STOCK CLUB - Cancelled, (I'm hosting casual Open Lobbies from now on).

• Thread starter VBR
  • 114 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Welcome To Stock Club

:gtpflag:

The Home Of Squeeky Clean Tuning Prohibited Racing!

Stock_Club.jpg

What Is Required Of You?

1: You must be a clean, competent, & conscientious driver, with lots of online experience in fairplay lobbies. These are key points, as we always race with Heavy Damage & no Penalties! :eek: We compete according to the SCR (Stock Club Rules), you must become intimately familiar with them before you sign up. SCR rule 4:A also applies in this thread!

2: Your PS3 must be wired to your modem, & your connection in GT5 must be pretty much problem free. You must not have problems with lagging, not being able to see others out on track (due to a continuous loading bar under your PSN ID), or frequently getting disconnected from online lobbies, etc (having music on in GT5 causes DC's :odd:, turn it all off).

3: Every driver at Stock Club is also a Steward, & we police each other as regards the SCR. How does that work? If someone has caused an incident without apologising after, or is breaking some other rule or rules, you must PM them with the title; "STEWARDS INQUIRY!", & politely ask for an explanation. All Stewards Inquiries must be taken seriously, & replied to respectfully. All issues are to be handled privately, & never publicly. 🤬

About Stock Club

Stock Club is about the sheer joy of racing untuned cars with realistic settings, mainly at real world tracks, & with their full character on display. Couple that with the fact you'll be racing them against the cleanest drivers out there, & it becomes an utterly exhilarating experience unlike no other. You'll find yourself digging deep within your bag of talent as you not only fight your competition out on track, but also fight the very nature of the car, which is just waiting for you to make the tiniest of errors so it can bite you in the backside!

Upcoming Events

If you enjoyed an event, please make a post about it & share your experience with others. This will help contribute to the lively atmosphere in this thread. :cheers:

Sun 17th: Reverse Grid Night! ← Please follow the link & read the Rules & Regs before attending. It will be held in My Lounge (not open lobby), & is first come first served.

Calendar: Follow this link & click on Request Reminder For This Event (top right of post), to recieve weekly reminders via email for all future Stock Club events.

Test Drivers

Sign up using the application form below, & you'll be put on the Test Drivers list. I can't confirm the ability & connection of every driver on this list, as most are newbies.

VBR; Chiochan; Johnnypenso; hennessey86; Phouchg; Gulwick; Rittig; ROB 256R; KingSakery; w-g-e; JohnScoonsBeard; GT Flaw; HusamOne; Captain Roh; kcheeb; Luv2Coach; BrandonW77;

Pro Drivers

Pro drivers have consistently proven themselves time & again as regards the SCR & The Good Racecraft Guide (GRG), & have passed a 1 on 1 lag test. Wanna go Pro? :cool:

Application Form

Copy the application form below, & paste it into a post in this thread with your answers.

Here is my application to join Stock Club.

QUESTION: Do you actually understand what it means to be a clean, competent, & conscientious driver?
ANSWER:

QUESTION: Do you have lots of online racing experience in clean lobbies, & do you tend not to cause incidents?
ANSWER:

QUESTION: Have you read the SCR thoroughly, & do you understand how to apply them in race & qually situations?
ANSWER:

QUESTION: Do you give your word, that you will always use a wired connection when racing at Stock Club events?
ANSWER:

QUESTION: Are you willing, & confident enough in your understandiing of the SCR, to act as a Steward when necessary?
ANSWER:

This post has been optimised for 16:9 computer screens when GT Planet is set to "Wide", your Forum Page Width options can be changed at the bottom of this page here.

Last edited:
I'm definitely in once again, hoping my connection works better wired. And like I said last time, I won't be able to make every event but when i'm free i will. :)

The application form has been added to the OP, & we're taking sign ups now.

👍

Application Form

QUESTION: Do you actually understand what it means to be a clean, competent, & conscientious driver?
ANSWER: YES

QUESTION: Do you have lots of online racing experience in clean lobbies, & do you tend not to cause incidents?

QUESTION: Have you read the SCR thoroughly, & do you understand how to apply them in race & qually situations?

QUESTION: Do you give your word, that you will always use a wired connection when racing at Stock Club events?

QUESTION: Are you willing, & confident enough in your understandiing of the SCR, to act as a Steward when necessary?

Welcome back Ben, you're first on the list. :)

I would love to race but while I can tick yes to 4 of 5. I cannot say yes to wired connection as it is downstairs by the parents computer and way to far to wire my ps3 to it. Not to mention mums a childminder so we aren't allowed loose wires etc for saftey reasons.

ANSWER: On Saturday I had a 40 lap event at Deep Forest in the 69 Camaro RM. I got the pole and had a lead of several seconds about 30 laps in and decided to pit for tires with about 10 to go but the second place driver stayed out. In the final 9 laps I made up a gap of 20+ seconds on my fresh tires and on the last lap, I attempted a pass on the double left hander at the bottom of the track. I got inside on the exit of the second corner heading up the hill and thought the pass was clean as I neither heard nor felt any contact.

