Starfield

I hope there is alien intelligent civilizations, species, and advanced tech, and mysterious phenomenons.

Not just human factions, settlements like in fallout 4, it be too samey.

But not cheesy like in andromeda.

I hope there is alien intelligent civilizations, species, and advanced tech, and mysterious phenomenons.

Not just human factions, settlements like in fallout 4, it be too samey.

But not cheesy like in andromeda.
Haven’t seen anything to confirm these (I mean planets do have varied flora and fauna, so I guess that qualifies as species), but I suspect we will see some, if not all, of these show up.

Yeah this game is looking really solid from what I’ve seen. Between this and Phantom Liberty, I’m going to be very busy over the next few months.

125 gigs on pc though, wow. Imagine how big it will get with DLC and patches, I guess that just shows the scale of this game. I would still feel burned if I was on Series X, 30 fps on their premier console is just sad for any type of game.

Last edited:
Yeah this game is looking really solid from what I’ve seen. Between this and Phantom Liberty, I’m going to be very busy over the next few months.

125 gigs on pc though, wow. Imagine how big it will get with DLC and patches, I guess that just shows the scale of this game. I would still feel burned if I was on Series X, 30 fps in 2023 is just sad.
That’s the state of games these days. Looks at that Immortals of Aveum game. It’s running at 720p! upscale to 4k and still drops into 40s on PS5 during heavy combat…

Just wait until theres frame drops from 30 fps, it will look like a slide show.

One thing I’m really looking forward to is seeing what the modding community does. I think I’m going to need more storage.

Preload is up on Steam.

According to all the leakers out there the game is 9/10 and some claim it’s the best Bethesda game yet. Don’t know about 9/10 yet, hope it’s true, but from what I’ve seen so far it definitely has potential for the best BGS game yet. I personally was never too impressed with their work, but this looks to be on another level.

2 more days…

I personally was never too impressed with their work
sZWZjHl.png

:D

Looks like level 40 is where you gonna be once you do most of the major quests.
Thats good (in my book), since I was afraid you can become good at everything eventually. Not so it looks like.

Here’s my Cyber Punk build (Cyber Runner + Introvert, Wanted, Neon Street Rat):

What are you guys going with for your first playthrough?

Last edited:
What are you guys going with for your first playthrough?
No idea yet, I'm deliberately avoiding all the hype, previews, etc. and will make a decision after booting up the game. I will likely do multiple playthroughs anyway.

Last edited:
I'll probably wait for a while before buying it (if I can resist) given that many new games nowadays seem to have a lot of teething problems.

No idea yet, I'm deliberately avoiding all the hype, previews, etc. and will make a decision after booting up the game. I will likely do multiple playthroughs anyway.
That’s some willpower! I couldn’t do that even if I tried :)

Are you going with PC or Xbox?

Predicting about 92% average review score based on everything I’ve seen so far. We’ll see how far off it ends up being, but I don’t think it will end up being any lower than 90%.

Last edited:
So…looks like:

Pros:
Good RPG, good game, good immersion and world building, least amount of bugs for BGS, good performance even on Series S.

Cons:
Its not a space sim (for those who expected it).
Its a slow burn (not a con for me, but apparently for some it is).
UI isn’t perfect
Loading screens

Looks like my 92 prediction overshot a little bit, but that’s fine.
Game sounds excellent for me and Series S performance gives me great hope for similar performance on ROG Ally.

Last edited:
The carnage and anguish a simple number can cause - especially when it’s a 7

crowd riot GIF

Sounds like a good game, typical Bethesda though in some ways. If I can pick up a cheap XSS at some point I’ll be suiting up and lifting off.

I have the day off tomorrow so I will see how it runs on the X. I was not expecting Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen lite, I was expecting Fallout with Spaceships. Star Trek Online is the closest thing console has had that is comparable to what I expect. That is a low bar to surpass, but I'll let you know how it goes.

I read the 7/10 ign review, and what they say seems pretty reasonable, and expected, and sound like a 7 at best for sure sadly.

Things, aspects, like eventually gets good enough.. , in other words, many are passable, just ok.

Like combat on the ground and in space, which seems very basic.
Space exploration, traveling is non existent, just skippable cutscenes/loading.

Most planets are small mining resources areas.

Lot of loot management in a poorly designed way.
Just average animations, npcs.
Goes below 30fps on xsx lol.
Isn't especially nice looking, not one comment on good graphics.
Etc.
I'd still be curious but it's gonna wait a long time, maybe on a ps5 someday..

