So, just how bad are Mustang IIs?

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 71 comments
I'd always thought Obese people choking on lard would sound like a person choking. I wouldn't think an obese person would growl while their choking either. It must just be me :rolleyes:

I'd always thought Obese people choking on lard would sound like a person choking. I wouldn't think an obese person would growl while their choking either. It must just be me :rolleyes:
It's just always the first thing that comes to mind, but I'm thinking more of a blubbering, wet kind of sound, not coughing.

So a V8 is a wet fart and a four cylinder is a high pitched one :lol:
I guess that works, but a wet fart has a more constant sounds, where a V8 sounds more random, and a four cylinder usually only sounds like that when it's got a fart can.

When it gets to the point of arguing the validity of a fart vs an engine, I think it's a good time to end the discussion, lol.

I think Venari has a great example of how cars are supposed to sound...

I'll take that ANY DAY over the sound of my Celica. Hell, even the soundtrack from my Dad's Avalanche is better than what I've got. My car sounds decent, but a 5S-FE isn't going to be mistaken for a 2ZZ or a H22...

I'll be honest...when the exhaust on my Nova rusted through at the Cat, the only time it sounded remotely good was when it was near redline...although the burble-pops under decel were quite a bit of fun, too.

But..wait a minute, we're supposed to be talking about Mustang IIs, not Musclecar sounds...sorry about this, Toronado...

Last edited:
The Mustang II was probably the least loved Mustang because it replaced the mighty V8 Mustangs with a "mustangish" body on the Pinto pan with Pinto power. The Pinto was rather bad anyway. "500 pounds more road hugging weight than the imports" the ads would tout. They gained a few fans back when they brought back the v8 several years later, but that floor pan was never intended to have a big boat anchor stuffed in it. It handled like shizzle. Everything built in the US between 1974-1985 pretty much sucked because they were choked by emissions and loaded with quality problems.

I did find an internet page with love for the Mustang II

http://www.mustangii.net/default.asp

The coolest Mustang II ever built up was Charlie Kemp's Imsa Monster

http://www.mustangii.net/photo_template.asp?pagename=IMSA_Kemp_Cobra_II&chosenin=other&imagename=images/kemp/kemp10.jpg

And the there's the Mustang II "Rally". Imagine this pile shedding parts busting down a stage road.
http://www.mustangii.net/photo_template.asp?pagename=Rallye&chosenin=rallye&imagename=images/rallye/78_rallye.jpg

Yech, the ultimate "girl car" Mustang. The Ghia.
http://www.mustangii.net/photo_template.asp?pagename=Ghia&chosenin=ghia&imagename=images/ghia/blue_ghia4.jpg

as the ads said "Mustang 2 - Boredom 0"

Last edited:
Definitely turn it into a low-rider then.

Are you kidding me :yuck:

If it's that one I honestly wouldn't bother. Even in 20 years nobody would want one of those.

EDIT: But then again, it doesn't mean it has to stay that way. Would just take a bit more time and money to make it something that's at least half decent.

I think Venari has a great example of how cars are supposed to sound...

I'll take that ANY DAY over the sound of my Celica. Hell, even the soundtrack from my Dad's Avalanche is better than what I've got. My car sounds decent, but a 5S-FE isn't going to be mistaken for a 2ZZ or a H22...

Anybody else deeply in love with that Cougar's soundtrack other than me?

JCE
Anybody else deeply in love with that Cougar's soundtrack other than me?

Definitely. I was actually considering posting it in this thread before it was. Every now and then I'll watch Venari's other video to hear it again. Such a great sound.

Pfft. I would leave the outside stock and turbo the hell out of the motor. I'm talking to the guy about it today.

Heh...SVO '70s style.

*Evil, likely expensive thought* How much would it cost to get RS500 Cossie heads over here? I love the sound the BTCC cars made...

I always wanted one of these Mustangs... too bad they didn't export them much.

that's probably the same reaction to the Nazi

stage 1: oh I wish the nazi were here.

Stage 2: oh my goodness they Nazi are here!

stage 3: oh what are they doing?

stage 4: oh no, I'm not a jew! (a buyer)

stage 5: No, please don't hit me again kind sir! (test drive)

stage 6: oh no, don't burn down my house! (bought and paid for)

stage 7: wow, i love my bread and cold water, oh i got a bug this time! hooray! (life with nazi, i mean Mustang.)

but you should buy it anyways just for the sole reason that it would be a great conversation starter. just don't try to rev the engine.

How 'bout this: stop before your engine blows up and you make a fool of yourself.

Look, Let's not incite a flame war, here. If you don't like the car, that's fine, but comparing it to one of the most violent political groups in history is clearly meant to ruffle some feathers. Don't be a troll, and you'll be fine.

How 'bout this: stop before your engine blows up and you make a fool of yourself.

Look, Let's not incite a flame war, here. If you don't like the car, that's fine, but comparing it to one of the most violent political groups in history is clearly meant to ruffle some feathers. Don't be a troll, and you'll be fine.

I didn't say that i didn't like the car, simply that he wanted them to export the car to wherever he was and that i thought it would have been a very bad idea considering how little it was liked here. and i didn't expect to ruffle feathers...

that's probably the same reaction to the Nazi

stage 1: oh I wish the nazi were here.

Stage 2: oh my goodness they Nazi are here!

stage 3: oh what are they doing?

stage 4: oh no, I'm not a jew! (a buyer)

stage 5: No, please don't hit me again kind sir! (test drive)

stage 6: oh no, don't burn down my house! (bought and paid for)

stage 7: wow, i love my bread and cold water, oh i got a bug this time! hooray! (life with nazi, i mean Mustang.)

but you should buy it anyways just for the sole reason that it would be a great conversation starter. just don't try to rev the engine.

Godwin's Law ftw.

Back