The Clash of the Titans

• Thread starter Pesselles
  • 420 comments
Man what fun. Seriously. I wasn't kidding when I said it was the best racing I've ever done online. Sorry for my bad habits. I don't race people often so it feels awkward at times to not just charge through. Anytime we can I'm ready for another.

Cheers all of you, and nice driving!! 🍻🍻🍻🍻🔥🔥🔥🔥

@Lomic last race we almost had it good, then you seemd to lose control but at the same time did I, yet I came out in front.
Unintended overtaking, but as I think we both were having a bad situation I feel like I was allowed to take this opportunity.
Yeah not sure what I did, but this turn was a bit hit or miss for me, fortunately I did not took you me with me.

Last edited:
Sure was fun, though I now definitly see the merrit in "same car races" for lobbies like this, because;
race 1: I definitly see I am lacking power with the way I setup the car - though this is how I usually prefer fo drive.
race 2: with the least powerful car put at p1, t1 had to be the most chaotic one - sorry for this
race 3: trying to avoid recreating race 2 t1, I was going inside but this wasnt for the best

@smoothbore12 I swear to was a raccoon when I spun out, but in the replay I could confirm it actually was a fairy on my wheel, pulling it all to the wrong side.

@Lomic last race we almost had it good, then you seemd to lose control but at the same time did I, yet I came out in front.
Unintended overtaking, but as I think we both were having a bad situation I feel like I was allowed to take this opportunity.

Happy to join in when occasionally I am free :)

Shi...rt happens especially if we are many in the race and track allow it.
My moto is to make less mistakes and take advantage of the others mistakes ( if they do any ) or penalties but isn't work always 😂 .

During last month we did some races in a snap without a program, someone throw an idea and the others that are available just follow.

As you see there's nothing to be shy for and the most important is to have fun no matter the outcome.
We have nothing to prove and the speed or the talent of everyone isn't measured by our race results and that's the good part since everyone can win .

Nooooooo nothing, I bet @MUC76 shares the same point of view 🤣

My god, I think they won't need to mow the lawns for at least two weeks in Road Atlanta 🤣
Maybe I know which moment you are thinking of. I am sure that it was a problem of @smoothbore12 s internet connection and situation looked completely different from his point of view (if not, choose a pink livery 😅).
He had some delay problems during the last weeks, but IMO it was better today already.

Cheers
Martin

Last edited:
Was much better today, did not look like a pinball ball between bumpers.

Unfortunately my connection here isn't good , hope at September that we are planning to move to be better,but till then i don't have hopes for something better with so many people there doing their vacations with phone on their hands all day.

A quick one .
Can i join the group without headphones and hear you ?
And if i did he will make my connection even worst ?

Can i join the group without headphones and hear you ?
I think so. You should get the sound trough the loudspeaker of the DualSense.
And if i did he will make my connection even worst ?
Theoretically yes. But Sony seems to do a good job there. I don't feel any difference.
Perhaps our chattering in terms of data is just another kind of race noise 😅

Should we try this week in a "voice - chat - test - lobby" where everyone can test his connection, headsets,.... ?

Should we try this week in a "voice - chat - test - lobby" where everyone can test his connection, headsets,.... ?
Why not, would you be so kind to remind me how to activate that ? I forgot 😅

Games Winning GIF by Hollyoaks

Theoretically yes. But Sony seems to do a good job there. I don't feel any difference.
Perhaps our chattering in terms of data is just another kind of race noise 😅

Yeah, I would like to join. My mic may be broken and want to test finally. Headphones and Dualsense might not work at the same time... Cheers!

That is correct, and it sounds pathetic.
It is also possible to use the built-in microphone, though that is even worse.

Headphones and Dualsense
Not quite sure what you want to say here?
1719215042073.png

1719215069025.png

In both menus you can either select "Headset" or "Controller" individually for microphone input (screenshot 1) and audiooutput (screenshot 2).

But Sony seems to do a good job there. I don't feel any difference.
Have you guys considered setting up a free discord voice chat?
The quality there is much better (and to me and my friends connecting is much faster).

