The amazing and cool video thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 3,558 comments
Yeah now imagine doing a similar speed in the 1/4 mile :crazy::scared::nervous::ouch::ill:

This must be the sickest thing ever:drool:

I get a little bit nervous just thinking what that would do to the human body :crazy:

You wouldnt catch me there alive :lol:

Yeah now imagine doing a similar speed in the 1/4 mile :crazy::scared::nervous::ouch::ill:

This must be the sickest thing ever:drool:

I get a little bit nervous just thinking what that would do to the human body :crazy:

You wouldnt catch me there alive :lol:

I have been to a few NHRA drag races out at the Las Vegas Speedway. For those of you that haven't seen them in person, video does not do these cars any justice. They are louder and faster than anything you've ever seen. The funny thing is, I know that it is going to be loud and scary but the first run of the day always makes me flinch and duck for cover.

Wow! Before I posted, I looked up a couple of Top Fuel Dragster facts. Here are some interesting ones.

* Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1 1/2 gallons of nitro per second, the same rate of fuel consumption as a fully loaded 747 but with 4 times the energy volume.

* If all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs $1000.00 per second.

* An NHRA Top Fuel dragster accelerates from 0 to 100 mph in less than .8-second, almost 11 seconds quicker than it takes a production Porsche 911 Turbo to reach the same speed.

* Dragsters twist the crank (torsionally) so far (20 degrees in the big end of the track) that sometimes cam lobes are ground offset from front to rear to re-phase the valve timing somewhere closer to synchronization with the pistons.

The calculated Power output of these engines is most likely somewhere between 8500 and 10,000 horsepower, with a torque output of approximately 6000 lbf·ft and a brake mean effective pressure of 80–100 bar.
For the purposes of comparison, a 2010 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, the world's most powerful production automobile at the time, produces 1,184 bhp of power and 1106 lbf·ft of torque.

I have been to a few NHRA drag races out at the Las Vegas Speedway. For those of you that haven't seen them in person, video does not do these cars any justice. They are louder and faster than anything you've ever seen. The funny thing is, I know that it is going to be loud and scary but the first run of the day always makes me flinch and duck for cover.

Wow! Before I posted, I looked up a couple of Top Fuel Dragster facts. Here are some interesting ones.

* Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1 1/2 gallons of nitro per second, the same rate of fuel consumption as a fully loaded 747 but with 4 times the energy volume.

* If all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs $1000.00 per second.

* An NHRA Top Fuel dragster accelerates from 0 to 100 mph in less than .8-second, almost 11 seconds quicker than it takes a production Porsche 911 Turbo to reach the same speed.

* Dragsters twist the crank (torsionally) so far (20 degrees in the big end of the track) that sometimes cam lobes are ground offset from front to rear to re-phase the valve timing somewhere closer to synchronization with the pistons.

The calculated Power output of these engines is most likely somewhere between 8500 and 10,000 horsepower, with a torque output of approximately 6000 lbf·ft and a brake mean effective pressure of 80–100 bar.
For the purposes of comparison, a 2010 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, the world's most powerful production automobile at the time, produces 1,184 bhp of power and 1106 lbf·ft of torque.

Nice wright up man. Nice to know some facts and speaking of wich (Veyron):

[YOUTUBEHD]Td6UTKC4mvQ[/YOUTUBEHD]

And this:drool:
[YOUTUBEHD]fI6jCh3IEt0[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:
I know its not a video but I had to show this:

418700_292948557432894_179573255437092_814617_315672968_n.jpg

Sprite
Saw these on My Flipboard feed thought of posting here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38">YouTube Link</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZkHpNnXLB0">YouTube Link</a>

Fake and unrealistic as well. No one's house is that clean. :sly:

Fake and unrealistic as well. No one's house is that clean. :sly:

Would be awesome though if that kind of stuff comes around in my lifetime. As it is, we're really not that far off from having it right now with all the touch-screen devices on the market. Cost being an issue, of course.

wow , that m5 vs gtr is amazing....ly stupid
you dont review a saloon car vs a 2door sports car and be impressed when the sports car wins lol
you gotta get a review between the m5 and the merc 63 equivalent

Back