Suicide bomber in Ansbach Germany Outside of a Music Festival

Let's just say that we need to keep violent sadists and their twisted ideologies out of our societies.

someone asked me what I meant by being a better people, I'll say this much at least... we need to embrace our brother when possible, of course there are some that will do bad no matter how we treat them but that is a very small portion compared to what we are seeing now imo.

I didn't write that specific to you, you simply brought out my thoughts 👍

of course there are some that will do bad no matter how we treat them but that is a very small portion compared to what we are seeing now imo.
Just posted one of his vids in the ISIS thread, but here's another one that explains what creates a Jihadi, and why these attacks will never end because of how 'bad' Muslims relate to Islam:

And that is the element I speak of, it's unfortunate. There is a prevention tool however and that is called love and understanding, in other words, stop the recruitment. Choke the tree so to speak.

I believe in a holy war myself for example, I would never dream of physical harm to anyone as I fight in the spirit. It is not a bad thing to fight for what you believe to be right.

And that is the element I speak of, it's unfortunate. There is a prevention tool however and that is called love and understanding, in other words, stop the recruitment. Choke the tree so to speak.

I believe in a holy war myself for example, I would never dream of physical harm to anyone as I fight in the spirit. It is not a bad thing to fight for what you believe to be right.
You didn't watch the video :D

Point is that the internal conflict that Muslim youth have that live western lifestyles (drinking, drugs, partying, sex, and not being a practicant Muslim), which are considered sinful and bad, drives them to the ultimate way of redeeming themselves and being granted a ticket to paradise: waging Jihad.

I did not watch :embarrassed:ops:

I know or I think I know where you are coming from, all I am saying is I would rather embrace the kids and give them proper guidance before some thug gets his hands on them.

Fair enough?

OK, I watched the video. I can see the point but I don't really agree with the man, I am a Christian and I fall short every damn day but that doesn't mean I turn to killing innocent people.

To me all that needs to happen is for these kids to have a strong positive people in there corner, where there is an absence and complacency of those present, there is a window for corruption.

We need to be better people.

OK, I watched the video. I can see the point but I don't really agree with the man, I am a Christian and I fall short every damn day but that doesn't mean I turn to killing innocent people.
That's where Christianity differs as, (as far as i'm aware of), the bible does not say that you can redeem yourself, and get into heaven even if you were a sinner by killing unbelievers?

That's where Christianity differs as, (as far as i'm aware of), the bible does not say that you can redeem yourself, and get into heaven even if you were a sinner by killing unbelievers?

True enough, but I love all men, saints and sinners alike because I believe we can become one. I do not dislike the muslim religion on it's face, I do not dislike muslims, I guess I want people to pull their head out of their you know what.

I am strongly saying this over and over again, we need to be a much more responsible people, to ourselves and to one another.

You didn't watch the video :D

Point is that the internal conflict that Muslim youth have that live western lifestyles (drinking, drugs, partying, sex, and not being a practicant Muslim), which are considered sinful and bad, drives them to the ultimate way of redeeming themselves and being granted a ticket to paradise: waging Jihad.

Dog, you haven't got a clue have you. All you are is anti Islam, anti Muslim, and you will say whatever you can to get people on your side. A truly pathetic approach because everyone here can see how intolerant, petty and futile your arguments are. I have been reading your posts with interest, and not only have you no clue about world religions but your general knowledge is also very poor and inaccuarate. You are extremely ineffectual and inadequate.

Dog, you haven't got a clue have you. All you are is anti Islam, anti Muslim, and you will say whatever you can to get people on your side. A truly pathetic approach because everyone here can see how intolerant, petty and futile your arguments are. I have been reading your posts with interest, and not only have you no clue about world religions but your general knowledge is also very poor and inaccuarate. You are extremely ineffectual and inadequate.
You are always welcome to quote any of my posts and prove me otherwise :cheers:

You are always welcome to quote any of my posts and prove me otherwise :cheers:

Well that was an unpleasant rant by an angry person :lol:

It's not the religion, it's the people, perhaps by saying that I will now be labeled a racist haha.

Just posted one of his vids in the ISIS thread, but here's another one that explains what creates a Jihadi, and why these attacks will never end because of how 'bad' Muslims relate to Islam:

...Just watched this vid, but uh, that "recipe" can be applied to pretty much every other so-called Western countries, not just France.

I was inclined to agree with him but then it turns out he also believes in another Fantastic Tale of a Bearded Man so he lost my interest in a jiffy....

How about you refute his points of discussion instead of making an ad homenim attack on the person themselves?

Well that was an unpleasant rant by an angry person :lol:

It's not the religion, it's the people, perhaps by saying that I will now be labeled a racist haha.
That's a bit the general trend nowadays towards people that have a different opinion that isn't mainstream or politically correct. I'm not supposing i speak the truth, as i'm not 100% informed about the subjects i like to discuss in topics on a discussion board (no one is really), but labeling me as a racist or islamophobe is a cheap way of not having to give a thorough counter argument to my claims or beliefs.

Yes i do actually have an anti jihadist agenda, and i believe it is a problem that is deeply rooted in Islam, but could you blame me for that?

Yes i do actually have an anti jihadist agenda, and i believe it is a problem that is deeply rooted in Islam, but could you blame me for that?