That is correct, and it sounds pathetic.
It is also possible to use the built-in microphone, though that is even worse.

Not quite sure what you want to say here?
View attachment 1367316
View attachment 1367317
In both menus you can either select "Headset" or "Controller" individually for microphone input (screenshot 1) and audiooutput (screenshot 2).

Have you guys considered setting up a free discord voice chat?
The quality there is much better (and to me and my friends connecting is much faster).
Hej,
thank you for help/advice. I did now register at discord and have to test my mic as I couldn't create any sound at all. The headphones work still fine.

My problem was that I cannot hear anything out of the controller during using my headphones for the game sound. 🙉

Have a nice week and hope to see you next weekend again. In the meantime I have to check your TT-results... 🙄

I was wondering for some time If I can join the fun too? Since I have already been added to the PSN groupchat :)
Don't have much experience racing (around 60 races in sport) but I do my best not to destroy everyones race.
Yes, perfect! We are waiting for you. 😉

So far we aren't PSN-friends and I will send you an invitation as our lobbies are 'friends only'. Please check that you are friend with most of us as different people are hosting the sessions.

See you on track!
Gorefast

Welcome on board @krazislaw .
Don't " fear " anything, my experience in sport is almost zero but wasn't a problem to participate .
We're race for fun trying to be " clear " as possible .

Sometimes isn't possible as shi...rts happens but we learn to live with that 😂

Don't know your age but usually the most of us are in the God period or preGod period 🤣

God from grumpy old dude and since am from Greece am the one that must carry the weight of the original Gods land 😂

Write down your Psn to send you a friend request ( damn 3 places down in my leaderboard from yesterday ) .

Just received your request @krazislaw so we are friends now ( your mistake not mine 🤣 ).

Your age put you in the very early stage of pro grumpiness period .
You don't need glasses, fart and snoring doesn't belong to your daily routine ,you can do real sports, had a fever up to 42 and fall in love at least once a day .

You're gonna need some years to take a role to the Jurassic park theatre 😁

Thank you. I was lucky with startimg from the front and managed to pull away. You're fast as well and the rest of the field too. Had some nice door to door action in between. It was a lot of fun :)
Usually our " top guns" start from behind and that's a problem for them.
Anyway it was nice today and i did my best at last race , of course i step back to give you the win due to our collision in the damn S .

First,last doesn't matter,its all about fun and luck sometimes.

Usually our " top guns" start from behind and that's a problem for them.
Anyway it was nice today and i did my best at last race , of course i step back to give you the win due to our collision in the damn S .

First,last doesn't matter,its all about fun and luck sometimes.
I appreciate that. Accidents happen and I misbraked a few corners too, almost taking others out. And I accidentally pit maneuvered @Evilmuffin exiting Michelin Kurve in one of the earlier races. Sorry for that.

All replays are available, if you want to see the shenanigans and the punting festival 🤣

My first experience with the voice chat was a bit strange, it is cool to hear you guys, usefull to decide when to launch race or ask for a break (lots of GODs who need to go to the bathroom on a regular basis 😁), but in the same time, it is a bit distracting for me too, I need to learn to stay focus, whatever I hear.

I appreciate that. Accidents happen and I misbraked a few corners too, almost taking others out. And I accidentally pit maneuvered @Evilmuffin exiting Michelin Kurve in one of the earlier races. Sorry for that.
It has been an impressive Premiere! You might find yourself at the back next time... I enjoy watching your (drift) laps and am happy to share the track with you.

The track layout asks for some close racing action and got it today with some 'love taps'... Have a nice week, Titans! I will be away next week and have a lot to do with the TTs this week.

Small unofficial clash tonight as @K1LLD0z3R wanted to race (but was not available at the time I opened the lobby), @Gogga came but his cat had a paw locked under the fridge, he had to go in emergency. So it was between @smoothbore12 and me, for 3 races, 100% fun, 100% fair-play, and 200% close racing, what a blast !

Replays shared (search "Titans").

And I recorded a replay with the automated replay cam view (just switching between cars to focus on the 2nd)

Victory was decided on the last corner (but the launch from the previous chicane made all the difference)

Last edited:
Back