Supercar Festival

• Thread starter bigburt82
  • 174 comments
@ Junkie: I have good news for you! As soon as you reach level 33 you can race faster cars around Tsukuba for 9 hrs straight! :crazy:

Yeah that and the 24 hour ones are the only ones that I have left. I don't wanna use too fast of a car because if it isn't competitive, I'm sure I'll get bored with it again.:scared:

I love this seasonal! Good tracks, good payout, good challenge, just plain fun. I'm mostly taking slower cars and doing a few mods/tuning until I can keep up. Once I win, I grab a new car and start over. Working on the Evo IX now.

Is it just me or is the supercar seasonal events all glitched up? After I completed Trial Mountain the results screen didn't pop up until my "computer driver" did 2 extra laps. I couldn't do anything but watch my car criuse around the track for about 5 minutes. Then on top of that I just completed SSR5 for the second time and after the race the game got stuck on the loading screen with the Gran Turismo 5 logo at the bottom right. I could hear the cars driving around the track so the console didn't completely crash it just hung right before you are rewarded credits for the race. I waited 5 minutes before giving up and turning the console off.

Is it just me or is the supercar seasonal events all glitched up? After I completed Trial Mountain the results screen didn't pop up until my "computer driver" did 2 extra laps. I couldn't do anything but watch my car criuse around the track for about 5 minutes. Then on top of that I just completed SSR5 for the second time and after the race the game got stuck on the loading screen with the Gran Turismo 5 logo at the bottom right. I could hear the cars driving around the track so the console didn't completely crash it just hung right before you are rewarded credits for the race.

I have never had any problems with and glitches.

Tuskuba is a properly fun track with the Caterham 7, fully tuned. Blast them on the corners and get blasted on the straights.

I've taken some time to test quite a few cars to see which is fastest and therfor most suited for grinding. About 20 cars were tested and tuned for the Eifel course, and, assuming someone does car, I can report that the BMW V12 LMR race car is the fastest, posting a laptime of 0:56:7, with the Mclaren V12 Race car suprisingly posting the secon
d fastest lap with 0:58:1 (tied with Sauber Merc. c9). You're welcome!

Bentley Speed 8 just did a 0:56:4 with draft

Last edited:
I had fun on Tokyo r246 with the 458, pretty close race, always fun to outduel an Enzo :)

I found a stock 458 to be a great car for the entire series.
Although, I did put an adjustable LSD in it after the understeering mess of TaScooby.

This special events are great, I really enjoy it. Eiffel is a track to test many and many cars to win... really fun.

Agreed! I've also made it my new grind track with my Furia and Ford GT LM cars. 160k with 19,800xp every 5 mintues, yes please:tup:

Im getting 500000 credits and roughly 50000 XP for each race here.. Something wrong? :) Ill just enjoy it while it lasts..

Double whammied the 'freebees' last night. Bought the M3 GTR race car from the OCD with 0 miles and at half price, and ran it completely stock (for a race car). What it lost in top end it more than made up for in the corners. That has to be one of the most stable cars in the game! Closest race was Tsukuba against the R390. More than paid for itself with the triple payouts! 👍

Eifel Times, tuned for Nurburgring Online, Racing Soft, ABS=1.
PP : Best Lap : Car

613 01:07.9 458 Italia
600 01:09.5 SuperVeloce
700 01:00.4 787B
647 01:07.3 McLaren F1 '94
631 01:09.0 Enzo
626 01:09.4 Ford GT '06
610 01:07.3 430 Scuderia
625 01:08.8 Challenger RM
604 01:08.6 Z28 RM
638 01:05.5 SS '10 RM
577 01:10.8 F40
583 01:11.4 Cobra 427 '66
571 01:11.7 Viper GTS '02
591 01:09.0 F430 '06
539 01:09.2 NSX RM '91
504 01:12.4 512BB '76
DNF ZR1 RM
DNF ZR1

NSX RM surprised me, fairly slow car on the Nurb... Overall, fun times on Eifel, not a bad track... running out of premium cars to run unfortunately...

Last edited:
@ Junkie: I have good news for you! As soon as you reach level 33 you can race faster cars around Tsukuba for 9 hrs straight! :crazy:

This nine hours is the worst race, that tiny track, I hate it. Why it is so over used in so many races. It sucks.

