*SOLD* My 2004 Blue "Premium" WRX. *SOLD*

I'm considering the same on the S3 :D

Yamato-1-thumb.jpg

Over here they are called Yamato. But I think the EU name is different as to show off that it's japanese

@Ibonibo

I looked them up and I guess they are called Enkei Saab Aero wheels. Maybe just called Enkei Aero but I believe the previous owner said they were on a Saab. The wheel you have in the picture looks very very close. Oh BTW mine are only 16" wheels.

Minor update since last month.

• Odometer hit 180,000k.
  • Windshield chips repaired for free.
  • Had a very tiny oil leak which ended up being just a downspout filler tube seal.
  • While I had the oil seal replaced they said it is the cleanest, most well maintained 04 they have seen. :)

IMG_20141023_172020.jpg

Quick update. Almost ready for winter. Will put the snow tires / wheels on probably sometime this month or next month.

• Oil change
  • Undercoated under the radiator support. It was starting to get a little surface rust.
  • Touched up the under coat in a couple other areas.
oil9.jpg

The red is fake blood from a Halloween outfit that leaked. Luckily it was all contained in the same bag.

This might or might not come as a shock to some of you but as the title reads, I sold the car over the weekend. Main reason was because of my bad back. I simply cant drive a daily driver manual transmission. The crazy part is I sold the car to someone in Pennsylvania that actually drove to Michigan with their friends to drive the car back. Really great group of people that know the car very well and appreciate all the hard work I put into this car. They absolutely love it. I did too. Honestly one of my favorite cars I have owned even with the rough beginning with the bad transmission. Overall just an incredible car and so much fun.

This 04 WRX will be missed for sure but I do have an interesting replacement. The story ends with this car but begins with another. I truly appreciate all the positive feedback during the journey of this 04 WRX. :cheers:

Last edited:
Dear God I came here all scared thinking you sold the Camaro when I saw your name and the "SOLD". Forgot about the WRX.

The movement for shifting was afecting your back?

Dear God I came here all scared thinking you sold the Camaro when I saw your name and the "SOLD". Forgot about the WRX.

The movement for shifting was afecting your back?
I slipped a disc in my back several years ago and have never fully recovered. The constant, daily, clutch movement with my left leg was indeed taking a toll on my back. Especially with the stage 2 clutch. Not so bad on the highway but half of my driving is in the city. Constant stopping and going. So I wont ever own another manual daily driver. If I want to row some gears I do still have the Camaro and it has 6 gears to row. :)

I slipped a disc in my back several years ago and have never fully recovered. The constant, daily, clutch movement with my left leg was indeed taking a toll on my back. Especially with the stage 2 clutch. Not so bad on the highway but half of my driving is in the city. Constant stopping and going. So I wont ever own another manual daily driver. If I want to row some gears I do still have the Camaro and it has 6 gears to row. :)

I see. Damn.

Well, what are the plans, then? :D

I see. Damn.

Well, what are the plans, then? :D
I bought another car and will make a new thread for it in the near future. But that car will remain pretty much stock. I will post more details about that later in its proper thread.

When it comes to the Camaro, I will be posting some 2015 plans for it in that thread when spring comes.

Last edited:
I was hoping to suggest this
ralliart_1.jpg

which has an automated twin clutch and potential to be fitted with Evo turbos :sly:

But I see you already got a replacement, so looking forward to reading about that 👍

I was looking at my neighbors 2015 WRX over the weekend, after talking to him I was pretty impressed, big bump in HP to 268, 6 spd manual, nice!

I was hoping to suggest this
ralliart_1.jpg

which has an automated twin clutch and potential to be fitted with Evo turbos :sly:

But I see you already got a replacement, so looking forward to reading about that 👍
I have always loved the evos. Very rare in this area. Even more rare than the WRX. Hopefully I will be posting a new thread about my replacement car next week.

I was looking at my neighbors 2015 WRX over the weekend, after talking to him I was pretty impressed, big bump in HP to 268, 6 spd manual, nice!
Yes that would be about 40+ hp over a stock 2004 WRX. My sales rep tried for several months to get me into a 2015. I was very tempted but I just don't want a car that new. Maybe in a few years I can think about it again.

At least you had some good fun in the snow one last time :D
Yes that I did for sure. Those cars are incredible in the winter. :)

That car pictured is actually a RallyArt Lancer :).

I'll be waiting for your new thread 👍

Back