Tesla Master Plan: Part Deux

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,577 comments
Surely an EMP would knock out any local electrical infrastructure that you'd need to charge the thing?

Okay, your truck has survived the EMP and is in perfect working order, but you've got 210 miles before it's effectively bricked.
As it turns out, Cybertruck owners and doomsday preppers have a large overlap in that they both spend large amounts of money on things that probably won't actually work, should they get into a situation where they would really need them.

Last edited:
As it turns out, Cybertruck owners and doomsday preppers have a large overlap in that they both spend large amounts of money on things that probably won't actually work, should they get into a situation where they would really need them.
As Mike Tyson said, "Etheryone has a plan until they get punched in the faths".

More Cyberstuck Simps bragging about their Incelmino and it's capabilities:

Four cases of water and some potting soil? I carried more than that in my Volvo C30. There are hundreds of these videos all over social media too. It's like the people who bought these never actually owned a truck before and are trying to justify owning something that falls apart by looking at it.

I transported a six foot refrigerator in my old 2005 Daihatsu Charade L250(hatch open no doubt) :sly: . It was labelled as a van for a reason, but carrying water is his idea of truck stuff?

I find it amusing that potting soil has apparently become the measuring stick of the Cybertruck's hauling ability, given that the average bag of potting soil weighs... 15, 20 pounds max?

I've loaded my minivan with more than this without putting a single seat down. A literal ton of boulders, pulling a trailer filled with more tons of gravel, still seats 7, and that's only because I have the nice middle row chairs, otherwise it'd be still seats 8.

I think I might be able to carry those soil bags in my MR2. The trunk is kinda surprising on that car.

H0UPvjjNIUnjGd3Bht8CJeS7wEj82Zel8jSkST7hzEV6GAI20OmQRhJLIEPECixFPXfD0NgLXG7GE_r-zEiK4SM

The thing about the MR2 though, is that the bags wouldn't slide around, and it's probably easier to get them in. If you're worried about the bags being dirty or letting some soil out, a little plastic or canvas tarp takes care of it.

When I bought the MR2 is had aftermarket wheels on it but the seller told me that he had the originals. When I got the car I didn't see the wheels anywhere and was like... where are they? He told me he'd included them.

They were in the trunk! Tires and all.

Last edited:

Four cases of water and some potting soil? I carried more than that in my Volvo C30. There are hundreds of these videos all over social media too. It's like the people who bought these never actually owned a truck before and are trying to justify owning something that falls apart by looking at it.

Yeah I could definitely get this much stuff in my Boxster.

Gotta admit when I first got my Sequoia I was excited about really lame “truck stuff”. But then I actually did truck stuff like towing car trailers hundreds of miles, damaging it off-road, carrying payloads and towing trailers that both exceeded its ratings at the same time, etc. It’s currently covered with mud on the outside and full of straw and dirt on the inside from yard work. Do that with a $100k vehicle.

I'm still hopeful for Next-gen Y (Is it still being called Juniper?). I'd like them to go hood clamshell to bring the frunk holding cell a little closer to the bumper and a little wider for a golf bag. Would be great if it were just a touch longer in the cargo area, as well.

I've driven with FSD several times now, and I gotta say, since the last month of updates it's significantly better. Besides it prompting me for input at times to make sure I was awake, etc., I really didn't have to intervene at all. I like that you can give it a touch of accelerator to nudge it forward to close gaps and not be so laggardly when approaching a stop or inching out in traffic. It tries to regen brake as quickly as possible when it sees a red light, and then it hauls ass back up to the speed limit once the light changes and it's clear ahead. While it's awesome that it drives slow-in fast-out like a hyper miler, it can be a little annoying for the rest of traffic. So, yeah, the nudge feature really works well. Driving in FSD feels like being in a simulation. When you drive a gas car again it's a little strange to re-form that connection to the car.

brb gonna go take photos of my weekly garden center trip to astonish and amaze Tesla Twitter

That's fine
If I live long enough, I'd love to see figures of how many remain on the roads as used cars(Probably the same as many iPhone 4 are still being used).
...and I don't mean in a dystopian era where the 2000SUX is the car of choice.

That's fine
If I live long enough, I'd love to see figures of how many remain on the roads as used cars(Probably the same as many iPhone 4 are still being used).
...and I don't mean in a dystopian era where the 2000SUX is the car of choice.
Given the current state of battery technology most of these will probably be off the roads within five to ten years, either due to replacement batteries being too expensive for the secondhand market (why you don't see older examples of the Nissan Leaf around anymore) or vehicles appearing that have better range for value once the current development plateau has been surpassed. There's going to be a point where Tesla just stops pushing OTA updates to them too, since you can only support old hardware for so long before the cost of software development outweighs the benefits of keeping those outdated models current.

Given the current state of battery technology most of these will probably be off the roads within five to ten years, either due to replacement batteries being too expensive for the secondhand market (why you don't see older examples of the Nissan Leaf around anymore) or vehicles appearing that have better range for value once the current development plateau has been surpassed. There's going to be a point where Tesla just stops pushing OTA updates to them too, since you can only support old hardware for so long before the cost of software development outweighs the benefits of keeping those outdated models current.
There are currently 10+ year old Model Ses roaming around without any serious problems reported as far as I know. Battery degredation doesn't even seem to be that bad. As long as the current owners take care of whatever required maintenance - which they won't because anybody who guys a $50k or less car doesn't give a crap about that - the cars could easily be driving for ten more years.

The Leaf can't really be used as a fair example of the 2nd hand market for EVs; the early models (that are just reaching 10 years old) had major issues with cooling that has meant the battery life was drastically reduced from what it was expected to be when brand new. Tesla appears to have handled their battery tech much better than Nissan did in the early days, to the point where on the Model S the electric motor wears out more quickly than the batteries do.

It should also be noted that all Teslas come with an 8 year battery warranty (mileage varies per model from 100,000 - 150,000 miles) that guarantees a 70% retention of capacity. Given the way EV values are going in the used market I don't think they'll be off the roads within 5 to 10 years at all, instead I think they'll offer great value for money for those buying used.

Last edited:
Back