Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,548 comments
I've not played Motorfest, but isn't the map a similar size to Horizon 5's?

It's larger than FH5.

Estimated guess. lol

Anyone who actually spent significant amount of time on both games can tell you MF is a lot smaller than FH5. And remember the O'ahu map in-game is not a 1:1 scale of the real thing.

Last edited:
MSZ
Estimated guess. lol

Anyone who actually spent significant amount of time on both games can tell you MF is a lot smaller than FH5. And remember the O'ahu map in-game is not a 1:1 scale of the real thing.
Yeah I've spent a lot of time on both and MF isn't smaller.

From everything we've seen of late, it seems like they have put a lot of care and attention into this title.

I hope it's not mired by bugs that ruin its introduction. The last thing a new car title needs is review bombing and negative press.

Last edited:
Hand Give GIF by Fantastic3dcreation

Still no release date or actual gameplay. What they showed was “in engine”.

And I'm still confused about graphics. Those cars looks like a PS3 game. And I'm being generous here.
While I'm not convinced about the final quality of the title visually, using what are clearly screengrabs from a video (of unknown resolution and bit-rate) isn't likely to be 100% representative.

Who is getting hyped over a few sports cars? Just give us a date....
And I'm still confused about graphics. Those cars looks like a PS3 game. And I'm being generous here.
If this is what PS3 games look like I need to dig mine out of storage and replay some old classics

Out in September

Last edited:
If this is what PS3 games look like I need to dig mine out of storage and replay some old classics
Yes I still think car models in TDU SC looks like from a PS3 game. Definitely inferior to models from PS4/XBone games. FH3 or NFS 2015 car models looks a generation better.

Anyway I'm extremely glad they gave us a release date.

View attachment 1360084

This is pretty shocking. Fair play to the 7 day beta testers!

Also - I am assuming the cars are unlocked for players who buy the higher tier edition, and not locked entirely behind an "edition" paywall? Surely..?
On the website in a barely readable asterisk note it says "Car X automatically unlocks in your garage after you reach level X"
Sounds like you just won't get those cars in a base game

The graphics feel very xbox one generation like FH3 and NFS Payback.
All current open world racers (of which 2 of 3 are crossgen) look way better.

Everything is going to bank on the physics, map and the game structure to carry this game.

There seems to be something resembling a battle pass mentioned in the different editions of the game too, which doesn't bode well.

Back