I don't blame you at all, you see what you see and speak your mind about it 👍

Here is my take on all of it; first off you cannot take away a man's right to define his very existence whether it be muslim or christian or jew or spaghetti monster, you just cannot do that. What you can do is denounce with all warranted fervor a destane for violence period, it does not need to be in the name of any floaty bearded dude in the sky, no violence period.

We are on the same page in many respects, I suspect that you are secular and pragmatic and that is nothing wrong to me(correct me if I am wrong)

The problems that we are seeing have nothing to do with religion in my view, some use it as a tool and some use it as an excuse, some use it to wage war but, underneath it all I do not believe it is over religion. I believe it is over power.

There are a few bits in the Bible which say that you get into heaven even if you sin.

Romans 3:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 1:19
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 3:23-24
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Bolded for emphasis:

Exodus 20:1-6
And God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me.“ You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God.

Neither the Torah, Bible nor Koran are exempt.

Each book has inconsistencies.
Each book has verses advocating violence.
Each book has verses advocating pacifism.

The point being that people can be :censored:s no matter what book they read. Picking select verses from an inconsistent book is just an easy justification and to them, in their own twisted beliefs, they therefore don't feel that they need justification.

---

On topic, this is another horrific attack in Germany. So many in such a short space of time.

What do you think would happen if religion was removed by force? Is it so hard to see that bad people are bad?

There are a few bits in the Bible which say that you get into heaven even if you sin.
But nothing that states you get a into heaven if you wage jihad and kill unbelievers, which is the point here as that's the verse in the Koran that drives wannabe jihadis.

Through martyrdom?

Let's generalize. All three has good and bad. To what degree and quantity? Who cares, even steven.

The point being that people can be :censored:s no matter what book they read. Picking select verses from an inconsistent book is just an easy justification and to them, in their own twisted beliefs, they therefore don't feel that they need justification.
Are we currently having a pointless debate on comparative religion or is our discussion somehow related to the present world we live in where the vast majority of global terrorism is done in the name of one religion?

Hint below:
On topic, this is another horrific attack in Germany. So many in such a short space of time.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find something in the new testament advocating killing the infidels. The main stone that you can throw at the new testament is that it requires belief in the old testament. You can find tons of violent stuff about waging war against the non-believers in the old testament, and in the Koran. The new testament is fairly clean of that - but requires you to subscribe to it via incorporation of another book.

I'm not Christian, I don't like Christianity, and I wish everyone could just forget their religious nonsense.. but... if I'm ranking the evils I have to say that Christianity gets a boost over Judaism, Islam, and Mormonism. Judaism and Islam get lower marks for more openly advocating violence, and Mormonism gets downgraded due to just plain wackiness. If I'm assigning letter grades it looks like this:

Christianity: F+
Mormonism: F
Judaism: F-
Islam: F-

I think you'd be hard pressed to find something in the new testament advocating killing the infidels. The main stone that you can throw at the new testament is that it requires belief in the old testament. You can find tons of violent stuff about waging war against the non-believers in the old testament, and in the Koran. The new testament is fairly clean of that - but requires you to subscribe to it via incorporation of another book.

I'm not Christian, I don't like Christianity, and I wish everyone could just forget their religious nonsense.. but... if I'm ranking the evils I have to say that Christianity gets a boost over Judaism, Islam, and Mormonism. Judaism and Islam get lower marks for more openly advocating violence, and Mormonism gets downgraded due to just plain wackiness. If I'm assigning letter grades it looks like this:

Christianity: F+
Mormonism: F
Judaism: F-
Islam: F-

The problem is a lack of belief doesn't really aspire people like religions can with their nonsense afterlife.

Maybe someone should make something like enjoy the freedoms religions don't allow you day or something lol.

The problem is a lack of belief doesn't really aspire people like religions can with their nonsense afterlife.

Maybe someone should make something like enjoy the freedoms religions don't allow you day or something lol.

Concept of afterlife (or heaven, virgins, etc.) is the real problem, it offers false hope for religious people. While in reality, this life is only life you will get and everyone should act accordingly (I hope this notion inspires good deeds and not mindless violence).

Concept of afterlife (or heaven, virgins, etc.) is the real problem, it offers false hope for religious people. While in reality, this life is only life you will get and everyone should act accordingly (I hope this notion inspires good deeds and not mindless violence).

Do you mean specifically with Islam, or religion in general?

There is a purpose. Christians believe that the Gospels fullfills the Old Testament (something that was done with Christ's crucifixion). Romans is the lawbook of the Church (Paul was a lawyer before his conversion).

Why we have kept the Old Testament in the Bible is because we do believe that there will come a time where man is going to be placed under Old Testament law again.

There is a purpose. Christians believe that the Gospels fullfills the Old Testament (something that was done with Christ's crucifixion). Romans is the lawbook of the Church (Paul was a lawyer before his conversion).

Why we have kept the Old Testament in the Bible is because we do believe that there will come a time where man is going to be placed under Old Testament law again.

Any chance Christians can properly decide that that time is now and start killing the infidels too? Because if so, I may have to downgrade Christianity.

Any chance Christians can properly decide that that time is now and start killing the infidels too? Because if so, I may have to downgrade Christianity.
No, mainly because we Christians would not be under Old Testament law when it is applied again.

No, mainly because we Christians would not be under Old Testament law when it is applied again.

So this is a thing that will happen to nonbelievers after the rapture delivers the believers to heaven?

(Sorry if this is too far OT, the second coming is not one of the parts of the Bible I've spent much time on.)

Back