The Amazing and Cool GIF Thread

• Thread starter Horde_R35
  • 998 comments
08-daily-gifdump-101.gif

DirtBikeJumpIntoTheRiverReallyBigBalls-71956.gif

Last edited:
The Australia on Europe part of this needs to be printed and handed out with landing cards in Australia to remind people that a 2 week circumnavigation road trip of Australia just won't happen. Just like Sydney to Perth for the weekend.

Those are all pretty cool!

What's that last thing? It almost looks live a live being... My guess is that it's a reversed image; in reality, what's happening is that the foam or whatever is "spitting out" the cube.

I don't actually know what happens, and if it reversed, but the blob looks a lot like the magnetic fluid that is found in fancy shock absorber.

I see how the triangle one works but in the chocolate bar they take out a pice of the bar and then it still has the same area, something's wrong there
EDIT: Saw the wiki link and got it 👍, though the chocolate bar one doesn't seem to be done by changing the slope, just altering figure size

Last edited:
I see how the triangle one works but in the chocolate bar they take out a pice of the bar and then it still has the same area, something's wrong there
EDIT: Saw the wiki link and got it 👍, though the chocolate bar one doesn't seem to be done by changing the slope, just altering figure size

That's what I thought.

Those are all pretty cool!

What's that last thing? It almost looks live a live being... My guess is that it's a reversed image; in reality, what's happening is that the foam or whatever is "spitting out" the cube.

Neat stuff. :drool:

http://laughingsquid.com/time-lapse-of-magnetic-silly-putty-absorbing-a-magnet/

"Ferromagnetic particles in the putty are strongly attracted to the magnet and very slowly engulf the surface of the magnet. The magnet shown in the picture is a strong neodymium iron boron magnet. It’s a very powerful magnet for its size and could erase magnetic stripes found in credit cards and damage electronics!

The putty looks and feels like regular silly putty, but the difference lies in the fact that it has been infused with millions of micron-sized ferrous particles (most often iron oxide powder). The magnetic putty is not actually magnetic by itself, since the infused particles are made of iron powder."

Back