T&L racing - OPEN EVENTS

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 254 comments

Race time - wednesday race series - whats your choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blitz you are ok to join tonight, just tell me which car and which race you are attending 👍 EDIT just saw you already posted this above Blitz, excellent :)

Richard, none of the cars are Premium, but there is an Astra touring car '00 in the Online Collector's Dealership at the moment, which is perfect for this event 👍

All the best
Maz

Thanks Maz! See ya guys tonight then 👍 Just saw the BMW weighs the most too :dopey: But you've made some minor changes to some of the others, so I trust they'll all be pretty evenly matched :D

Looks like I cant join, dont have any money left. Have fun guys 👍

I'll gift you a car when I get home, Richard. Probably CLK 👍

I'll make it correct engine specs and let you fiddle with the suspension, LSD, gears etc

All the best
Maz

I'll gift you a car when I get home, Richard. Probably CLK 👍

I'll make it correct engine specs and let you fiddle with the suspension, LSD, gears etc

All the best
Maz

Thanks Maz ! 👍

Looking forward too the race :)

Thanks Maz ! 👍

Looking forward too the race :)

Richard, the DTM cars are just a little too expensive apparently and cannot be gifted. I wish you had told us earlier mate we could have run your B-Spec drivers for you or sent you cars to sell.

Can you quickly do a few of the Seasonal Ferrari F1 races and make some cash to buy that Astra, therefore joining us at the later 20:00GMT race lobby?

Sell an F40 or two?

I'll be opening a lobby shortly, join through community and add me on PSN (deano and Blitz) if you havent already so you can join my lobby. We'll be testing at a different track then I'll switch to Nurb/D just before the race.

All the best
Maz

Looks like I cant sell cars... tried 15 different cars.

I have had so much bad luck with this game :( I wont get many more cars either, stoped playing a spec after 3 save files lost and I refuse to play more with the incredible SLOW and stupid AI. :grumpy:

Sorry for the rant... have a good race guys 👍

I can't join guys. Got surprise company and were watching CL footie, so I won't be done on time. I'll try the next event! :D:tup:

Excellent race tonight. 👍

Oh, and somebody needs to check their headset, I had to turn mine off because it sounded like somebody strapped theirs to the pedals. :lol:

**** maz. just realised i totally messed up the pit strategy in my head. i pitted only 1 time in the 25 lap race. you must put me last in this race result. my bad. thanks for setting up the race. it was fun.

Great event tonight Maz 👍

thanks all for this good fun :sly:

PS : no result yet from "hare & tortoise" ?

Thanks again for the racing T&L. Four intense and fast/clean races with some of the fastest guys online.

Great fun and banter.
Dan. 👍

Sorry I dropped out of the PSN server about lap 12, checked my lounge connection Nat type 2 bandwidth very high, checked internet speed 41.9 out of 50 mbs.

Checked PSN sever connection, failed to connect (how the) thinking back to a race the other day in GTP_IDOR Bart’s GTP_Pasm Video number 2 on the last lap shows me in second place coming to the finish of the race, you can see in the top right corner on the video that GTP_Eriba has just signed in.

Which leads me to believe that I have an electrical connection problem with a cable somewhere?

Hope to get this sorted soon so I can join in again.

Phillip.

Great racing last night gents, some of the best I've had ,I find myself saying that alot lately. I can only Thankyou for being such great races.
If your reading this from the outside and think you can run twenty laps going from 180mph to 40mph with 4-16 cars around you without any contact then these are the boys to do it with. The replays are like watching racing on tv, awesome.

Results for Double Tin-Top Matchup posted:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5133710#post5133710

Deano those last two races with you confirmed what Fingers, Jon and co have been saying, you are a total class act 👍 That last lap had me in total stitches :lol:

Haha Rune, no worries, it's just good to have you racing again :cheers:

Thank you also to Laurent, Phil, Fastas, the incredible Maffski and the sick & twisted Lars for joining what was a fantastic night of racing. Pics will be added to the results very shortly!

All the best
Maz

Finally home from a work trip. Looks like youve had another good race. Great guys!!

Just updated front page. There will be a extra race this coming saturday at 20.00 GMT.

Extra No 1: Around the world in six
- Saturday 09.04.11

For those who want to continue racing saturday night Arvore from the SCC crew will be hosting some racing later on the night.

Last edited:
Arvore, the link seems invalid to me ???

Too bad I might not be able to take part saturday. surely not be back home after BasketBall game on time.

Hopefully maybe join arvore for some fun. :sly:

Will send invite

Arvore, the link seems invalid to me ???

