Soliciting BIZARRE, nutball, ridiculous, & plain crazy race ideas!

United States
Pennsylvania
wat3rm370n
Okay, the point here is to come up with car / track / theme race ideas that are bizarre, unusual, or just plain ridiculous.

Stipulations:
Tuning Prohibited
Stock Tires
Aids off (except ABS or including ABS)
Grip Real

May be heavy damage or light damage.
May be endurance or sprint cup style.

GO!

My contribution:

Samba Bus @ Eiger Weather change, heavy damage :D

Honda Odyssey '03 / various station wagons @ London, heavy damage = Last Parking Spot at the Mall

One make, Shelby Cobra
Comfort hard tires
NO aids NO ABS
Nurburgring, dusk, weather ON full downpour, 100% saturation
Grip reduction, real

Eiger Nordwand K Trail / Reverse

Shackleton-class: Schwimmwagen

Sisyphean-class: Kubelwagen, Samba bus, Citroen '54

One make, stock Miata/MX5 '89 premium with CH tires at Monza with weather or Motegi Full road course, no TCS, no ASM, no SRF, no AS, ABS optional.

or a highway battle at SSR 7 with or without weather, 2 classes : cars with 500 max hp and 1400 kg min weight and CS tires ( no aero ) - 10 cars and the other 6 are traffic car racing as well with 100hp max and 1100 kg min weight - CH tires ( no aero ). This should be interesting, passing the slow cars will be fun for the faster cars. 3 laps or more would be great. Standings are based on class. We could have the cars pre-selected to even the field of each class. No power limiter and ballast allowed.

Last edited:
One make, stock Miata/MX5 '89 premium with CH tires at Monza with weather or Motegi Full road course, no TCS, no ASM, no SRF, no AS, ABS optional.

or a highway battle at SSR 7 with or without weather, 2 classes : cars with 500 max hp and 1400 kg min weight and CS tires ( no aero ) - 10 cars and the other 6 are traffic car racing as well with 100hp max and 1100 kg min weight - CH tires ( no aero ). This should be interesting, passing the slow cars will be fun for the faster cars. 3 laps or more would be great. Standings are based on class. We could have the cars pre-selected to even the field of each class. No power limiter and ballast allowed.

Have the two classes race in opposite directions.

This is getting good!!!
popcorn.gif

And I'm getting ideas. :D

💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡

From the point of view from the slower class cars, getting passed by cars screaming past at 180mph would be cool, imagine that with loud sound systems.

Goes to show how often I've been on SSR7... there's weather there?
Suddenly the track has more appeal to me! :lol:
Could be an interesting place for a 2-speed traffic race... with RAIN! :lol:

You got it wrong... 50 laps of SSRX in Red Bull X1's is where it is at :sly:

Nurburgring 24hr backwards at Midnight with Karts.

Now that's a race.

Tried this in 100% wet once. It's like playing some sort of retro video game, just trying to point the arrow on the minimap in the right direction. Feels weird, man.

Stock Renault Avantime on SH or CS. (Stock tyres) Around Madrid... passing would be damn near impossible.. Also the understeer would be hell too (I'd say Monaco too but I'm not a mental :lol:)

So what would be the ultimate plan for this?

Run a 3-5 week series, each week doing a different crazy/nut-job/bizarre race each time, tally the points and we would have a champion nut-job?

^This. And Skel you know I've already destroyed you in that Cobra race on the Nurb.

Stock Renault Avantime on SH or CS. (Stock tyres) Around Madrid... passing would be damn near impossible.. Also the understeer would be hell too (I'd say Monaco too but I'm not a mental :lol:)

The only reason that's a weird idea is because the Avantime itself is so weird! :odd:
:lol:
Otherwise, that's actually a pretty good car/track combo, I think.

It reminds me that I decided to put the Volvo Estate on Madrid Mini. And I recall chuyler1 (who is not silly in any regard), clearly thought I was NUTS :crazy: to put a long car like that on Madrid Mini with it's awkward turns. But he won that race, and others too. But it turned out to be quite fun there.
I know cc570 has always called Madrid a "high power track". But I have to say I think it works very well with CERTAIN lower power cars, and definitely average road cars (ie: range of 350-400pp).
It's good because it's flat with straight bits but interesting. So you actually don't need a lot of power or performance to make a fun race there.

I always get annoyed when people call it "a dirty track". Like saying that some tracks just make for dirty racing. Well, personally, I think that it's drivers NOT tracks, that are "dirty".
But even so... I think the main problem sometimes is that people get the idea that Madrid is like New York in gt4 or something. It's not good in a shuffle if you put up the pp to 480-500, and then you wind up with 16 cars, Bertones or saloon cars on there. :ill: (trying in vain to go 4-wide through the chicane :odd: :crazy:)
It's actually quite an excellent track to race with less than 6 cars, and quite good with many cars at lower powers.

I used to hate all forms of Madrid. But now I just think it's about what cars. It really depends on the car.

So what would be the ultimate plan for this?

Run a 3-5 week series, each week doing a different crazy/nut-job/bizarre race each time, tally the points and we would have a champion nut-job?

I hadn't gotten that far yet!! :lol:
But that's a great idea! :D

I really like doing unusual & bizarre race events.

(Though I think I will pass on the karts @ midnight. :ill:)

Hey I like the Avantime and fully powered up and lightened it can corner extremely well :P. (With the right setup ofcourse)

The fact that you've worked on a tune for the Avantime puts you squarely into the weird category. :lol: ;) :crazy: :odd:

Good I said I wasn't I mental, I didn't say I wasn't weird :D.

009.jpg

Dat Aventime :drool:. (Crap pic from old camera..)

Back