbing at all times. Infractions should be reported if it appears obvious that a driver is deliberately and/or repeatedly running excessively wide out of bounds in these corners. An occasional off or slight OOB's will not garner a penalty. Please use your best judgement.

Roster Confirmed as of 12/20/23, 8:10am est
Screenshot_20231220_080705_Sheets.jpg

1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#6)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78)
14. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
15. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
16. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
17. Arethosetacos / @arethosetacos (#44)
18. Valex997 / @Valex (#46)
19. MDaddio79 / @Mdaddio79 (#79)
20. GentlemanRacing / @Clean Racer (#19)
21. Datdad14 / @datdad14 (#666)
22. theharieffect / @theharieffect (??)

PS4 Reserve Driver Roster
(no priority order)

I found last night that I was using wifi for the race... i had used the ethernet cable to fix a buddies laptop and for whatever reason the ps5 decided to stay on wifi when I plugged the ethernet back in. I thought for sure it would see it like my pc and just change.

Wut. I magically got nerfed :eek: :scared: Where are them results from R1 lol :odd:.

Real question - Are we allowed to play with the weight to get within the PP limit, or just tires and power only?

Last edited:
Wut. I magically got nerfed :eek: :scared: Where are them results from R1 lol :odd:.

Real question - Are we allowed to play with the weight to get within the PP limit, or just tires and power only?
Power only for you. Only Level 1 Concessioned drivers (up to 731pp) can choose hard or medium. Past that its race medium. Everyone in PRO and PRO-AM must race on hard compound tires. Weight is static and should not be moved at all.

Any suggestions for when I’m running my time trial tonight? The few laps I did I always would lose the rear into turn 5. I’m thinking turning the brake balance to th rear would help but I’m not sure

Attachments

• IMG_1255.png
    IMG_1255.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 5
Any suggestions for when I’m running my time trial tonight? The few laps I did I always would lose the rear into turn 5. I’m thinking turning the brake balance to th rear would help but I’m not sure
Didn’t realize the numbers were so unvisible. Bottom right of the image turn, obviously

Let's do it!

Back