The Best/Worst Badge in the Business (Literally)

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 90 comments
Definitely not the best badge, but I love Peugeot's:

peugeot-lion-emblem-12-01-10.jpg

They could bring the blue one back, for performance models perhaps? Like the red H badge for Honda Type-Rs.

I seem to remember at one point the blue was used on the cars, gold for the trucks & SUVs, and then the red outline badge (below) was for performance cars. Again though, this is GM, so they probably were finishing out the blue and red badges because they liked the gold but had bought the others in uber-bulk. Greedy 🤬.

chevrolet_red_bowtie_small.jpeg

Also, some great picks on both sides. I have some more, possibly a bit biased:

I seem to prefer two common aspects: Wings and Stars. Wings? Well, that Chrysler logo is better with them, as is the Bentley logo, but I think these are best. Take your pick, but I prefer these versions:

Thunderbird
0608mmfp_03z+1988_ford_thunderbird+thunderbird_emblem.jpg

Firebird
th_BirdDecal_color.jpg

Now stars:

Chrysler Corp
chrysler-emblem.jpg

Mercedes
mercedes-benz-cars-logo-emblem.jpg

As for crap, I give you-Volvo.
volvo-cars-logo-emblem.jpg

What was the idea here? Proving it was made by men?

Worse
interesting-tale-of-incredible-logo-of-mercury-automobile.jpg

Could be for anything other than an automobile. Investment fund, washer/dryer, lightbulbs, tupperware.

Best
seven-c2a9-christopher-martin-4087-2.jpg

I'm a Taurus as well. A bit biased towards Lamborghini but, no confusion about what the Seven is just by that logo.

I'm a bit biased, but I always felt the Honda logo was very crisp and stylish.
honda.jpg

Worst logo for me is Tata's. Just looking at it you know the cars are going to be rubbish.

451px-Tata_logo.svg.png

As much as I love Mazda, I really dislike their current badge. Here is the evolution of the badge:

mazda-car-company-logos-evolution.jpg

1959 and 1975 are so cool. 1991 was too similar to Renault (which is why it was quickly changed) but I think even the 1992 is pretty cool. The new one is just a little blah.

Forgot about this one; the Efini RX-7 badge.
EfiniDetail.jpg

Very cool.

Edit: I also quite like the Citroen DS badge:
4-ds3-badge.jpg

American car company badges have been crap in the past couple of decades. Chevy, Ford, Chrysler, and their subdivisions are all lacking any sort of "flare" to them.

Logotipo%20Chevrolet.jpg

Ford%20550.png

Chrysler-Logo.jpg

Love this badge, though it may be too familiar with GT fans...
7629080556_776103bb11_z.jpg

Another fave:
4907502216_5c743de0c1_z.jpg

This is horrible, mainly because is it worn by terrible cars
Ssang_Yong_logo.jpg

My best has already been posted. The Mustang.

Here's the worst. I can't even imagine spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on these otherwise great cars but having these badges on them. I mean honestly, $200,000+ for a car and this is the best they had? I even understand where the Ascari logo came from, but I still think they should have dressed it up some. I also think the new Noble crown is bad.
5842630078_96aeb97254.jpg

800px-Ascari_logo.jpg

Back