The Clash of the Titans

• Thread starter Pesselles
  • 420 comments
Hello Titan-fan group,
the thread was a bit quiet for a while because the titans tried a tibetan silence meditation to improve their driving skills. Unfortunately that didn't work out, so we're back again.
Tomorrow there's a race for which @Lomic was developing a cool combo. I'm sure @Pesselles will reveal the secret soon.

Because one Titan needs a change of pace from IRL-troubles nowadays, this race is dedicated to you, our friend.
Even though there's a long distance between us, we're thinking about you a lot right now!

Put the track on fire!

Cheers
Martin

Last edited:
Hello Titan-fan group,
the thread was a bit quiet for a while because the titans tried a tibetan silence meditation to improve their driving skills. Unfortunately that didn't work out, so we're back again.
Tomorrow there's a race for which @Lomic was developing a cool combo. I'm sure @Pesselles will reveal the secret soon.

Because one Titan needs a change of pace from IRL-troubles nowadays, this race is dedicated to you, our friend.
Even though there's a long distance between us, we're thinking about you a lot right now!

Put the track on fire!

Cheers
Martin
I have been hoping for an opportunity to join this merry band of misfits on a Saturday and I think this happens to be the very Saturday I can. If you all have room in the lobby for another I would very much like to participate. Keep me posted as to how and when and what, please! 🍻

Last edited:
I have been hoping for an opportunity to join this merry band of misfits on a Saturday and I think this happens to be the very Saturday I can. If you all have room in the lobby for another I would very much like to participate. Keep me posted as to how and when and what, please! 🍻
Hi,
of course you are very welcome. We switched to Sunday a couple of weeks ago which is easier for our American colleagues.

As I am hosting the event tomorrow, you should send me a friend request on ps5 (look at my profile for the PSN).

The race data is
1719060701484.png

Last edited:
Hi,
of course you are very welcome. We switched to Sunday a couple of weeks ago which is easier for our American colleagues.

As I am hosting the event tomorrow, you should send me a friend request on ps5 (look at my profile for the PSN).

The race data is
View attachment 1366918
Oh I see... I may be able to join tomorrow. I will send a request! Thank you my friend!

Hi,

The race data is
View attachment 1366918
Is this the first time you allow tuning up to the limit specifid?
I remember always reading "car must be stock, only tyres have to be x".

Is this the first time you allow tuning up to the limit specifid?
I remember always reading "car must be stock, only tyres have to be x".
Yes this time, mostly because I came up with this combo and my Viper is a tiny bit tuned (High lift camshafts, racing exhaust and power restrictor). I will put the normal exhaust but I can't remove the camshafts. So I proposed a PP limit just around my current PP without the exhaust, so I don't have an unfair advantage.

Feel free to use lesser tyres if you want the Viper to be more on the drift side 😁

So I proposed a PP limit just around my current PP
Did a bit of TimeAttacking with that limit in mind:
1719068989989.png

1719069001555.png

And because I like widebody cars more:
1719068963184.png

1719068945876.png

E: Im online shy, because I am not confident in my ability to drive clean around human competitition.
And as a "permanent citizen of Lake Maggiore" I suck on other tracks anyway, cant keep up in the online time trials 🤣

Last edited:
E: Im online shy, because I am not confident in my ability to drive clean around human competitition.
You should see @smoothbore12 and @Pesselles in action, you'll immediately lose all shyness 🤣

But don't worry, just drive like you would do on a TT, trying to follow best trajectory, braking where you have to and so on, and let others do their thing, most of the time it will be alright, and when it won't you'll be laughing so much that it won't have any importance
And as a "permanent citizen of Lake Maggiore" I suck on other tracks anyway, cant keep up in the online time trials 🤣
We generaly have a practice before the actual races, so you won't be lost.

And you can practice the combo in advance, I suspect some to do so, in order to be competitive 😁 I am slower than most of the guys so I have no shame finishing last most of the time, I only prey on their mistakes and shenanigans to gain spots 🤣

Seems that i have to welcome the two new members that want to be Titans .

Welcome @Meythia and @330_D , there's room for everyone and judging from your TT times you gona have good competition from our usual leaders .

Don't know why Aquaman (@Lomic ) put me and @Pesselles in the " black sheep " category always and spread that rumour around 🤣 .

@Meythia don't feel shy or whatever , always there's a Oups situation that everyone can involve but at least we don't have " Caterpillar" guys like those in daily races that are doing the best they can to make you face the track in wrong direction.

Last edited:
Don't know why Aquaman (@Lomic ) put me and @Pesselles in the " black sheep " category always and spread that rumour around 🤣 .
I second this message, I have NOTHING to do with this "character"... I'm educated, civilized, have an official driving licence, and I (try to) play nice on GT7.

@Meythia and @330_D : welcome on board and have fun with us!

I'm sv1000sny or Turbobinder. I'm looking forward to noon... I am traditionally terrible in a viper so you all might think I'm fast but I'm gonna get mopped. 😂😂🍻🍻🔥🔥

Also, I believe I'm friends with most everyone who is a god but I may be mistaken, @smoothbore12 happy to have anyone on GTP as a friend, honestly, This place is so good!

Last edited:
I checked yesterday. I just have one Viper with a wide body and WR 1-3 which already carried dust. It already has got a livery.

So I decided to take it, even if it's not the most performant way to to.
To keep it simple I threw a ton of ballast into the car and restricted the power to meet the limit.

See you later

Do you guys practice for this? Also, do I just search out the lobby @MUC76 creates? How do I find you folks? My kid messes with lobbies but I never have.

Do you guys practice for this? Also, do I just search out the lobby @MUC76 creates? How do I find you folks? My kid messes with lobbies but I never have.
We often do some practice before launching the first race. That practice allows also to set lap times that can be used to set the grid.

Hope our new members @Meythia and @330_D to enjoy it and had fun.
Sure was fun, though I now definitly see the merrit in "same car races" for lobbies like this, because;
race 1: I definitly see I am lacking power with the way I setup the car - though this is how I usually prefer fo drive.
race 2: with the least powerful car put at p1, t1 had to be the most chaotic one - sorry for this
race 3: trying to avoid recreating race 2 t1, I was going inside but this wasnt for the best

@smoothbore12 I swear to was a raccoon when I spun out, but in the replay I could confirm it actually was a fairy on my wheel, pulling it all to the wrong side.

@Lomic last race we almost had it good, then you seemd to lose control but at the same time did I, yet I came out in front.
Unintended overtaking, but as I think we both were having a bad situation I feel like I was allowed to take this opportunity.

Happy to join in when occasionally I am free :)

Back