The BMW M3 E36 goes sideways when braking

• Thread starter Fury
  • 66 comments
Anyone else with same problem?

This physics update was a mistake.
The issue seems to be that tires are rubbing on the fender arches. It is especially noticeable when a car transitions to going uphill adding load to the front end, such as on the exit of turn 1 @ Brands Hatch or the hairpin at Maggiore.

It also depends on driving style. With my tune on the new M3, I had no problems. Another driver using my exact same settings had the problem. He raised the front ride height a few mm and it went away.

What GT needs is some sort of indicator for tuners to know that the contact could happen.

Anyone else with same problem?

This physics update was a mistake.
Adjust ride height, shocks, springs, tire size / stance, geometry. Honestly, the new update made everything that much more realistic so everything into a car's build and tune play a vital role. If one thing is wrong, the whole car could be wrong. Even your transmission setup will cause a lot more problems than most realize.

1725644582124.png

Thanks

Will give it a try and report back.
Having the same issue with the '73 CSL

Last edited:
Its not always the case of front wheels rubbing inside of the wheelarch, there are other cars with issues with stock suspension,nothing to do with wheels rubbing.Im not saying the thats not the issue with the E36 but its not a given for all the other cars with issues. 👍

Its not always the case of front wheels rubbing inside of the wheelarch, there are other cars with issues with stock suspension,nothing to do with wheels rubbing.Im not saying the thats not the issue with the E36 but its not a given for all the other cars with issues. 👍
Tires could be rolling over. Chassis could be locking up. Could be getting too much body roll. Change between camera views and pay attention to what the car is doing. That will give you great clues. The cockpit and chase cams are great for this.

Last edited:
Back