I have the day off tomorrow so I will see how it runs on the X. I was not expecting Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen lite, I was expecting Fallout with Spaceships. Star Trek Online is the closest thing console has had that is comparable to what I expect. That is a low bar to surpass, but I'll let you know how it goes.
Sounds like you will be very happy. Most people seem to indicate that this is Bethesda’s best work, which doesn’t say much to me as I never loved their stuff, but for the fans of Fallout and Skyrim this should be right up their alley.

Series X seems to run 30 fps locked 90% of the time other than in the city areas where it drop to around 27-28.

I still have no idea what this game is supposed to even be about. From what I've read you're looking for artifacts but past that, I have no idea what the plot of the game is. Also, while I do want to play it, I know Bethesda games and there's not a doubt in my mind that it won't be anything other than a buggy mess for a little bit.

I wish reviewers were more reliable too, but more often than not, they seem bought. From the few I've read about Starfield thus far, they seem absolutely bought and paid for.

I still have no idea what this game is supposed to even be about. From what I've read you're looking for artifacts but past that, I have no idea what the plot of the game is. Also, while I do want to play it, I know Bethesda games and there's not a doubt in my mind that it won't be anything other than a buggy mess for a little bit.

I wish reviewers were more reliable too, but more often than not, they seem bought. From the few I've read about Starfield thus far, they seem absolutely bought and paid for.
“ThIS rEviEW doEsn’T AgrEe wiTh MY opINionS, sHilLS”

“ThIS rEviEW doEsn’T AgrEe wiTh MY opINionS, sHilLS”
I don't have an opinion on the game one way or another. As I've said, I don't even know what it's entirely about. But to give it a 10/10? I'm sure it'll be good, but is it a generational title? Probably not. There are a handful of reviews that put it at 7/10 or 8/10 which given their conclusions sounds like the right score.

Yh of course xbx sites give it 10, but ign , gamespot, another well knowned site give it 7, saw a few 5s so.
And it's not even cause of bugs.

Stil interested but ill be more patient.

I never expected it to have the same freedom as games like NMS, but I’m a big fan of Bathesda RPGs so this will likely be right up my alley. Someone described it as Outer Worlds on a much larger scale and that sounds good to me.

If you've played Skyrim or Fallout, you'll get the overall vibe of the game and what the gameplay loops are going to be. It's reportedly the least buggy title from Bethesda as at launch, which is promising.

As for the 10/10 reviews, games can be 10/10, but it's the 7/10 reviews that give me confidence in this title, because those reviews are the ones that more openly point out what they don't like about the game. It's a definite purchase for me now I've seen some reviews, more gameplay and have a better understnading of if I'll like the game or not. I can't say yet if I'll love it, or how long it'll keep me hooked, but I'm pretty confient from what I've seen that I'll like it.

The main storyline about the artifacts seems interesting, there are some unexpected turns I'm told, though I've deliberately avoided story spoilers. But if you've enjoyed other single player Bethesda RPG's you'll likely enjoy this. If you didn't like them, you probably won't like this.

Last edited:
Playing for an hour and a half still level 1. Yep.
Reading and learning about everything slowly. Good stuff so far.
Runs above 30 fps on the ROG Ally.

Downloading it right now. I got the Premium Bundle for free for buying a 7900XTX GPU with AMD Rewards. Otherwise I doubt I would have bought the game anyways, unless maybe it was on sale for Black Friday.

Edit: So I launched the game, and while learning how to mine the rocks. The game crashed, lol. Granted it automatically was set to Ultra graphics, I dropped it down to high, and when I relaunched it. It crashed again, when it got to the Bethesda Studio logo. launched it again, and dropped the graphics down to low. Got off the opening elevator, and it crashed again. AMD has a driver update for it soon. But I was having fun filing out the crash report for AMD, and how to replicate it.

Edit 2: Noticed there's a GPU update that I haven't done yet. So I'll try that and see what happens.

Edit 3: No dice, still crashes after getting off the opening elevator. This weekend, I'll try and turn off/disable my other two monitors and see it works better with just one monitor being used.

Edit 4: Looks like AMD had another GPU update after the first one I downloaded. Game runs fine now!

Last edited:
Oh dear! Looks like this will absolutely destroy my CPU/GPU. I think I'll wait a while and see if performance improves.

Back