So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,303 comments
Had a pretty decent day today! :) Had the first decent sleep I’ve had in about week and went to town with my parents and had some delicious pancakes for breakfast with the best tea I have ever drank. Then we went to a place I had never been before and I found a PC game I had been wanting for only $0.50 and was pretty happy for that. Came home, ate 4 slices of my favorite frozen pizza, then rode around on a bicycle for about an hour, had a late supper, then I got that got new game configured to work on Windows 10.

Today was good! Best I've felt all week actually! :)

Last edited:
Today certainly hasn't been the greatest for me. For starters, I had some drama happen with 2 of my classmates at college earlier this month that I've had a lot of regret over and I've had a very difficult time moving past it lately. Then when I woke up this morning, I found out my grandma had passed away in her sleep. Although I was prepared for it and I more or less expected it to happen soon since she hasn't been right in years, it still hit me a bit when I found out about it.

Fortunately, my family members came to the conclusion we were going to have the funeral next week since several of us already had our vacation planned for this week. (ours starting tomorrow) So I at least have something to look forward to, even if it's a bit ill-timed, but man this month has been rough for me. :ouch:

Well considering we're gonna probably die tomorrow - its been fun.

Southeastern Texas is supposed to get Tropical Storm / Hurricane Beryl overnight into Monday morning. My pets have plenty of food and my girl and I have plenty of supplies so we're good.

All we need to do now is just wait.

I’m writing my daughters first RPG adventure. It’s home-brewed using my own simplified mechanics system.

The palace unicorn has had its horn stolen by… somebody. The princess must find out who took it. It’s an evil witch, of course.

Outfitted with her rainbow sword and some other trinkets, she will face off against ransacking skeletons at a gold prospecting site and eventually find the witch’s alter where she is using the unicorn horn for dark magic.

The printer is out of paper so I need to make a run on the local shops so I can print out all the cool maps and items and stuff. I think she’s more excited than I am. And I’ve had 4 beers already.

Imagination land here we come!

Edit: some rowdy folk in the local tavern got a bit aggressive and despite pulling the rainbow sword to put them in their place, she couldn’t take the role play and got very emotional.

Next attempt will rectify those issues and I’ll probably take all passive conflict out of the game.

Last edited:
I witnessed a turtle crossing the road this morning.

IMG_3977.jpeg

Today my (step) brother managed to head over for a few beers. He’s always busy and we don’t see each other often, since I don’t visit the UK for years at a time. I’m leaving tomorrow and he was keen to grab a few beers so we went to a pub for a jolly time.

It really concluded my stay here nicely. I guess it doesn’t matter how much time passes or the distance between us, we’ll always be solid.

The only downside is we didn’t get a selfie, nor did we the last time we met a few years ago, but that ain’t really our style anyway.

It’s left me in a good mood to head home in. He even bought me a couple of Stella to take home so I’m extra jolly right now.

The way he's charging head first into traffic, I'd say Rafael.
I have him as my password on here although I have now added a few characters to it. His name is spelt with a ph instead of f.
There was a pizza place within 400m of where I took that photo, makes them all potential suspects.
Last movie I watched, the plot was to eat a pizza from their favourite place with their cat during an alien invasion. The lengths people will go to eat a pizza!
Today my (step) brother managed to head over for a few beers. He’s always busy and we don’t see each other often, since I don’t visit the UK for years at a time. I’m leaving tomorrow and he was keen to grab a few beers so we went to a pub for a jolly time.

It really concluded my stay here nicely. I guess it doesn’t matter how much time passes or the distance between us, we’ll always be solid.

The only downside is we didn’t get a selfie, nor did we the last time we met a few years ago, but that ain’t really our style anyway.

It’s left me in a good mood to head home in. He even bought me a couple of Stella to take home so I’m extra jolly right now.
How does the weather compare to Thailand? Felt quite hot the last couple of days in the UK.

Almost had a traffic accident.

I was doing 130 km/h (83 mph) on the left lane of a two-lane highway, right as I was passing a slower car doing around 90 km/h behind a truck on the right lane the driver decided to switch to my lane without checking his mirrors and without using his turn signal.
I had to brake like crazy despite having cars behind me, the car switching lanes nearly pushed me into the concrete barrier on my left and refused to give up and go back onto the right lane. He stayed between the two lanes with me nearly in the concrete barrier for several seconds despite my honking.

Later I saw him change lanes again without using his turn signal in my mirrors.

If there had been an accident I would have stepped out of my car and changed that dudes live forever and later blamed it on shock.

Last edited:
Back