The Amazing and Cool GIF Thread

• Thread starter Horde_R35
  • 998 comments
Bummer, try practicing on this first. If you guys still can't see it, don't say I didn't try :)
Buddha.jpg

Yea, got the shark and the meditating person/thing. That shark is probably the toughest magic eye I've ever done. Had to get my face really close to the screen, whereas usually I can just flip in and out of it.

Definitely try on the second one first. Put your face close to the screen and let your eyes relax, as though they were focusing deeper than the screen. Your goal is to focus on something about 6 inches or so behind the screen. The second one looks kinda like this:

stock-photo-statue-of-buddha-meditating-in-a-lush-green-garden-29019349.jpg

It's not exactly that but it was close and I found it quickly.

Not sure about that... I think it demonstrates the aerodynamic effect that creates upthrust/lift. Wingtip vortices are something different - I think - I could be completely wrong though....

I've stood outside the runway at the Atlanta airport to see Boeings land over my head and have seen this in person. Wing-tip vortexes may not be the official term for it though. And lift looks different than this.

I did that on my bicycle the other day. Popped a small wheelie over a bump in an intersection and came down at an angle. Did the same thing with my foot, almost biffed it hard. :ill:

Because our brain sucks. :D

32-try-to-make-it-through-this-post-without.gif

It's a trick GIF. The Lighting and shadows are wrong - temporally. The brain compensates (as it usually does) with 'fake' reality.

I see two sharks -the one in the back has three dorsal fins - and there is a finless baby shark in front of it.

Bummer, try practicing on this first. If you guys still can't see it, don't say I didn't try :)
Buddha.jpg

I see two Buddha-figures in the back - attached at shoulders and hips - in between and slightly to the front is some kind of crouching animal - like a cheetah or other larger cat.

Very relaxing. :lol: The problem is stopping the ocular attraction and getting away! Any movement of one's head will break the trap.

This is an example of the - 'atheists are looking for the dark with a flashlight' analogy. The more you focus the less you are going to see the 'illusion'.

Good ones. Was enjoyable letting go.

Back to this one again - I tried it out another time - and try as I would couldn't get the double-buddha/crouching cat image again. These images had depth the first time - in the sense they were beyond the surface and were flat planes in the middle of the picture. However - when I tried it later on, all I got was the single seated Buddha figure, probably the one Danoff was talking about - and this time the image was an indentation - it was hollowed out from the surface. At this point I tried to figure out where my focal point was and gently raised my index finger in front of my eyes . . . and as I moved my finger closer to the screen it went into the Buddha indentation - as if my finger was inside the screen!

Freaky. Virtual Reality. :crazy:

Buddha.jpg

I usually just cross my eyes to see them, but that sometimes means I get an overlapped image (so it'll be like conjoined Buddha then :P).

Back