Sorry Wayne,I thought it was valid to all the T&L Crew...I have to check with jjaisli

Hopefully maybe join arvore for some fun. :sly:

Will send invite

Please do Wayne it would be wonderful to have You:tup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to thank everyone who showed up last night-I guess the numbers were very acceptable considering the late hour-it was great fun.👍
There is no report or results involved since as stated previously this was purely for fun.
And very enjoyable it was,imo, we started at Lemans with the DTM cars and went for shuffle for the rest of the evening which brought up some memorable moments that made some good laughs possible...I can't refrain myself of pointing out the trail K race where Mário tried to scare the competition driving a scarier Laramie truck:dopey:
Anyway it was very enjoyable and a evening well spent amongst friends...and that was what I was looking for.👍
So thanks everyone for showing up.
Now tonight I'll be running at the same hour the same combo-DTM/30 Min race(if the participants are the same as yesterday we probably will do another track so it won't get repetitive) and then shuffle.

HOPE TO MEET YA ALL THERE

:cheers:

Sorry Arvore, just coming back & I'm just too tired, need some good sleep before driving again.

Hope you guys had great fun 👍

results for the hare and tortoise race Jon.
Wayne won the race but had no team member.

Wayne ZR1 = 20 pts
Warren ZR1 = 18pts
Jukka TVR = 16 pts
Deano TVR = 14 pts
Rune ZR1 = 12 pts
New soul TVR = 10 pts
Uk86ze ZR1 = 8 pts

Team points
Warren 18 pts deano 14 points = 32pts
Jukka 16 uk86 8 = 24 pts
Rune 12 pts new soul 10 pts = 22 pts
As you can see that eventhough I came last but with Jukka securing 16 pts are team came 2nd overall as our points totalled more

Hey guys, Which race is this Wednesday? When I click on the link on the first page it takes me to an event post for 23/04 with a Lotus HC? Is this correct?

RACE SATURDAY No 6 - TEAM EVENT 3
In the air tonight

023-0314112541-no-fly-zone.jpg

OPEN T&L EVENT
Time: saturday 16.04.11 at 21:15 GMT

Qualification: Saturday 16.04.11 at 21.00 GMT

Track: Mt Aso tarmac
Weather: Sunny only
Race admin: Rune
Race host: Marchbrown

Duration: 65 laps roughly 60 minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between lap 15 & 65

Post your name to take part in the race.

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

images

NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car '02
Bhp limit: 540 bhp
Weight : 1120 kg
Tyres: Racing hard/medium
Modification: STOCK - NO NEW PARTS ALOWED

* NO AIDS
* ABS 1

THE STORY

Mount Aso is the largest active volcano in Japan, and is among the largest in the world. It stands in Aso Kujū National Park in Kumamoto Prefecture, on the island of Kyūshū. Its peak is 1592 m above sea level. Aso has one of the largest caldera in the world (25 km north-south and 18 km east-west). The caldera has a circumference of around 120 km (75 miles), although sources vary on the exact distance.

the Qualification - teams
A qualifier will be held saturday 16.04 from 21.00 GMT to 21.15 GMT to determine the teams.
The fastest qualifier will be teamed up with the slowest qualifier.
No 1 will team up with 16th fastest. 2nd fastest will team up with 15th fastest etc etc

the Tires
Tyres to be used over 65 laps are Racing Hards and racing mediums
Pit window opens by the end of lap 15.
If you start the race on mediums and when you pit in you will have to change to Hards. If race is started on hards then you must change to mediums.
You can only pit In twice and only use Racing mediums for 1 stint.
If your Tyres are not useable and you can not continue then you pit in and stay pitted.
It all comes down to driving fast and taking care of Tyres.

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

1st Warren 16 T&Ls
2nd Laurent 15 T&Ls
3rd Rune 14 T&Ls
4th Mat 13 T&Ls
5th Matt 12 T&Ls
6th Jon 11 T&Ls

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited:
Hey Jon

As you know i am away all this week and most of next so will miss the midweek races :grumpy:

And thanks for changing the Italian job date :)

Back for saturdays race though :)

Have fun be cool

Ive updatetd some of the bhp limits for the good, the bad and the ugly race.

I have to ask the question Jon, I tried to take part in the last event but unfortunately fell foal to the disconnection bug. If a member of any team gets dc’ed once the race has started would the surviving member be allowed to carry on with the race.

If so how many pit stops would he/she be allowed to make taking into account the 65 lap duration.

This disconnection thing seems to be very random here in the UK, weather its numbers on the server or what I just don’t know, at times it’s happened to me and I’ve checked my connection to both servers and internet speed and the results where Nat2 bandwidth very high with internet speed of 40mbs out of 50mbs.

Just very strange.

Phillip.

Yo Philip
Atm we've got to types of team events. In one of them 2 drivers use same kind of car. When 1 of the team is on track the other will wait in the pit. In this event its impossible to produce results for the team if one of the members gets dc'ed.

The other type of event is teams put together by fastest and slowest quali time. Its the combined result of the two drivers that makes final position. In this event its possible to give out final positions even though one of the team memebers gets a dc. Ofc teams where both drivers finnish will collect more points and get a higher final result.
The coming race this saturday is put together like this.

I hope my bad english answeres your question.

About connection issues to me it seams like some people just dosent connect well. In my lobbys Its always helped if you can narrow it to the people with such issues and get them both to leave lobby, empty catch and reenter. To bad that we get our game experience destroyed by this connection ****e.

Latest Posts

Back