However, I looked back after making the pass to see my opponent sliding into the guardrail. Thinking I must have made contact, I pulled aside to let him pass and then chased him to the flag, only to lose by a few hundreths of a second. I watched the replay and as it turns out, I did not make any contact at all as I had thought at the time but I had forced him to the outside on the slippery part of the track and with his worn tires he simply spun on his own. However, I would rather be safe than sorry and do not regret my actions in the least, nor the outcome, a close second place.

ANSWER: Yes

ANSWER: Yes, CAT6 cable for about 18 months now.

ANSWER: Yes, have done so before for multiple series.

Note: It will be a rare occasion for me to be available for an afternoon EST/evening UTC timeslot but I will keep an eye on the thread just in case. I may actually make the first event..

ANSWER: On Saturday I had a 40 lap event at Deep Forest in the 69 Camaro RM. I got the pole and had a lead of several seconds about 30 laps in and decided to pit for tires with about 10 to go but the second place driver stayed out. In the final 9 laps I made up a gap of 20+ seconds on my fresh tires and on the last lap, I attempted a pass on the double left hander at the bottom of the track. I got inside on the exit of the second corner heading up the hill and thought the pass was clean as I neither heard nor felt any contact.

However, I looked back after making the pass to see my opponent sliding into the guardrail. Thinking I must have made contact, I pulled aside to let him pass and then chased him to the flag, only to lose by a few hundreths of a second. I watched the replay and as it turns out, I did not make any contact at all as I had thought at the time but I had forced him to the outside on the slippery part of the track and with his worn tires he simply spun on his own. However, I would rather be safe than sorry and do not regret my actions in the least, nor the outcome, a close second place.

Great answer! 👍

Last edited:
Application Form

ANSWER: Always

I guess i'll have to do this form to sign up then ^^

ANSWER: Since getting kicked last time I didn't, yes sir I will!

ANSWER: Yup, been doing a bit of stewarding before and don't mind it a bit.

The event for Wednesday the 6th of February has been posted up, the link to it is in the OP. Please follow it & read the Rules & Regs, cheers.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Sadly I also cannot participate. Although I don't have problems with lag, I can only say 4/5. I can't run a wire, even though its in a neighbouring room. Oh well, I'm sure it will be fun, cheers.

I know some Spec racing was mentioned and I'd like to suggest that we use more than just the recommended garage for this. As things get rolling it would be cool to have 2 or 3 spec cars to run with not in the recommended garage, stuff out of the NCD for example. So long as we have a week to buy the car and break it in it shouldn't be a problem for everyone to show up with the proper cars. Over time you can build up a stable of Spec cars everyone can have at the ready. I personally don't have a lot of cars from the NCD that are broke in and purely stock.

ANSWER: Yes. I have a background in IRL racing, but no worries, I AM able to race cleaner in GT5, than we do IRL, where it actually hurts, when someone makes a mistake.

ANSWER: Not a lot of experience, but I'm a grow up and at level 40 and with some online experience, I will not be a problem. I do not cause incidents. I think the racing should be as "high fidelity" as the rest of GT5.

ANSWER: Yes.

Ammendment: I have a big problem with wednesday nights, can't participate there. If racing will only be on wednesdays, please leave me out.

Have fun and stay safe!

What does it actually mean to be a clean, competent, & conscientious driver?

Clean: "(sport) played fairly...honourable or respectable...having no record of offences." Collins English Dictionary.

Clean drivers have their own standards of what they consider to be sporting. But, they respect the fact that their standards may differ from those of others, & that what is considered fair in one form of motorsport may actually be an offense in another! Therefore, cleanliness also includes being willing & flexible enough to honour whatever rules & regulations are required for any given event, even if they differ from our own standards. Truely clean drivers are not rigid, they are adaptable.

Competent: "Having sufficient skill, knowledge, etc; capable." Collins English Dictionary.

Competent drivers not only have the desire to honour the rules & regulations of any event they choose to enter, but they also have sufficient skill in order to do it with a high degree of success. Having a thorough knowledge of what is required of them, they are capable of meeting any & all reqiurements. This does not mean to say they make no mistakes, but that they now become a rare occurrence (think SCR rule 1:A).

Conscientious: "Governed by or done according to conscience." Collins English Dictionary.

Conscientious racers, drive according to their conscience, that is; an inner voice that tells them whether or not they are meeting the standards currently required of them. For example, when racing by the SCR they would think; "I took far too much out of that last corner, in fact I had all 4 wheels over the white line! Next time I'll try much harder to keep 2 wheels on the track." Not only do they have the desire & skill to honour any rules & regulations they have chosen to drive by, they are also regularly reminded of them by their own conscience, & take pride in meeting them when driving (think SCR rule 1:B & C).