Eifel Times, tuned for Nurburgring Online, Racing Soft, ABS=1.
PP : Best Lap : Car

613 01:07.9 458 Italia
600 01:09.5 SuperVeloce
700 01:00.4 787B
647 01:07.3 McLaren F1 '94
631 01:09.0 Enzo
626 01:09.4 Ford GT '06
610 01:07.3 430 Scuderia
625 01:08.8 Challenger RM
604 01:08.6 Z28 RM
638 01:05.5 SS '10 RM
577 01:10.8 F40
583 01:11.4 Cobra 427 '66
571 01:11.7 Viper GTS '02
591 01:09.0 F430 '06
539 01:09.2 NSX RM '91
504 01:12.4 512BB '76
DNF ZR1 RM
DNF ZR1

NSX RM surprised me, fairly slow car on the Nurb... Overall, fun times on Eifel, not a bad track... running out of premium cars to run unfortunately...

I use the Zonda R for this track and get around 1:03s

500K in 5 min is not bad lol

The Lineup makes a pretty big difference in these race. I was having trouble getting my tuned ZZII on SS tires around Tokyo fast enough to win. I kept getting into 3rd or 4th by the second lap or so, but the leaders were so far ahead, I couldn't catch them by lap 5. I tried probably 10 times to no avail, then went to go check the UCD, bought some cars, and headed back to the Tokyo race. This time I was in first by the time I was going around the big U turn thing. I snoozed for the whole race, pulling lap times that were a second or two off my pace of the previous attempts and won by more than 12 seconds. I kind of would have liked something in between, where I could still win, but didnt stomp the competition so easily.

The Lineup makes a pretty big difference in these race. I was having trouble getting my tuned ZZII on SS tires around Tokyo fast enough to win. I kept getting into 3rd or 4th by the second lap or so, but the leaders were so far ahead, I couldn't catch them by lap 5. I tried probably 10 times to no avail, then went to go check the UCD, bought some cars, and headed back to the Tokyo race. This time I was in first by the time I was going around the big U turn thing. I snoozed for the whole race, pulling lap times that were a second or two off my pace of the previous attempts and won by more than 12 seconds. I kind of would have liked something in between, where I could still win, but didnt stomp the competition so easily.

Sure does. For a car built in '94, the McLaren F1 sure can run off and hide if it gets to start in first. At least it's a not a total aberration like when the XJR-9 shows up for the Dream Car Championship.

The McLaren F1 is my stallion of choice for the Supercar Festival. I regained confidence racing it when I finally set the TCS back to 5 and the ABS to 1. Otherwise, my losing streak at Tokyo R246 would continue. It MUST race on Racing Mediums, unless I'm happy with my car spinning out of control and losing grip all the while.

This is a Supercar series, so I have to treat it like it's about production cars. So I refrained from using any non-Normal cars. I try to play fair by picking an appropriate car for this Seasonal Event.

The McLaren F1 is my stallion of choice for the Supercar Festival. I regained confidence racing it when I finally set the TCS back to 5 and the ABS to 1. Otherwise, my losing streak at Tokyo R246 would continue. It MUST race on Racing Mediums, unless I'm happy with my car spinning out of control and losing grip all the while.

This is a Supercar series, so I have to treat it like it's about production cars. So I refrained from using any non-Normal cars. I try to play fair by picking an appropriate car for this Seasonal Event.

Now thats not really fair if the AI are using Comfort softs...

Well as I said in another thread, my McLaren is crap on Comfort or Standard tires. I lost that Seasonal Event at Eifel by 20 seconds and in 6th Place. A thing about me- when I lose and know I could do better even if by poor car setup, I want to DOMINATE the next time out so that I don't have to endure further pain. I can be very impatient. My McLaren F1 basically needs Racing tires because I can't stand having to pilot a 600+ hp car that is pathetic on anything other than Racing tires. That's why I loathed doing the Supercar Festival in GT4. You needed Standard/Sports tires, and most of those cars handled very poorly.

Pent-up frustration and the "I don't have any other choice" argument for me, I guess.

This seasonal is one of the most challenging using Sports Soft on a stock road car.

The F1 seems to be the only car I can make it. especially if the F1 is leading.

I think sport softs are enough for the mclaren. And I'm not a tire snob. Sure racing tires are going to make the racing easier but I don't think they're necessary.

If you want to use an underpowered car but still be competitive you can reload the race until the mclaren is not in the lineup.

...If you want to use an underpowered car but still be competitive you can reload the race until the mclaren is not in the lineup.
Agreed - I've yet to see the F1 in these races because I generally don't use any tuned-to-the-max-beasts.

Back