👍

Last edited:
I know some Spec racing was mentioned and I'd like to suggest that we use more than just the recommended garage for this. As things get rolling it would be cool to have 2 or 3 spec cars to run with not in the recommended garage, stuff out of the NCD for example. So long as we have a week to buy the car and break it in it shouldn't be a problem for everyone to show up with the proper cars. Over time you can build up a stable of Spec cars everyone can have at the ready. I personally don't have a lot of cars from the NCD that are broke in and purely stock.

I'm way ahead of you! ;) Was testing a car from the OCD yesterday, one that doesn't need breaking in. I also have a huge amount of ideas for events, which I intend to launch from the Stock Club platform. I just wanna keep things simple to start off with untill we get enough clean, competent, & conscientious drivers to make this thing work. I can choose car/track combos & what day & time we meet, but the quality of the racing is determined by the calibre of the drivers out on track.

VBR
I'm way ahead of you! ;) Was testing a car from the OCD yesterday, one that doesn't need breaking in. I also have a huge amount of ideas for events, which I intend to launch from the Stock Club platform. I just wanna keep things simple to start off with untill we get enough clean, competent, & conscientious drivers to make this thing work. I can choose car/track combos & what day & time we meet, but the quality of the racing is determined by the calibre of the drivers out on track.

Good to hear:tup:. The OCD is a good possibility too since the cars are already broken in.

ANSWER: I do.

ANSWER: I have and I do.

ANSWER: I am.

I'm not available this Wednesday though :/

Please add me. Thanks. Rob.

ANSWER: Many, and few respectively. Yes.

ANSWER: Yep.

I still want to join. I only can make it Sundays and maybe a few Wednesdays ;)

PSN: Sakery

QUESTION1: Do you actually understand what it means to be a clean, competent, & conscientious driver?
ANSWER: Yes I am and the SCR is almost my inner Guideline for racing.

QUESTION2: Do you have lots of online racing experience in clean lobbies, & do you tend not to cause incidents?
ANSWER: Yes I have, before I signed to GTP I was shuffling like crazy and still have some superb Replays which are Youtube-material (but me is a noob in terms of getting a GT5 video to Youtube).

QUESTION3: Have you read the SCR thoroughly, & do you understand how to apply them in race & qually situations?
ANSWER: Yes for this see Q1.

QUESTION4: Do you give your word, that you will always use a wired connection when racing at Stock Club events?
ANSWER: Yes I´m wired from the start never have used wlan for my PS3. Although I´m useing a 20m cable which hinders my connection a bit. But my bandwidth is high and 13mb download//2mb upload is ok me think.
[I have to admit that I´m not free from "not-seeing-others" or "getting-DC´d" but who is ??]

QUESTION5: Are you willing, & confident enough in your understandiing of the SCR, to act as a Steward when necessary?
ANSWER: Yep. I was Steward (Steward in S2 and Head-Steward in S3) in the FGTC-Series and still am a Steward in the V8-BST-Series (was Steward in S2/S3 of it and currently am)
=> that I think is a good vita for myself to say: "Yes I believe I can be a Steward"

[I have to admit that I´m not free from "not-seeing-others" or "getting-DC´d" but who is ?

If you get the continuous loading bar under your PSN ID & cannot see others out on track, just leave the room wait 1 minute & then come back, it sometimes resets itself that way. The odd DC here & there isn't an issue, even I myself get them at times. Like it says in the Stock Club requirements, you must have a 'pretty much problem free' connection in GT5.

ANSWER: yes.

Short answers as you kind of know me as a driver. I may not be able to race tomorrow but I'm glad you're giving it another go.

I almost had tomorrow off, but turns out my partner needs another day so I'm on call. Might still be free at race time but not very likely:tdown:👎

I almost had tomorrow off, but turns out my partner needs another day so I'm on call. Might still be free at race time but not very likely:tdown:👎

No worries Johnny, just make it as & when you can, no pressure. :) This next event is just a casual race, but in the future I will be running some serious team based champoinships that we'll all have to sign up & commit to. I'll be running those on a Sunday evening.

I've sent a friend request.

I hope to be around tonight but it will depend on me getting my son to sleep on time and my wife is away so no backup. I'll come along when he's asleep.

QUESTION: Have you read the rules thoroughly, & do you understand how to apply them in race & qually situations?

ANSWER: Yes - I am wired (supposedly to a 20mb connection) but the speed has been fluctuating recently (Thanks B.T.). Any problems let me know and I will leave.

QUESTION: What is the air speed velocity of a swallow?
ANSWER: African or European?

I'm in 👍👍

QUESTION: What is the air speed velocity of a swallow?
ANSWER: African or European?

Thanks John, I missed that most important question, I'll update the application form now! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back